I'm Her Boyfriend?! (HAYG Seq...

By GrexyMazing

"Could it be possible for the heart to remember what the mind have forgotten?" ~*~ This is a sequel to 'H... More

FOREWORD
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 1: Not to Greyson...
CHAPTER 2: Last two years...
CHAPTER 3: Where's Lauren?
CHAPTER 4: Morgan?
CHAPTER 5: Time to get closer to my bestfriend...
CHAPTER 6: Here comes Lauren..
CHAPTER 7: I remember...
CHAPTER 8: Like a boss
CHAPTER 9: Oh, Greyson
CHAPTER 10(Part 1): Reason 1 & 2
CHAPTER 10(Part 2): Reason 3
CHAPTER 11: When Lauren came into the picture...
CHAPTER 12: I wanted us to start all over again
CHAPTER 13: Reason 4
CHAPTER 14: Sunshine and City Lights
CHAPTER 15: Oh, shit!
CHAPTER 16: "It ain't my fault"---"Just friends"
CHAPTER 17: Everything's okay... ALMOST
CHAPTER 18: Total Chaos
CHAPTER 19: "You're being sweet again, Keaton."
CHAPTER 20: Triple shit
CHAPTER 21: I can smell success
CHAPTER 22: That ends it.
CHAPTER 23: "He's a jerk, but I love him."
CHAPTER 24: Life must go on
CHAPTER 25: Feel Again
CHAPTER 26: Letting go
CHAPTER 27: The kiss
CHAPTER 28: Kissing monster
CHAPTER 29: Hope
AUTHOR'S NOTE (IMPORTANT)
CHAPTER 31: The favor and the promise.
CHAPTER 32: Twists and Turns
CHAPTER 33: Weird acts + The plan
CHAPTER 34: Heart Alert
CHAPTER 35: What will happen?
CHAPTER 35(Part 2): The jerk and the dork's story ends here? Or not?
CHAPTER 36: Playing games
CHAPTER 37: Revelations
CHAPTER 38: Giving up
CHAPTER 39: More Revelations
CHAPTER 40: Choosing Him
CHAPTER 41: Confusion
CHAPTER 42: It's Time
CHAPTER 43: Better Off This Way
CHAPTER 44: Scared
CHAPTER 45: 10th Reason
CHAPTER 46: Out Of My League
Hey! :)
SEQUEL!!!!!

CHAPTER 30: Issues + Upcoming Revelation

4.5K 146 60
By GrexyMazing

A/N: Wondering why the title of Chapter 30 is "Issues + Upcoming Revelation"? Ofc, no. Haha! Read this then. Hi GreyWriter! Here's your dedication. Lovelove. <3

I DON'T REALLY KNOW IF YOU GUYS ARE READING THE AUTHOR'S NOTE I'M POSTING BEFORE AND AFTER A CHAPTER BUT, I HOPE YOU DO. <3

AND OH! I made a new cover -->

~*~

I woke up today feeling so happy about Greyson’s interview yesterday with Ellen. I can’t help but get excited with the thought that anytime he’d show his face to me and he’ll profess his undying love for me. Err… okay. That was so gay.

After taking a decent shower, I changed into some clothes where I’m really comfortable at wearing, wore my heels and did myself a light make up. I grabbed my bag and my car keys then I’m off to work.

As I sped down the busy streets of L.A., the thought of my ‘happy ever after’ with Greyson whirled inside my head. It didn’t make me any dizzy though, in fact I can spend all day just imagining what good things might happened between me and Greyson. I can’t help but get ecstatic and giddy.

My driving went slow by the minute and that’s when I noticed I’m in the middle of a heavy traffic jam. While waiting for the car ahead of me move, I turned on the radio for some music.

But instead of hearing some ear-soothing sound… I heard some earth shattering news.

