chapter two

I was running extremely late, me and Charlie were supposed to meet at 7:00. It was already 7:15 and I hadn't left my house. My sister was throwing up sick, my dad was sleeping, my little brother was crying, and I had zero clue when my mom was. I finally got my brother to go on the bus and headed out my door at 7:30.

I sped down the road in the pouring rain to Al's and rushed in, my hair was soaked but I spotted Charlie in the back. The line was long so I ditched the coffee idea and sat across from him.

"I'm sorry. This morning was chaotic." It really was, I tried my hardest to be on time, he seemed slightly annoyed but he tried to crack a small smile and pushed a coffee cup over to me.

"Is this for me?"

"It's busy, and you were late, so I want to get as much planning time as possible" I nodded, and smiled at him. He was really sweet, he always had been. I took a sip of the coffee, and it was exactly what I ordered. Nobody ever ordered it right.

"You remembered my order?"

"Well, yeah. Now what ideas do you have?" Oh right Kate.

"Okay, well I wasn't sure but I think something to make her jealous would definitely help, and to draw attention."

"So I should make her jealous?"

"Yes, exactly. Dating someone would do that, or even just some flirting" Charlie wasn't really a flirt. I don't even know if he could do that to be honest which was funny because his friends totally were.

"So you want me to date a girl? just to mess with her?"

"No! It would be harmless and fake." I had already started making a list of possible girls but I hadn't got very far, I knew my friends wouldn't do it.

"You know, I don't exactly have a lot of.. girl friends."

"Yeah, I'm not sure who." I really wanted to help him, but I didn't know how.

"What about you? I mean that would work right?" He was suggesting that, and I could gain a friend back. My friends would persecute me for this though.

"Okay. I'll do it, but homecoming is in a month so only for a couple weeks. And you can't crawl in a hole we have to be out and about."

"Okay, well you can't get too busy!" I rolled my eyes this was absolutely ridiculous. Then I glanced up at the time.

"Charlie, we are going to be late." It was already nearing 8:00 and school started at 8, we would never make it in time. I grabbed my coffee and my keys. "I'll come up to you at lunch, or you can sit at mine." We both ran out to our cars mumbling quick byes.

My car would not start, but I seriously could not be late to school. I had a first period test. Charlie must have noticed my car not starting because he got out of his and knocked on the window. I opened the door.

"Ly, if you can't get your car to start you can ride with me, and we can come back and get it later." I contemplated whether I should or not but I really needed to get to school.

"Thank you so much." I ran over hopping in the passenger seat of his car, we arrived at school about fifteen minutes after it started. We both had AP Calc first, of course I had zero clue what was going on in that class.

When we walked in, at the same time late everyone's eyes were on us. No one really expected to see us together anymore. I rushed and sat next to Tiffany mumbling "I don't want to hear it." And I started on my test. All the numbers were blurring together, and I couldn't shake this odd feeling in my stomach over the whole fake dating thing.

I finished the test, right as class was ending, I think I did okay. Not super well though. I was good at math but not the best, not anywhere near the best. I currently had a C in this class, I seriously needed help.

My morning was long and boring until I arrived at lunch, sitting down at my usual table, where Lessi and Tif we're already sitting.

"So what's this I hear about you and Charlie?"

"What? We walked into class together. It's nothing." Of course, Charlie picked the worst time to walk over and wrap his hands around me. I certainly wasn't expecting that from him but I smiled nonetheless he was warm, and he smelled nice.

"Nothing huh?" Lessi gave me a look and laughed a little to herself, Tiffany's eyes just widened. Inessa and Ezra were working on a project in the library so there was extra space and Charlie joined us.

Leaning against him while eating my bag of chips, because the school lunch was actual garbage felt like elementary school all over again. It was just me and Charles. My Charles.

I was exhausted, from the school work, from other posters and planning, so exhausted I may have drifted off. Charlie was messing with my hair. And I felt happy, and safe.

Charlie shook me when it was time for class, I hadn't even realized that much time had passed, I noticed Kate watching us as I woke up so I planted a small kiss on his cheek, and continued down the hallway to my English class.

As soon as I walked in Nessa grabbed my hand and sat me down, "So the talk of the entire school, is you and Charlie Cox."

"I know, I know. I'll explain that later!"

We got to working, but once again I couldn't focus, I could never really focus. I always had something to think about. Instead of doing my work, I started to draw out a plan for someone homecoming poster I was planning to work on tonight.

After school, I was bombarded by my best friends all asking a million questions about what's going on.

"It's fake! For him to get with Kate, okay? So now for the love of my ears, will you please shut up? I need him to drive me back to Al's so I can get my lovely broken down car."

"You're car broke down?" Nessa asked as her and Ezra started to make there departure.

"Yup." Today was actually nice, in spite of my car breaking down, I had one of the best days I'd had in a long time.

a/n: I'm having so much fun writing this!! Did you notice Charlie called Lyla "Ly" and Lyla in her pov said Charles. My babies. I hope you all enjoyed!! also thank you so much for 90 followers.