Sparks Fly [Book Two in the "...

De Lizardgurl

A team? More like a family. Too much school? Try being a superhero with the safety of the world on your shou... Mais

Prologue
Chapter One- A Spark
Chapter Two- Happy Birthday!
Chapter Three- Getting "Wet"
Chapter Four- The Invasion.
Chapter Five- Betrayal
Chapter Six- Nightmares
Chapter Seven- Promises
Chapter Eight- Personal Business
Chapter Nine- All You Need Is Love
Chapter Ten- First Date
Chapter Eleven- Memories
Chapter Twelve- Unreachable
Chapter Thirteen- More Twins
Chapter Fourteen- Originality
Chapter Fifteen- The Brass Beetle
Chapter Sixteen- Searching
Chapter Seventeen- Ultimatium
Chapter Eighteen- Secrets Revealed
Chapter Nineteen- To Absent Friends
Chapter Twenty- What's The Point?
Chapter Twenty-One- Lines and Impossibility
Chapter Twenty-Two- Death
Chapter Twenty-Three- Friends?
Chapter Twenty-Four- Self-Reliance
Chapter Twenty-Five- Attack!
Chapter Twenty-Six- Music
Chapter Twenty-Seven- Captured
Chapter Twenty-Eight- Rescue
Chapter Twenty-Nine- All Mixed Up
Chapter Thirty- Opening Up
Chapter Thirty-One- Therapy
Chapter Thirty-Two- Lab Rats
Chapter Thirty-Three- Earth and Water
Chapter Thirty-Four- Secrets Revealed
Chapter Thirty-Five- Lying
Chapter Thirty-Six- Regrets and Second Thoughts
Chapter Thirty-Seven- All's Fair In Love And War
Chapter Thirty-Eight- Finding Answers
Chapter Forty- Return
Chapter Forty-One- Preparing
Chapter Forty-Two- Triumphed
Chapter Forty-Three- Team.
Chapter Forty-Four- I Saw It Coming
Chapter Forty-Five- Truth
Chapter Forty-Six- Moving On
Chapter Forty-Seven- Leaving
Chapter Forty-Eight- Little Wonders
Chapter Forty-Nine- Surprise, Surprise.
Chapter Fifty- Stupid Cupid
Chapter Fifty-One- "Angel" In Blue Jeans.
Chapter Fifty-Two- Terrors In The Night
Chapter Fifty-Three- Almost
Chapter Fifty-Four- Escaping the Madness
Chapter Fifty-Five- Starting Over.
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Thirty-Nine- Get Gone

170 17 1
De Lizardgurl

May 30, 2016. 06:35.
The Warworld.
~~Willow~~

I smacked to the ground, unable to see.

"Hello?" A strange voice whispered. Something wet licked my cheek.

"Hello!?" The voice had a Japanese accent, and was dramatically more panicked.

So was I. Where was I? Why couldn't I see?

Connor's voice spoke out of the darkness. "She needs her goggles to see."

My hand flew to my face. My goggles were gone. But how-?

Blue. Blue attacked us. I clenched my fist and pushed my hands against the ground to stand up

"Wildfire, no," Connor grabbed my arm and pulled me down. Wolf licked my cheek again, and I heard his whimpers of concern. I heard mornings and groanings from the team in the background. Where were we?

"Here!" Arsenal shouted urgently. Someone shoved something into my hands, and I could unmistakably feel my goggles. Sighing with relief, I put them on and entered the world of color.

A young Japanese girl with short hair pulled back into a ponytail on top of her head waved to me with a happy smile. "Hello!" One of the runaways.

I nodded, first to her, then to Arsenal. "Thank you."

I looked around. The team, the Runaways and I were all standing in what appeared to be a containment chamber- a very large containment chamber -that was unmistakably part of the Warworld. Stasis cells lined the walls and the pillars placed about fifteen apart all throughout the massive room. Five of the cells were opened, only one out of the rest was occupied, but the big, ugly, three-eyed alien who had attacked the Hall of Justice. Judging by the way all of us except for Arsenal and the Runaways were so groggy, we'd just been freed.

I jumped as a loud crashing noise broke a row of stasis cells behind us.

