Bugs, Boys and Boxes (Amphibi...

By VoltzyVoltz

The Calamity Box is an ancient relic from amphibia, capable of helping the user travel through worlds. Howeve... More

Through the portal
Beach bug or bed bug
Cane't hold us by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
Nestfriends
Pizza tower
Y/N's gone mad
Bad bugs, whatcha want, whatcha want, whatcha gonna do?
Sussus Froggus
Snail Tales
Is this a good F-Anne-fic?
Boss Sprig
The Human Way
Love Frogs
Anne-xtreme Camping
Nurse Y/N
Visiting The Family
Saving Stumpy's Super Sick Saloon
The Travelling Bug Circus
The IRS will never get my taxes
Y/N's Theme Song Takeover
Grubhog Day- 1993 starring Y/N Murray
Drop it like it's Hop, drop it like it's Pop
War-twood
Authors Note
Polly and Y/N
The Bazaar Bizarre ... or was it the other way around?
Mordecanne, Sprigby and Y/Nson
A Huge Thank You
Forgiveness is a dish best served sung
Pheromonial Outbursts
Ba-dee-ya, say, do you remember? Ba-dee-ya, partyin' in Wartwood-ember
Toad Tower Trouble
Start of Season 2 Authors Note
New Season, New Start
Team Y/N-Pop: Where the fun will never start
The Sorta-Sibling Special!
ART MOTHERFUCKERSSSSSSSS
EAT THE RICH
The Stranger From the Portal and A Failed Mission
M-M-M-M-Marcy Woooooooooooo
The Newtopia Scavenger Hunt

Hop-Trump vs Joe Toadstool

339 7 3
By VoltzyVoltz

Anne, Hop Pop, Polly and Y/N entered the darkly lit Plantar home, each holding bags of food.

Anne: Hey, Hop Pop! Got the groceries!

Polly: Couldn't buy much since we've barely got any money left.

Y/N: We are officially in squalor. What does ... what does that word mean?

Sprig: Feeling any better, Hop Pop?

Hop Pop: No. Ever since we lost the vegetable stand I've just felt, well, lost. I was fine the first couple of days, but it's really starting to catch up with me.

Y/N: How did we lose the vegetable stand again Hop Pop?

Hop Pop gave a loud sigh and scratched the stubble across his chin and leaned into Y/N's ear to whisper.

Hop Pop: Don't you remember, Y/N?

Flashback to a chapter that had no potential in being funny

Hop Pop: Alright Y/N, I need you to guard the wagon whilst I go back and get some more produce for the stand. Be back in a jiff!

As Y/N waved Hop Pop off, he felt a strange pulling sensation as he found himself being dragged through the air seemingly by magic whilst a sweet scent wafted through his nose.

Y/N: Hey! Hey! Put me down cartoonish magic! I don't want .... Wow. Now what is that smell.

His levitating body followed the scent and he found himself at the candy cart; owned by Barry the ever so happy salesman.

Barry: Well hey there chum! Did my sweet scents bring you over?

Y/N: Not with my consent they didn't, but wow what is that smell?

Barry: Well those are my new berry blast fizzy pops! Care for taste?

Y/N: I do! But ... Hop Pop asked me to guard the vegetable stand.

Barry: Plantar's cart? Well ... how about we make a deal? I give you all of my berry blasts and all you have to do is hand over Hopediah's stand.

Y/N: I couldn't! Hop Pop trusted me to guard it and I couldn't- gimme gimme gimme!

Y/N took the lot of the sweets and Barry tipped his hat.

Barry: Pleasure doing business with ya.

And before Y/N had enough time to turn around, the stand was gone.

Present day

Y/N: Oh yeah. Thanks for not telling the others ... I don't know what they'd think of me if they found out.

Hop Pop: Dont mention it. But without a way to make money, we'll be out of food in no time.

Anne: Well, maybe this will cheer you up. Pa-pow!

Anne took out a flyer from her pocket showing a new job advertisement for the supermarket.

Sprig: The Grub-N-Go's hiring greeters! All you gotta do is smile and be friendly.

Hop Pop: Just another job for me to lose.

Sprig dragged him off the couch to get him to stand up straight.

Sprig: See? You're a natural.

Anne: Now head out there and get back in the game.

Anne tried to push Hop Pop out the door but he clinger onto the walls and the door in desperation.

