Chapter 4

I say "what?"

He says "I know it's probably not the best time to say it, but I had to tell you. And if I'm probably never going to see you again, it was now or never."

I say "no offence in any way, but why are you telling me this? The Government is coming in less than an hour."

He says "I just had to tell you before I lost you. I get it, you probably don't feel the same way, if you get your powers in the next half hour then we can just forget this conversation happened, if you want. But I just had to say it. Just once."

I sigh and say "Finn, you're my best friend in the whole world. You know that. But with the Government coming for me, I wasn't exactly worrying about if I have feelings for my best friend. I was terrified so much, I'm still terrified. I just wasn't really thinking about a relationship, and it's kind of late to have one."

He says "I know, I understand that. I knew it wouldn't accomplish anything, I just had to tell you. I needed you to know."

I just look down at the ground and whisper "I'm sorry."

He puts his hand under my chin and makes me look at him. A moment later, before I know what he's doing, he's kissing me. When he pulls away he says "so am I."

I just stand, looking at my best friend in the world who just admitted that he was in love with me, and feeling nothing but guilt when I couldn't say it back.

He says "I love you, Nova. Whether you're dead or alive. I just needed to tell you that." He turns and starts walking away.

I say "Finn..."

He turns back to me and says "don't be sorry. I get it."

I just stand there, staring at him.

He walks back over tome, kisses my cheek, and says "goodbye, Nova."

He starts walking away, and this time I couldn't even get myself to look at him. Instead, I looked down at the ground, went inside, and broke down into tears.

**A/N sorry it's kind of short, but the next one is pretty long