The Survivor (Dead Rising X O...

By MichaelJCantu

When the dead start to rise in the small town of Willamette, what sort of horrors will two people find? Follo... More

Ch.1: Welcome to Willamette
Ch.2: All hell breaks loose
Ch.3: Food Court Shootout
Ch.4: The Not so Good Doctor
Ch.5: Gun Store Shootout
Ch.6: A Crazy Clown
Ch.7: The Terrorist Returns
Ch.8: Medicine Run
Ch.9: Getting Some Answers
Ch.10: The Hatchet Man
Ch.11: The Last Resort
Ch.12: A Secret Hideout and A Butcher
Ch.13: Pachamama
Ch.14: Overtime
Ch.15: A Way Out

Ch.16: Escaping The Mall (Finale)

44 1 0
By MichaelJCantu

Jason POV

I felt myself being shaken awake. I opened my eyes to see Frank and Isabella.

Isabella: It's ready.

Jason:... Alright. Then let's get the hell out of here.

With that, we left the hideout, and made our way to the clock tower. When we got outside, the sun was up. Maybe around mid morning. She wasn't lying when she said it'd take a while to make that perfume.

We got to the tower, and Frank and Isabella had the same reaction I had when I first saw the zombie filled tunnel.

Isabella: My God... There are so many... Where could this possibly lead?

Jason: No idea. But, considering how many keep pouring out of here, it must be connected to something.

I turned to see Isabella looking like she was second guessing this whole plan.

Jason: Isabella, look... Any other way out of here is guarded by the military.

Frank: Jason's right. If we're gonna get out of here and put a stop to Carlito's plan, we've got to go in there. It's the only way. Besides, it's not like we're unarmed. We've got these guns from the lockers, and your smelly perfume, don't we?

Isabella still looked unsure of this, and Frank placed a hand on her shoulder.

Frank: I wouldn't be alive right now if your shot hadn't worked... The perfume's gonna work too. I know it.

Isabella looked down at the perfume bottle, and nodded.

Isabella: Alright, let's go.

Frank: Yeah.

I checked to make sure my SMG is good to go while Frank checked his rifle.

Jason: Ready for this?

Frank: Ready as I'll ever be. And who knows, we may not even need these.

Jason: Here's hoping.

The three of us jumped down into the tunnel, and Isabella sprayed the perfume around us, and to our surprise, it worked. The zombies didn't just not attack us, they backed away from us. Strange, they must smell something from this that we don't, because it actually smells quite nice. Minus the smell of rotting flesh, of course.

We made our way through the tunnel, while the zombies parted for us. There were a few that weren't as affected by the perfume as the others, but Frank and I dealt with them swiftly.

Now we've been walking through this tunnel for a while, and the perfume's effects were beginning to fade. We managed to get pretty deep, and found some metal gates blocking the exit. But what caught my attention were the remaining special forces soldiers guarding the exit.

Jason: Damnit! They're here too.

Isabella: You still think this was a good idea?

I looked around and noticed a lever that controlled the gate. And a military jeep next to the special forces.

Jason: If we can get that gate open, they'll be too busy dealing with all the zombies to deal with us. Once that gate's open, we book it for the jeep.

Frank and Isabella nodded, and we rushed to the lever. After flipping the lever, and opening the gate, it was soon followed by the sounds of gunfire, and screaming.

Wasting no time, we were able to slip past the special forces, and load into the jeep. Frank was driving, Isabella was in the passenger seat, and I was on the mounted machine gun. There was only one direction to go, so that's where we went.

As Frank was driving, I looked back to see if we were being followed. Suddenly, Frank swerved the jeep, and I looked forward to see that we were face to face with a freaking tank!

Jason: Get us the hell out of here!!!

Frank starts to drive away from the tank, and it starts to pursue us. I turned back and took aim with the mounted gun, and started shooting. I had no idea if this was doing anything, but I saw some flashing lights on the tank, so I targeted those, hoping to do some damage.

And apparently it was working, because the take started emiting some smoke. Isabella even used Frank's rifle and took some shots of her own.

After about 5 minutes of us driving away and shooting at the tank, it suddenly stopped. Frank pulled over just a few meters from the tank.

Frank: Did we destroy it?

Jason: I don't know...

I was beginning to think we did some actual damage to the tank. That is until it started moving towards us at full speed, with the intent to ram us.

Frank: Shit!!!

Frank started driving, but the tank cut us off, and rammed the side of the jeep. I was thrown several meters away from the jeep, and landed hard on the ground. My head was spinning from the impact, but I was able to get back to my feet. That's when I saw the jeep turned on its side, and Frank and Isabella unconscious next to it. I was about to go over to them, but the tank's main cannon turned to aim at me.

Jason: Oh shit...

I then saw a bald man wearing a special forces uniform sitting on top of the tank.

???: Well, what have we here?

I looked back to see Frank and Isabella still unconscious.

???: Where were you hiding when my men mopped up the mall?

Jason: ("His" men? So this is the commander.)

The commander then puts a cigar in his mouth.

Commander: On a mission, in which the number of targets is unclear, it's difficult to ensure absolute thoroughness. Heh, you have imagination... That's what drives you in your quest to run. Your quest to hide... As prey, you and your kind are much more stubborn than the zombies.

Jason:... How much do you know about the zombies...?