Hop Pop: Let me go! The couch is the only one who understands me!

As Anne and Y/N used all their strength to push him out the house, Anne turned to Y/N.

Anne: Maybe you should go with him, Y/N. Make sure he actually goes to the interview.

Y/N nodded and quickly followed Hop Pop as they walked together to the interview. He waited outside the supermarket while he waited for the interview to end. A few minutes later, Hop Pop walked out the supermarket looking worse than before.

Male Frog: Thank you, Mr. Plantar. Don't call us, we'll call you.

Y/N: I take it the interview didn't go too well?

As they began to walk back to the house, a rush of frogs ran past them and to the bulletin board in the town centre.

Villager: Got to get ready!

Hop Pop: What's all this rabble?

Wally: Sign-ups for the election! You been living under a rock? 'Cause I have and even I knew that.

Hop Pop: Election?

The two went to the town hall and saw Toadstool making a speech to the crowd.

Toadstool: Vote Mayor Toadstool! If reelected, I will always look out for the little guy.

After he said this, he used Toadie like a stepping stool to get onto his snail.

Toadstool: Upsy-daisy.

Toadie and Toadstool drove off on the snail, spraying dust everywhere and making everyone cough.

Hop Pop: Some mayor. That guy keeps raising our taxes, and what do we got to show for it? Our snail-ways are a mess. Our buildings are falling apart. Heck, we ain't even replaced the schoolhouse after last year's millipede incident!

The children who were playing in the rubble of the school scream as a millipede lurches out of it.

Y/N: Hop Pop ...

Felicia: Am I crazy, or is he making sense?

Hop Pop: Maybe we need a mayor who looks out for the people he's mayoring. 'Cause ours, well... He's only looking out for himself. Anyway, good afternoon, everybody.

As Hop Pop walked off, Y/N got the perfect idea. He could repay Hop Pop and get the family back in business.

Y/N: Hop Pop for mayor everyone! Elect Hop Pop today for a mayor who really thinks about their people!

Wally: I nominate Hopediah Plantar for mayor!

Felicia: I second that!

Villager: I third it.

Villager: Let's hear it for Hopediah!

Villager: Sounds good to me.

Felicia: Hop Pop for mayor, everyone.

Hop Pop rushed back and leaned in to Y/N's ear.

Hop Pop: Boy, what are you doing?

Y/N: Just trust me. We can do this.

As they walked back to the Plantar farm, Y/N managed to bring Hop Pop's confidence on the idea up and as they got back, he was fully on board.

Hop Pop: Guess what, kids!

Anne: You passed the interview?

Sprig: You got the job?

Hop Pop: Nope! I'm running for mayor.

All: Huh?

Hop Pop: Don't you see, kids? If I win this election, I'll prove once and for all that Hopediah Plantar ain't no loser!

Y/N: And, when he gets the job we'll be rich.

The three turned into each other and huddled, whispering secretly to eachother.

Hop Pop: Umm, Y/N, what're they whispering about?

Y/N: Ohh, uhhh. Probably about how good you're gonna be as mayor!

Hop Pop: Huh, well how 'bout that.

The three exited the huddle and turned to Hop Pop.

Anne: Hop Pop, we're all in!

Hop Pop: Really? Aw, kids. I won't let you down. If anyone needs me, I'll be in the bathroom practicing my distinguished expression!

Anne: Ugh. Politics are the worst.

Polly: Yeah. The monster fights are pretty cool, though.

Anne: The what now?

Later that day, Hop Pop and Toadstool were stood outside a cave whilst the crowd cheered behind them.

Toadstool: You've made a powerful enemy today, Hopediah. Toads have run uncontested for decades. This is a disgrace.

Hop Pop: The only disgrace is you as mayor.

Mrs. Croaker: Oh, I like this Hopediah.

Villager: I don't know. Toadstool is tried and true.

As the crowd simmered down, Albus Duckweed came before them and announced the first trial.

Duckweed: Ahem! Welcome to the official mayoral trials, where the candidates try to win your vote.

Anne: I'm suddenly very interested in politics.

Duckweed: Our first trial is all about strength. The first candidate to mount the beetle wins!

There was a whistling sound from Duckweed as a beetle roared inside the cave and Y/N gulped nervously.

