Three Promises || Lee Know

By BlackLily_17

She was a girl with a lot of secrets. He was a boy who wanted to figure out what she was hiding. *** Choi Is... More

Author's Note
Characters Introduction
1 | New Friends
2 | Love At First Sight?
3 | Painting Buddies
4 | Just Shut Up, Squirrel Brain
5 | Is Someone Jealous?
6 | This Is Jureumi
7 | I Thought We Were Friends
8 | Iseul's Story
9 | Lies
10 | Truth and Dare
11 | Thief
12 | Daddy Privilege
13 | Truth
14 | Part Time Jobs
15 | Kidnapped
16 | Women Are Scary Creatures
17 | Upcoming Storm
18 | Desperate For Gossip
19 | Sleeping Beauty
20 | Voices
21 | Sweet Moments
22 | Don't Run Away
23 | Like White Flowers
24 | Transfer Student
25 | Heartbreak
27 | Fallen Apart
28 | Never Me
29 | Arcade
30 | Home
31 | Runs in the Family

26 | Forgotten

298 22 34
By BlackLily_17

(A/N: Double update, read chapter 25 first.)

***

Choi Iseul

Ever since the day Jiyeon was introduced to our group, I slowly began drifting away from everyone.

She was everywhere. All the time. She seemed to have made friends with everyone, and because of her presence, it felt like everyone was forgetting my existence.

I tried not to think about it, since it was a choice I made myself, but that insecure part of my mind always came up with one thought.

Jiyeon was replacing me.

It wasn't that everyone wasn't talking to me anymore. They did, but unlike before, no one questioned my absence. I was kinda happy for that, but it also made something in my heart harden.

Seungmin was there most of the times, but even his presence couldn't take away that uneasiness that I was starting to feel.

Yuna and Jiyeon got along really well, and Eunseol hung out with them more often.

And Minho? He suddenly stopped walking home with me one day. I don't know what caused it, but it hurt.

It hurt even more when I got to know he had started walking home with Yuna.

I sighed as I watched out of the window, barely paying attention to the teacher.

Minho was right next to me... But was I willing to strike up a conversation?

"Be prepared, kids! Test tomorrow!" Said our chemistry teacher.

Multiple students groaned as class ended with this disastrous news.

And just like that, another uneventful day came to an end. I had work today at the restaurant, and I also had to go on a study session with Seungmin.

"Hey Iseul!" A voice came, making my head turn in the direction of the voice.

"I barely see you these days. Wanna hang out with us?" Yuna asked, having a pout on her face. "Don't tell me that you're going somewhere with Seungmin again!"

"Yuna, I really wish I could but-"

"Noo.. please come. Please? It's just a girls day out!" She pleaded.

Eunseol appeared from behind, a questioning look evident on her face.

"Uhh..." I searched for words, turning my head in Seungmin's direction only to find that he was listening in on our conversation. He gave a slight nod, and I understood what he wanted.

"Go with them." He mouthed in my direction.

I turned to answer the girls, but I caught Minho looking at me as he packed his bag. He just passed me a small smile and got up to leave.

"Alright. When do we meet?"

***

I was waiting for a text from Yuna, who had said that she would text me the details of our girls evening out later.

She said she would text by four... I had to leave for work at seven, so I hoped she messaged soon.

I waited and waited, and when minutes finally turned into an hour, I decided to call them.

The phone was picked up in a few rings.

"Oh, Iseul?" Yuna's voice came.

"Um, you didn't text me the time." I said hesitantly.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! We totally forgot about you!" She said in a haste.

Huh? Forgot about me?

"Actually, we met Minho and Hyunjin on the way and then Ji-"

"When did you guys meet up?" I asked, my voice coming out harsher than I intended it to be.

"Around 4:15. I'm sorry Iseul, we're coming to pick you up right this minute." She said apologetically.

"Is Eunseol with you guys?" I asked, not responding to what she said.

"Well yeah, she's busy shopping."

That hurt, I don't know why. Did Eunseol forget me as well? Weren't they the ones to ask me to join them in the first place? Then why did all of them end up forgetting me?

"We'll be there in a minute! See you soon!" Her voice came. And before I could say anything else, she hung up.

I dropped my phone on the bed, not feeling any emotions anymore.

What was I supposed to feel anyway? It was as if my social life was completely falling apart.

I wish I had realised back then that something way worse was about to come.

***

"Hi." Eunseol said apologetically as I walked with her behind the rest of the group.

I didn't say anything. Not because I didn't want to, but because my eyes were focused something else.

I had no idea Jiyeon would be there too. She passed me a smile which made me sick to my core.

I felt like throwing up.

