My Destiny (Jealousy Book 2)

By PaintMeImperfect

This is the Sequel to JEALOUSY. read Jealousy first before reading this book. Brandon, after Destiny's unexpe... More

Chapter 1 :Why?
Chapter 2 : 1 Step back
Vex-Authors Note
Chapter 3 :Strong minds get over Anything...hopefully.
Chapter 4 : Well needed offdays
Chapter 5 : Testing of Faith.
Chapter 6 : Lego house
Chapter 7: lego house continued
Chapter 8 : Silence...
Chapter 9: Choices
Chapter 10 : Steps
Chapter 11: Reciprocated.
Chapter 12 : Nice to meet you
A
Chapter 13 : Separate lives
Chapter 14- Through Jealous eyes
Chapter 15: Similar plights..different attitudes.
Chapter 16 :She Rhymes With Beige
Chapter 17 : Happy efforts
Chapter 18:Therapeutic Family time
Authors Note
Chapter 20 :Faith
Chapter 21 :Momentary Solitude
Chapter 22 :Because Nyjah says
Chapter 23 : The view from where I stand.
Chapter 24-The titanic effect
Chapter 25 - The Titanic effect part 2
Chapter 26 -Explosive by nature
Chapter 27 : What am I without U?
Q&A
Chapter 28 : My DESTINY
Epilogue Announcement
Chapter 29 : Lifeline (Epilogue)
book 3
PIERCE YOUR HEART (jealousy book 3)

Chapter 19 : Disturbed Family efforts

762 39 16
By PaintMeImperfect

Continued.

Des was scaring me, baby girl left everyone at the mall, running towards the car, almost driving into another guy's car how fast she was going.
I'm in the passenger seat, confused, and worried because shit just went from zero to one hundred real quick.

"Baby? Okay he's an old friend, so why you all worked up?-I mean, maybe I'm just not normal, if this is how normal people react to old friends reaching out"

Des was drumming her fingers on the steering wheel, mind afar, but I ain't care, cause I need answers.

"Woman-"

"He's an old Friend of Adonyjah and I, we grew up together"She finally whispers.

Nyjah's old friend? -his name rang in my ears like bees.We don't talk about Nyjah. But anything his name is in , is definitely trouble.

"Demo and Nyjah were real close, until they both got in the drug game together.Two bosses at heart, they just couldn't work together in the same position . One had to be alpha.Can imagine how many times they disputed over simple decisions."Des shakes her head reminiscing.You could see the pain in her eyes. '' Well, one boss decides to leave and start his own empire, that's Demo.You can imagine how angry this made Nyjah.To him, leaving him in any situation was dishonour...and he'd kill for that" She whispers the last bit, sending chills down my spine as I remember her in a hospital bed, fighting for her and Blessings' life because of what Nyjah saw as Dishonour. I cringe at the image.

"Anyway.The frienship ended."She continues. " Demo eventually became Nyjahs stiffest competition, dropping Nyjah's sales a bit . Being the manipulative bastard Ny was, instead of trying to outdo Demo, he got one of his police friends to frame Demo, with coke and weed in his vehicle after a night of clubbing. SHIT, cops ain't need nothing more than a black, thug lookin' guy driving a benz, coming from the club to lock him up, but the coke was the icing on the cake that put him away for six years. He got out two years back, and the streets knew Nyjah did the set up, it wasn't rocket science, so Demo knew too."Her brows cringed as if she was weighing something heavy on her mind.

"What?"

"Just wondering how...or why after he came out he didn't start a war like everyone was predicting. I MEAN, Demo and Nyjah at it would mean alotta deaths, the block would be hella divided."

Oh...

All through this story, I just realized we pulled up to the cabin.

"So whats all that gotta do with the package baby? "

She looks at me, studying my face and sighs, getting out the car.I follow suit.

"Demo, said to me, if he ever contacts me again, it would mean either he's dying, or I'm about to..."

I freeze in my tracks. What?
Could this DEMO, be responsible for Rivers death? Richs'?
But wait, Could either mean he's dyin or she's about to?
Its not adding up.

Des doesn't slow down as she talks and I think I need a second to take this all in.

