Until We Meet

由 nari_elle

New Title upcoming: Journey To Redemption Under the throne in the pulgilistic world, Jianghu, Li You Rong, a... 更多

🎗Cast
1| 🎗Chances
2| 🎗Ditch
3|🎗️ Restitute
🎗️4| Setbacks
🎗️5| Request
🎗️6| Slash
7| 🎗️Start off
8| 🎗️Turmoil
9|🎗️ Recoil
10| 🎗️Concise
11|🎗️ Buckles
12| 🎗️Troubles
13|🎗️ Yearn
14| 🎗️Setbacks
15|🎗️ Battling
16|🎗️ Look in
17|🎗️ Upthrust
18|🎗️ Journey
19|🎗️ Selection
20|🎗️ Defects
21|🎗️Exchange
22| 🎗️Pawn
23|🎗️ Bargains
24|🎗️ Conclusions
25|🎗️Reconsiderations
26|🎗️Hesitations
27|🎗️ Start ups
28| 🎗Regression
29|🎗 Resurface
30|🎗 Retrospect
31|🎗 Suspect
32|🎗Dense
33|🎗Mission
34|🎗 Scrutiny
35| Patrols
36|Recollections
37| Reimbursements
38| Patching
39| Scouting
40| Challenging
41| Recess
42| Bumper
43| Remuneration
44| Perpetrators
45| Tattoo
46| Anticipation
47| Attachments
48| Discoveries
49| Depths
50| Intersection
52| Request
52| Treasure
53| Running
54| Divergent
55| Live
56| Trigger
57| Geometry
58| Remote
59| Reluctance
61| Exposed
62| Retracted
63| Spy

60| Plot

4 1 0
由 nari_elle

🥀

The tremor that ripped through the cave floor was unmistakable. Xiao Fan, startled by Xiao Zhan's sudden shift in stance, instinctively reached for the tablet as Su Ruo's eyes darted around in a rising panic.

"Is this an earthquake? Are we going to be buried alive?" Su Ruo's voice trembled, echoing in the confined space. Neither Xiao Fan nor Xiao Zhan offered a response – they themselves didn't have the answer.

The once-solid stone walls groaned in protest, and heavy rocks began to loosen their grip, tumbling down with a series of bone-jarring thuds. Xiao Fan lunged for the tablet, his fingers working feverishly to right it.

The tremors intensified, the cavern groaning under the strain. Rocks rained down from the ceiling, shattering on the damp floor. With a cry of warning, Xiao Zhan yanked Su Ruo back from a particularly large boulder. They both landed hard on the dusty ground, coughing as the air swirled with debris.

"We need to get out of here!" Xiao Zhan roared, scrambling to his feet and charging towards the sealed entrance. He slammed his fist against the heavy oak door, the futility of his actions echoing in the deafening roar of the collapsing cave.

Su Ruo, her arm wrapped protectively around her nose and mouth to filter the dust, watched in terror. Xiao Fan, meanwhile, scoured the tablets, his mind racing for a solution to deactivate the hidden triggers within the cave.

Suddenly, he stopped, a flicker of understanding crossing his features. He took a deep breath, his voice barely audible over the chaos. "Why did you bring Junior Su here with me?"

A faint smirk played on Zhao Yun's lips as he unfolded his arms. "We're a team, Xiao Fan. Perhaps this ordeal will mend the rift between you two."

Xiao Fan scoffed, a cough wracking his body. "That's not the entire truth, is it?" He narrowed his eyes. "Isn't she the key? The one you think can…"

Before he could finish his question, Zhao Yun turned and walked away, leaving the sentence hanging in the dust-filled air.

"The one who can what?" Su Ruo gasped, bewildered by Xiao Fan's cryptic words. The urgency of the situation, however, wouldn't allow for further explanation. Xiao Fan cast her a hurried glance before turning back to the tablets.

The tremor that ripped through the cave floor sent a jolt through Su Ruo. She cried out, clutching her head as a searing pain erupted behind her eyes. A flash of vibrant constellations exploded in her vision, momentarily blinding her.

"Su Ruo!" Xiao Fan exclaimed, rushing to her side. He knelt beside her, his brow furrowed with concern. "Are you alright? What happened?"

Su Ruo squeezed her eyes shut, trying to quell the throbbing pain. Disjointed images flickered through her mind – a vast building, flowing water, an old man, a young boy... then stars, a multitude of stars, their light burning bright against a velvet canvas.

