AFTER HIGH SCHOOL

chance_T által

I just graduated high school and instead of celebrating it with my friends. I choose to go on a bus for an ho... Több

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine
Chapter forty
Chapter forty one
Chapter forty two
Chapter forty three
Chapter forty four
Chapter forty five
Chapter forty six
Chapter forty seven
Chapter forty eight

Chapter thirty four

5 1 0
chance_T által

CASSANDRA KHAN

We end up with an early appointment, don't ask me how Aaron was able to get one so fast with how little I notified him of it.
But he woke me up at seven to get ready saying we had somewhere to be at nine and now here we are, waiting for the doctor to see us.

"How were you able to get an appointment this fast?" He looks at me and shrugs his shoulders.
He is grinning smugly and I realize it's been long since I have seen him like this.

I remember him like this in our meeting phase. However, I'm not complaining at all.

"I told you last night that this was something Lucy could easily help us with."

"Mr. Hernandez?" A nurse calls us before I can see anything back.
Aaron raises his arm and the nurse tells us to follow her.

"Dr. Ford will see you now." She leads us to her office, she knocks once before opening the door.

"Mr. Hernandez is here." She leaves, leaving everything up to Dr. Ford.
Aaron steps aside to allow me to walk in first before following in next.
I don't know why I feel nervous but I realize it's because this is my first time visiting a doctor for solely purpose of my pregnancy.
When I knew it was thrown on me.
But this, is nerve wrecking.

Ever since I heard of the news of my pregnancy, the following events were stressful and a little hard that they took away the weight and acceptance of fully digesting that I was knocked up.

But now that I am here, seeing an obstetrician. The realization is drawing on me.

"Good morning, I'm Dr. Ford, please have a seat." Aaron pulls a chair for me and sits after I have made myself comfortable.

"Thank you again for seeing us at such short notice," Aaron says causing Dr. Ford to shake her head.
"It's fine, Lucy is a good friend of mine so filling you in as per her request isn't a problem at all, so I hear your partner is pregnant, is this your first appointment?"

I nod my head. "Yes." She turns to smile at me. "Are you nervous?"
How can she know?
I glance at Aaron briefly, biting on my lower lip anticipatory. "A little." Her smile grows wider.

"You have nothing to worry about, so since this is your first appointment I will have to run some tests first before going with the ultrasound. Do you mind coming with me?" I shake my head.

I turn to Aaron when he holds me back. "Do you want me to come with you?" I shake my head.

"No, I will be fine." He leans in and pecks my lips. "I will be here waiting." I smile at him before standing up and following up with Dr. Ford to a laboratory room.
She draws my blood and takes my urine before checking my blood pressure and heart health.

"The results will be through within thirty minutes, let's go back for the ultrasound." We walk back to the same room we left Aaron in.

Dr. Ford moves a hospital sheet revealing a hospital bed and machine beside it.

"Change into this and come and lay there," I take the clothes she handled me, I walk and pull the sheet a little to cover myself before changing into the hospital gown that is open to my belly.

"If you are done, lay down on the bed."

"I'm done." She pulls the sheet away pulls her chair to the ultrasound machine and switches it on.
Aaron comes to stand beside me, he takes hold of my hand.

"It's alright, baby girl." He whispers in my ear and when he pulls back he first kisses my cheek.
He pulls back and gazes into my eyes making sure I heard him.
I nod before turning my attention to the doctor.

"Are you ready?" She asks and I nod my head, she sprays some gel on my belly. I'm surprised at how cold it is on my skin, she holds the tail of the ultra machine and runs it on the lower of my belly digging deeper into some places before shifting to another.

She does it for a moment, before turning the screen of to face me smiling at me.

"This is here, is your baby, do you see it?" It's a little tricky at first but as I focus more, I catch movements on the screen and something flashes in my gaze.

"Oh my God, was that our baby?" She nods.

"Yes, your baby seems to be seven weeks. You are still in the first trimester." She clicks on something and then in seconds a heartbeat sound resounds in the room.

"My gosh, is that our baby's heartbeat?"

"Yes."

"Oh my God, Aaron we created that." I cover my lips as I hear carefully.

"It is a healthy heartbeat, and from what I see here you and the baby seem to be in perfect shape." I'm still driven by my baby's heartbeat.

"So, that's a good thing right?" I'm pulled back by Aaron's hard squeeze on my hand and question.
The doctor nods at him. "Of course," she turns to me. "Are there any unusual symptoms you might have been experiencing?" I shake my head.

She stops the sound of the heartbeating making me miss it already.
"No, Truthfully I haven't been getting any symptoms at all. Is that normal?"

"Of course, some women even make it out of the first trimester and even show without knowing they are pregnant. Not having symptoms it's perfectly normal. Would you like a sonogram picture?" She smiles turning to click some more on the machine and then turning to me and providing me with whippers.

"Any more questions?"
Aaron takes over that part while ever since they gave me the sonogram picture of my baby, all I can do is appreciate it.

