Bugs, Boys and Boxes (Amphibi...

By VoltzyVoltz

The Calamity Box is an ancient relic from amphibia, capable of helping the user travel through worlds. Howeve... More

Through the portal
Beach bug or bed bug
Cane't hold us by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
Nestfriends
Pizza tower
Y/N's gone mad
Bad bugs, whatcha want, whatcha want, whatcha gonna do?
Sussus Froggus
Snail Tales
Is this a good F-Anne-fic?
Boss Sprig
The Human Way
Love Frogs
Anne-xtreme Camping
Nurse Y/N
Visiting The Family
Saving Stumpy's Super Sick Saloon
The Travelling Bug Circus
The IRS will never get my taxes
Y/N's Theme Song Takeover
Grubhog Day- 1993 starring Y/N Murray
Drop it like it's Hop, drop it like it's Pop
War-twood
Hop-Trump vs Joe Toadstool
Authors Note
Polly and Y/N
The Bazaar Bizarre ... or was it the other way around?
Mordecanne, Sprigby and Y/Nson
A Huge Thank You
Forgiveness is a dish best served sung
Pheromonial Outbursts
Toad Tower Trouble
Start of Season 2 Authors Note
New Season, New Start
Team Y/N-Pop: Where the fun will never start
The Sorta-Sibling Special!
ART MOTHERFUCKERSSSSSSSS
EAT THE RICH
The Stranger From the Portal and A Failed Mission
M-M-M-M-Marcy Woooooooooooo
The Newtopia Scavenger Hunt

Ba-dee-ya, say, do you remember? Ba-dee-ya, partyin' in Wartwood-ember

285 12 6
By VoltzyVoltz

Everyone in the town was gathered in the Wartwood square as today was one of the most important days in Wartwood history.

Anne: Man, what is with this crowd? Are fruit flies on sale or something?

Hop Pop: No. Today's the day they announce the Frog of the Year award.

Anne: Frog of the what?

Sprig: Frog of the hoppin' Year, Anne. Every year, the town gets together and votes on the frog they think best embodies the values of Wartwood.

Y/N: It's one of my favourite events that happen in this town. I used to watch them every year.

Polly: We all voted last week. Don't you remember?

Anne: Huh. Not at all. Wonder why.

[Cut to a flashback of Anne sitting on the couch wearing earphones and listening to pop rock music. Hop Pop, Sprig, and Polly approach Anne from behind as music plays.]

Last Week

While Y/N, Hop Pop, Sprig and Polly were leaving the house, Anne was lying on the couch listening to music with her earphones in and singing along.

Hop Pop: Anne, we're gonna go vote for Frog of the Year now. Wanna come?

Anne: ♪ No, you'll never make me go! ♪

Hop Pop: Okay, then.

As they leave, Anne continues singing.

Anne: Break it down!

Current day

Mayor Toadstool: All right, folks. It's time! As you all know, the Frog of the Year goes to the most selfless, noble, blah, blah, blah... Let's get on with it.

He opens an envelope and pulls out a folded piece of paper and began reading the name on the inside.

Mayor Toadstool: And this year's Frog of the Year award goes to... Well, this can't be right. Anne Boonchuy?!

Everyone in the audience cheered as Anne looked around them shocked while Hop Pop pushed her to the stage.

Hop Pop: Go on, Anne. Get up there! A Plantar, Frog of the Year. I'm so proud.

Anne: Wow! Thanks, everyone. I don't know what to say.

Y:N: Wooo! Thats my sister sorta!

Mayor Toadstool: I do. Are you people out of your frog-dang minds?! She don't deserve to host a party!

Anne: Party? What party?

Toadie: Oh, it's one of our oldest traditions. The Frog of the Year has to put on an incredible party for the whole town.

Mayor Toadstool: Yeah. And that party is supposed to demonstrate the Frog of the Year's "selflessness". Anne isn't selfless. Far from it.

Anne: You don't know me. I'll prove I deserve this by putting on a party so big, it'll blow all your minds!

The crowd murmured at the idea of having their head blown up.

Frog: I don't want my mind blown.

Anne: That's... a good thing!

Frog: Oh, okay.

The crowd cheered loudly again while Mayor Toadstool looker spiteful.

Mayor Toadstool: I'm looking forward to seeing this thing go down in flames.

Back at the Plantar home, the family was gathered around a table while Anne lay out the plan for her giant party.

Anne: Boom! Here are my plans for throwing the best party ever and proving that mayor wrong. Stupid mayor with his stupid dumb face.

Hop Pop: Anne, don't worry about what the mayor said. Just have fun planning your party.

Sprig: You're Frog of the Year.

Anne: Right, right, right, right. Okay, guys, listen up. A great party has three ingredients: entertainment, exclusivity, and spectacle. Hop Pop, you're in charge of entertainment. I dub thee Master of Ceremonies.