"Do you know Zhao Yun?" Xiao Fan's voice cut through the haze of her confusion.

The question triggered another memory – the old man's voice, soft and filled with wisdom. "Each star has a name and its destiny," he had said, his gnarled finger tracing constellations etched on the building walls.

Suddenly, a connection sparked in Su Ruo's mind. The constellations! Could they be the key?

"Xiao Fan," she gasped, forcing her eyes open. Her voice was weak, but filled with urgency. "The constellations... the stars... they might be the answer."

Xiao Fan's eyes widened. "The constellations? What do you mean?"

Su Ruo described her fragmented memories, the connection she felt between the stars and the cave. "There was an old man... he taught me about the stars, their names, their purpose..." Her voice trailed off, the pain threatening to overwhelm her again.

"Focus, Su Ruo," Xiao Fan urged gently. "Can you remember anything specific? Any constellations that stood out?"

Su Ruo closed her eyes once more, concentrating on the memory of the stars. A single image rose to the forefront – a constellation that resembled a coiled serpent, its stars burning with an intense blue light.

"The Azure Serpent!" she exclaimed, her voice filled with newfound hope. "There was a constellation... it looked like a snake, a blue one!"

Xiao Fan's brow furrowed in thought. "The Azure Serpent... I've seen that one in the ancient texts! It represents calmness, tranquility... but also the power to quell tremors."

A flicker of excitement lit up Su Ruo's eyes. "Do you think...?"

"It's worth a try," Xiao Fan said decisively. "Can you describe the constellation in detail? Every star, its position?"

Su Ruo nodded, drawing on the fading memory. Together, they pieced together the constellation's form, Xiao Fan frantically searching the tablets for any mention of the Azure Serpent or its properties.

The door slammed shut with a deafening boom, the reverberation intensifying the already suffocating tension in the room. As the last rays of the setting sun dipped below the horizon, the once vibrant sky bled into an inky blackness.

"You won't talk?!" Xu Jing roared, his grip tightening on the Xu Feng's collar before flinging him away in disgust. Bewildered and disoriented, he slumped into a chair, his silence a stark contrast to the storm brewing within Gui Li.

Xu Feng paced the room, the unanswered questions gnawing at him. He stopped abruptly, his gaze falling on a dusty jar of wine in the corner. With a sigh, he grabbed it and poured himself a generous mugful. Raising the mug to his lips, he drained it in one swift gulp, the harsh liquor burning a temporary path of oblivion through his frustration.

Across the table, Gui Li watched him, her impatience simmering just beneath the surface. Finally, she spoke, her voice laced with thinly veiled threat. "You have a lead, don't you?"

Xu Feng remained silent, his eyes fixed on some unseen point in the distance. He reached for another mug, the clinking of glass a stark counterpoint to the pounding of his heart.

"I agreed to your bargain," she finally rasped, her voice rough with unspoken emotions, "but that doesn't mean I'm willing to gamble with my life. Did you betray us? Did you tip them off about our investigation?"

Xu Feng continued his stoic silence, his unyielding demeanor only fueling Gui Li's anger. Her fists clenched, knuckles turning white as bone. "Looks like you won't cooperate," she spat, her voice dangerously low. "Fine. I'll find the truth myself."

"How?" Xu Feng challenged, a flicker of curiosity sparking in his eyes despite his anger.

Gui Li met his gaze, a wry smile playing on her lips. "The dragon tattoo. It's a remarkably intricate design, not something easily replicated. It must belong to someone with a specific skillset, someone from one of the hidden sects perhaps."

Xu Feng's eyes widened in surprise. How could she know about the sects? A question he barely had time to ponder before another one arose, even more pressing. "The sects? How do you…"

Gui Li cut him off, a sigh escaping her lips. "Let's just say my family has a few…unorthodox specialties," she admitted, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "And that emblem etched between the dragon's wings? That particular design…well, let's just say it's a familiar one."

He furrowed his brow, further perplexed by her answer. Tightening his lips, he turned to face her directly. "Which family?"

Gui Li's eyes flickered away, her tongue darting out to nervously moisten her lips. "Family..." she echoed softly, the weight of the word heavy in the air. Were they even still alive? The question gnawed at her, a festering wound she couldn't ignore. She had to find out, protect them from Wei at all costs, even if it meant using him as a pawn in this deadly game.

