ALWAYS || Katsuki Bakugo

By Azzo00

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。 ⊱ 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚋 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝙸... More

0- Pain
1- Complicated
1.5- Information
2- Do It Again
3-Lost
4- Fool
5- Ignore
5.5- 2 AM
6- Rabid Pomeranian
7- Existence
8- Cupid
9- Detention Buddy
10- Awake
11- Each Other
12- Thrilling
13- Mystery
14- Hell
15- Annoyingly Pissy Voice
16- Exhilarating
17- Supportive Friend
18- Fucking Weirdo
19- I Will Not Be Afraid
20- Memory
21- Lasting Friendship
22- Bestie Duties
23- Drown
24- Rubies
25- Seventeen
25.5
26- Victory
27- We Won
28- Relate
29- Scared
30- Confident
31- Above And Beyond
32- Weapon
33- Damn Solar Panel
34- Trust
35- This Girl
36- Warm and Fuzzy
37- Lean On Me
38- Feelings
39- One-sided
40- Given Names
41- Beside Him
42- Baked With Love
43- As Long As You Want
44- Worth It
45- Ruin Our Friendship
46- Cuddly
47- My Princess
48- Hopelessly In Love
49- Disappointment
50- I'll Wait
51- Breaking Hearts
52- Here For You
53- Beef
54- Fucked Up
55- Forgive
56- Whisper
57- Glad We Met
58- Luckiest Guy
59- Pretty Little Brat
60- Lovesick Idiot
62- His Yoshiko
63- Catching Up
64- Fight
65-Rest Day
66- Always
66.5- Yoshiko's Bucket List
67- High
68- Blood Oath
69- Encounter
70- Alive
71- Good Night, Akimitsu Yoshiko

61- A Perfect Date Ruined

662 41 5
By Azzo00

Bakugo rolled off the bed, landing on his ass on the floor. He let out a 'tch' and turned the alarm off, stumbling into the bathroom, still half asleep. He stared at the sink for a solid minute before washing his face and brushing his teeth. He changed into a tracksuit and went downstairs to get a bottle of water from the kitchen.

Just as he opened the fridge, he got pounced on by none other than Bear. Bakugo sat up with a wide grin, ruffling Bear's fur as his tail wagged wildly. "Missed me, big boy?"

Bear barked in response, panting and jumping around Bakugo. If Bear was here, it meant so was Yoshiko. He jumped up and marched into the living room to look for her. He found her sleeping on the floor, mouth ajar, head on her luggage, storing energy from the light falling in the living room through the window. His lips tugged up on the sides, watching her as she slept. He took cautious steps towards her and knelt down.

This reminded him of the first time he laid his eyes on her. He absolutely loathed her the right moment she opened her eyes. He still remembered how Bear almost split his neck into two. He put his head on the luggage, admiring her as she slept. How different things were now.

"Oi, wake up. You'll strain your neck." He said, moving some hair out of her face. When he got no response, he lightly tapped her cheek. She stirred, opening a lazy eye.

"Hi," she smiled sleepily.

"Hey," he smirked. She sat up and shifted closer to him. Her head fell on his chest like it always belonged there. She could hear his heartbeat rising.

"I missed you, pomie." She mumbled, closing her eyes again.

Bakugo smiled to himself, letting his back rest against the couch so he was more comfortable. He wrapped his arms around her, resting his cheek on her head, "Missed ya too, Solar Panel."

He sat there with the safe sounds of her breathing, his hand running through her hair. Bear whined at the two, and Bakugo rolled his eyes, opening an arm for him to nuzzle into them. Bear let out a happy bark and pounced on Yoshiko, making her groan.

"Bear," she whined. "You're a big boy. Stop jumping on me."

"Oi, don't scold him," Bakugo said, patting Bear's head.

Yoshiko looked up at Bakugo, her heart warming at the happy twinkle in Bakugo's eyes. She shifted in her place, planting a sweet kiss on his jaw. He looked down at her and brushed his nose with hers, pushing a brief kiss onto her lips before bringing her head to his chest again. He was supposed to be going for a morning run but couldn't bring himself to move from this position.

