chapter eight

lyla pov!

Today was the first volleyball game, and I was both super excited and super nervous. I was starting this year. My friends were all coming, and I think Charles might be, to watch Kate.

We were stretching and warming up, Kate was yelling out the stretches. She really could be nice sometimes, and she was a good teammate when she wanted to be.

We were getting ready back in the locker room and people were starting to arrive. A surprising amount of people from our school came to our games.

The school started to announce the teams and we came out ready to play. I was one of the starters so we all got into position. I looked up into the stands first finding my three best friends in the entire world.

It meant a lot that Tiffany, Nessa, and Lessy were here and I really needed to find time to hangout with the three of them soon, I scanned the crowd again attempting to find Charlie.

That's when I spotted Charles sitting in the front of the bleachers smiling and clapping. The whistle was blown and we started game play. Most of the game went back and forth. In no teams favor.

But we won at the very end! Everyone was cheering and clapping Kate, was estatic, she even gave me a hug! A HUG?!?

That's when Charles ran over also giving me a hug smiling, maybe it was all for show but it didn't matter. He kissed me in a way I had never been kissed before. He made me feel special. And it that moment that's all that mattered.

After our little moment and a bunch more cheering and my friends bringing me a flower, me and the rest of the team headed out for dinner, I loved my team, they all seemed closer than they were with me but that's just because I had other friends.

"So! Ly, I wanna here all about you and Charlie!" Ally yelled smiling at me. Of course Emma and Kate both immediately turned my direction.

"Oh well, he's super sweet, and we went skating which was really fun. It's really nice being close with him again" I smiled, everything I said was true. I didn't even have to lie.

"You guys are my otp. I swear, if you two break up love is dead." Emma said, as she walked up to the counter to grab our milkshakes. The girls on the team were sweet, even Kate was smiling at me.

"He does seem sweet" Kate chimed in, before turning to another one of our teammates. A part of me was happy the plan had worked, Charles would smile. But a part of me was disappointed all of this would be over soon.

We all chatted and it was really nice. When we finally decided to leave it was nearly twelve am. Most people's parents picked them up, and Kate's car was already full.

So I was practically stranded. I called Les, who offered to walk to the diner, to walk with me home, which was super nice of her, but I didn't want her to have to walk here.

Inessa and Tiffany both are both unable to drive so those were both lost causes, my parent surely wouldn't come pick me up, whether they were home or not. The only other person I could think of was Charles but I felt bad calling him.

My stupid car seriously needs fixed. But my dad keeps forgetting, and my mom doesn't have time, and they won't fix it for me, I tried. I started to walk but it was freezing. That's when I clicked Charlies contact on my phone.