"I unleashed Mongul to keep Black Beetle occupied so we could escape." Arsenal explained, handing out Mal's Guardian shield, Cassie's golden lasso, and Robin, Finch, and Batgirl's utility belts.

"But we need to go, now!" Ed urged.

Virgil helped Tammy and Terra stand up, Cassie leaned Robin and Finch's arms across her shoulders, Garfield and Rachel supported each other, Blur and Impulse leaned on a somber Sarah, Tye helped Batgirl join the rest of us, and Karen leaned on Mal. I leaned on Wolf for support, but Connor took me instead, leading me and the others after Arsenal to the door on the closer end of the chamber.

He slammed a hand on the controls, "Okay, get ready, there's a squad of Reach soldiers waiting for us."

Oh, now he tells us!

The door slowly slid open, and we all weakly braced ourselves for an attack that never came.

Nightingale, Nightwing, and Miss Martian stood amidst a mound of unconscious soldiers, along with Sphere.

Mara let out a wordless scream, running to Emma immediately. Emma dropped to her little protege, holding her tightly and rocking her back and forth.

"Found her in the docking bay." M'gann said with a smile as I broke away from Connor to hug Sphere. Seconds later, she was ambushed by her own hug from the joyous duo of Rachel and Gar.

"Thank goodness." I gasped.

"Are you alright?" Connor put a hand on my shoulder, but his question was directed at M'gann.

She shrugged awkwardly, patting Rachel's back as Emma grabbed Tim in a hug too. "As I can be."

"Hey fearless leader," Arsenal teased Nightwing, "Better late than never."

"Is everyone here? Is everyone safe?" Nightingale asked, helping those who were still half-asleep get onboard Sphere, who had unrolled into her biggest super-cycle mode yet.

"Good girl." I whispered.

"For now." Arsenal answered Nightingale.

"And the crystal key?" Nightwing asked.

"Gone!"

Nightwing groaned.

Arsenal jerked a finger over his shoulder, "And we better get gone too, before they declare a winner!"

"Right, move out!"

I shuddered as I watched Black Beetle continue to fight Mongul. I quickly helped Bridget and Bart get in with Tammy and Virgil before hopping in the driver's seat behind Connor. Carefully, Sphere took off. Emma and M'gann flew behind to make sure we weren't followed, and that no one got left behind.

We got back to the bioship without much incident, and by then everyone was feeling much more alert. But still, Connor insisted on helping me walk up the ramp.

"Let go!" I insisted, wrenching my arm from his grasp, "I can take care of myself."

"I'm sorry." His words, so gentle and full of sincere apology, made me stop abruptly, rubbing my wrists nervously.

"I-I'm sorry for yelling at you. And Nightwing. It wasn't your fault."

"You're just saying that." I said bitterly, folding my arms.

"No. Willow, I mean them." I looked at my feet for a moment, embarrassed. The next time I looked up, I smiled.

"Quit trying to help me walk, and we'll call it even."

"Deal." He broke into a smile, and kissed my cheek. I hugged him tightly.

"Look who's talking!" Karen's cry interrupted our apology moment.

"That last thing I remember was you opening and airlock without warning!" She accused Arsenal. "Nearly got us all killed and absolutely guaranteed our capture!"

"Hey, after eight years on ice there was no way I was getting grabbed again!" He snapped back, marching up to Karen. "And in case you hadn't noticed, my escape resulted in you being free now to stand here and complain. So how about a thank-you?"

Nightwing and Nightingale, who'd been thanking the Runaways for their help, shared a look, thinking the same thing.

"You're right, Arsenal, thank you." Emma walked up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Nightwing was not as gentle as she was, however. "And after we get back to Earth, you're off the team."

"What!?" I launched myself at Nightwing to defend my brother, but Connor held me back.

"Wait, if it wasn't for Arsenal we wouldn't have rescued anyone!" Virgil plead.

"That may be, but this isn't the first time Arsenal has pulled this kind of stunt." Nightwing said stiffly, referring to the Lexcorp mission where Arsenal blew up the Reach lab before the team could escape.