He listened to the safe sound of her breathing, hand running through her hair slowly. He dozed off feeling warm and comfy with Bear and Yoshiko nuzzling into him. He opened his eyes again when he heard footsteps and looked up to see Shinsou looking down at them with his hands in his pockets.

Yoshiko looked up at him, making no move to leave, instead giving him a firm stare. He smirked down at the girl, "Morning cuddle sesh with your boyfriend?"

Yoshiko didn't reply, instead examining his lavender eyes from the floor. His eye bags were extra pronounced. He looked tired. Without another word, Shinsou went into the kitchen, and Yoshiko looked up at Bakugo, "Did something happen?"

"His ice cube of a girlfriend threw a tantrum at him for not giving her enough attention when he was busy trainin'," Bakugo explained. "She's such a pain in the ass whenever she comes over."

"You know... sometimes I feel bad for encouraging him to confess his feelings. But he was so happy with his crush I thought he'd be even happier later." She sighed.

"Yeah, you're a dumb ass. Nothing new." Bakugo flicked her head, earning a smack on his chest.

She got up, yawning and stretching her back, "Mmmh, I think I'm going to head to school early. I don't think I'm ready to be hoarded with everyone's questions yet."

"Stay at home, idiot. You probably arrived a few hours ago."

"I arrived at one," She replied, kneeling down again to open her luggage.

"Then why were you sleeping on your luggage?" Bakugo frowned.

"I didn't feel like going upstairs with it," she replied, taking out two beige scarves and handing one to him with a grin, her freckles moving upward with the gesture. "I asked my grandmother to knit us matching scarves."

Bakugo took it from her, running a hand on the fuzzy wool. It was perfect for autumn. He looked at her again to see her sporting a curious glint in her eye as she searched for a reaction.

"It's nice. Tell her I said thanks or whatever."

"No. She'll think you're a 'gentleman'."

"Hah? The fuck is that supposed to mean? I'm plenty gentlemanly!"

"No, the fuck you're not."

"C'mere, you brat." He got up to grab her, but she dashed away before he could even take a step forward.

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

"YOSHIKO!" Mina yelled, shaking the girl by her shoulders.

"You're going to give her shaken baby syndrome, stop." Jirou rolled her eyes, pulling Mina away.

"I mean, I totally knew you were dating Sparky, but why didn't you tell us?!" She whined, clinging on to her arm.

"Jeez, everyone was going to find out eventually, anyway." Yoshiko sighed, patting her pink hair.

"Did you guys kiss?" Mina batted her eyelashes.

"What do you think?" Yoshiko muttered under her breath, pushing her face away.

"Team Mindmight. You're next." Aizawa called, and the said boys went out of the room. The class was having rescue training with new robots made by the support team. They were made for the sole purpose of pretending to be an injured human. His eyes fell on Bakugo, entering twenty minutes late.

"Why did it take you so long?" Aizawa demanded.

"'Cause my goddamn gauntlet broke! I just got it fixed." Bakugo yelled. Aizawa sighed and looked at Yoshiko. He sweatdropped when he saw her mouth ajar as she ogled at Bakugo in his hero costume. He turned around so he was facing the television instead. He had a suspicion the two were a couple now, which was confirmed once Mina yelled it out.

If he was being honest, when he first paired the two together, he didn't expect they would ever get along. Oh, how wrong he was. They ended up eventually being friends and a couple. He tried not to smile as he watched Shinsou and Midoriya carry out their rescue.

"What're ya lookin' at?" Bakugo frowned at Yoshiko. He watched a sly grin creep up her face-- one that spelt mischief. She hopped up to him, lowering her voice to a whisper so no one heard her, "I just added something new onto my bucket list."

"Cool," he replied, uncapping his water bottle and taking a sip out of it.

"It's called, 'Make out with Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight in his winter hero uniform.'"

Bakugo choked on the water, earning weird stares from the rest of his classmates. Yoshiko smugly patted his back until he stopped coughing. His head snapped towards her, "What the fuck?"