Hop Pop: I've been waiting for this day my whole life.

Anne: Polly, exclusivity. It's your job to decide who gets into the party and who doesn't.

Polly: I can't wait to abuse this power!

Anne: Y/N. Use that extensive fashion sense to get me the best outfit and style ever.

Y/N flicked his air and put a pencil behind his ear.

Y/N: You'll be dressed to impress.

Sprig: And what about me?

Anne: Sprig, you have the most important job of all: the spectacle.

Sprig: Oh, my frog, oh, my frog, oh, my frog!

Anne: At the party...you're gonna tell Ivy how you feel about her!

Sprig: Wha-- Huh?

Anne: Yup. A legendary party needs a legendary spectacle. Can you imagine how excited party-goers will be to see true love blossom before their eyes?

Sprig: I'm not really sure I'm ready for this.

Anne: Sprig, please! I need your help to make this party amazing.

Sprig: Ughhh, okay.

Anne: Whoo-hoo! Come on, everyone. Let's bring the thunder.

Whilst Anne worked with the others, Y/N was in the attic with his blackboard charting out different dress ideas for Anne. He groaned as he wiped away another failed design.

Y/N: This is horrible. No dress ideas work. What could I do ...

He began looking in the cardboard boxes around his nest for any inspiration that could help him.

Y/N: Old books ... fishing hat ... Hop Pop's old suit. Nothing!

He sighed while holding the suit up and inspecting it. As he held it out infront of him, he saw the diagram of Anne on his blackboard behind it, making it seem like Anne was wearing the suit.

Y/N: What if it was never a dress. Maybe ...

Y/N began erasing all of his dress ideas and drawing up new clothes until he found the perfect outfit. He rushed out the house to get Anne. He found her in the town square yelling at everyone working on the party.

Sprig: Uh, Anne, do you think maybe you're taking this a little too seriously?

Anne: NO! Now, hop to it, everyone. We've only got 12 hours left.

She looked back and noticed Y/N and seemed to calm down a bit.

Anne: Y/N! Please tell me you have some good news.

Y/N: I have great news! Come with me.

He took her back to the house and up into the attic.

Y/N: I present to you my new fashion trend. I call it "Ladies In Suits".

He showed her his blackboard and his chosen design for her.

Anne: This is why you're my sorta brother.

Y/N: I thought I was your sorta brother because we're related by adoption.

Anne: Keep telling yourself that.

After the suit was tailored and all of Anne's decorations were finished, it was time for Anne's party. Loud music played while flashing lights and a disco ball blasted with a chocolate fountain in the centre of it all.

Anne: Welcome, my friends, to the best Frog of the Year party ever!

Frog DJ: Yo, I'm a frog deejay.

Y/N: Damn right you are!

Everyone went around looking at the attractions that Anne had set up. Some had been drawn so a food bar where Stumpy was serving a giant mudskipper.

Mayor Toadstool: All right, Stumpy, what do we got here?

Stumpy: This is Sashimi. He's a mudskipper.

Mayor Toadstool: Ooh. And is it, uh, fresh?

Stumpy: Well, ya can't get fresher.

The line of frogs scream as the mudskipper flails on the ground and screeches angrily. Meanwhile, Hop Pop was on stage trying to please a crowd with his comedy.

Hop Pop: All right, folks. It's time for some improv. You, sir, where are you from?

Frog: I'm from the same town as you, buddy.

Hop Pop: Oh! Great.

The frogs on the dance floor were all baffled by the loud techno music that they were supposed to dance to.

Frog: I don't know how to dance to this.

Frog: What?

Anne: Like this, you guys! Like this!

She attempted the show them how to dance yo techno but they walked off in a hurry while Hop Pop came running back to Anne.

Hop Pop: Have someone else do your comedy, Anne! I can't go back out there!

Anne: Hop Pop! Ugh! Y/N!

Y/N appeared next to her eagerly awaiting his next task.

Y/N: Yo.

Anne: Get out there and serve these tick appetisers.

She handed him a dish filled with small ticks that crawled around hurriedly across the plate.

Ticks: Help! Save us!

Y/N: Of course, Anne.

He backed away from her and to the side of the party at the woods where he released the ticks back into the wild.

Ticks: Our lord has saved us! Praise to Y/N!

Meanwhile, the mudskipped began flailing around uncontrollably as it smashed into decorations and people.

Frog: This thing's gonna kill us.

Frog: I know. It's loaded with mercury.

Anne: This party stinks. Some selfless Frog of the Year I turned out to be.

Then, the mudskipper flung itself into one of the lights, causing it to crash down and spark over the fabrics on the banners, setting them on fire.

Loggle: At least the party's "lit" now, Anne.

Anne: I'm fixing this right now.