Beetle: OI I WILL SHAG YOU UP BLOOD.

Y/N: Uhh, Hop Pop! Are you sure you'll be able to do this?

But before Hop Pop could answer him, Duckweed had already signalled them inside.

Duckweed: Ready, set, go!

Toadstool tried and failed to mount the raging beetle, being thrown off in process.

Toadstool: Oh, my giblets! I've got you! No, I don't!

Hop Pop waved around a red banner to try and grab the beetle's attention.

Hop Pop: Hey! Come and get it.

The beetle roared and charged at Hop Pop which he was able to jump over and mount it's back. Y/N was able to breathe a sigh of relief as they moved onto a second trial. They were stood infront of a birds nest with three chirping chicks inside.

Duckweed: The second trial is about sensitivity. Can you figure out what these hatchlings need? A good mayor would.

Toadstool confidently strutted up to the nest with a smug look on his face.

Toadstool: I know what these dumb birds want. Money. All right, all right. Here's your handout.

He threw gold coins at the baby birds who instantly began pecking him whilst he ran off.

Toadstool: Oh! Oh!

Toadie: There, there, sir.

Hop Pop: Hmm...

Hop Pop chewed up some words in his mouth and let the birds feed from it like a bowl.

Crowd: Aww...

As Hop Pop came back from the nest, he gave Y/N a confident high-five.

Sprig: That's how he fed us when we were babies.

Just then, the mother bird returned back to the nest and squawked at the crowd as they all screamed and dispersed to the next trial.

Duckweed: Being mayor is a lot like being dropped in the woods naked and forced to find your way home. So that's what we did!

The crowd gasped as a naked Hop Pop emerged from the woods, being lead by Jeremy the beetle.

Hop Pop: Thanks for showing me the way, Jeremy. Safe travels, brother.

As the crowd cheered, Jeremy went back to his colony.

Polly: Yeah! Whoo!

All: Hop Pop! Hop Pop!

As Hop Pop was being praised, Mayor Toadstool snuck around behind his back sneakily.

Toadstool: This is getting out of hand, Toadie. I could actually lose! Looks like we'll have to stop him..the old-fashioned way. Illegally.

That night, Hop Pop and Y/N were preparing for the final trial.

Sprig: Excited for the final trial tomorrow, Hop Pop?

Hop Pop: Not really. I know I've been doing well, but if I mess up tomorrow, it could cost us the election.

Y/N: Don't worry Hop Pop, I know you've got this.

There came a knocking at the door and a small figure covered in a hood stood outside the house.

Toadie: Mr. Plantar, an anonymous associate would like to speak with you and your ambassador.

Y/N: Do you mean the mayor?

Toadie: No comment.

Y/N: Come on, dude, you only know like one person. Are you two, like, dating or something?

Toadie gave a dreamy sigh.

Toadie: If only.

Toadie lead them outside and to Mayor Toadstool's wagon where he was sat inside ominously.

Toadstool: Ah, so glad you could join me, Plantar. I'll give it to you straight. I want you to lose tomorrow's trial.

Hop Pop: Well, yeah. I figured.

Y/N: I mean, you are our opponent.

Toadstool: No, you dimwit, lose on purpose! In return, I'll give you a new vegetable stand. Heck, I'll put it in the center of the market, tax free! You'll make tons of money.

Hop Pop seemed interested in the deal and
Y/N gave a mix look of horror and dread.

Hop Pop: That's, uh...hard to say no to.

Toadstool: Well, then, don't.

He kicked them out of the wagon and they both made the awkward walk back to the house.

Anne: Hey, Hop Pop. So, uh, what did the mayor want?

Hop Pop: If I lose on purpose, Toadstool will give us the stand back.

The kids all gasp as he tells them about the deal.

Anne: What? No! You've got a real chance to win.

Hop Pop: He'll also make us rich. We'd be set for life.

Y/N: None of that matters Hop Pop! If we can win that election, we'll have everything we ever want!

Hop Pop: We'll see kids, we'll see ...

The next day, Hop Pop and Toadstool were stood face to face inside a boxing ring.

Duckweed: Ladies and gentlephibians, you know the candidates, you've seen 'em fight monsters. But for the final challenge, you'll see them fight...each other!

The audience applauses as the two ready themselves for the oncoming fight.

Duckweed: Now you both know the rules. Fight starts as soon as the bell rings.