"What?" she grinned cheekily. She almost had to do a double-take when she saw him in his winter hero uniform. The skin-tight fabric clung onto his arms and torso perfectly, giving her a fine of few of his muscles. He had no right strutting around with that snatched waist so casually and then expect her not to react.

"Don't just say stuff like that and pretend it's nothin'!" Bakugo yelled, his ears crimson.

"What're you guys talking about?" Kaminari asked innocently, slinging an arm around Bakugo's and Yoshiko's shoulders.

"Oh, you know. The usual." She replied.

"Fuck off, dunce face. We're in the middle of a fucking important conversation."

"That's two fucks in one sentence!" Kaminari exclaimed.

"No, we're not. You can stay." Yoshiko said.

"Team Explosion murder." Aizawa called, "it's your turn."

Bakugo and Yoshiko went out of the room and towards ground Beta, the latter walking with her hands behind her head. Bakugo glanced at her, his ears still red from what she said earlier, "Oi."

"What?"

"We're goin' on a date after school."

Yoshiko looked up at him, smiling at the pink dusting his cheeks, "sounds great."

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

Yoshiko stood in front of the mirror after changing into a brown skirt and a white shirt, over which she threw a brown, long coat which she left unbuttoned. She hummed to herself and stood in front of the dressing table to do her makeup. She had no idea where he was taking her, but she felt content and happy. Because it was him.

Just before she could pick up the eyeliner, her phone rang. She looked down at the caller ID to see 'Keigo Fried Chicken.' She bit the inside of her cheek, deciding if she should attend or not. He didn't usually call and preferred to text her instead. Must be important, she told herself.

"Hi, Kei." She greeted, attending the call and uncapping the eyeliner.

"Hey, Yosh. What're you up to?"

"Nothing much. Everything alright? You don't usually call." She said as she did a simple wing in the corner of her eye.

"I'm fine, don't worry. I just wanted to tell you something." Yoshiko gritted her teeth, looking down at the phone. His tone was serious.

"Get on with it."

"I just remembered something and dashed to the police station to tell them about it. Before Daisuke died, he was working on the same case we're working on."

Yoshiko froze, her eyes widening, "What? Are you sure it's the same case? The one with quirkless and people with small quirks being killed?"

"Yes." He confirmed. There was a long pause, neither saying anything. Yoshiko's mind raced at a million miles per second as she thought of various things all at once.

"Keigo, I don't recall any incidents of quirkless people being killed in last year," Yoshiko said.

"No, Yoshiko. Try to remember. There were a few bodies found in a ditch around seven months before Daisuke died. They were all either quirkless or with what people call weak quirks."

"You weren't working on the case with him?"

"No. Daisuke tended to do things solo sometimes. We agreed on it when I opened the agency."

Yoshiko bit her lip as she wondered if Daisuke's death had something to do with the case they were working on. She recalled the news from a few months back. The person who killed Daisuke was found murdered in the very same forest. It was definitely linked to the case they were working on.

She sighed audibly, rubbing her temples, "I don't know what to say, Kei. There are a lot of possibilities running through my head right now."

"I know. Don't think about it too much."

A series of knocks sounded on the door, followed by Bakugo's voice, "Oi, are ya done yet? I'm getting tired of waiting!"

"Is that Bakugo?" Hawks asked.

"Yes," She replied. "Come in, Kats!"

"Kats? Really now?" Hawks snorted.

"Have a problem, chicken?"

Bakugo swung the door open, taking a moment to take in her outfit before grinning devilishly and coming inside, shutting the door behind him. He stood beside her, looking down at her phone displaying 'Keigo Fried Chicken'. His teeth bared in a scowl, "What does bird brain want?"

"Hello to you too, Bakugo Katsuki." Keigo sang.

"Fuck you." Bakugo scoffed.

"Yoshi, don't tell me you're going on a date with this chihuahaha." Hawks snickered.

"Do you realise how childish you're bein', Keigo?" Yoshiko deadpanned, "If you're trying to act like my overprotective brother, stop, 'cause I slapped Daisuke for it one time."

"So you're not denying you are going on a date with him?!"