“And for our entertainment news, teen singing sensation, Greyson Chance was seen with Lauren Westphalen entering Keck Hospital of USC after his interview with Ellen yesterday. We tried to ask the reason why they were there but they just gave us a light smile and walk away together holding each other’s hand. Yes folks, you heard that right. They were holding each other’s hands. In his interview with Ellen yesterday, Greyson Chance cleared the rumors that Lauren Westphalen is not his girlfriend and the guy named Keaton Stromberg isn’t [Your Full Name]’s boyfriend. Some believed but some just didn’t buy what he said especially that they were seen together last night. Greyson and Lauren were also reportedly seen dining in a fancy restaurant in L.A. right after they went in the hospital. There were also a blurry pictures of them kissing which shocked the netizens. You can see their pictures on our website, www.toolazytothinkofaname.com . Best friends? Hmm... Tell us what you think. Next issue is about—“

I grunted and switched off the radio infuriately as tighten my grip on the steering wheel. What are they doing in the hospital where Greyson was brought after the accident? Why did they dine together? Or rather, WHY ARE THEY TOGETHER?

”No. Lauren is not my girlfriend. We’re kind best friends. And, that guy is Keaton. He is YN’s best friend.”

Right. Best friends. They are best friends. Greyson treats her as his best friend. I need not to worry.

“I love her.”

“He loves me. He loves me. He… loves me.” I said repeatedly, trying to convince myself.

That’s what matters the most. I shouldn’t think of anything. I should believe him.

But why do I have this uneasy feeling?

Shit…

I need to see those pictures.

~*~

My day on the restaurant passed by so fast without me noticing it. I’m actually glad our boss still accepted me here even if I’m absent for three consecutive days without any valid reason.

I entered the staff’s room and saw Nikki. She didn’t bother to look at me as she keeps on fixing her things. She already changed her clothes. From the time I entered the restaurant, the only thing Nikki said to me was Hi—and that’s when our workmates noticed that she’s a bit off me.

“Niks, wait for me. Let’s go home together.” I said as I walked just beside her to fix my things.

“I need to go somewhere else.” She responded without looking at me.

“W-where?”

“Party. I need to loosen up. Someone’s giving me a terrible headache.”

I heaved out a sigh, knowing that that someone who is giving her a terrible headache is no other than me. “N-nikki, look, I’m sorry. Okay?”

“For what?” She straightens his pace and looks at me. “For hoping that Greyson would actually be in the front door of my apartment begging for you to come back?”

“Nikki, h-he said he loves me.”

Hey eyebrow lifted. “And you actually believed that? After that interview, he went out with Lauren.”

“I… I know. But t-they were best friends.”

“My god, YN. Best friends my butt. Did you even see their pictures? Their hands were intertwined, smiling at each other like they were some sort of first timers in love, they even dine together! They were taking care of each other. They even kissed! How stupid can you be to not see that someone might have given him an instruction to answer that way so he could keep his relationship with Lauren?”

“Why are you like that?” I managed to ask as my eyes watered.

“Like what? Like a concern best friend? YN, I was happy for you when I heard him say that he loves you. But it was replaced by anger when I saw those pictures. Someone actually left tons of copies of those in the front door of my apartment this morning! YN, did he even text you after that interview? Did he even make an effort to show that what he said on national TV is true? Did you even hear a single word from him?”

Before I knew it, my hands involuntarily wiped away the tears flowing on my cheeks. “S-stop. I don’t want to hear anything.”

“Forget him, YN. He doesn’t deserve you. He might have amnesia, but he should be considerate with your feelings.”

“I cannot… forget him, Nikki. You know… that.” I said in between sniffs.

“But you can at least try! I thought you already said good bye to him completely? Just because of his kisses, you’ll come back to him? Oh god. Show him you don’t care. Show him you’re strong enough to not have him by your side. YN, please don’t be like those girls on movies who is going to soak themselves daydreaming that their prince charming would realized by himself that he actually loves the girl. This is reality, YN. Show you’re tough and they won’t break you.” And with that, she gets her bag and went out of the staff’s room leaving me confused on what to do.

“I love her.”

Greyson’s husky almost awkward voice echoed inside my head which made a pathetic chuckle escape my mouth. When I heard him said that, did I even ask myself if he’s actually saying the truth? No. I was too happy because after a long time, not literally, those words I’ve been longing for him to say finally escaped his mouth. It gave me the same feeling when he first confessed to me. Remember? Huge truck? Surprise number? Pajamas? When I knew I had the happy ending I always wanted? I didn’t have the time to think and analyze what just came out of his mouth.