Aaron takes over the results of the exams the doctor took on my body, which is good because I'm perfectly healthy and in a good place and so does my baby.

We are given another appointment to come back in five weeks when I will be entering the second trimester.

We walk back to the rental car of Aaron. "I still can't believe I'm pregnant with a healthy baby inside of me." Aaron glances at me and only mutters two simple words.

"I know." I glance at him when I realize he is in his thoughts.

"So, are we going back to the Inn?" He shakes his head at me.

"No, there is somewhere we have to stop by first but since it's still early, let's go have an early lunch." I smile.

"Well, I'm always down, when it is about food." He grins, our eyes meet and we all lean in and meet in the middle for a kiss before pulling back.
I smile at him pulling back, except he holds me in place and kisses my forehead without saying a thing.

"Let's go then,"
He takes me to a restaurant for lunch where we get to enjoy a good meal for lunch.

"Where are we again?" I ask, we came out of lunch and he drove around a few miles away to this good neighborhood, with beautiful and expensive houses which kept confusing.

"I will get your door." I pull the seat belt off of me with I frown.
Aaron rounds the car and walks to my side to open the door for me.
"Come and you will see." I let him help me out with a frown on my face.
He kisses my knuckles before keeping my hand in his as he leads me to a beautiful two-story house he just parked in front of.

The house is pretty, I wonder who lives here, definitely, I don't know them because I know no one in Jamaica.

Speaking of knowing no one, I make a mentor note to call my sister today.
I saw something that I wanted to talk to her about.

"Good afternoon Mr. Hernandez, I'm glad you could make it, call me Tessa." The woman who welcomes us on the porch introduces while giving Aaron her hand, he let go of mine to shake her hand.

She turns to me and passes me a ridiculed smile. "Hello." I shake her hand. I hate how she is being too oblivious to how displeasing she is of me. We just met, what is her problem?

She turns to Aaron and grins.
"When we talked on the phone, I was not sure you were going to make it but as I said, I'm glad you did. Come in, take a look at this house, it's one of the special ones that I have for you." My frown deepens at Ms. Ridicule's words.

I don't get the chance to ask Aaron because he reaches for my hand again. "Thank you for fitting me into your schedule with such short notice. I'm serious about this, I want a house that I can move in as soon as possible." Ms. Ridicule grins before touching his other arm, batting her eyelashes at him in the process.

"And that is why I'm here, as fast as a bolt of lightning you will be with a house with me as your real estate broker. You don't have to worry." I look at where her hand rests on Aaron's shoulder before looking away with a scoff. I don't like the sight of another woman touching him one bit at all.

You don't have to worry.

I look back at them and clear my throat. Aaron's gaze falls on me.
I arch my brow. "Can we talk?" He nods.

"Let's get inside." I nod but I stop when we walk in with Ms. ridicule behind us.

"Alone." She snorts at me when I say that to her.

"I will show you around and then leave you two to talk, I hope you won't mind." With that, she bypasses me and walks ahead of us.
Duh, I mind, bitch. I hate the nerve of this girl already.

"This house has seven bedrooms and nine bathrooms, there are four rooms and four bathrooms on the second floor. Three rooms, four bathrooms on the first one with a gym room that is attached with a bathroom. On the first floor, there is a living room, a kitchen." I grunt my teeth in annoyance as she keeps on elaborating on the infrastructure of this house.

When I can't take it, I interrupt her mid-sentence. "Aaron," He turns to look at me. I tilt my head to the side.
"Let's talk." I don't give him a second, I pull him to come with me.

"I will let you two take a look around, I will be at the front when you need me." I roll my eyes but I don't stop for either of us to reply to her.
I walk us back inside to the kitchen.

I let go of Aaron's hand and turn to face him. "What is this?" I question.
He throws his hands in his dress pant's pockets. I hate how it makes him look hot but I snap out of it and focus back on his face.

"House searching." Is that all he is going to say? I arch my brows for more information because I feel like I need them.

"Last night when you said you were bothered with staying in the Inn with just me and you, I realized I should do something." I raise my hands in the air to stop him.

"I'm not bothered Aaron, I'm scared there is a difference and I will manage with you by my side. However, you don't just realize something one moment and then the other go house searching, what are you searching a house for?" He lowers his head when I ask that.

I take a step forward closer to him when he looks back in my eyes and answers. "For us."

"What?"

~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think?
A house for them? Just like that?
Share your thoughts here.

So, how have you been doing?

Me, I have been having such a really, really bad days. I can not help it.
I feel like I need a crush-bearing hug and someone to whisper in my ear that it's going to be okay.

I hope you are doing great,
See you in the next chapter,
Take care of yourselves tigers,
💓

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

4.3K 73 44
My life has alway been surrounded by people that love each other but never around people who truly love me. Growing up the youngest boy of a family o...
6.8K 119 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...
110K 14.2K 104
Everyone has that one life changing moment, That moment defines you. It shapes who you are as a person, and pushes you down the path that leads to th...
38.3M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...