chapter ten

alessandra pov!

Me, Lyla, Tif, and Nessa we're looking for homecoming dresses, though only half of us had dates. I didn't really plan on going with anyone, I didn't want to. Me and Lyla might go together, but I was still hoping Charlie and her worked things out.

Currently Tiffany and Nessa were putting on a mini fashion show in Macy's trying on almost every dress they had, eventually Tif picked out a light pink one, I was just excited to see Ale, in a pink tie. Cause that would be funny.

Nessa found a deep green color, that looked gorgeous on her. I had tried the same one on, but green isn't my favorite color. I was looking for a blue or black. We moved on to the next store, I wasn't really finding anything, and Lyla was being really particular.

"These all suck!" Lyla exasperated going to her knees in a black dress that was too big for her. I laughed a little.

"You'll find something Ly" Nessa reassured handing her a stack of dresses. Tiffany laughed a little. They were sitting on a bench watching us play fashion show now. That's when I saw it. A pretty dark blue dress with a pretty beading.

When I walked out in it, Tiffany's face lit up. "Get that one! It's perfect." I smiled, I really did love this dress. Now we were just waiting on Lyla.

I love Lyla but she was taking forever. She couldn't figure out what she wanted. "Someone call Charlie, he'll help." I joked.

"No! No! I can pick" She yelled from the dressing room. The truth was she couldn't pick, and Tiffany ended up calling Ale who was with the other boys.

"Soooo who wants to help Lyla pick a dress?" She asked them, while laughing. Ale passed the phone to Charlie. Lyla walked out in a light yellow dress with beading on the sleeves. It looked really pretty.

"Please get that dress, Ly I'm begging you" I heard Charlie say from the phone and laughed.

"Okay! Okay! I will" Lyla finally agreed to get a dress, the hold that boy had on her was actually insane. We went to check out smiling that we had got our dresses.

"Soooo dates?" Tiffany smiled at me and Lyla.

"Flying solo" I stated, making a plane with my hand flying in around.

"You know, my brother doesn't have a date either..." Tiffany suggested.

"Absolutely not! I'd rather die." I rolled my eyes. I was absolutely not going with Jason. He was utterly insufferable.

"So Lyla? You going with Charlie?" Inessa asked her, but we all knew she wasn't. Everyone loved them together, and they loved them together.

"No, he's asking Kate? Maybe I'll find a date if not I'll just go with Les!" She smiled, but I could tell she wanted to go with with Charlie. I swung my arm over her shoulder, it wasn't a regular thing, but anything for Lyla.

We all went and sat down in the food court all getting different foods to eat. Lyla was posting some stuff on her phone and texting some people. Inessa had found Ezra, so they were chatting. Tiffany and me were laughing a little.

That's when Percy walked over. Lyla's face immediately lit up. She might want to go to hoco with Charlie, but that doesn't change the fact she's had a crush on Percy for the last year.