"Earth to Iseul." Eunseol said, waving her hand in front of my face.

"Huh? Oh... What were you saying?"

"I hope you're not mad at us." She said, genuinely sounding sad. However, I didn't miss how off her tone was sounding.

What was going on?

"It's... It's alright. I understand." I said, putting on my best fake smile.

Showing fake smiles was starting to become a second nature.

"Wasn't it just going to be a girl's evening out though? Why are Hyunjin and Minho here?" I found myself asking despite the churning in my stomach.

"Um... You see, Yuna really insisted on calling them here. And besides, Jiyeon really wanted to be introduced to Minho and Seungmin properly, but Seungmin couldn't make it." Eunseol explained. "I'm sure you already knew that though,"

Something was off. I didn't know where to begin from. Was it the way Eunseol was talking to me now, or was it Jiyeon wanting to get closer to Minho and Seungmin?

Why was I feeling that something was amiss?

Minho's laughter brought me back to reality. I watched the group ahead laughing and talking, when suddenly, Jiyeon turned towards me and Eunseol.

"Eunseol! Come on!" She called out, not even acknowledging me

"Coming!" Said my best friend. And within a second, she was walking ahead as well.

Only when she realised that I didn't follow her, Eunseol motioned me to join her.

Hesitantly, I walked ahead to get besides Hyunjin, who passed me a warm smile.

"I've been noticing you're staying way quiet these days. Is everything good?" He asked when the others were busy talking with Jiyeon.

"Huh? Yeah. I guess so..." I answered.

"By the way, don't worry about everyone finding out. We know you don't want it to be public yet so we're giving you two time alone." Said Hyunjin.

His words only confused me.

"Wait, what are you talking about?" I asked, feeling the pit in my stomach increase.

"Oh, I thought I was being obvious. I was talking about you and Seungmin. You're dating, right? Jiyeon told us she saw you two on a date a few days ago." He said nonchalantly.

My feet froze in their tracks.

"She what?" I whispered, not believing my ears. "Hyunjin... Tell me who else knows this?" I asked, my voice shaking a little.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stress you out-"

"Who else knows? Just tell me." I interrupted him.

"Um, just me, Eunseol, Yuna and Minho at the moment." He answered uncertainly.

And I felt my entire world disappear in that moment. I was starting to feel nauseous. It probably wasn't that big of a deal, but in that moment, I couldn't regain my balance.

What was Jiyeon upto? Why was she doing this?

I needed to confront her. This couldn't continue any longer.

Bringing a neutral mask on my face again, I increased my pace as a weird kind of determination filled me.

At that moment we decided to head towards a local cafe. Everyone went to give their orders, and Hyunjin insisted on giving mine so I let him.

It was just me and Minho who were at the table.

I realised not striking a conversation with him anymore wasn't going to do me any good. Even though he probably liked Yuna, I felt like I needed to clear things with him.

"Hey, Minho?" I called out.

He just hummed, not looking up from his phone.

Why did that hurt?

"Uh, did you happen to hear anything about me from someone...?" I hesitantly approached.

At that, his head turned up.

"Oh, you mean about you dating Seungmin? Don't worry, I won't tell anyone." He said.

"No that's-"

"Guys we're back!" Chaeryeong announced, interrupting me as everyone got back after ordering. Eunseol and Hyunjin sat on the either side of me and got back into a conversation right there.

Throughout the evening, I didn't get to talk to Minho again. It was suffocating. There were so many things I wanted to say, but none came out.

And to make things worse, Jiyeon stared at me the whole time.

When it got too much, I excused myself to go to the restroom, no one really acknowledging since I wasn't speaking much anyway.

I shut myself in a stall, taking deep breaths as I tried to calm down my racing heart. When I thought I was feeling better, I stepped out.

What I didn't expect was to come face to face with Song Jiyeon herself.

***

*Cue evil laughter*

I've been into crocheting these past few days so I lost a track of time, hence the late update. I'm sorryyy I'll try to be more consistent from now <3

See you all later mwah!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

910K 20.9K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
368K 9.9K 38
an instagram hwang hyunjin fanfiction. 🍬 ⋆ 🍒 🎀 𝓈𝓀𝓏 𝒽𝒽𝒿 🎀 🍒 ⋆ 🍬 (make sure you are reading this on the right order of the chapters bec...
15.7K 463 17
"I don't need your help. I don't need anyone's help. Who do you think you are?" - A Lee Know fanfiction Started: 15.04.2022 Finished 15.07.2022
7K 200 12
never in a million years would you think that you would be in a ARRANGED MARRIAGE, but the thing is it's awkward. but u watch him grow up into a kpop...