chapter four

thomas pov!

Lyla and Charlie were the most oblivious people I knew, I was currently at Lyla's hosue sitting on the couch with Mila, my girlfriend. We both had an airpod in and we were listening to her hopeless romantic playlist, I loved just being here with her. It also gave us a reason to spy on the supposed "fake" lovebirds.

They were baking cookies, and it was a wreck, mila kept mumbling threats about her baking equitment under her breath as they got flower over the entire house, currently Lyla was running away from Charlie as he thre flour at her and vice versa. It was really hilarious to watch. Charlie wrapped his arms around Lyla, rocking back and forth.

"They might need help finishing those cookies" Mila whispered looking up at me, I nodded and stood up reaching my hand out for her to take, we walked over to the kitchen. I was awful at baking or cooking or anything like that but Mila was marvelous at it so I would trust my faulty hands with her instructions.

Lyla and Charlie eventually made their way back to the kitchen helping us with the cookies. Lyla took to putting the cute little sprinkles hearts she had bought in the cookies as Mila rolled them up. Me and Charlie stood behind the girls, I had a hand on Mila's shoulder. Charlie was smiling like an idiot. There was absoulutely zero chance he liked Kate. He couldn't look at Lyla like that and still like Kate. I made a mental reminder to myself to bug him about it later.

Charlie got a text from his dad and he had to go home, of course that was next door but he still had to leave. He gave Lyla a small hug before he left then retreated out the door.

"He just hugged you?" I gave Lyla a teasing glance.

"Well, yeah. It's jsut kind of routine he likes Kate."

Mila then chimed in giving her older sister a look. "Are you sure? Cause he looks at you like there would never be another girl ever."

"Yes, I'm sure. We spent the entire morning talking about kate this and kate that, sometimes I wish he would just shut up about Kate."

I let out a small laugh, the only reason they were talking in the first place was because of Kate was it was funny how evidently jealous Lyla was being.

"Jealous?"

"No! It's just annoying sometimes." She grumbled and then took the cookies out of the oven, adding some icing to them.

"Uh huh sure." Mila chimed in while she grabbed a cookie and shoved it into her mouth. Mila was like the best thing that has ever happened to me. That and becoming friends with Charlie, Ale and Jason. I love them all so much.

Me and Charlie were super close, and Ale and Jason were super close, that's always how it was but we were one of the closest friend groups I knew. We told each other almost everything.

The only things we didn't always seem to admit was crushes but I have an eye for that sort of thing, I'm like there certified wingman. Like how Ale is totally in love with Tif but is too scared because of Jason, or how Charlie likes Lyla not Kate. Or how our dear dear Jason, definitely likes Lessy. He says he hates her but he doesn't have a bone of hate in his body.

We made our way back to the couch and Mila put on ten things I hate about you which Lyla quickly joined us to watch, though she was infatuated by her text messages. Mila drifted off laying against my chest and I could hear her softly snoring. I pulled out my phone getting a text in the boys groupe chat.

in love with lyla - charlie
scaredy cat - ale
sunny boy - jason
(these are thomas contact names for them so they don't know them)

THE BOYS 🥶🔥💰

in love with lyla
why is she so cute?

scaredy cat
who? kate?

sunny boy
wait- i thought he didn't like kate anymore?!?

me
you are all idiots.
and no he's probably talking
about lyla who's currently
blushing over her phone.

in love with lyla
you're kidding right?

scaredy cat
wait what did you send her?

sunny boy
i'm confused

in love with lyla
oh just a book quote,
and a picture of my face

me
which book?

in love with lyla
better than the movies
apparently she loves that one
it was really good

me
oh yeah, mila loves it too.

in love with lyla
i said how i love liz and
how lyla reminds me of her

scaredy cat
so you basically said you love her?

sunny boy
yet you don't like her?

in love with lyla
i mean she's a great friend

me
you two are so oblivious
it's sickening you guys should
have seen them making cookies

scaredy cat
oh i can imagine

sunny boy
why don't you just stop liking kate?

in love with lyla
that would not work?

sunny boy
so you still like kate?

in love with lyla
🤷‍♀️

sunny boy
????

read

Sometimes I wanted to slap my best friend over the head. He was so stupid, he obviously doesn't like kate, I'm not sure if he ever did. I mean sure she's pretty or whatever, but he's always liked Lyla, since we were in like third grade maybe before that.

I knew him in elementary school, we were as close cause he was always with Lyla but we were still pretty close. I just couldn't believe he finally probably has a chance and he's going to blow it for some snobby popular girl.

I had to fix this, I had to somehow make them see they were meant for each other sure it was a challenge but it was one I was willing to take. For the sake of my best friend, and my girl friend who was just as annoyed by the situation as me.

a/n: so what did we think of the thomas chapter? personally i'm obsessed and i actually love this chapter so much and if you don't i'm coming for your knee caps!!