As we get on the porch, I grab up the package before Des could get to it. I needed to know it was safe first.
It was a brown envelope. A bit thick, with just ' Demo for Des' written on it. I hadn't noticed it wasn't post office oriented til now

She sighs.

"Just please open it, im dying of anxiety over here" She grumbles.

Yea, me too...
But what if its something we dont wanna see...
Which ever way , im just as curious as the next guy.

Opening the package, Des walks up in front of me, both hands in her pockets and face crimson red.

I shake out a note, with a phone number on it and another envelope.

"Must want me to call him"She questions.

I am beyond confused at this point. Nigguh never heard of Facebook?

"Open the other one" She breaths.

Opening the envelope, I am met with photographs, all of a man in a pull over jacket, and a fitted down in his face.In most of the pictures he's doing transactions, on his phone.

"Who's that? - you can barely even see the man. " Des hisses.

"Yea...I don't get it either, but I suspect that's why we got a number.Here.''I hand the note with the number to her . She doesn't hesitate to take it from me and dial it in her phone.She puts it on speaker phone.

"Good, you got the package. "A husky, relaxed male voice says on the phone.

"Hey Demo, been a while, see would like to catch up but you decided to start the reunion by freakin' me out!" Des seethes through her teeth, pacing on the porch.

"So you recognize the photos?" Demo ask ignoring her mood.

Des face cringed in confusion.

"No, should I have? "

Demo sighs.

"Listen" He says, sounding more alert and serious. " I may have been offline for a few years, but since ive been back and even before that, news dont miss me.I say that to say im omnipresent in these streets.They talk, I hear. SO, imagine my surprise when I hear that 'King Pin' isn't dead or missing, but roaming the streets of Atlanta and starting up a new drug trade base and shit"

King pin?
Not dead or missing?
It took me a while, but the look on Des' face struck knowledge. Knowledge i didn't want to be true.
Nyjah ....is not dead.
No...
This has to be a game, a sick joke.

Grabbing the phone from Des I hold it to my mouth.

"Listen, what are you playing at? -I had that fool offed months ago"I grit.

He laughs, and this only irritated the shit out of me.

"Listen guy, I just thought I'd warn an old friend, since I heard he tried to off her already.And you say you had him offed?-I guess that means you aint do it yourself huh?"Demo starts to laugh again, and with that his words sunk...

Shit,
Rivers.

Fuck..fuck!

"Where is he now?"

"Tha fuck I look like? -God? Shit I'm close enough, but not exactly."

Adonyjah is not dead?
Rivers didnt do his job?
Why?
How?
Was he friends with Nyjah this whole time, working as an inside man?

Just then my eyes met with Des's serious eyes, and i guess im drawing rhe seriousness from her through  a stare as I feel a realm of PROTECTIVE instinct run through me.

"Thank you, Demo . You've been of great aid. " I say, hangin up the phone, my eyes not leaving Des.

"Baby,he's the one behind the murders,It's Nyjah!"I blurt.

"I can't believe he's alive"

I sigh. 

"Makes both of us."

"Dammit maan, Rivers! "I grit...how can my best guard be a traitor? Makes me wonder how much more of my guards cant be trusted!
How could he let him live? How?
Why...

Des stood, her arms folded and he leg fidgety, staring out of space. She's uneasy, and so am I...
Nyjah is not dead. ..
And im pretty sure she's thinking the same thing im thinking...
Our huge fight, and messy break up was for nothing now that Adonyjah is alive....
Damn, all of that could have been avoided if I had known, if we had known this sooner.
And. ..the biggest question of all...
Is he gonna do nothing stupid? 

"Are we safe baby?"She says finally, "I mean, I don't know, we've been protecting ourselves since Rivers' and Richs' deaths, because we thought they were trying to get at us too, but now, we are absolutely sure who did it....now I know what we are up against is more than last time...I know him"She starts to cry and her lips tremble as she speaks. "I couldn't live with myself if he hurt anyone of you, because of me.."

"He won't even get in a mile of you or our families I swear it."I hold her face I my hands and kiss her lips.