"Please, give him another chance!" I begged. This was for Roy, Red Arrow, could they not see that? Roy was their brother too!

Nightwing glared at me, "This isn't our Roy." His cold blue eyes seemed to say.

"I'm sorry, but he's endangered the lives of his team in order to further his own agenda or guard against his own personal demons. It's unacceptable, so until you can prove yourself a team player, have no place on this team." Emma said, genuinely sounding sorry. I grit my teeth and sighed.

"Now let's get on board and get out of here. We can discuss this further when we're not behind enemy lines!" Richard and Emma started up the ramp.

The Runaways looked at each other warily. "Sounds like there's nothing left to discuss."

"See, we don't need your help getting back to Earth, or want to join your team. We have our own way of doing things." Virgil said defiantly.

"Whatya say, bro, wanna ride with us?" The offered Arsenal.

He grinned. "Sounds like a plan"

I took a step after him as he joined the Runaway's cluster. "Roy, wait-" then I saw what the Japanese girl had in her hand.

"Is that a-?" Connor started, but he was cut off as Roy and the others disappeared in a crash of light.

I gasped and looked at Connor.

"Father Box?"

He nodded gravely. "Father Box."

-------

"You didn't have to kick him off the team."

"Willow, you're being completely unreasonable." Emma said as she angrily stomped after me.

I was searching the Watchtower for Captain Atom to petition him to have Arsenal stay on the team. After we found where he and the Runaways had portaled to, that is. Emma was following me, trying to stop me.

"I made a promise to Roy, Emma! He trusted me! Both of them did!" I opened and shut another door, still with no success in finding Captain Atom.

"Fine," Emma crossed her arms, "Say he comes back and pulls another stunt like that. Except this time, one if the team doesn't make it our. Like Connor, or Mara!"

"Hey Emma, hey Willow!" Captain Marvel gave us both a cheerful wave as we passed him.

"You don't know that!" I snapped, ignoring Billy. "But he deserves another chance! Did you kick me off the team when I nearly killed everyone?"

Emma shot me a sharp glare. "Willow. That was Pyro." She said sternly, stopping in the middle of the hall.

"So? That was still me! That was something I did! But you gave me another chance, didn't you?" I asked.

"No!" Emma stomped her foot on the floor of the Watchtower, and I could feel the air bristling with electricity.

"Willow. That was completely different than Arsenal's case. Pyro is another person entirely. You had no control over her."

"Have." I muttered quietly. I saw Emma's eyes widen and realized my blunder.

"No, I mean- I didn't..."

Emma took me by the shoulders, blue eyes meeting violet. "Willow, is Pyro still there, in your head?"

I looked down, but I didn't need Scarlett's prompting to tell the truth.

"Yes."

Emma took a step back, covering her mouth.

"Willow..." she was too shocked to say anything.

I looked at her. Both of us were trying to hold back tears. Trying and failing.

I reached under my goggles to wipe away my tears as Emma began to shake.

"It's okay," I told her, "I'm fine."

Emma grabbed me in a hug. "I should be the one saying those things to you."

We stood there in the hall, rocking back and forth as we both cried.

"I am so sorry." I said, squeezing my eyes shut.

"I'm sorry too." Emma choked.

"Water, fire, air, which one? Water, fire, air, all gone!"

"You know Pyro," I gritted my teeth, "I don't know if you noticed, but I really hate having you in my head."

GAH, WILLOW AND EMMA BFF MOMENTS, OMZ. :3

THEY MADE UP, YAYAYAYAY!!!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

278K 6.9K 34
{I wrote this when I was like 13 imsorry} #3 teentitans out of 944 stories #6 dccomcis out of 1000+ stories #12 damianwayne out of 1000+ stories ...
9.1K 688 57
Wally's gone. Richard's gone. Willow's gone. Emma is too afraid of anyone else leaving her. Finding her home, her old life, and being asked a cer...
35.4K 1K 14
Everyone has cracks, some are just better at hiding them then others. M'gann is lonely but the kindest. Aqualad had a very troubling past, but his...
105K 3K 12
Failsafe, a seemingly harmless training exercise. That is, till Miss Martin's subconscious accidentally took control of it. Turning it into a traumat...