a match made for you | an app...

By yourinvisiblestring

lyla heart and her best friends are the ultimate match makers of the school, and everyone knows it. but with... More

introduction + apply
the cast
playlist
prolouge
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen

chapter eight

16 3 41
By yourinvisiblestring

lyla pov!

Today was the first volleyball game, and I was both super excited and super nervous. I was starting this year. My friends were all coming, and I think Charles might be, to watch Kate.

We were stretching and warming up, Kate was yelling out the stretches. She really could be nice sometimes, and she was a good teammate when she wanted to be.

We were getting ready back in the locker room and people were starting to arrive. A surprising amount of people from our school came to our games.

The school started to announce the teams and we came out ready to play. I was one of the starters so we all got into position. I looked up into the stands first finding my three best friends in the entire world.

It meant a lot that Tiffany, Nessa, and Lessy were here and I really needed to find time to hangout with the three of them soon, I scanned the crowd again attempting to find Charlie.

That's when I spotted Charles sitting in the front of the bleachers smiling and clapping. The whistle was blown and we started game play. Most of the game went back and forth. In no teams favor.

But we won at the very end! Everyone was cheering and clapping Kate, was estatic, she even gave me a hug! A HUG?!?

That's when Charles ran over also giving me a hug smiling, maybe it was all for show but it didn't matter. He kissed me in a way I had never been kissed before. He made me feel special. And it that moment that's all that mattered.

After our little moment and a bunch more cheering and my friends bringing me a flower, me and the rest of the team headed out for dinner, I loved my team, they all seemed closer than they were with me but that's just because I had other friends.

"So! Ly, I wanna here all about you and Charlie!" Ally yelled smiling at me. Of course Emma and Kate both immediately turned my direction.

"Oh well, he's super sweet, and we went skating which was really fun. It's really nice being close with him again" I smiled, everything I said was true. I didn't even have to lie.

"You guys are my otp. I swear, if you two break up love is dead." Emma said, as she walked up to the counter to grab our milkshakes. The girls on the team were sweet, even Kate was smiling at me.

"He does seem sweet" Kate chimed in, before turning to another one of our teammates. A part of me was happy the plan had worked, Charles would smile. But a part of me was disappointed all of this would be over soon.

We all chatted and it was really nice. When we finally decided to leave it was nearly twelve am. Most people's parents picked them up, and Kate's car was already full.

So I was practically stranded. I called Les, who offered to walk to the diner, to walk with me home, which was super nice of her, but I didn't want her to have to walk here.

Inessa and Tiffany both are both unable to drive so those were both lost causes, my parent surely wouldn't come pick me up, whether they were home or not. The only other person I could think of was Charles but I felt bad calling him.

My stupid car seriously needs fixed. But my dad keeps forgetting, and my mom doesn't have time, and they won't fix it for me, I tried. I started to walk but it was freezing. That's when I clicked Charlies contact on my phone.

He answered almost immediately, though he sounded as if he had just been woken up "Hello? What's up? Are you okay?"

"Oh yeah, I'm fine. You can go back to bed."

"No, Ly why did you call?"

"Oh I just got done with the volleyball thing, and I'm stuck at the diner, well I started walking home. But you're sleeping so it's fine"

"No, go back in the diner, I'll come pick you up."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely positive. If you don't go back inside that diner, I'll murder you myself. Or just make you do extra math homework"

I rolled my eyes but we both laughed a little, and I hung up after I stepped back into the diner, I just sat at the counter and talked to the waiter for a little until Charles car pulled up.

I walked out of the diner, and sort of ran to the car, freezing in my volleyball jersey. And I opened the passenger side door sliding in, to which I was immediately hit with a hoodie.

"Put it on, you look freezing. I can't believe you were gonna walk home" I slid the hoodie on.

"Sorry, it's so late."

"It's fine, Ly. I really don't mind. I think you're parents are up though. All the lights were on."

"Really?" That was odd usually they were in bed by 8, or out of the house, they were never awake, and my siblings had to be in bed. I mean Mila usually was reading in her bed at this time, my little brother was always asleep.

"Yeah, just text me if you need anything" We pulled up to the houses, and he got out opening up my door. I was pretty worried, and I think he could tell.

"Hey, Ly. If you want me to come in I can."

"No no it's fine. I'll text you?"

"Okay." I went to take the hoodie off but he stopped me. "Keep it, I can get it another time." With that I walked into my house, I first heard fighting. My parents screaming. They never really fought. But they never really spoke.

I could hear Ethan, my little brother crying upstairs. And I could see Mila my younger sister standing behind a door in the other room watching.

"Uh hello?"

"Lyla! Where on earth were you?!?" My mom yelled, hurting my ears.

"Volleyball, and then the diner. I told dad." I looked over at dad who cursed to himself, he must've forgot. He did that sometimes, I'm not sure why.

"You're kidding!? She told you and you didn't think to let me know! And why didn't you tell me Lyla?!? This is not working. I need some air." She pushed him back a little bit before leaving the house.

I saw the car drive away, she grabbed a bag before she left. "Where did mom go?"

But my dad didn't awnser, he didn't say anything. He just stood there, until he sat on the couch not moving. That's when Mila irrupted in sobs and hugged me.

I didn't know if my mom would be back, she had done this before, but it never seemed this serious. She naturally travelled for work, and left on bad notes frequently. But Mila was crying, and she always did have a sixth sense.

Once Mila, had sort of calmed down and went to bed I checked in on Ethan who ended up falling to sleep shortly after the yelling ended.

There was no chance I could sleep, none at all. I had to leave, maybe I was like my mom. I hated being told that but leaving always seemed like the best option.

I walked over to Charlie's house. I didn't wanna wake his mom or his dad or his older brother up. It's not that I cared, I mean me and Charles were always eachothers family. When ours weren't great.

But I climbed up the tree, and knocked on his window, he wasn't asleep yet, he was just sitting in his bed reading Little Women? He saw me and opened the window. But once he did I couldn't keep the straight face, so I hugged him, and let it out.

"Oh Ly." And that's how we stayed the rest of the night. Sitting on his bed, me hugging him. Both of us crying, both of us talking. Maybe that sounds depressing or awful but it was really nice. And it made me feel a lot better. Cause even in this messed up world I at least had my best friend.

a/n: guys this might be my favorite chapter. please tell me if it was written well?? Cause i'm not sure. but on a side note this kind of set in stone that charlie and lyla are best friends again. ((also go apply to my royalty apply fic rn and check out the cast for is it over now?)) love you all and goodnight 💋💋 guys this is half way over?!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.9K 3.4K 20
Emily has everything she has ever wanted; popularity, a handsome, all-star athlete boyfriend and a top spot on the cheerleading squad. So why does it...
3K 69 43
Laney Gilbert and her friends are all looking for love. Even her little brother has a sweetheart. Heartbreaks, interesting conversations, high scho...
315 14 30
A normal yet very talented girl, starts her first year of high school. She was living a great life, until a deep secret reveals and changes her life...
1.9K 138 19
As Artemis goes to highschool, she bumped into someone and suddenly fell in love.