"Don't swear"

"I can, if I can keep my word baby"

"You know what, what if he's at our house right now? At mom's house, your mom's house....here"She rambles, panicked and scared.

The realization that Nyjah has been alive and out there this entire time hits me and I'm taken a back. He could be watching us right now and we wouldn't even know.I feel vulnerable.But that will have to be replace by bravery and strength if I am to protect whats mine.

"I'll get on security."I say, taking her hand. "For now I just need you to call our parents and have them get here in no less than twenty minutes, get the kids home."

"Yea, on it" She says wiping her eyes.

I get on the phone.

I need to get my guards back home aware, and see if I can get some police involved who aren't corrupted by Remmings.

-later-

Des and I have been seated in the living room, dazed by the revelation. Nyjah isn't dead...Nyjah is NOT DEAD.
It's surreal...and I'm worried.Worried because I dont know what he's up to. ..
If he's still got a hit on my family or what? -if he does, why hasnt he tried anything? He's been on the streets for months, I don't get it...
Was he tryna fuck with my head?

No.. 
That cant be it, cause he doesn't know we know.

"JESUS, Why'd we have to rush home, what's the problem?''Landon whines as he walks through the door, a happy Kyle on his neck.

"You guys need to get in here" I say to them as they enter. Maximus and Ken looking behind them, already aware of whats happening. I sigh. "Baby get over here please" I say to Des.She been praying and picking at her nails for the pass half hour.

Snapping out of her own head, she scooches over beside me, and I snake my arm around her waist, kissing her head as she rests it on my shoulder.

I sigh heavily.

Baby girl doesnt need another round of 'Nyjah the Nuisance'...
and I don't either...
But life seems to like throwing him in the picture.

Every one was finding a comfortable place to sit, except for Sage..she is preparing to walk out the room.

"No, no, Sage, you stay" I demand.

She looks at me shocked, pausing in her step.

"Okayyy" She breaths annoyed. "Just thought you guys needed privacy."

I ignore her sudden regard for my family, two years ago she and the same shit head didn't give two shits.
Makes me wonder if she has anything to do with this mess we in again.

This is actually the first im speaking to her directly since she's been here.

She stands by the entrance, taking out her phone and starts to text.

"Son"Dad says shaking me from my thoughts of disgust for this woman.

"Yea, sorry"I sigh. "So we have a problem and I dont know where to begin explaining this, since most persons in this room, view me a certain way... a saintly way.."

My eyes sweep the room, studying the confused faces, the eager faces...and Sage's smirk as if to say 'yea right, saint'..

Des wraps her arms around mine and kisses my shoulder.
She senses im nervous.

The last time I told someone what I had done...or rather what I thought I did...I got crushed because of how disappointed she was.

"They aren't me." She whispers.

I look down at her to see her looking up at me. 'They aren't me' damn its like she's in my head.

"Don't be nervous baby..."She forces a smile.

I kiss her forehead.

"Nervous? " Mother questions.We both turn gazes from each other and lock eyes with Mable. "Why would you be? "

All intrigue in the room was piqued by now and I am the man on the spot once again.
And my eyes are again glued to mother's. ...I'm scared of what  she may think of me after this ....she already hates that I'm unmarried with kids, to a woman she despises... 

regardless, I think I oughta spill this and now, before everyone's eye's burn holes in me.

"Its Adonyjah, I thought I had him killed months ago, sent one of my best guards after I learnt he was coming to harm my family again, but it turns out he's alive"All jaws were dropped and I could see the fire in Miguel and Joe's eyes. "Turns out my 'best guard' went rogue.He was found dead at the Hamptons hotel a few months back, and also, Nyjahs bestfriend, Rich, at his home shortly after-"

"You should have done the job yourself"I hear Miguel snide at the back of the room.

"Baby, don't start"Gretty admonishes him.

"I am not that type of man-"

"Yea, take out the 'that type of', then maybe that statement will be true."

"Miggy what's your problem? -que? "Destiny leans off my shoulder and sits up, waiting, annoyed for her brothers answer.

"Him."Miguel hisses. "Again, he proves unworthy of you.A simple task and he gives another the job just because he has the money to?- look where that has us now, on a psychopaths hitlist again!"

