Chapter 24

**A/N this entire chapter is a dream

When I woke up, I was in a completely different place. It took me a moment to realize it was a lab.

There was a scientist standing over me, a small knife in his left hand and a razor in his right.

I say "what's happening?"

The scientist, a man, says "we're going to find out what makes you different."

I say "where am I?"

He says "the Government. Your+ Super Nova's are dead. All of them. Even your boyfriend." He points to a nearby table, where I can see Finn's body lying, still and lifeless.

I say "Finn!"

The man says "don't worry. You'll see him again soon. We're going to get into your brain, see how you got multiple powers. We're going to look for what makes you different."

I try to sit up, but my arms and legs were secured to the silver operating table on which I laid.

He says "don't worry, you won't feel a thing. Soon you'll be back with your Super Nova's. But just know that the Government always wins, and we can stop a war before it begins."

I focus on the knife in his hand, and it flies into a wall across the room.

He says "stop that!"

I focus on fire, and there's fire coming out of my index fingers. I say "let me out or I fire." No pun intended.

He says "what're you going to do?"

I say "this." I focus on a large mass of fire, and suddenly my whole body burst into flames. The restraints melt away and I move my wrists and ankles. I extinguish my fire and say "you've already lost."

He says "you think you're so tough."

The door opens, and three other people pile into the room. Two women and a man.

The first man puts out his hand, and fire shoots from his fingers.

The second man who just entered puts out his hand, and a mini-hurricane appears.

One of the women puts out her hand, and water shoots from her hand.

The second woman stomps her foot and a crack appears.

I say "I'm the four of you combined."

The first man says "but, you see, four against one is better odds."

I point at him and focus on water. Then, suddenly, water comes shooting out of my fingers, right at him. It extinguishes his fire. I shoot him with a great force of water, and he falls. I turn to the woman who has water in her hand. I put out my hands and a mini-tornado appears, like the other man has. I shoot the tornado at her, and her water is sucked into the hurricane. The hurricane smashes into her, and she falls.

The remaining two turn to the door, but I telekinetically lock it.

I say "you really think it's that easy?"

I turn to the man who had the tornado. I focus on slowing down the wind, and his tornado disappears. I turn to the woman who made the hole. I trace my finger along the edge and the crack begins to close.

I say "nothing is easy when I'm your opponent."

I turn back to where Finn's lifeless body is lying on another operating table.

I say "Finn?"

The body remains lifeless, and I refuse to believe that he's dead. I smack his arm and say "Finn, it's not funny."

Nothing happens.

I say "don't be dead, don't be dead. Please don't be dead."

Still, nothing happens.

I feel tears start streaming down my face, and I fall to my knees. I look around the room, and I suddenly see two other tables. I slowly approach the closest one.

Blaire's body laid upon the table, pale and lifeless.

I say "Blaire?"

Nothing happens.

I say "oh god not you too! Please! Blaire, wake up!"

Nope, still nothing. I look at the final table, and I know it's probably Ace.

I approach it, but instead of it being Ace it's Simone.

And there's a label right above her head:

DUE FOR EXAMINATION

LOREM MULTIS

Lorem Multis? What is that? Does it mean something? I think I learned about it in school a few years ago, but I can't remember what it was.

A sound scares me out of my thoughts, and I turn from the sign.

Finn, Blaire, and Simone all sit up.

I say "you're alive?"

They all look at me. They all had blank expressions on their faces, and their eyes looked glazed over, as if they were mentally somewhere else.

I say "Finn? Blaire? Sim?"

Finn says "you aren't potentially dangerous, you are dangerous!"

Blaire says "we've got to turn you in."

Simone says "you're highly dangerous."

I say "what?"

Finn says "you are dangerous!"

Blaire says "we've got to turn you in."

Simone says "you're highly dangerous."

I say "guys, snap out of it. C'mon, we've gotta get out of here."

The door opens and a voice says "I don't think you do."

I turn to see Ace walking into the room.

I say "Ace?"

He says "do you like my little project?"

I say "what is happening?"

He says "I created some drones. They say what I program them to. They aren't alive. They're dead, Nova. And soon you will be too. So get back on the table and let our scientists examine your brain."

I say "what've they done to you? It's me, your friend! We're friends, Ace!"

He says "we were friends, until you made me a fugitive."

I say "you agreed to go!"

He says "and you're the one who left the Government. You brought this upon yourself."

I say "I didn't do anything! I didn't ask for this!"

He says "then let us take it away. Get back on the table."

I look from him, to the table, around the room at the drones, then back to him.

And suddenly, my eyes fly open.

7