"At least I am going on a date. What about you, sad old man?" Yoshiko grinned at Bakugo when he smirked with satisfaction. Keigo whined and mumbled something about how mean she was to him. Yoshiko chuckled and said her goodbyes, hanging up.

She put the phone down and stared at it for a few seconds. Bakugo put a hand on her shoulder, making her look at him, "Everything alright?"

"Yeah."

Bakugo narrowed his eyes at her, silently telling her he wasn't buying her shit. She sighed and briefly explained what Keigo told her over the call. He paced around, deep in thought, before finally sitting on the bed, "So Pyrotech's death may be related to this case Endeavor and Bird Brain are working on?"

"Yeah," She nodded.

"Fuck." He watched her fiddle with the concealer tube, peeling its sticker off, "We can stay at home if ya don't feel like going out."

"Look at you being a nice boyfriend." Silver eyes shifted up, locking with his in a teasing smirk.

"Do you have to take every damn opportunity to annoy me?" Bakugo grumbled. She giggled and turned around, applying a touch of brown gloss to her lips.

"No, I was looking forward to this date," she said. She pressed her lips together, evenly spreading the gloss. She turned around, giving him a smile, "I'm ready."

Bakugo got up and grabbed her by the waist, leaning down to kiss her. She blocked his kiss with a hand, making him furrow his eyebrows. "I just did my makeup."

"Do I look like I fuckin' care? I'm gettin' that kiss."

"You're not." She said, pushing his face away. "Now, take me on that date already."

"Impatient brat." He muttered, quickly grabbing his new scarf that matched hers. He followed her downstairs, where they were greeted by Kaminari and Sero howling and clapping for them. Yoshiko rolled her eyes at the pair and stepped outside, immediately welcomed by a slap of chilly autumn air. She buried her nose behind the scarf, thanking her grandmother in her head once again.

"So where are we going?" Yoshiko asked.

"Bowling." He replied. He realised he didn't take into consideration what her ideal date was. With panic-washed eyes, he glanced down at her. Did she prefer fancy dates instead? Or maybe something more light compared to an activity date, given they had hero training in the day.

"Hello? Earth to Katsuki?" She waved her hand in front of his face when he didn't respond and stared at her blankly.

"Huh- er... Do you want to go elsewhere?" He asked, his cheeks reddening. He really should've put more thought into his first date with her.

"That's why you zoned out?" She asked, surprised. "Bowling is fine with me. I really like it, actually. Unless you want to go somewhere else?"

"No. I just asked 'cause I wasn't sure what you wanted to do." He grumbled, averting his gaze. He shot her a glare when she laughed at him, smacking his arm in the process.

She took his hand in hers, brushing her thumb over his knuckles, "You don't have to worry so much, Kat. I'm not that difficult to please. We can go wherever you wish. I'll still be happy."

He huffed, giving her hand a squeeze, his heart dancing in his chest. "Let's go," he said.

"Yeah."

As they walked towards the station, hand in hand, he wondered if he'd get used to the feeling of a zoo dancing in his stomach when he was with her. Would his heart always race like it did when she held his hand? Would he always blush when she boldly flirted with him? He glanced down to his side to see Yoshiko's eyes set ahead, her nose pink from the chilly air. His heart told him he would always feel the same when he was with her. He was never going to get used to it. The butterflies were only going to make him fall in love deeper than he already was.

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

"Have you bowled before?" Bakugo raised an eyebrow.

"Duh," Yoshiko replied. She peeked over his shoulder as he entered their names on the small screen.

"You did not just name me Queen Explosion murder," she deadpanned.

"Wanna be Princess Explosion Murder or what?" He asked as he entered his name, obviously King Explosion Murder.

"At this point, I might as well make that my hero name." She pinched the bridge of her nose.

He turned around with a smirk, "Please fucking do."

"Not a chance in hell."

Bakugo went first, picking up a ball and aiming it for the marks on the lane. "Hah!" he yelled when he hit a strike.

"Stop breathing down my neck!" Yoshiko yelled at her turn, "I'll throw you at the pins along with the ball."

He let out a 'tch' and stepped back, giving her more space to swing her arm. She threw the ball, knocking down three pins on her first try. She pouted and pushed him away, picking up the ball again.