Is sigh, trying hard to ignore him
I was growing irritated of Miguels crap...
Ever since that Kiera situation and our altercation at Chipotle, we aint been good.

"Hamptons you say?" Father interrupts.

"Yes"

"Destiny, is that not where you stayed after you. ..you know" He asks boo.

"Yeah, it was"She shrugs.

"Noticed anything insidious? "

Des brows furrowed as if she was trying hard to remember something and then all of a sudden she pales.
She was worrying me

"Yes"

I stiffen in my seat.What?

My eyes widen in shock as I look at her.Our eyes meet for a split second then she looks back at dad.

"A..a guy was murdered on my floor" She stutters.

I could feel my chest caving in.

"Did you know him?"Joe joins in the interrogation.

"We spoke once, at the bar"Des rambles nervously. "After I saw...."She pauses, toying with her fingers.

"Saw who baby?" I Finally ask.

Her glossed eyes turn up to meet mine.

"After I saw Rivers"

The entire room gasps and stare at Destiny in shock. I was dumbfounded.
How could she not tell us this?

"Was he staying at the hotel when you saw him? -did you speak with him?" Father asks in a more serious tone.

"Yes, he was, a few floors below."I drop my head back on the couch's head rest, looking at the empty ceiling, frustrate. "I saw him in the elevator, at first I didn't recognize him, but then we started talking on my way up. I asked if he still works for Bran, and it was all pleasantries from there . But I never saw him again, after that elevator ride."

"Sis"Landon speaks up .Des's humble eyes turn towards him at the window."The guy that died, the one you spoke with at the bar.How long after your talk did he die?"

Des's face pales and she looks down at her lap, running her palms , nervously on her jeans.

"That same night actually. .."

The gasps and whispers spread across the room like wild fire.

"Oh my God, this idiot was in the same hotel as her deranged husband and she didn't even know it."Mother hisses.

I hold my head up to give her a reminding glare.

"He is not her husband." I remind her. "And don't speak to her that way mother, for the last time."

She rolls her eyes at me.

"I thought, at the time, he was still working for Brandon, he said so, and i thought he was just their for his personal reasons."She defends herself. "I left right after the guy died, I didn't feel safe anymore, but how was I to know my supposedly dead ex and my boyfriend's best guard had teamed up to kill us?-what am I God now?"Des hisses.

She has a point...
He was dead to us, in every sense til today.

"Well, I guess now we have to be on guard again.All our families are under attack again because little miss here decided to marry a lunatic, and drag my son into this mess with her.You should have just stayed a Remmings, none of this wouldn't have happened if you had simply just stayed with the man"Mother scolds.

Des gets up out her seat, anger spilled on her face.

"You try being married to a overly possessive, short tempered drug dealer who sells and snorts his shit and believes yelling at me and smashing my things, then fucking me after is a good way to tame his wife! -no male friends, no staying out late, no parties unless he's there and I can't do as much as take a job without his say so! -Oh and might I add that he aint even want me to work?"Des exclaims. "YOU can sit there and talk shit about me like you often do, judge me, but until you've cleaned a man's shit, vomit and spit because he's addicted to drugs, and he gets clean and goes back and do that same shit again with some lame excuse , not thinking about how that shit almost broke us before, until Cornwell decides to call you out your name and publicly embarrass you over the thought that you fucking on him and a whole lotta other shit. Seven years, and I never gave up, not once. I did, love him ...and with all due respect Mable, you need to Shut the fuck up some times cause you know nothing. "

"Baby" I breathe, trying to calm her down.

"Spoken like a hood rat."Mother snides.

"Mother! " I reprimand.

"Both of you, desist!" Father shouts.

"Where does she get of blaming me for Adonyjahs drug induced madness? -I left after I found out he'd been taking drugs, so I wasn't the reason he started! -any reason other than that is fuckry, and even if that were the reason all the more reason to deem it fuckry"

Stop cussing Des, please, stop.

