The Art of Love & Hate

By Havingfunwithfanfic

Lucerys Velaryon is born a girl and things become a bit more complicated, especially when Aemond starts takin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36: Epilogue

Chapter 16

2.5K 125 11
By Havingfunwithfanfic

Aegon is pissed about what almost happened to his children and makes a decision about Darya. Aemond thinks killing his brother might be a good idea. I hope you guys like it 🥰

2 weeks later.

Darya was thankful when she was told that they had been able to stop the men who had been hired to kill Helaena's children. Aemond had placed guards inside his sister's chambers and had patrolled some of the secret tunnels himself. He had found the men as they tried to make their way to Helaena's chambers, a fight had ensued and he had killed them both. The downside for the Greens was that since both men were dead they could not say who in the city had hired them. Aemond had also sent the letter to her mother, just like Darya had suggested. Aegon had been furious when he discovered what had almost happened and had ordered no food or water be brought to Darya. Aemond had ignored the orders and threatened the guards with dismemberment if they did not bring her food and water. The guards had been a bit hesitant but gave in when the prince promised that he would not tell anyone.

She had been getting food and water on a regular basis and had received a few letters from her aunt. Helaena had thanked her several times for helping her and promised that she would try and help her. Darya was not expecting much, her aunt was tied down by her family and Darya would never ask her to endanger herself.

The doors slammed open and two guards walked in, followed by Criston Cole. The queen's guard gave her a mocking bow. "Princess, the king asks for your presence."

She rolled her eyes and stood up, fixing her blue-green gown, and followed after them. This gown was more to her taste and it had been sent by her aunt. She made it to the throne room and stood up straight, watching as Aegon looked at her with malice.

"Your whore of a mother tried to have my wife and children killed." Aegon snapped. "What do you think about that?"

"I think you have been drinking a bit more than usual, which says a lot since you are always drunk." She could see Aemond trying to hold back his smile as the people in court whispered. She knew that most of them agreed with her, it was no secret that the king spent most of his time drunk. "Do you have any proof that mother was the one who planned this?"

"Who else would have been?" Aegon's glare intensified. "There is no one else in Kings Landing that has a reason to hate me."

"Please tell me you are jesting." Aegon looked confused and Darya let out a laugh. "Most people in Kings Landing hate you, especially the common folk. Let us not forget that while you spend most of your time gorging yourself with food and drink, your people are starving, especially with the shortage of food."

Aegon slammed his hands on the arms of the throne and hissed when one of the swords cut him again. "That is also your mother's fault."

"Maybe she is trying to get your attention." Darya kept herself calm, not rising to the bait. Knowing that Aegon was looking for an excuse to punish her. "Have you tried talking to her?"

"Of course I have." Aegon now looked a bit confused. "I have sent her an envoy and also a letter once you were captured."

"That is not what I meant." Darya looked at Otto, who was giving her a hateful look before looking back at her uncle. "She will not trust anything Otto says because she does not trust him and never will. She also does not trust your letters because she knows they are not your words, but your grandsire's and your mother's."

"How dare you..." Alicent took a step towards her, but Darya did not give her the chance to finish.

"Am I lying?" Darya asked with a smile. "Tell me that the letter my mother received about me was not written by you or your father."

"That is not the point." Aegon interrupted, but she could see his face getting red, which told her she had spoken the truth. "She has refused every single treaty I have suggested."

"I do not think holding her only daughter hostage is helping your credibility at this time." He had to know that her mother would never accept the terms he had proposed. "You should meet with her personally on a neutral ground and speak to her. She might be more open to listen than you think."

"I think I have a better idea." Aegon's words made a chill run down her spine and she did not miss the way Aemond's body tensed. "I think your mother will listen once I whip you in front of the entire city."

Darya's eyes widened and her heart sank, she should not be surprised. Aegon had always enjoyed being cruel and hurting those weaker than himself. Darya would be damned if she allowed him to see her fear. She would make sure he would pay for what he was doing to her. 

                                                                       Darya Velaryon (15 years old.)

************************************************************************************************************************************************

Aemond's fear rose as the guards took hold and Darya and dragged her out of the room. She did not fight them, more than likely she knew that it would do her no good. He did not miss the sadistic smile on Criston Cole's face and he wanted to kill the man. Aegon sat on the throne, looking proud of himself as their mother and grandsire gave him an astonished look.

"Aegon, you need to think this." His mother's eyes were filled with fear. "Once Rhaenyra finds out she will attack the city."

"We are not strong enough to stop an attack." Otto was smart enough to know that they would not be able to defeat Rhaenyra and Daemon if they decided to attack. "Daemon and Rhaenyra will not stay still if you torture their daughter."

"She deserves this." Aegon snapped. "Her mother was going to have my children killed."

"You do not know that!" Aemond turned to his brother. He knew it had been Daemon, but he was not going to say that, especially not now. "You can't treat Darya this way, she is a princess and your niece."

"She is a bastard," Aegon answered with a laugh. "And I thought you would understand, after all, you are the one who captured her and killed her dragon."

"Do not do this, Aegon." Aemond pleaded he had already hurt her enough, and he did not want his family to hurt her because of him. Darya had been the one who had saved Helaena and her children, it was not fair she would be paid this way. She could have kept quiet and they would have received a massive blow. Instead, she had risked everything to save Helaena. "I will not support you if you do this."

"Will not support me?" Aegon's voice changed and became almost manic. "I do not know if you are aware of this, but I am the king. You do not have a choice, if you do not support my reign it will be considered treason. I could have your head."

Aemond narrowed his eyes, annoyed that his brother thought he could intimidate him. While Aegon had spent years drinking and raping women, Aemond had spent it training and honing his skills. Aegon would not be able to take him in combat and he was well aware of it. Aemond climbed the steps leading to the throne in a slow and deliberate manner. His mother and grandsire tensed and Aegon's eyes widened with fear.

"Are you threatening me?" Aemond bent a little until he was eye to eye with his brother. "Because you can be sure that I could kill you right now and no one would be able to stop me. I think sitting in this ugly chair has given you many ideas. Some of those ideas might prove to be a bit dangerous for you."

Aegon swallowed and was unable to hold Aemond's gaze. He leaned back on the throne, trying to get away from him. He wanted to kill Aegon and he probably should, it would save all of them a lot of grief. For now, he had more important things to worry about because there was no way he was going to allow Darya to be whipped like a common peasant.

He took a step away from the throne before running down the steps and walking quickly out of the throne room. He had to stop the guards before they could hurt his niece. He was running down the hall when he heard a loud roar and he froze. That had been a dragon and it was not his and it did not belong to one of his brothers or sister. It was only a few seconds later when the alarms sounded, letting them know the city was under attack. Aemond took off running, knowing that people would be panicking and the city would not be safe. He needed to find Darya and get her out of Kings Landing as soon as possible. He had been so stupid, thinking that he would be able to keep her safe. He should have known she would not be safe in Kings Landing, there were too many people in the palace who hated Rhaenyra and wanted nothing more than to hurt her and they had no qualms in using her daughter to do it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 42 4
Being the first child and only daughter of Rhaenyra Targaryen, Aemma Velaryon has to navigate being her mother's heir while also protecting her brot...
23.5K 498 19
She is the firstborn and only daughter of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen. He is no more than the neglected second son of King Viserys I Targaryen. She...
18.3K 390 24
𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓭𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓸𝓷𝓼 This story happened a long time ago. It is already over. Nothing can be done to change it. It is a story of return and l...
304K 8.5K 48
Daemon and Rhaenyra married. Their first child was sent by the Gods to save them all. Deirys Targaryen was born with a direct connection to the Fourt...