"'Ain't no way you're hittin' a spare." He snickered.

"Yes, I fucking am." She gritted her teeth, rolling the ball again, only to miss.

"You sure you know how to bowl?" Bakugo crossed his arms.

"Fine," she groaned, looking up at him with pink ears. "I'm not good at bowling."

"Yeah, no shit. I can see that." He picked up a ball and handed it to her, "Yer not holdin' it right. Also, aim for the marks on the lane, not the pins."

Yoshiko took the ball from him, adjusting her fingers in the holes. He stood beside her, hand on her lower back as he instructed her, "Now move forward and aim the ball."

Yoshiko rolled the ball, hilariously missing all the pins. She glanced at him sheepishly. Usually, when it came to activities like these, it was a full-on competition between them. What started as something competitive turned into a 'how to bowl' session.

Not that Yoshiko minded when it made her feel giddy whenever he stood behind her or put a hand on her back as she rolled the ball. She found it cute how concentrated he was as he explained the scoring system and gave her tips on throwing the ball. For once, she was okay with not being good at something because it was he who was teaching her.

After bowling together for some time, Yoshiko and Bakugo decided they'd have enough of it. "Ah, that was fun," Yoshiko said, "Want to walk around before we get home?"

"Sure," Bakugo replied, covering his nose with the scarf.

"Thanks for taking me on a date, by the way." Yoshiko grinned, locking her arm with his.

"It's whatever." He replied, letting her lead the way.

They didn't go anywhere specific, just walking around the city, basking under the neon lights and glowing billboards. They entered a park as Yoshiko told him about all that she did in Kyoto, "and this reporter had the nerve to film Mom while she was on holiday. Even after we said we didn't want to be recorded, he continued his stupid street interview."

"Tell me you broke his nose."

"I wish," she sulked. "If I did, the headlines would be screaming at how my mom is bad at parenting."

"Who cares what the media thinks," he snorted.

"It's easy to say, but when you're in the spotlight, you have to be careful with what you do on camera," she said, "Do you remember that scandal from five years back? Everyone falsely accused Mom of being a homewrecker and dating this model, who, mind you, is already married. All because mom was filmed smiling at him as they talked at an event."

"Shit. These fuckers better not annoy me when I'm a pro," he said.

He stopped to rub his hands together, "So fuckin' cold."

Yoshiko glanced at him, his ears and nose pink from the cold. She took his hands in hers, slightly activating her quirk and rubbing her hands on top of his. Bakugo stared at her as she concentrated on warming his hands, eyes set on her lips. He couldn't help it when his fingers curled around her hand, pulling her closer to him. He lowered his head, shoving his lips onto hers.

He pulled back, his breath still hitting her lips, to see her eyes flutter shut. She went on tiptoes, hands on his shoulders and went in for another kiss. He felt the temperature on his shoulder increase and realised she was still unconsciously using her quirk.

"Yer gonna burn my jacket," he smirked against her lips.

She quickly pulled away, bringing her hands to her chest, a wild blush on her cheeks. She looked at the smoke rising from his shoulders. Luckily, the fabric did not burn. Bakugo let out a content chuckle at her reaction, putting an arm across her shoulders, "Let's get something warm to drink."

"Yeah."

Bakugo spent some time searching for a café on google maps and then took her hand, leading them to a café. It was packed inside, so the two decided to get takeaway cups and sit somewhere outside. She waited for him outside the café as he got their drinks, rocking back and forth on her heels, still giddy from the kiss. She smirked to herself when she noticed her brown-coloured gloss on the corner of his lips as he gave his order to the barista.

He leaned on the counter, waiting for the drinks to arrive. He got hot cocoa for both of them and a doughnut for her. He caught her eye as she stood behind the glass panes. She pointed to the corner of her lips and then at him. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and wiped his mouth on the back of his hand to see a smudge of her brown gloss. His eye twitched when she gave him a cheeky grin.

He took their drinks and the doughnut, walking towards the door. He noted the happy glimmer in her eyes when she saw the wrapped doughnut in his hand. He stopped in his tracks when he saw two men approaching her, covered head to toe with only their eyes seen. One of them held a white cloth in his hand, taking quick steps towards her.