Commander: I commanded the Santa Cabeza cleanup operation. If we had fulfilled our mission then, we wouldn't be needed here now to take care of this... incident.

Jason:... *glares* So that's all it was to you, huh? A mission? What about those innocent people who had to pay for sins committed by our government and it's inhuman research--!

Commander: Our mistakes have not begun with this operation...! Heh... humanity...has proven itself to be quite adept at making mistakes... HA, hell, it's the only thing we truly excel at. Well then. I'd say this mission isn't quite over yet... Wouldn't you agree?

Jason: *glares*

Suddenly, the tank's main connon turns away from me, and aims at a large horde of zombies. Shocking me, but I could tell the commander was shocked too.

Taking advantage of his distraction, I quickly climbed atop the tank, and punched him square in the face, knocking his cigar out of his mouth. I pulled out my knife to try and stab him, but he dodged out of the way, and kicked me to the side.

I quickly got up, and got into a fighting stance. The commander then pulled out a knife of his own and he and I stared off, getting ready to fight.

3rd person POV

Commander: C'mon, kid! I've been doing this since before you were born!

Jason: Bring it on, old man!

The commander went for a slash, but Jason kicked the knife hand away. The commander recovered and slashed a Jason three times, but Jason parried all the slashed, and on the third one, Jason punched the commander square in the nose.

The commander recoiled back a bit, and touched his nose to feel blood.

Commander: Heh, not bad. Not even my own men could land a hit on me.

Jason went for a slash, but the commander leaned back and avoided it. The commander then tried to stab Jason, but he deflected the blade. The commander tried to follow up with a reverse grip stab, but Jason blocked it by grabbing his forearm. Jason then pulled his arm down, and stabbed the commander in the shoulder, making him grunt in pain. The commander then headbutted Jason, and pushed him off of him.

Jason recovered and got back into his stance, while the commander was still dealing with the pain of being stabbed.

Commander: *grunts* You can't kill me...! I'VE KILLED A LOT WORSE THAN YOU!!!

Jason: Then why are you afraid?!

The commander went for a slash and a stab, which Jason parried, and Jason went for a roundhouse kick. But, the commander ducked under his kick, and swept Jason's other foot out from under him, making him fall on his back. The commander tried to stab Jason, but missed. Jason tried to slash him, but he leaned back to avoid his slash.

Jason stood back up, and slashed at the commander twice, but he parried both attacks. The commander then tried to punch Jason in the face, but Jason dodged the punch, and grabbed his arm, before locking it. Jason then kicked the back of the commander's knee, and sent him to the floor. Jason then tried to stab the commander, but he kicked Jason's knife out of his hand, before kicking him in the face.

Jason almost fell off the tank, which was now surrounded by zombies, but he caught himself. He then noticed the commander was about to rush him. So he picked his knife back up, and ducked under a slash aimed for his head, then plunged his knife into the commander's side.

Jason then stood up, and grabbed the commander's knife arm and broke it, making him drop his knife. Before his knife fell to the floor, Jason caught it, and stabbed the commander in the neck. But Jason wasn't done. To finish him off, he took his knife out of the commander's side, and stabbed the top of his head. Making a gruesome cross.

End OST

The commander was still on his feet as he stumbled back. Jason then walked up to him, and kicked him off the tank, and into the horde of zombies.

Jason watched as the zombies tore into the commander. He took a few steps back, and fell to his knees.

Back with Frank and Isabella, they were on top of the jeep, trying to avoid the zombies. That's when they looked over and saw that Jason had killed the commander, and was just sitting on the tank.

Frank: Jason?!

Jason:.......

Jason didn't say a word, all he did was let out all his frustrations and rage in one scream.

Jason: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Frank West, Isabella Keyes, and Jason Riley managed to escape the town of Willamette with information pertinent to the incident under their belts.

The news caused a fever throughout the world. Leading to the U.S. Government to admit to at least partial culpability in the livestock research program.

However, no connection to the Willamette incident was acknowledged, and the events that occurred there were deemed the work of a fringe terrorist group.

The people of the world, as could be expected from the modern culture of news saturation, soon let the Willamette incident fade from their minds.

The authenticity of Carlito's chilling plan to use the orphans as his pawns has yet to be confirmed, or proven false.

And yet he complained...

That his belly was not yet full.

---------------------------------------------------

Story End.

Thank you all for reading. I really hope you enjoyed this fanfic.

Here's a sneak peak for part 2

---------------------------------------------------

???: Well, America... Are you hungry for a little terror? Because tonight, we're gonna give it to ya! I've been poking these zombies all week, and man are they pissed! Hahahahaha. Our contestant's almost ready, let's send him a little message. You gotta be willing to risk it all, if you're ever really gonna....

WIN BIG!!!

---------------------------------------------------

See you in part 2

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20 0 14
"Supernatural hero with the power of snow, seeking revenge" + The 22-year-old Frank was working at his night shift in a supermarket with Old Jack and...
124 12 13
A teenage girl is alone at the start of an apocalypse after watching her friends die. She meets a man who takes her in. The man takes her all the way...
2.2K 133 45
Rose's a long time friend of CC coma finds herself calling him for some help. CC coma and Rose were nothing but friends and CC thought of her as his...
29.2K 3.4K 45
Max and Lizzie have made it to the safe haven, but at what cost? Their friends are scattered across the city, alone and scared, at the mercy of the u...