chapter five

Lylas POV!!

Me, Lessy, Tif, and Nessa were getting ready for some party Natalie, one of the other girls on the volleyball team was hosting , I was super excited, kate would definitely be there hence why me and Charlie were driving over together.

"Fine. Just abandon us in your own house, for your boyfriend!"

"He's not my boyfriend, and theres not space for all of us in your car anyways, with Thomas and Mila."

"They could have driven with Charlie." Lessy rolled her eyes at me but I saw, a small teaing smile playing on her lips.

"Well I think it's adorable" Nessa added smiling from ear to ear. Tiffany nodded her head excitedly. I heard the car horn honk and I walked outside, it was the middle of october, and I was wearing a skirt and a t-shirt, It was colder than I was expecting it to be.

"You look like you're freezing" Charles reached back into the back seat then threw a hoodie at me. I gave him a questioning look then sat it down next to me, I wasn't gonna wear a hoodie to a party.

"I swear if you don't put that hoodie on Ly, I will turn this car around." I reluctantly put it on, it was definitely his, and too big for me.

"If you turn around, you don't get to see Kate." I stared looking out the window.

"Well you put the hoodie on so I get to" Once we arrived his arm slipped around my shoulder and we walked into the house. I whispered a quick goodbye, and a kiss on the cheek and went to talk to Natalie, I loved the team, well the team minus Kate. She didn't like me at all, while I was busy talking to Natalie and Lessy who joined us my eyes drifted over to Charlie.

He was standing there laughing with Kate, dancing with Kate. The plan had worked, I usually felt overjoyed when I got a couple together, love was my favorite thing, so why was there a pit in my stomach, and all I wanted to do was run out of that part. Alessandra must have traced my eyes because she grabbed my hand, and dragged me to dance. Nessa and Ezra joined us smiling and laughing. I tried to muster a smile, even Lessy was smiling for me. I may have started having fun, if I didn't hear them, I could recognize his laugh in a room full of people, I could have recognized it anywhere.

I walked outside, only to see Tiffany and Alejandro stargazing, I was happy for my friends trust me, but I couldn't bare to see it. A different night, a better night, me and charles would be looking up at the stars in his car before he dropped me back home. But I refuse to leave with him. I dropped his hoodie somewhere along the way and started to walk home. Alessandra ran behind me with the hoodie.

"Come on Lyla! You have to come back. I know you're sad, I know. But come on, tonight you can come over to mine and we can watch as many disney movies as you want, and eat a whole tub of ice cream."
I cracked a smile, I didn't know why I was so upset, me and Charlie were friends right? I should be happy he was, and I was. It just made me feel weird. When we got back to the party Lessy and Jason got in a heated debate over Charlie? I just walked away and eventually I bumped right into Percy. For some reason, they're were no butterflies, nothing erased the pit in my stomach. But I cracked a small smile.

"Oh hey Lyla" He cracked a smile.

"Hey, perce, didn't think this was your scene?"

"Not my scene but this is my house, I was just trying to navigate my way out of it" I forgot him and Nat were siblings, I wish I was leaving but I didn't have a car, it was freezing outside and all my friends were having fun? I t didn't looky like Lessy was but then again, her and Jason were always arguing these days.

"Oh yeah, where to?"

"I might just go to the library or something, wait for the crowd to die down. Have fun, Ly. See you in Chem monday?"

"Of course." I gave him a smile, but he had called my Ly and that just made me think of Charlie more.

I found some corner to hide out in for the rest of the night, where I just scrolled through instagram, seeing all of my friends cute posts. They all had someone, even if it was someone they hated. My eyes drifted over to Jason and Lessy who were still fighting, but Jason was evidently laughing. And Lessy's cheeks may have been slightly pink. All I wanted to do was crawl up in my bed, and watch a romantic comedy, or read better than the movies for the sixtyth time. So that's what I did, I opened my digital copy and started reading from page one.

People had started to clear out and eventually the tall boy with the floppy brown hair was stood in front of me a smile on his face.

"Wow, Ly. I think I was more outgoing than you tonight" He joked while smiling from ear to ear, I didn't laugh, I didn't find it funny.

"Yeah yeah, lets just go" I mumbled, standing up, then climbing into his car. I chose staring out the window, instead of looking at him.

"Did something happen? Ly I'll kill whoever made you upset" He gave me a soft smile, little did he know it was him for some odd reason.

"It's nothing." I turned to look at him, "So you and Kate, do we still need to do this fake dating thing?"

"Well we just talked Lyla, and yes at least for another week or so. She mentioned you're volleyball game, I'm gonna come watch!" I just shook off what ever I was feeling and plastered a smile on my face.

"Sounds good, we can probably start planning your hoco proposal soon as well." I would probably put together something that had to do with volleyball, she always said how she wanted someone to ask her that way. That's why I was so good at match making I payed attention.

And for some reason I still couldn't make out how Kate and Charles would be a good pair. They would probably break up in less than a week, usually I told people if they're match wouldn't work out well, or if I thought it would be better for someone else. But I couldn't say that to Charlie, cause I didn't have a reason. Just a gut feeling, maybe that's what I was feeling  in the party.

Yep, that was definitely it.

a/n: so i wrote during english class today so yay!!! i love this chapter you better love it lol. if you don't then 🤨🤨 anywho i need to work on my actual book (lmk if anyone who writes wants me to share a google doc with them so they can give me feedback) GO APPLY TO MY OPEN APPLY FICS.. i think that's all.