"Mable, I never told you this out of respect for my son in law, but your blatant disrespect for my daughter has gone on long enough." Grace says getting up from her seat. "You are a very, very ugly, bitter, prissy, self absorbed bitch! "

The room went silent.

Holy shit!

Destiny

I stand, not only shocked at the guts I had to stand up to her with everyone around . Against my better judgment at that too, but shocked at my coy mother.
Mable must have irked her in the wrong place for her to lash out like that.

And I gotta admit, it felt good to see her stand up for me like that.

She walked out the room after her outburst, leaving Mable to sit and act unbothered.

Brandon sat, his head in his palms. His father, going over to the mini bar for a drink.

Dad asked all the ladies to excuse us for a second, and they didnt hesitate to leave.
I wouldn't either, if i was allowed.

Miguel, dad, Cornwell, Landon, Brandon and...the apparent source of all this..Me, are all gathered in the living room now.
I Sit back down beside Brandon who is still deep in thought.

"So, what do we do...We can't leave anything up to chance like last time, remember how that turned out."Cornwell states, drinking down Courvasiour like it's water.

Yea. ..Last time I almost died, and they all could have too,if Brandon attempted to go after Nyjah.

I tremble at the thought of losing any of them.
That would kill me.

Just then I feel Brandon take my hand and kiss my knuckles.

Looking over at him, he still has his head down in his palms, looking all the way stressed.

I sigh.

Why cant we ever just get away form the stress? We've had it...
And I know its not just that Nyjah is back...
I has totally forgot I saw Rivers..
Mostly because at that time, all I had were him, our failed relationship and our kids on my mind.
If I had remembered, I could have told him...and maybe we would have figured this our earlier?
I doubt it...
We could have never thought a dead man wasnt...dead?
But he's alive...and..I wish I knew what his intentions were.

"How do we even know if he's coming after us or not?- hes been alive for months and nothin's happened"Dad sighs.

"He murdered his best friend and Rivers, I doubt he doesn't have an agenda for us..it's Remmings we are dealing with.A man who could shoot his pregnant ex, kill his best friend, get shot in his two knees and still wants to finish what he started"Landon says.

"Well, we know he's persistent."Cornwell. "Have to hand it to the fellow, he doesn't stop til he gets what he wants, hard to find that in a black male."

Everyone's heads turn towards Cornwell at the mini bar . And I think it just occurred to him that he's the only white man in here, so his 'black male' comment may strike the wrong nerve.

"You know what I mean" He shrugs, cheeks pink, highlighting his embarrassment.

I almost laugh, but I hold it back.

"I say we guard up, and get someone in the streets to watch his every move for a fair price"Miguel suggests. "And keep my sister, and our women and kids in the houses as much a possible.Ain't nothin we can do, he hasn't made a move yet, and we cant kill him or attempt to if he hasn't given us a reason to.We can't just assume yet-"

"And we cant wait til he does something stupid either " Brandon says, finally lifting his head.

"So, again, what do we do?"Cornwell asks.

"We wait, and keep what's ours in line. "Miguel says.

"For now. "Brandon says, and my eyes move over to him and I see it. That look...I've seen it a few times before, but never so intense.

He's so willing right now to just end Nyjah its kind of scary.
When I thought he had killed him already, I was so afraid of what it might mean for his soul, for his conscience. ..but now, I guess I have to accept that being a man, and a protector...he has to do what he has to do,he has to...
Or he loses us...
I see from his point of view now.

#vote

A.n

-almost better now guys, my illness is wading! Yes indeed.
Hope ur enjoyin! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 83.9K 35
Luke has sworn off love ever since he found out that his best friend and then girlfriend slept together. He loved Olivia and her betrayal cut him dee...
2.2K 122 14
Love doesn't have the same meaning for all but one thing about it is that it's universal. They both long for each other but they fear coming close t...
2.2K 91 62
Summary Book One Part Four - The Blood Blood. It is vital. It is....power. For Brandon it is pain and darkness...and his destiny. The Flame. The po...
22.4K 1.1K 41
Part 3 of the jealousy trilogy! FIRST READ (Jealousy) THEN BOOK 2 (My destiny) ..then we'll meet again here :) Destiny and the love of her life, are...