Distance b/w Us...

By background21

They say distance means so little when the person means so much... But when you mean nothing to that person... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 19

18.7K 751 35
By background21

*Nisha Pov*

"So how was your day today?" I asked Ayesha when she returned from the camp in the evening.

It's been one week since she joined the camp and also for me since I joined cooking classes.

"I drew a cake." She said and immediately opened her bag.

"It is beautiful Ayesha." I said, looking at it.

"Let's place it on the refrigerator." I said, and she nodded smiling.

We both walked to the fridge and placed the paper on it using the magnet. We both smiled seeing it.

"You should draw so many that it will be difficult for us to open the fridge." I said looking at her.

"Then where will we keep Ice creams?" She asked frowning.

"You ask your Dad to buy another one." I replied, and she laughed.

"What did you learn today?" She asked, and I smiled at her.

"How to make a cake." I replied, and she grinned at me.

"Make one for me." She pleaded with those eyes, and of course I couldn't say no to her.

"Ok! Will you help me?" I asked her, and she nodded excitedly.

I took all the contents in correct measurements into a bowl and started mixing it properly while she started applying butter inside the mould using which we will prepare the cake.

"Over?" I asked, walking towards her.

"Yes! Did I do it correctly?" She asked smiling.

"You did better than my teacher. She was a little miser while applying the butter." I replied, and she laughed hearing that.

"Let's put it in the oven." I said, and she saw me pouring the mixture into the mould.

When I turned to placing it in the oven and then turned again, I saw that she is sweeping off the little mixture present in the bowl with her finger and licking it.

"Is it good?" I asked, sitting beside her on the dining table.

"Yummy!" She replied, licking more.

"Well, save me some." I said teasing her and ate it with my finger.

"It is yummy." I said, smiling at her.

"I told you!" She said, shaking her head making me laugh.

"Don't go near the oven ok?" I asked her when I went inside the washroom, and she nodded.

Like I asked, she didn't, and I smiled. We both just sat down and cleaned the bowl perfectly without a spot.

After doing that we both burst out laughing, and then we heard the footsteps.

We turned to look at Sudhir walking inside looking at us in confusion. He sat beside Ayesha and surprisingly not in his place asking, "What is the joke?"

"What is this?" Ayesha asked him showing the bowl.

"Empty bowl!" He replied frowning.

"That's why." She said and I laughed, shaking my head.

"We cleaned it perfectly eating the cake mixture." I explained when he just saw us in confusion.

"I will go and get freshen up." He said nodding at us.

"I will go and heat the remaining butter so that we need not store that little amount and can even get some ghee." I said, and she nodded.

When I finished heating it and held it with a cloth to place it in a cupboard as it was very hot, we heard the oven alarm. I placed the hot bowl on the oven and saw that the cake looks cooked.

"Looks like it is over." I said and she immediately jumped up in excitement.

I walked towards the oven and opened the door. I tested it using the knife, whether it is cooked or not passing it through the center.

When it felt like it cooked properly, I walked to the cabin to bring the oven glove. However, when I turned I saw that Ayesha was about to touch the cake.

"Ayesha, no!" I said, rushing near her and closed the door of the oven moving her away.

Nonetheless, then I felt the hot liquid falling on my arm, and I screamed with burning sensation.

Ayesha got scared and started crying. At the same time, Sudhir entered the kitchen asking, "What happened?"

"She was about to touch the cake, but the cake was too hot..." I started saying.

"What? Ayesha, don't you know that you should stay away from the kitchen." He said scolding her.

"It is not her mistake." I whispered.

"You should have really kept an eye on her, Nisha. She is just a kid so at least you need to be responsible." He said raising his voice.

"Ayesha, go to your room." I said and she nodded, walking away mumbling 'Burned'.

"What is she saying?" He asked me frowning.

"She is saying 'burned'." I replied, trying to move my hand which is beside me.

"She got hurt? You should have told me Nisha." He said and rushed out of the kitchen walking inside her room.

I sighed and slowly walked towards the tap. I ran the water on it and just bit my lip holding the pain.

I then covered it with some curd hoping the bubbles will not appear on it. I switched off the oven plug and walked inside my room feeling a little dizzy.

I lay on my bed and just drifted off into sleep hoping to forget the burn feeling.

*Sudhir Pov*

"Ayesha! Where did you get hurt?" I asked her worriedly entering the room.

"It was not her mistake..." She said between hiccups.

I brushed her tears away and said, "I know! But tell me where you got hurt."

"I didn't!" She said frowning.

"Then why did you say 'Burned'?" I asked her frowning.

