chapter twelve

lyla's pov!

It was thursday, homecoming was tomorrow and I still didn't have a date. It would be fine, me and Lessy would just go together, and I could just watch Kate and Charlie dance the night away.

But when I pulled my car into school, there was a familiar face standing out side my door, coffee in hand. Percy. He smiled at me, and I got out of my car.

"Lyla Heart, would you accompany me to homecoming tomorrow?" And he held out the coffee, it wasn't big or fancy but it was sweet and everything I had dreamed of, I accepted the coffee smiling and giving him a small hug. We walked into school like that, his hand around my waste, my coffee in hand.

Maybe tomorrow night wouldn't be so bad after all.

At lunch, I sat with Percy and his friends. It wasn't because I didn't want to sit with my friends or something but he had asked so I joined him.

I rested my head on his shoulder, it was fun but it wasn't nearly as fun as sitting with my friends and charlie. Lunches the last few weeks have been my favorite.

But Charlie was now sitting with Kate, if you could even call it sitting. They were kissing way to much and honestly just all over each other. It was really annoying.

The rest of my friends and charlie's friends, Thomas, Ale, Jason, Nessa, Tif, and Lessy all sat together. They were laughing and talking and holding hands and it looked like so much fun.

But I was always excited to sit with Percy, I mean it's Percy. I've wanted to date him for the past year. But he wasn't nearly as fun as Charlie.
~

Me, Lessy, Nessa, and Tif were all in my room getting ready, Mila was supposed to get ready with us as well, but she had went to a party yesterday, and I hadn't seen her since. I assumed she went to her friends house for a sleepover or something and Thomas was picking her up from there.

"Guys! I'm so excited for tonight" Nessa said smiling and putting her earrings in. Lessy was curling Tif's hair and I was curling mine.

"It's going to be so much fun!" I laughed, changing into my dress, all the boys were coming over to take photos soon.

"You all are losers for ditching me" Lessy was the only one who ended up without a date, but Jason, Tiffany's brother also didn't have a date. Though they hated eachother we planned on just sticking them together.

Ezra, Percy, Ale, and Jason were all coming here, Thomas was supposed to come as well, but I'm assuming he's picking her up from her friends instead. Charlie is probably going to Kate's? Where I'm assuming Emma is.

Tonight had to be perfect, I mean it's everything I've dreamed about, I had the perfect dress, the perfect hair, nothing could possibly go wrong. right?

Ale and Jason pulled up in the same car, then Ezra got dropped off slightly behind them. Percy was running late but that was fine. The others started taking pictures. I wasn't really sure where he was at.

Thomas also showed up, apparently Mila hadn't contacted him at all, so he still thought she was here. I couldn't believe it, had she really stood him up? He was absolutely crushed. And said his sister and her went to a party and never came back.

Now we were all worried, we were both frantically calling her, she eventually texted thomas saying she ended up sleeping at some friends house, and she wasn't feeling good. But why didn't she tell anyone? And why didn't she come home?