She leapt off the destroyed party decorations and onto the back of the mudskipper, placing a rope in it's mouth and steering it around the wreckage. Meanwhile, Y/N was helping get as many living insects to safety.

Y/N: This way, little ones!

The roof of the stall behind him cracked as the fire spread onto it. He looked back just as it was about to fall.

Y/N: Oh (squeak) oh (squeak) oh (squeak) oh (squeak).

Just as it dismembered itself from the rest of the roof, it began falling while Y/N held his hands over his face. However, before it could hit him it was held back by a small mass of black insects.

Ticks: We will save you our lord!

The ticks threw the blazing wood away as all the insects ran back into the woods and Anne scooped Y/N onto the back of the mudskipper.

Y/N: Hey sorta sister! So, whats the plan?

Anne: The plan is that we need more help. Come here, you.

She scoops Mayor Toadstool off the ground and placed him on the mudskipper.

Y/N: Really? Of all (squeak)ing people you got him?

Mayor Toadstool: I knew it. Didn't I say it'd be a disaster?

Anne: Mayor Toadstool,  we need your help to save the town.

Mayor Toadstool: Me? Work with you? Ha!

Suddenly, a flaming piece of wood was shot at him which he narrowly ducked under.

Mayor Toadstool: Okay, well, just this once.

Anne: Great. I'll steer, you two grab.

Mayor Toadstool: Don't tell me what to do.

Anne began steering the mudskipper through the burning wreckage while Mayor Toadstool and Y/N grabbed people who were trapped in the fire.

Y/N: I got ya.

Mayor Toadstool: Vote for me.

Anne: We've gotta put this fire out. You ever use a chocolate fountain before?

Mayor Toadstool: What, are you kidding me?

She bounced to the fountain and the mayor grabbed the chocolate hose and aimed it at the fire.

Anne: Now!

Mayor Toadstool: Let 'er rip.

He sprayed the chocolate sauce at the fire and extinguished it in a chocolatey coating. 

Anne: Whoo! We did it.

Mayor Toadstool: Yeah. We did.

Anne looked down a little disappointed and sighed while the other frogs gathered around.

Anne: You were right about me, Mayor. I am selfish. I got so obsessed with proving I deserve this, I ruined everything. I'm no Frog of the Year. Why did anyone even vote for me?

Hop Pop: Anne, we didn't vote for you because you're flawless. Far from it. We voted for you because of how far you've come. You've grown so much in your time here, and this town just wouldn't be the same without you.

Y/N: You're the best frog/human/sorta sister there is around here.

Crowd: Hear, hear.

Mayor Toadstool: Gosh dang it, I tried to fight it, but I have to say, even I'm a little impressed with how you just saved the town from a raging inferno. Here. This belongs to you.

He placed a sash with "Frog of the Year" written over it around her neck and smiled.

Anne: Thanks, Mayor.

Mayor Toadstool: Yeah, yeah. Don't mention it. Now come on, everyone. Let's try to salvage this party, shall we?

The party continues in a classical way, back when parties didnt require rushing or overplanning anything. Just regular dancing with regular music and regular food. Nearing the end of the party, Anne, Y/N and Sprig were all sitting around a table drinking some juice.

Anne: Sorry I tried to rush you into confessing your love to Ivy. You do that when you're good and ready.

Sprig: Thanks, Anne. When the moment strikes, I'll know it.

Y/N: Atta boy, Sprig. Spoken like a true gentleman.

Just then, Ivy came shyly walking up to Sprig, fidgeting with her hat in her hands.

Ivy: Hey, Sprig. There's something I've, uh, been meaning... to ask you. I, uh... Do you, um... Do you think you'd wanna go out with me sometime?

The three gasp while Ivy blushed in embarrassment and pulled her hat over her face.

Ivy: Never mind. I'm stupid. This is stupid. This is stupid.

Sprig: Ivy, wait! I'd love to. Wanna dance?

Ivy: Heck yeah!

They giggled together and Sprig took her hand and brought her to the dance floor while Anne and Y/N awed them.

Y/N: Young love. Thats pretty straight, not gonna lie.

Anne: You said it dude.

While they were watching Sprig and Ivy, Toadie came up to them and cleared his throat.

Toadie: Ahem! Miss Frog of the Year? There's someone waiting at the bridge for you. They say they're a friend.

Anne: ...A friend? Give me a minute Y/N.

He finger gunned her as she walked away and to the bridge. He saw her approach a shadowy figure who stepped out of the shadows and hugged her tightly.

Y/N: That's the girl from the picture Anne showed me. Maybe I should go down and introduce myself.

As Y/N stood up, he saw the girl look up at him and glare in his direction. He looked around a bit and saw nobody around him, before promptly sitting back down a bit shakes, terrified from the girl's gaze.

Y/N: Oh (squeak), this is not good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
85.7K 4.8K 34
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
1M 33.6K 60
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
118K 5.9K 55
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...