"She got burned." She replied frowning.

"She got?" I asked her shocked, and she nodded.

"Ok! You remain in your room. I will see it." I said and walked outside the room.

When I went inside the kitchen, I saw that she is not here. I walked back inside my room and took the aloe vera gel from my cupboard.

Then I walked towards her room and knocked. But when she didn't open the door, I slowly opened it and saw that she is sleeping.

I went near her and saw a patch already reddening. I felt so guilty not asking her whether she is all right.

"Nisha!" I whispered and she slowly opened her eyes.

"Shall I apply this? It will be cold." I said and she just frowned at me.

"I applied curd." She said and then I saw that she did.

"I will clean it a little and apply it." I said cleaning the curd with the napkin on the bed.

She hissed a little, and I mumbled sorry. After that I applied it, and I can see she is feeling good.

"Whenever it gets dry just apply a little again. You will feel good, and it will also heal quickly." I said, placing the bottle beside the bed.

"Thanks." She said getting up.

"Don't get up! And I should say sorry. I shouldn't have shouted at you and should have also asked whether you got hurt." I said looking at her, but she just frowned.

"This is not the first time." She whispered.

"What?" I asked her confused.

"This is not just the first time you shouted at me. But why are you behaving like this now?" She asked in a whisper.

"Because at that time I was wrong, but I didn't know I was. Now, I am wrong and I know that I am wrong." I replied.

"That's confusing." She said, shaking her head.

"Leave it!" I said, nodding my head.

"I need to prepare dinner." She said getting up.

"With that hand, if you prepare it, then it will burn even more. I will prepare for a few days." I said getting up.

"It's ok! I can do it, and this is not a big thing." She said looking at me.

"You just go to sleep calmly." I said walking outside her room.

I prepared some dinner, and it finished soon as the vegetables were already cut. When I finished, I walked inside Ayesha's room and called her. Hearing my voice even Nisha walked outside her room.

We three walked downstairs and had a silent dinner. Even Ayesha sat quietly.

"Hey! Why are you so quiet?" Nisha asked her.

"You got hurt because of me." Ayesha replied looking down.

"Don't say that, Ayesha. Come here." Nisha said and Ayesha got up, walking near her.

"Just listen if we say something and that's all you need to do. You didn't do anything wrong, dear. But if you had gotten hurt, then we both would have been sad right?" Nisha asked.

"Yes!" Ayesha replied.

"So listen if we say anything for you to not do. And don't feel bad about it. It will be gone soon." Nisha explained, and I smiled.

"Ok!" Ayesha mumbled.

"Now give me a smile." Nisha said, but Ayesha stood calmly.

"If you don't smile, then I will eat the whole cake." Nisha threatened.

"You can't eat the whole." Ayesha said, looking at Nisha.

"I will help her." I said, and she pouted at me.

"Ok!" She said and smiled at us.

"Now, that's like a good girl." Nisha said kissing her cheek.

"Shall I bring the cake?" I asked them.

"I will bring it." Nisha replied.

"With that hand? No, I will do it." I said getting up.

"My hand is not broken." She mumbled.

"Dad is feared by burns." Ayesha whispered, and I rolled my eyes.

"Really?" Nisha asked.

"Yes! I get terrified." I confirmed, and she chuckled.

I placed the cake before them, and they both cut it with the knife. I had a piece and got to say it is nice.

"It is not 'The good' but for being the first time it is great." I said finishing the cake.

"No! It is yummy." Ayesha said, pushing out her tongue.

"Can I have another piece?" I asked showing my plate.

"Go and have your 'The good' cake." Nisha said and they both high fived.

"Ok, ok! Here, have one." Ayesha said giving me another piece.

"Thanks!" I said, smiling at them.

Today I cleared the dishes while Nisha kept on mumbling that her hand is not fractured. I ignored her and finished everything.

I tucked Ayesha and walked inside my room. I chose to not utter any word to anyone without knowing everything completely from tomorrow onwards.

Yes! That's what I should do...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How is the chap guys???

Comment plz and vote...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.8K 3.2K 49
"I think what they all said is right Arjun,you deserve the best, and I am not the one, I said between my sobs. He covered the distance between us and...
12.6K 765 42
A story where love reaches it's destination. God has made one for everyone we just need to wait for the right one, our heart will recognize it's bett...
27.8K 2.1K 24
Things change as time changes... It can be good or bad also... It can heal us or continue to hurt us... Sometimes it continue to give us HOPE or a...
21.8K 2.1K 31
Ever thought about the reality? What happens, when you agree on an arranged marriage to an unknown person? Two different individuals come together an...