chapter three

indigo pov

My car still wasn't working, so I decided to walk to school, I didn't care too ask my friends to drive me, it was way to out of the way for Nessa and Lessy, plus Tif couldn't drive.

As I was skipping down the street listening to the album emails I can't send by sabrina carpenter, Charlie's car pulled up and stopped next to me. He rolled the window down.

"What kind of a boyfriend would I be if I let you walk to school in the cold, Ly" I rolled my eyes at his antics but crawled in.

"Not a very good one, I guess?"

"Exactly!"

I laughed it was nice, just being with Charles again, even if it was all fake, even if we weren't even really friends, when we got to school we met up with Jason and Tiffany for study hall.

I sat off to the side with Tif and Lessy, who were both looking over at the guys table for different reasons.

Lessy was mumbling in italian, what I assumed to be threats towards Jason, as he almost hit her precious car this morning.

Where as Tiffany was giving alejandro a love sick look. I really did want them to get together, but Jason would flip, and Ale was kind of a player.

"If you don't stop making heart eyes at Ale, i'm marching over there right now and telling him to ask you out." Lessy was great, but she could definitely have an agressive way of matchmaking.

"Don't do that!" Where as Tif was more nervous on that front, but they were great friends. Inessa and Tiffany had always been attached at the hip, hence why she was texting her romance tips from math class.

The four boys walked over to us, Ale sat by Tiffany. He was most certainly flirting with her and she was just blushing like crazy, Jason seemed to be a little upset for once in his life but he was just trying to get Lessy to smile much to his dismay she didn't.

Thomas sat next to me, showing me the book he got my sister, it was the summer of broken rules by K.L Walther. It was her favorite book but he had went in and annotated it.

"She's going to adore that, for your sign you should say something about breaking some rules at hoco, maybe a water gun cause it goes with the book?"

"Yeah, I like that. She'll love it" He wrote some stuff down in his notes app of what to buy, I just smiled.

Charlie sat on the other side of me leaning his head on my shoulder I smiled "Hi Charles." I think he was little thrown off by the name but he smiled nonetheless.

"Hey, Ly. Do you understand that?" He pointed to the AP Calc homework. The short answer was no, but I didn't want him to think I was stupid or something.

"Uh, yeah." He gave me a skeptical look then grabbed my pencil showing me how to do it. I smiled trying to focus but I couldn't.

"Are you paying attention?"

"No?" He let out a huff and dropped the pencil, but he just messed with my hair a little, calming himself and myself down.

"I'm sorry. I just don't get it, I'm still passing the class though"

"I'll think of something." Charlie looked like he was really thinking about it, I was lost in thought until I heard bickering from across the table.

"Would you shut up!"

"Lighten up, I was only joking."

"I'm trying to work on your lousy hoco proposal, so like stop giving me sass"

"I said I didn't need it anymore!"

"I already started." Lessy want back to scratching stuff out now that she didn't have to do it, Jason grabbed Ale's arm and pulled him away from Tiffany.

"I should probably make sure they're okay?" Thomas got up, following his friends out of the library. Lessy and Tiffany headed in the opposite direction to there English class.

charlies pov

She looked so pretty sitting there, even if she was frustrated with math, it was just us left in the library, I think Thomas had done that on purpose.

Yes, I liked Kate, but that didn't change the fact Lyla was amazing. I'm trying to think of anyway to get her engaged in math, I'm good at Math.

"Hey, maybe we could go get coffee again? I think Kate goes to this one coffee shop a lot, and I could help you with Math."

"I guess, that's a good idea. I could also start coming up with poster ideas for Kate." She smiled, the smile she does when she's not super fond of whatever it is she's saying. But I just gave her a genuine smile back.

Me and Ly had a very similar schedule, we both took harder classes, and were interested in similar things. But one class she excels in that I do not is yearbook. Currently, we were walking around but she was doing all the talking to people, I was just snapping some photos.

"Charles! Take a picture of me!" She posed in front of the circle window at the end of the hall making a heart with her hands laughing. I snapped a photo. She then grabbed my hand and we ran down to the lunch room, taking pictures of the freshman lunch block.

Lyla immediately dragged us over to a table with a cute little group of freshman girls who seemed to be doing thete nails.

"bay!" The little girl smiled up at Ly, turning away from her friends.

"Have you finished my poster? Also I love you outfit." That's the first time I really took Lylas outfit in, she was wearing a long pink sundress with two little ribbons at the end of her braids.

"Not yet, I gotta add more glitter and thank you. All you girls look so cute."

"You two look adorable! My older brother said you guys were dating." I wrapped my arm around Lyla smiling a little. Another one of the girls chimed in,

"I wish I had a boyfriend that sweet." Ly's face sank for a minute then she smiled looking back at me.

"I do have a pretty great, boyfriend." I smiled, and we snapped a few pictures of the girls before retreating back upstairs to put the camera away.

"See you later, Ly" I turned to walk away, happy with how today went before I heard something.

"Charles.." She used my name again, my full name. She was the only one who ever did that, if made my stomach circle a little.

"I had a really nice time today."

a/n: what did we think? I really liked this chapter. I liked exploring Charlie's relationship, and the mutual oblivious pining.

I also started exploring the other two relationships slightly, but it mostly revolves around Ly and Charles.

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed!! And share :)))) love you all sm