"We're entering the palace tonight," she declared abruptly, her voice regaining its steely resolve.

Xu Feng, still reeling from the earlier attack and the cryptic message delivered on the arrowhead, felt a fresh wave of confusion wash over him. The assassin's precision left no doubt – it was Zhao Yun's doing. The man had an uncanny ability to track his movements, despite his meticulous planning and execution. But why? Was this twisted message a challenge, a dare to enter the very heart of Wei?

A slow smile crept across Xu Feng's face. This game of cat and mouse was turning increasingly fascinating. "The palace, tonight," he repeated, a hint of amusement coloring his voice. "But what about our silent friend here?"

Gui Li sighed, a weary sound that spoke volumes. Stepping forward, she gazed out the window, her silhouette stark against the fading light. "It seems he'll be... indisposed for the evening."

A slow nod escaped Xu Feng's lips. "And I presume you already have a plan in place?" she inquired, a hint of amusement flickering in her eyes. How many more enigmas would this night bring? Sophisticated players, all of them, each with their own hidden agendas.

Leaning closer, she met his gaze directly, his voice dropping to a low murmur. "Listen," she began, her tone serious, "we may be on the same side tonight, but don't mistake this for an alliance. Once this is over, we'll settle our score."

A strangled cry escaped Jing Yi's lips as Elder Die flung a massive nest at Jing Ke, pinning him even more tightly to the ground. Blood welled around the metal shackles that bound his wrists, a gruesome testament to his desperate struggles. A metallic tang filled the air as another needle, launched by Elder Ming, pierced Jing Ke's chest, drawing a pained groan from his lips before he slumped unconscious.

Zhao Yun, his face etched with a mixture of anger and desperation, reacted instinctively, yanking Jing Yi back from further witnessing the torture. My own eyes widened at the raw emotion playing on her face, a stark contrast to the composed demeanor she usually maintained. This volatile response mirrored my own growing suspicion – Zhen Lan, too, seemed taken aback by the intensity of her reaction.

His gaze darted nervously between Jing Yi and the merciless sect leaders. "Jing Yi," he murmured, his voice taut with concern. He released her and slowly retreated back as Elder Yu approached him with a stern expression.

With a respectful bow, I moved closer, Feng Liu casting a wary eye in our direction. He intercepted me before I could take another step, his grip firm on my arm.

"Don't intervene," he hissed, his voice low. "Another step, and you'll unleash a bloodbath within the sect walls."

My lips tightened, my gaze drawn to Zhao Yun's conflicted form. "Shifu," I addressed him hesitantly, my voice barely above a whisper.

He whirled around, his initial anger giving way to a flicker of surprise when he saw me. Zhao Yun, however, remained fixated on the unconscious Jing Ke, his fists clenched so tightly his knuckles turned white.

"We're taking her with us!" a booming voice declared. It was Elder Yu, his tone leaving no room for argument.

Without a beat, Zhao Yun's voice rang out, firm and unwavering. "No. She stays."

The audacity of his defiance hung heavy in the air. Elder Yu, momentarily speechless, stared at his own disciple in disbelief. A vein throbbed in his temple, and it was clear he was struggling to maintain his composure.

"Lu Zhao Yun!" he roared, his voice echoing in the tense silence.

"I have this under control, Shifu," Zhao Yun countered, his voice resolute despite the tremor that ran through his body.

"Do you even comprehend the gravity of the situation? That's Blood Venom coursing through her!" Elder Yu bellowed, his frustration reaching its peak.

Meeting his Shifu's gaze with unwavering determination, Zhao Yun slowly unclenched his fists. His voice, though low, held an intensity that left no room for doubt. "For the first time in my life, I'm requesting this, Shifu."

Elder Yu puffed out his chest, clearly on the verge of exploding. He flung his sleeves back in a show of anger, before turning on his heel and storming off, leaving behind a trail of frustrated silence.

Zhen Lan rushed over to Jing Yi, his brow furrowed in concern. "Are you alright?" he inquired, his voice gentle, but his question went unanswered. Jing Yi remained frozen, her eyes vacant, her breaths shallow and rapid.

Zhao Yun returned to where we stood, his expression grim. A tense silence stretched between us, broken only by the ragged gasps escaping Jing Yi's lips. Finally, unable to bear the weight of the situation any longer, she turned and began walking away.