Bakugo dropped the items, the cups crashing on the floor and the drinks spilling everywhere. He dashed outside faster than he thought he was capable of, wrapping his arms around her and moving her to the side as the man crept closer to her, hand lifting with the cloth.

"What happened-" She began, stopping when she saw the two men. One of them threw a cloth down, pulling out a long dagger from the inside of his coat. The taller one rushed behind them, pulling Bakugo away by the jacket with such force it ripped from the back.

Yoshiko threw an explosion at the man approaching her with the dagger, quickly glancing back to see Bakugo fighting the other one. She looked in front of her again to see the man aiming the pommel of his blade at her head. She ducked and aimed an explosion at him, surprised by the speed at which he was able to dodge. Both men weren't using their quirks, yet they were easily able to avoid their explosions.

People were running away from the scene, not wanting to be involved, while the ones in the café watched with horror and concern. "What do you two want?!" Yoshiko barked, barely dodging his knife again. She noticed he wasn't aiming with the blade but with the back as if he didn't want to harm her.

Bakugo and Yoshiko stood back to back, panting with sparks dancing in their hands. The man previously fighting Bakugo, dashed towards Yoshiko.

Everything played out in slow motion for Yoshiko then.

Just as she locked eyes with him, a piercing headache hit her head. Her hands shot up to her head, and her body doubled over, tears pooling in her eyes. Her head felt like it was getting crushed between two bricks. She heard the man in front of her groan in pain and looked up with blurry vision to see him staggering back, also holding his head. The other man fighting Bakugo rushed to his comrade and put a hand on his shoulder. He pulled a capsule out of his pocket and slipped it under his mask into his mouth. The two disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

"Yoshiko!" Bakugo exclaimed when he saw her crouching on the ground with her head in her hand, shivering uncontrollably. He kneeled beside her to see tears flowing down her cheeks. He took her hands, "Oi, look at me! What happened?"

"Katsuki, my head- it hurts so fucking bad," She buried her head in her knees, her jaw clenched tight. She felt like her head would split open.

Bakugo watched her helplessly, his hands on her shoulders. His eyes widened when she started glowing orange and gold all over. "Yoshiko, your quirk. Are you the one doing it?"

She shook her head frantically, looking down at her arms to see the light she had stored was leaving her body. Her headache was going to kill her, "Katsuki... my head."

"Shit-" He pulled her to his chest, pulling out his phone from the pocket, ignoring the people who were now standing. "Try controlling your quirk, Yoshiko. You're going to drain all your energy."

"I'm trying," she croacked out in pain. She dug her forehead into his chest, her hands trembling violently. She slowly tried absorbing the light back into her body, and her headache somewhat seemed to fade away.

Her body went flaccid in his arms when the headache was gone, her chest heaving up and down as she steadied her breathing. His hand moved up and down her arm comfortingly.

"What happened?" He asked, cradling her face in his hand.

"I- I don't know," she replied, her voice small, "I just met his eyes and then-" Yoshiko stopped, closing her mouth. His eyes were the same shade as hers. She shook her head and looked up at Bakugo again, "I don't know. All I did was look into his eyes."

"Must've been the fuckers quirk," he growled, wiping her eyes with his thumbs. She let out a shaky exhale and put her head against his chest again, closing her eyes. She felt tired.

What started out as the perfect date was now ruined. 

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

Me sitting with the wikihow article on how to bowl as I write this

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 122 23
Katsuki Bakugou is a hot headed teen who wants nothing more than to be the best hero possible. When he meets y/n, he has a feeling he's never felt b...
139K 6.9K 75
𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐀 U.A. High is the birthplace of legendary pro-heroes and a bountiful source of memories. Memories are meant to be cherished! Memories are...
118K 2.8K 46
katsuki bakugo has been desperately in love with his best friend y/n Aizawa since the young age of four but is too terrified to tell her in fear of r...
343K 7.4K 55
You attend U.A. high school and start to make some friends, you thought everyone was nice until you met this one boy. He was hot tempered with a low...