chapter six

TIFFANY POV!

I had wanted Ale to ask me out for weeks, and Nes kept telling me he was going too, but I wasn't sure. He was Jasons best friend. He would be absolutely pissed. I wasn't worth all that. Lyla was off doing who knows what with Lessy. While me and Inessa sat in the lunch room.

I saw those two appear out of the corner of my eye but they were talking to too Ale, were they going to set him up with someone? Or make him a poster? They wouldn't they couldnt. Les, handed him a poster from her bag, and Ly handed him the chocolate strawberries I helped her make. I couldn't watch, I wouldn't. I got up and walked out of the cafeteria, most sophomores eat outside anyways. I sat down alone, and just scrolled through my phone.

Inessa ran out after me. She would always try to make me feel better, but that seemed impossible. I only guy I had ever liked who I finally thought I might have a chance with after the party, was asking another girl out.

"Tif, you gotta come back inside. Come on, please." The look on her face, was different, she seemed truly desperate. I couldn't leave her hanging so I grabbed her hand and walked back in. I was scared, of what I would see.

I shouldn't have been. He was standing by my seat, with my strawberries and a sign made just for me. It was my perfect match.

"Will you go to homecoming with me?"

I nodded my head and ran over to him and I just hugged him, I was so happy. Then Jason walked in.

"Get you're hands off my sister Ale."

"Jay it's fine." I didn't want this moment to end, why was he ruining it.

"No it's not! You didn't even bother to ask me?"

"I'm sorry, but I just didn't think about it. You're my best friend."

"Exactly!" Jason was gone. I didn't even know what to do or what to feel. Ale, put a hand on my shoulder.

"It's gonna be okay" He assured me before he went off somewhere. I think Charlie and Layla were communicating with there head, i seriously don't know how they do it but Lyla went off after J and Charlie followed Ale.

LYLA POV

"Jason! Are you serious?"

"What do you want Lyla?" He was visibly upset and annoyed with me.

"I didnt do anything?"

"You made the poster right?"

"No, that was Lessy. Regardless, you obviously like her! And she's Tiffany's friend what's the difference?"

"One I don't like her. Two Ale is a player. and Three Lessy isn't her best friend. I'd be perfectly fine if she was dating Charlie." He was right me and Lessy were closer that Tiffany but that didn't change things.

"Have you see the way Ale looks at her?" From the face he gave, he had. He wanted to be okay with them but he just couldn't bring himself to be.

"I just don't know how to be okay with it."

"For now? Just be happy for them."

Jason was a little grumbly but he put a small smile on his face, everyone knew he couldn't stay mad. "Okay." We made our way back into the cafeteria, Jason nodded his head at Ale and then sat down by Charlie. That might be all the approval Ale would get for today, but it was enough for Tiffany. She smiled at her brother.

I was happy things were working out. Though, Lessy seemed pissed at Jason for getting upset, and who knew what would happen. At least two of the four of us had dates for homecoming.

Charlie hit my foot from under the table and then smiled at me. I laughed a little. I felt like he always knew when I needed to laugh.

~💌~

The bell rang and people slowly dispersed, Ale walked Tif to class, Nessa and Ezra walked together for there free, and Jason trailed behind Lessy yelling. I walked into my history class and sat in the back, I sat by Kate in this class. The unfortunate work of assigned seats.

She was talking to Ally, her best friend who also sat at our table, I liked her, she was usually pretty nice.

"No one believes they're actually dating, it's probably one of Lylas stupid plans." She turned her head to see me "Oh, sorry Ly. Didn't see you there."

I gave her a fake smile, and looked over at Ally like what the heck and she just shrugged.

"It is 100% real. Ask anyone!" I was half-joking. I really thought we had been convincing though. But when someone like Kate asks a question most people say what she wants to here.

Kate stood up on the chair. "Anyone think Charlie and Lyla are actually dating?" Anytime someone went to raise a hand she gave them a pointed look. A lot of people didn't even try.

"Well that settles it! It's fake. So just drop the act. It makes you both look pathetic." I rolled my eyes and just put my face into my history book.

~💌~

"No one really believes it, Lyla." Lessy told me after I had ranted about the interaction with Kate. She definitely knew how to be honest.

"But how do I make them believe it?" I was at a loss, I thought we were doing really good but apparently not.

"Go on a date, post pictures, kiss. Do couplely things cause currently you just seem like two little kids pining. Which is what you are"

"Huh?" I didn't like Charlie, we were fake dating! I just wanted everyone else to think we're dating.

"You guys have to you your game. Especially because your notorious for setups and everyone knows it."

I nodded. He never should have picked me, we should have found someone else. Literally anyone else would have been better.

~💌~

Charles 🌻

ly 🫶
we need to up our game
kate doesn't believe a thing

charles 🌻
what? your kidding :(
but that's okay we can do it!

ly 🫶
yeah, we just need to
work out a date + in a public place

charles 🌻
i have an idea, friday
at eight, i'll pick you up

ly 🫶
more details?

charles 🌻
no ❤️

ly 🫶
WHAT??

a/n: well there it is!! i hope you all enjoyed. let me know how it was. i love charlie and lyla so so much!! guys there's only like ten chapters left 😭 go apply for the pjo fic and the descendants one!! and check out my new walker fic.