"Jing Yi!" Zhen Lan called out, but she didn't respond, her figure disappearing into the throng of stunned onlookers.

I watched her go, a knot of unease twisting in my gut. Feng Liu's gaze flickered between us, his presence a constant reminder of the limitations placed upon me.

Zhao Yun, his throat tight with emotion, mumbled a quick excuse and started to follow her. Just as he was about to disappear into the crowd, Feng Liu intervened, effectively blocking his path.

Following Zhao Yun's gaze, I watched in silence as he caught up to Jing Yi. "Jing Yi!" he called out, his voice laced with urgency. She stopped, a lone tear tracing a path down her cheek as she turned to face him.

"Do you want to jeopardize your identity?" He spoke in a hushed tone, his eyes scanning their surroundings. "Everyone noticed your peculiar behavior today."

Her lips trembled, a raw pain echoing in her voice. "Peculiar?" she choked out. "That was my father! He's alive! Did you see him in that state? He doesn't even recognize me!"

Zhao Yun's entire demeanor shifted. His jaw clenched, and his hand instinctively tightened around the hilt of his sword. 

The air crackled with tension as Jing Yi pressed the tip of her sword against Zhao Yun's neck. Tears welled up in her eyes, a fierce conflict raging within her. "What's wrong with you?" she cried. "He's your master! We have to save him!"

But Zhao Yun remained unfazed. He didn't flinch, nor did he attempt to disarm her. Instead, his voice was calm, almost resolute. "No. You're not doing anything."

Her anger flared. "No? Then what are you planning?" she demanded, pushing the blade a hair's breadth closer.

"Trust me," he said, his eyes closed in a display of unwavering conviction. "This is the only way."

Jing Yi gritted her teeth, torn between blind rage and a sliver of doubt creeping into her heart. Did she truly believe she could strike him down? "You think I won't kill you?" she challenged, her voice cracking with emotion.

He didn't answer. Instead, he reached out a hand, his fingers brushing the sharp edge of the blade. With a gasp, Jing Yi watched as he squeezed his grip, the metal biting into his flesh, drawing a bead of blood.

The sight was enough to disarm her resolve. She yanked the sword back, her touch trembling as she examined the small wound on his neck. "Why would you do that?!" she cried.

Zhao Yun met her gaze, his lips curving into a faint smile. "Focus on Liang and Zhen Lan," he said softly. "That's all that matters."

Jing Yi forced a shaky nod, her initial anger replaced by a chilling realization. "Wei will be here soon," she stated flatly, her voice devoid of emotion.

"I know," he replied, his expression hardening.

"The flutist? What information did you get?" she pressed, a flicker of suspicion returning to her eyes.

He turned away, his back to her. "Assassins," he replied simply.

The word hung heavy in the air. Assassins? Did this mean he had a network of informants, even assassins, at his disposal?

"So you orchestrated the multiple attempts on Li Yourong's life?" she questioned, piecing together the fragments of information.

He remained silent, but the set of his jaw confirmed her suspicions.

A wave of nausea washed over her as she connected the dots. "And the assassin with Blood Venom?"

"Not him," he finally spoke. "The others were puppets, poisoned with Blood Venom. It was better to eliminate them before they could harm anyone else."

"But why?" she breathed, confusion clouding her judgment.

"Before the Bloom Sessions," he began, his voice low, "your Shifu and I received a tip. Princess Li Yourong was to be turned into a Blood Venom puppet."

He paused, taking a deep breath before continuing. "That's why I left the mountains. Originally, my orders were to eliminate her. But such a course of action wouldn't benefit anyone. Duke Wei would gain control of a leaderless kingdom."

Jing Yi stumbled back, overwhelmed by the revelation. He was supposed to kill her?  "You've changed," she whispered, her voice barely audible.

Zhao Yun turned back to face her, his eyes burning with a fierce determination. "Was taking her as your disciple part of your plan?" she countered.

   Comment 🌸 Vote 🌸 Share

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

40.5K 4K 88
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
1.3M 90.6K 23
#Book-2 in Lost Royalty series (But can be read standalone ) Ekaksh Singh Ranawat The callous heartless , sole heir of Ranawat empire, which is spr...
98.6K 3.8K 41
(This is not machine translated!) (Starts from chapter 241.) A guy in his late twenties one day wakes up in someone else's body and realises he's gon...
168K 8.3K 49
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...