An old frog next to the bell wakes up suddenly and startled.

Old frog: What? Ring the bell?

The bell rings and Hop Pop and Toadstool begin boxing. Whilst Toadstool managed to beat Hop Pop initially, Hop Pop came back and slammed into his face from the railings.

Toadstool: Ow! Okay, Plantar! You've put on a good show but... that's enough!

Hop Pop: This can't be good.

Toadstool smashed his fist into Hop Pop's face and he collapses onto the floor.

Toadstool: Like we talked about. Stay down, Plantar.

Hop Pop looked around at the crowd who all cheered for him to get up. He watched as everyone cheered for him except one. He and Y/N locked eyes as tears rolled down his face.

Y/N: It's all my fault ...

Just then, Hop Pop  managed to push himself back up and throw a punch back at Toadstool.

Toadstool: What are you, crazy? You could have been rich. You could've had your stand back. All you had to do was give up! Why?

Hop Pop: Because this is about more than just me!

He punched Toadstool in the face and he collapsed to the ground.

Duckweed: That's a knockout!

Old frog: Huh? Ring the bell!

The bell rang again and the whole crowd cheered. Y/N ran up onto the ring and carried Hop Pop around on his shoulders as the crowd cheered his name. Later that day, Toadstool, Hop Pop and Duckweed were all on stage in the town centre for the votes to be announced.

Duckweed: Well, folks, that wraps up the trials. Now it's time to tally the votes! With 88 votes, 100% of Wartwood, Hopediah Plantar!

Hop Pop: What? I won?

The crowd cheered as Hop Pop's name was announced.

Y/N: Wooo! Yeah! Wait, 100%? Does that mean Toadie voted for Hop Pop too?

Duckweed: And with 22,000 votes, the entire rest of the Valley, Mayor Toadstool!

Hop Pop: What?

Duckweed: Congratulations, sir.

Toadstool: Thank you. Thank you all. You're all too kind. Democracy wins again!

The crowd groaned and dispersed as Mayor Toadstool took back his mayor ribbon. Y/N went up on stage and joined Hop Pop.

Toadstool: Well, you certainly gave this toad a run for his money. Good thing you didn't win though, huh? A frog beating a toad. That would have made headlines! Just be proud the whole town loved ya. I'm surprised the rest of the valley didn't.

Hop Pop: How was I supposed to know the rest of the valley got a vote? I'm a theater major, for cricket's sake!

Toadstool: Wait, wait now. You didn't campaign outside Wartwood? Oh, son. That's just sad. Really is. Almost takes the joy out of my victory.

Toadie then appeared around the corner of the stage.

Toadie: The victory piñata is all set up in the lobby, sir.

Toadstool: Well, I did say "almost." Wahoo! Piñata! I'm gonna hit it.

Toadstool left gleefully as he celebrated his victory with Toadie.

Y/N: You okay, Hop Pop?

Hop Pop: Yep! I've never felt better!

Y/N: But ... you lost? That is how maths works right? 22,000 is more than 88?

Hop Pop: I may have lost, but I stood my ground and fought for something important. And that feels good.

Y/N: Huh, I guess so.

The townsfolk began to reappear and approached the two.

Wally: Hopediah? Uh, may we have a word?

They lead them back to the market and showed off a brand new vegetable stand.

Felicia: We all pitched in and built you a stand. For giving us something better than produce...

Wally: Hope.

Mrs. Croaker: You've made us all proud.

Hop Pop: I may have lost the race, but I'm back at the market with all of you. And that makes me a winner. This is perfect. I wouldn't have put the root vegetables with the tubers, though. It's not important. I'll fix it later.

As the crowd left and thanked Hop Pop, they went to check out the new stand.

Y/N: Hey, uhh, Hop Pop? Sorry I pushed you so hard in the election. I guess I just wanted to make up for being so crummy.

Hop Pop: Crummy? Now Y/N, you may be many things but crummy is not one of them. You pushed me because you cared and wanted this family to feel better and that makes you great.

Hop Pop hugged Y/N around the legs and he hugged back.

Y/N: The radishes would most definitely look better in that corner there wouldn't they?

Hop Pop: Hehe, they sure would.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.4K 4.7K 34
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
2.2M 115K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
292K 27.3K 64
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
1M 33.6K 60
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...