With You, For You

By BlueRose_023

𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒓. 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒗𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒓. 𝑾𝒆 �... More

Before You Read
||1||
||2||
||3||
||4||
||5||
||6||
||7||
||8||
||9||
||10||
||11||^
||12||^^
||13||^
||14||
||15||
||16||
||17||
||18||^^
||19||
||20||
||21||
||22||^^
||23||
||24||
||25||^^
Cast
𝑺𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒓
||26||
||27||
||28||
||29||
||30||
||31||
||32||
||33||
||34||
||35||
||36||
||37||
||38||
||39||
||40||
||41||
||42||
||43||
||44||
||45||
||46||
||47||
||48||
||49||
||50||
||51||
||52||
||53||
||54||
||55||
||56||
||57||
||58||
I'M ALIVEEE: an author's note
||59||
||60||
||61||
||62||
||63||
||64||
||65||
||67||

||66||

7 2 0
By BlueRose_023

☆Kenneth

"I have a family lunch to get to, I'll call you back okay?" I rolled my eyes at dad's mimicry. "That was my daughter-in-law right?"

He was on this daughter-in-law thing that I did not understand. Vivian and I had just met. She wasn't even yet my girlfriend and he expected us to be married? It was funny coming from a man who had rejected all marriage proposals for me. "It was Vivian, dad. Your goddaughter." He scoffed.

"Your mom's waiting for us, your grandma is waiting too. Let's go eat. Be careful though. Study your utensils carefully and do keep an eye on your mother. Your relatives like playing games." I nodded as he spoke while we walked down the stairs. Mom was at the bottom waiting for us. She wore a sapphire blue chiffon gown with short strapless. Her makeup did well to add some colour to her face. She looked healthier than she actually was. "Hey beautiful."

I could not get used to the sudden display of affection by dad had begun to show. Kissing her in front of me? The first time I saw that was the morning after they landed. I looked away to give them space to finish. At least mom's face was actually red and it wasn't because of blush. "Hey baby." I kissed her head.

"Hey, mom. You look very pretty."

"I know." I laughed and followed as dad took her hand and led her to the dining area. MY aunt was already there and she was wearing mom's dress, but green. Twins. Never understood them. They took about five minutes to compliment dresses and wonder how they thought of wearing the same thing. I was watching my mom laugh like a child and twirl in her dress. Uncle Aaron was watching his wife with a twinkle in his eyes and a proud look. A look I used to envy...but it seemed like things were better between my parents. Mom was making all these poses and dad was the one taking her pictures. I also took a few snapshots from the back. I changed my screen saver immediately.

"Lunch is ready, sirs and madams. The family is already seated—"

"Nobody cares. We're coming," Uncle snapped at the maid. He signalled his son whom I had decided to pay no heed to. The brooding bastard trudged after his father, airpods in his ears. "Fucking walk smartly. And don't embarrass me more that you already have, bastard." I loved the authority my uncle had in his voice. Ebenezer straightened up, and even adjusted his untucked shirt.

I followed my parents, pulled out a seat for mom and waited for her to settle down before I had mine. The seat at the head was occupied by an older version of my mother. Yes, they looked alike but grandmother looked more like my aunt than my mother. Two seats on the opposite sides of the woman were unoccupied and I knew who they were for. But I didn't move until she called us. The rest of the fourteen-seater was occupied by my grandmother's family and Ebenezer's sister whom I realised had not noticed us but was engrossed in conversation with the man beside her.

I sat beside one of the younger guys, my grandmother's grandchild If I remembered correctly. He glanced at me with pure hate. Maybe to him we were rivals, fighting for the old witch's affection, but I didn't really care about her. What was mine would always be mine. And I hoped I didn't waste two days of my life here for nothing. I had places to be. "My princes. Come sit beside grandma." There were only two people she called her princes. Me, and the other one. That was our cue to move to the two empty seats beside her. I took the one at her right hand, as I had always done. It irked Ebenezer but who gave a fuck what he felt? Hmm?

Dinner was served in three courses. The appetizers were the only things I could swallow. How my parents managed to eat the soup was something I didn't understand. Maybe the African in me hadn't yet awoken. I nobody said a word till it was time for desserts. "How is your education, boys? School's good, right?"

"It's okay."

"Same here," I replied after Ebenezer.

"How about your friends? It's been long since we last met. Talk to grandma."

"Well, my friends are doing well..."

"Granny, I think you should ask your other grandchildren. They might start feeling left out." Ebenezer being ever 'considerate.' She bought his idea and asked the guy I was sitting beside. I saw his parents smile at him.

"Grandma I'm fine, my friends are okay." I could feel a brag coming. "Well, I recently befriended the president's granddaughters. Kiki, the one whose mom has the jewellery line and whose dad is a senator recently turned sixteen. Her party was held in Victoria Hotels and even blah blah blah..." I was tired of hearing him croak. "I got her a limited edition pink diamond set that was designed by JL." Oh, so he was the one who bought Jeiel's most recent design? Couldn't help but nod.