And then Nikki, said those words to me which is actually a real hard slap for me. Am I really the only one hoping that we can fix this? I don’t get it. Did someone just really tell him to say those three words in national TV?

Why?

I wiped the tears that were freely streaming down my cheeks. I picked up my phone that was inside my bag and decided to search for the pictures everyone is buzzing about. And true enough—they look like a couple with those holding hands and such. I felt something twitched in my heart while scrolling through the pictures. My hands began to tremble as I scan each smiling pictures that was taken last night. They look so happy. They look like… us before.

My tears began to fall again when I saw their kissing pictures. It wasn’t as clear as those other pictures where you can really see that it’s them. These pictures were kinda blurry and were shot in a darker area. They looked like they’re in a different location. You can see Greyson’s back and he was like leaning forward to Lauren and Lauren’s hands were around his waist. The fuck is this? They kissed in public when Greyson just admitted in national TV that he loves me? What is he trying to say?

I dried my cheeks and hurriedly went on Twitter to see if somehow Greyson has something to say about it. I went directly to his profile.

No tweet. His last tweet was yesterday telling everyone to watch out for his appearance in Ellen.

I stared blankly at his Twitter icon. “Hey Greyson! You should say something about this! Don’t you know how hard it is for me right now? I don’t get you! I don’t get what you are trying to do! You said you love me! And then you’re with Lauren! What is that? Do you really love me? Huh? Huh? Answer me! You jerk!” I yelled particularly at my phone with all the fury gushing out, and then chuckled humorlessly, my whole body trembling. “You! I still love you…” My voice broke and before I knew it, tears streamed down my face again.

I felt really stupid for rambling. Somehow my ‘angry nerve’ had a direct synapse to my tear glands.

I’m so lost at this point. I don’t know whether to forget Greyson or continue hoping he’d come back. But weighing everything that had happened-- the first one is the most suitable thing to do.

Forget Greyson?

Ha-ha!

Is that even possible?

With that question whirling inside my mind, I fixed my things, put on my coat and walked my way out of the staff’s room.

“Goodbye, Miss YN.” The janitor said as I passed mindlessly, basically heaving myself out the door.

“I’ve been waiting for you, YN.” Said a familiar voice behind me.

I turned around to see where the voice is coming from and I was surprised to see who it is. “Mrs. Stromberg?”

The lady in front of me, smiled. “It’s nice to see you again, YN.” She spoke softly, as if she doesn’t want anyone to hear her voice.

I walked towards him and gave her a hug. “It’s nice to see you too, Mrs. Stromberg.”

She pulled away. “Drop the formality, YN, “A soft chuckle escaped her mouth. “Since when did you call me Mrs. Stromberg? Laraine would do. Or perhaps, you can call me mom again.” She said-- joy visible in her voice.

I gave her a smile—a genuine one. Laraine Claire—Keaton’s mom-- was the one whom I treated as a mother. She was there through my ups and downs. She also knew about how crazy I can get every time I fangirl over Greyson. I don’t know why she’s here but… “I miss you, Laraine.”

“Hmm. Mom sounds good than Laraine,” She laughed. “You look more beautiful in person than on TV.” She remarked as she held both of my arms.

I felt my cheeks heat up. “You too, Laraine. Your two years on Australia seemed to have a good effect on you.”

She smiled weakly at me which gave me confusion as she avoided my gaze. “Do you have your car with you? Can you accompany me to somewhere?” She asked, instead of answering my compliment, her eyes hoping for a positive answer.

I nodded involuntarily as I stare at her. She’s still the same pretty Laraine Claire Stromberg I know. Although, her eyes were a bit puffy. Did she just cry? Why? She seems bothered.

“Come,” Her voice drew me back in my trance.

“Your car?” I said pointing out the black car-- which I just noticed-- parked just beside us.

