chapter nine

lyla's pov!

It was about a week after everything that had happened at my house. Me and Charlie had acted like nothing happened there was no reason to discuss it. We were friends again, good friends, but not as close as we had recently gotten. Everything with Kate has come full speed, she's like in love with him, he's just awaiting our "break up."

My family on the other hand was also acting like nothing had happened. Mila spent all of her time with her friends or with Thomas. Her and him had been with each other more than ever before. I was a little worried about how dependent she was getting to be, she's always been Mila against the world.

My dad was working all of the time, all hours of the day. I haven't really seen him, since the day my mom left and didn't come back. I don't really don't expect her to. My little brother was mostly at daycare, however long they're open for each day, then me or Mila picked him up.

Currently, I was sitting in the cafeteria with Les making posters, she was working on Charlie's. "Why are you still doing this, I mean it's obvious you guys are into each other"

"He's not, and the whole thing was to help him get with Kate, that's what I'm doing." There was some truth to that statement, I mean he's not into me, but the whole reason I started this was so we could become friends, which we have but once he's wrapped around Kate's finger I don't know how long that will last.

"Just tell him, Lyla. Nothing bad's gonna happen." She finished the poster but she also looked like she would burn it if I told her too. Les hated Kate on a different degree and she hated that I wasn't being honest with her or Charlie.

"I  could lose him again! That's something bad" She just shook her head on me walking around the table to help me with the banner.

I had almost finished Thomas's banner for Mila, it was absolutely perfect and she would love it. Honestly my favorite hoco proposal of the year probably goes to them. But I don't pick until after hoco. I was certainly not picking Charlie's and Kate's even if he put the most effort into it.

Eventually Nes, and Tif joined us at the table. Tif was just going on and on about Ale, while Nessa nodded along. They brought so much joy to our little group, Tiffany was blasting taylor swift, thankfully it was the middle of second period so we were the only ones in there.

Inessa and Tiffany were putting a whole karaoke show on and I couldn't help but laugh, I think Lessy even cracked a smile. We were all singing while finishing all the homecoming stuff up. We were only a week out from that special date and the asks were in full swing.

So I messaged Charles.