chapter seven

I seemed to always be rushing when I was supposed to meet charlie somewhere. This time he was picking me up, and I think he had been waiting outside for like twenty minutes at this point.

I grabbed a jacket and ran to get in the car.

"I'm sorry, Charles" he looked a little annoyed but when I got into the car, I swear his entire face lit up.

"It's okay, Ly, no big deal." It seemed like a big deal, as soon as we got there my face lit up, the roller rink.

"Charlie, it's been like six years since I've skated."

"Well looks like I'll be faster than you then."

"Never!" We both got out of the car, he grabbed my hand and we went inside renting skates. Honestly this was the perfect date, I always wanted to come on a date here when I was little and would see all the couples.

Charles knew me better than anyone, and I loved that. The way he paid for our skates, and his hair was all floppy. His smile. I was excited to be here. I was happy my date was here, I was happy it was with Charlie.

"You ready? I'm totally going to be better than you" He laughed and threw his head back as he finished tying his skates.

"In your dreams, cox" I stood up read to roll, but grabbed charles hand first.

"you wish, heart"

And with that we were off, it took me a round or two to gain my balance and every time I almost fell Charlie laughed at me, he must still come here a lot. I don't think I've come since the falling out.

Once i gained my balance and was probably skating a little faster than Charles. "You still come here a lot?"

"Nah, once or twice with the guys but it seemed weird."

"Yeah I havn't been since middle school." For some reason it made me happy to know that this was like our spot. And I was perfectly happy skating, laughing, catching up, until kate and her friends walked through the door.

Kate always did talk about skating. At volleyball practice, of course I never went, I didn't want to. She didn't really invite me anyways.

"Oh, look it's the power couple themselves" She looked between the two of us and laughed a little. She messed up charlie's hair.

"Hey! What's up Kate?" Charlie smiled a little.

"Just skating around" I felt invisible when Kate was there, but Charlie swung his arm over my shoulder.

"Nice seeing you Kate, I'm excited for our game."

Kate smiled and skated off with her friends laughing a little. I don't know why she didn't like me, maybe it was this whole Charlie thing but it was like that before this too.

"Hey Ly, let's go." He grabbed my hand and we left. I think Kate liked Charles to some degree at least, a few more dates and he would certainly have a prom date unfortunately I would not.

charlie's pov!

"Hey, Ly I have an idea" She smiled at me, I swear I would do anything so that girl smiles.

"What? We made Kate jealous! That's good I think we're making progress, leaving was a good idea. Keep her guessing" The smile she shows as she said that seemed forced.

"Well I think we should grab milkshakes, you know, post some pictures keep her guessing"

"You're good at this, I should have recruited you for the matchmakers."

She laughed and we headed into one of my favorite diners, my mom used to take me and Lyla here when we were little.

"I used to love this place!" She yelled as she rushed in taking the table in the corner of the place, it was my favorite spot too.