She nodded and opens the car door. I climbed to the passenger seat. She ignited the engine and we sped down the street. The atmosphere suddenly became awkward. I don’t know why but nervousness somehow grew inside me.

It was a few minutes later when I decided to speak. “H-how’s Mr. Stromberg?”

“William is doing good. He still has the passion in music, like Wesley and K-keaton.” I saw her bit her lip after she mentioned Keaton’s name.

“W-why are you here? Keaton told me you chose to stay in Australia when he decided to come back here.”

“Let’s talk about that matter later. For now, I want to ask you about him. How is he?”

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion. “Huh? I bet he’s doing fine. Why’d you ask?”

“I actually just landed and went straight ahead here to talk to you.”

I looked at her and she has something hidden behind those eyes. “M-me? Why?”

Instead of answering, she just kept driving. Her silence made me want to ask more questions but I decided keep my mouth shut and reserved all of it once we reached our destination. I can feel something’s up and that made me nervous. Why does she want to talk to me? After a moment, she parked her car and went out. I followed her as she walk inside the restaurant.

It’s an Italian restaurant. There were still people dining. People’s eyes are on us… Uh, no. They were on me. I don’t have to wonder why. I guess they know me.

“Greyson cheated on her, right?”

I fight the urge not to look at the girl who just spoke and kept walking.

“Yeah. I pity her.”

That made me stop. Yeah, right. Now everyone pities me because they think he cheated on me when in fact, we’re over so whatever he’s doing with Lauren right now is just okay. I bit my lip to prevent my tears from falling. Laraine must’ve noticed I stopped following her so she turned around, walked towards me and held my hand. “Come on. Don’t mind them.” We both walk until we reached the deserted part of the restaurant. She chose a table for two and sat down. I did the same thing.

“Can I take your orders ma’am?” A man in about his late twenty’s approached us. I just looked up at him and then back to Laraine who was now scanning the menu. I don’t want anything to eat right now. I just want to know Laraine’s reasons.”I’ll have Pasta with Zucchini and Toasted Almonds and iced tea.” The she turned to me. What’s yours?”

“Iced tea would be fine.”

“Are you sure?”

I just nodded and gave her a light smile.

The waiter repeated our orders and walked away. So, while waiting for our order, I guess it would be okay if we start the conversation now. I took a deep breath before speaking.

“L-Laraine,”

She heaved out a sigh. “I know you have lots of questions you want to ask me. I have lots of things I wanted to say too. But, can you wait until we finish our food?”

“But, what are we going to talk about?”

“It’s about Keaton.”

~*~

A/N: OKAY. WHAT ABOUT KEATON? AND... OH, LAUREN. (;

60 VOTES AND 50 COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. I'm not being the 'demanding' author here. I'm just giving you the chance for a faster update. Meaning, the update will depend on you. But please, if you read the author's note I posted yesterday, I stated there to READ THE CHAPTER FIRST BEFORE VOTING AND COMMENTS LIKE "UPDATE", "NEXT PLEASE" AND "UPDATE SOON" WILL NOT APPEAL TO ME. And besides, I'M STILL BASING THE DEDICATIONS ON YOUR COMMENTS.

Once again, I wanna say sorry for everyone who thinks I'm such an inconsiderate writer. I'm really sorry for making you wait this long. I know this chapter didn't meet your expectations. I swear to God, I'm really trying to make this story as good as I can. If you're not liking where the story is going, you can freely leave. I won't ask you to stay because it's my fault. I am sorry for wasting your time on reading this.

And, if you're a reader of HAYG and IHB up until this chapter, I love you. Thank you for waiting. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.8K 2.3K 40
Him: I hate myself. For what I did to her, for leaving, for everything. But what was I supposed to do? Love her while letting myself destruct? Now I...
73 3 11
"Love me again" The words you uttered when I was about to leave. I didn't look back, didn't even notice your tears. I just walked away. Brenda is a...
193K 6K 39
"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to know you. To know the way you react to th...
35.6K 1.1K 31
"I love you," Johnny murmured, clutching my wrist to the point I could not pull away no matter how much I tried. "Stop it," I snapped, "Stop saying...