"Madam, the senator is considering bring our children closer through a marriage." the boy's father said.

"Oh...? Not bad. He's done right? Good." She didn't want to hear anymore from him. She faced Ebenezer. "Your birthday party..Sorry grandma didn't wish you earlier. You just turned eighteen, right?"

"Yes, granny."

"My boy is a grown up now." That grin was the fakest thing ever. How did he manage? I'd rather not smile. "How about you Kenneth?"

"My birthday is next year grandmother. January. I'll be nineteen."

"I think you boys are ready then." Grandmother dropped her utensils and almost everyone simultaneously dropped their forks. Well Ebenezer still had his and Dera was still enjoying her sundae without a care in the world. She didn't want to be here. Our parents? I shook my head. They were the only ones at the table as far as they were concerned.

"My first husband left quite a legacy, wealth that he left unwilled to any of his children, our children." Ebenezer's face was a reflection of mine. Pure disgust . "When he died, a few years ago, there was no one to manage his assets as I also had zero knowledge of his line of work. But after some deliberation and consideration, I decided to give Caesar what was his. As the only male descendants of my late husband, his assets, all of them will be shared equally among his grandsons. It's in their hands and whatever they wish to do with it, is their business."

"But madam, your children, their sustenance." Useless. Could these adults listen to themselves.

"People as big as you are should have made something out of themselves, and not to waste money on pink diamonds." I smirked.

"What about the mines? The gold..the-the-"

"It belongs to these fine young men. When I die, the house will go to my granddaughter. I'm returning everything I took from Dikeh back to his offspring. Blame your father for being useless." Aish. That hurt a lot of egos. They could also blame her for not knowing how to raise children.

"Mom,are you doing this because you feel guilty for leaving my father? Or what?"

"Emerald, I do not regret leaving your father. I am only doing what is right." my aunt nodded slowly, and I could feel her sadness.

"Do you regret leaving me with him then?"

"He raised you to be a fine woman, unlike the slut I let your sister become. Thank God he took her back." Fuck this bitch! He took her back to make her a whore.

"Excuse me, but you do not, speak about my wife that way. She is my wife. And I know you are heartless, woman, but I don't think you deserve the children you were blessed with. If you have any idea what they went through because you abandoned them, you won't say this shit." Well dad was certainly close to snapping. Everyone here was lucky she had not.

"Grandmother, I am grateful that you gave me what rightfully belongs to me. But respectfully speaking, do not call my mom names. I beg of you. I'm your good grandson, but I would do anything for her. So would my father." I guess.

"Are we done here? Or can we all go back to eating quietly? I'm fine boys. Calm down." Mom picked up her wine glass and I noticed eyes that turned almost too eagerly at her. A bad sign.

"Mom, have some water instead." My dad seemed to understand and made her drop the wine on the table. There was something inside that glass, and with my mom's condition...

I didn't want to think of the worst.

~

"You've been so quiet, Ebenezer. What happened? You miss your best friend? Vivian?"

"I'm fine. I just don't have strength to talk." He didn't want to talk and I was not going to push him.

"If you say so... Dera's happy, with that man. Is that her boyfriend?" he shrugged. "I'm happy for her."

"Same."

"How's your whore?" I asked about the girl whom he asked me to help.

"Tiana is not a whore. And she's good."

"When are you guys leaving."

"The witch's not dying anytime soon, so, maybe tomorrow evening."

"Not bad. Do you think she deserves forgiveness?" His head turned sharply to me. "From our moms?"

"After all she's done? And still feeling unrepentant? No thank you. Let her burn in hell."

"I think your mom should forgive her for her peace of mind. My mom doesn't care anymore."

"Easy for you to say. Because your mom wasn't the one who had to dance in a strip club cause her dad was overcome by greed. Your mom wasn't the one who had blood on her hands every time she killed someone for her father. She wasn't the one who subjected herself to torture in order to save her younger twin."

"Look, grandfather did them dirty. But guess who your mom met in the same strip club? Your amazing dad. She's happy, led a happy marriage. My mother also killed. She's done bad things. But she chose to forgive because all that hate isn't good for the heart. That bitch will always remain one, so let Aunt forget about her."

"You sound different, Kenneth. What have you been eating? Fruits of the spirit?" He chuckled at his humour, a very dry soulless laugh. Ebenezer was dead inside. "The mean and annoying you was quite good. Please don't kill it, cause when I'm in the mood, I'd like to attempt killing you again." I smiled. I didn't have a problem with that.

Omo, Ebenezer, my poor baby. I miss him though. Family history😫💔.

A chapter to go...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 1K 35
Ten different lives. Two boys. One night that'll bring them all together. Sixteen year old Nosa is okay with being a loner. He doesn't have social a...
15K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...
24.3K 8.4K 57
"𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐩𝐮𝐳𝐳𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬; 𝐰...
2.6K 389 45
𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒔. 𝑰𝒕 𝒍𝒖𝒓𝒌𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆...