๐“๐ก๐ž ๐–๐จ๐จ๐๐ฌ ๐€๐ซ๐ž ๐‚๐š...

By moonsgaurdian

"It wasn't too hard to figure out that you were the one. Imprinting on you only just set it in stone." ... More

๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ ๐‘พ๐‘ถ๐‘ถ๐‘ซ๐‘บ ๐‘จ๐‘น๐‘ฌ ๐‘ช๐‘จ๐‘ณ๐‘ณ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ
๐‘ฎ๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ท๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ช ๐‘ฎ๐‘จ๐‘ณ๐‘ณ๐‘ฌ๐‘น๐’€
๐‘ป๐‘น๐‘จ๐‘ฐ๐‘ณ๐‘ฌ๐‘น
๐‘จ๐‘ช๐‘ป ๐‘ถ๐‘ต๐‘ฌ
โฐยน, FIRST DAY JITTERS
โฐยฒ, THE REUNION
โฐยณ, CAR OIL
โฐโด, LA PUSH, BABES
โฐโต, PROM DRESSES AND CATCALLS
โฐโถ, A SECRET LET SLIPPED
โฐโท, AN APOLOGY
โฐโธ, AWKWARD GATHERINGS
โฐโน, TOLERANCE
ยนโฐ, PROGRESS
ยนยน, OLD PHOTOGRAPHS
ยนยฒ, THE VISION
ยนยณ, TWIN FLAMES
ยนโด, TWIN FLAMES PT. 2
ยนโต, STAY AT HOME PROM
๐‘จ๐‘ช๐‘ป ๐‘ป๐‘พ๐‘ถ
ยนโถ, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
ยนโท, BLOODY CELEBRATIONS
ยนโธ, MISSING
ยนโน, FOUND
ยฒโฐ, ADRENALINE JUNKIE
ยฒยน, MOTORCYCLE FASCINATION
ยฒยฒ, MOTOR-INCIDENT
ยฒยณ, FACE-PUNCH
ยฒโด, BEDROOM CHAOS
ยฒโต, INITIATION
ยฒโถ, NOMADIC VAMPIRES
ยฒโท, THE BEDROOM WINDOW
ยฒโธ, WOLFY ENCOUNTERS
ยฒโน, MUFFINS AND MISUNDERSTANDINGS
ยณโฐ, DREAMS
ยณยฒ, VAMPIRE VISITS
ยณยณ, ECLIPSING DECISIONS
ยณโด, CHOICES
๐‘จ๐‘ช๐‘ป ๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘น๐‘ฌ๐‘ฌ

ยณยน, FACING SHADOWS

798 38 7
By moonsgaurdian

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter thirty-one; Facing Shadows
" I just don't want to hurt you. "

As Rowan lay unconscious beneath the water's surface, time passed slowly. Shadows moved gently in the depths, unaware of the drama unfolding above.

Suddenly, a strong arm reached down, pulling Rowan up to the surface and laying her on the cold sand. She slowly regained consciousness, the sound of waves crashing helping to bring her back to reality.

With a gasp, Rowan's eyes opened, and she found herself on the shore, disoriented and shaken. Memories of the recent danger flooded back to her, and she realized the narrow escape she'd just had.

As Rowan's blurry vision cleared, she found herself staring into Jacob's concerned eyes. He hovered over her, his expression filled with worry, his face too close for comfort.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Jacob said, watching her cough up the rest of the water.

"Bella tried to jump." Rowan croaked, "I had to stop her."

As if on cue, Bella came running down the shore, her expression a mix of concern and relief. She hurried over to where Rowan lay, her eyes darting between Rowan and Jacob. Worried lines creased her forehead as she took in the scene before her, clearly anxious to know what had happened.

Rowan slowly sat up, feeling a bit weak. Jacob was sure to grab her by the hand and back, allowing her to be as comfortable as possible. Rowan and Jacob then both turned their attention to Bella.

Jacob's expression was tinged with a hint of frustration, not quite understanding why Bella had put Rowan in such a precarious situation. Rowan, on the other hand, felt a surge of annoyance at Bella's impulsive actions, wondering why she would even consider jumping in the first place.

"What in the world was that, Bella?" Rowan spat, angry at her choice of actions. "Do you have any idea on what happened just now because of you?"

Bella looked down at the sand below her, unable to match their piercing gazes. "I... I see him sometimes... When I do things like that. It's like... he's talking to me, telling me not to do things that give me the rush."

Rowan observed Bella, her brow furrowed with concern. Despite her deep understanding of magic, she recognized that what Bella described didn't align with any known spells or enchantments.

With a gentle yet firm tone, she addressed the lovesick girl, hoping to offer clarity. "Bella, I just want you to know, in case you're thinking it's some kind of magic or spell, it's not. What you're experiencing, it's all in your head. You need to stop putting yourself into dangerous situations just because of something you're seeing in your mind. Victoria is on the loose, and I just saw her. It nearly cost me my life. And I know if Edward was here, he wouldn't be wanting you to do such idiotic things as this! He left you, he's not coming back."

Abruptly, none other than Sam himself burst through the forest, his face stern and resolute as he made his way to the water's edge. With purposeful steps, he came closer to the group, his demeanor commanding and intense as he surveyed the scene before him.

"Get Bella home! I'm going to go help out at Harry's place!" He yelled from across them, before disappearing once more.

Rowan looked over at Jacob, confused. "What's happening over there? Is everyone alright?"

"Harry clearwater had a heart attack." Jacob answered truthfully, "The coven, Charlie, and my dad are over at his place with his family."

"Is he okay?" Bella asked, but Rowan couldn't shake the awful tingling feeling in her stomach. Witch's intuition.

"He's gone." Jacob said, looking down sadly.

Rowan quickly brought her hand to her mouth, eyes watering as she processed the devastating news. The Quileute Tribe was deeply connected to her coven, and Harry's death struck her to the core. She wondered about Seth and Leah's grief, knowing that Lilura and Sacha were likely already offering their support. The loss was incomprehensible, and Rowan couldn't fathom the pain they were experiencing.

"Oh my gods." Rowan sobbed.

"I know." Jacob said sadly, "But come on. I'll get you dry. We have to take Bella home."

*   *   *

Bella climbed into her truck, the engine sputtering to life as she prepared to depart. Meanwhile, Rowan, feeling the chill of her recent encounter with the water, relinquished the driver's seat to Jacob.

Although she possessed the ability to ward off the cold, the discomfort of wetness lingered, prompting her to allow Jacob to take the wheel as she sat beside him while wrapped in Jacob's blanket. With a shared concern for Bella's well-being, particularly given Victoria's continued threat, they made the decision to tail her, ensuring she reached home safely.

As Jacob guided Rowan's car onto the road, they fell into line behind Bella's truck, their headlights casting elongated shadows on the darkened pavement. The night air was thick with tension.

The drive felt interminable as they trailed behind Bella, the silence between them heavy with unspoken worry. Rowan's gaze flickered to Jacob, noting the furrowed lines etched across his brow, a mirror of her own concern. Despite the urgency of their mission, there was an underlying sense of calmness in Jacob's demeanor, a silent reassurance that they would navigate through the night's uncertainties together.

"You cold?" Jacob asked, looking at the damp girl who was not shivering an ounce.

"No, just uncomfortably wet." Rowan responded, tugging at her soaked shirt.

"Oh?" He asked with surprise.

"Witches can keep regulate bodily temperature if we use our magic." She told Jacob.

"So can I. But we just never get cold." Jacob said, "It's a wolf thing."

"No." Rowan spoke quietly, avoiding contact with him. "It's a Jacob thing. Even before the big change you've always been like your own sun. Inside and out."

Jacob shifted in his seat from beside her, attempting to keep his eyes on the road. They followed Bella's truck along the winding road. Despite feeling Rowan's warmth beside him, an unfamiliar tension knotted his chest, a mix of worry and longing. He stole a glance at her, noticing the way her damp hair framed her face, the faint moonlight casting a soft glow.

Without speaking, Jacob reached out, his hand brushing against Rowan's arm lightly. It was a subtle gesture, a silent reassurance of his presence. In response, Rowan leaned into his touch, a small smile playing at the corners of her lips. In that simple exchange, they found solace in each other's company, a silent acknowledgment of their bond.

Finally, Bella's truck turned onto her and Bella's street, the dim glow of streetlights illuminating the path to her home. Rowan's grip on the edge of her seat tightened as they approached, and finally stopped.

"Is this better, now that we're involved in each other's lives completely?" Jacob asked, turning towards the girl who was close to him.

"But..." Rowan said, waiting for him to continue. She knew his mind was on something worrisome.

"You know what happened to Emily. How Sam got angry. Lost it for a split second. And Em was standing too close. He'll never be able to take that back." He paused for a moment, as if he were studying every once of her features before continuing. "What if I got mad at you?"

"Jacob." Rowan soothed, "I know you could never hurt me."

"Sometimes..." He said, avoiding eye contact. "I feel like I'm gonna disappear."

Rowan sat up at his sudden emotional display and took him by the hands. "You know that's never going to happen. I'll never let that happen."

"How?" He asked her.

Rowan met Jacob's gaze with unwavering determination. "How? Because we'll face it together. We'll find a way, Jacob. Trust me. I understand your fears, but you're not alone in this."

"I just don't want to hurt you." Jacob croaked.

"I have faith in you, Jacob. You're stronger than you realize. And if you ever feel like you're losing control, I'll be right here to help you through it."

Their eyes locked in an intense gaze, the world around them seemingly fading away as they found themselves lost in the depths of each other's souls. In that moment, everything else ceased to exist, and all that mattered was the connection between them. Rowan could feel the warmth of Jacob's hands enveloping hers, a comforting presence in the midst of uncertainty.

As they leaned in closer, the tension between them thick, Jacob's breath mingled with hers, their lips mere inches apart. Time seemed to stand still as they hovered on the brink of a kiss, the anticipation electrifying the air around them. But just as their lips were about to meet, Jacob's voice broke them far apart.

"Wait." He whispered, his eyes scanning the darkness beyond the car. "There's a vampire."

Rowan's heart raced at the sudden change in atmosphere, her senses on high alert. She followed Jacob's gaze, her eyes widening in alarm as she spotted Bella stepping out of her truck. Panic surged through her veins as she realized the danger they were in.

"Oh my God, Bella's leaving her car." She exclaimed, her voice trembling with urgency. Without hesitation, she and Jacob sprang into action, rushing towards Bella with determination in their eyes.

As they reached her, Jacob wasted no time in warning her of the imminent threat. "There's a vampire close." he informed her, his voice grave with concern.

Bella's eyes widened in disbelief. "How do you know?" she asked, her voice tinged with fear.

"I can smell it." Jacob replied grimly, his senses on high alert as they prepared to face the danger that lurked in the shadows.

She then looked around, scanning her surroundings before spotting a familiar black car near her house. "That's Carlisle's. car. They're here."

In an instant she started walking closer to her house, which caused instant alarm for her two supernatural friends. Rowan quickly followed her, terrified. "Bella, what if it's a trick?"

"You should just come with us." Jacob said, walking with the girls.

"They won't hurt me." She assured them both.

"Look, if a Cullen is back here, this is their territory." Jacob explained, "The treaty says we can only defend on our own lands. I can't protect you here."

"Okay, that's okay. Neither of you two have to." Bella said.

"Bella, you're about to cross a real big line." Rowan pleaded, holding on to her friends wrist.

"Then don't draw one." She retorted, escaping from her grasp. "Please?"

As Bella began to walk towards the house, determination etched on her face, Rowan's heart pounded with worry. She glanced nervously at the closed door, then back at Jacob, a silent plea for reassurance.

"Please, Rowan, don't do this." Jacob urged, his voice laced with concern. But Rowan remained resolute, her mind set on following Bella into the potential danger.

"I have to." she insisted, her tone unwavering. "I need to make sure she's safe. Plus, the witches signed no treaty with the Cullens."

Despite the risks, Rowan knew that she couldn't let Bella face whatever was inside alone. With a determined nod, she squared her shoulders and followed Bella into the unknown, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

Rowan felt a pang of fear clutch at her heart as she made her decision, ignoring Jacob's protests. She took a deep breath, her mind filled with worry for her friend's safety.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

995K 25.9K 57
"๐’”๐’•๐’๐’‘ ๐’„๐’‚๐’๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Ž๐’†, ๐’Ž๐’๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’“. ๐‘ฐ๐’•'๐’” ๐’˜๐’†๐’“๐’Š๐’…." - ๐‘จ๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’Š๐’‚. ๐š˜๐š› ๐š’๐š— ๐š ๐š‘๐š’๐šŒ๐š‘ ๐šข๐š˜๐šž๐š› ๐šŠ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š›๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ ๐š๐š’๐š›๐š• ๐š ๐šŠ๐š”๐šŽ๐šœ ๐šž...
71.3K 2.3K 20
โ ๐˜ช ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ, ๐˜บ๐˜ข ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฌ. โž โ€• ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก . . . ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐šœ๐šœ๐š’๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š ๐šŠ๐š— ๐š•๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š›๐š—๐šœ ๐š๐š˜ ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š™๐šŽ ๐š ๐š’๐š๐š‘ ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š› ...
17.3K 898 13
[ brain โ€ข storm ] -a moment in which one is suddenly unable to think or act sensibly ! TW ! THIS BOOK CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING: SUBSTANCE ABUSE, H...
67.5K 2.3K 24
.ใ€€ . โ€ข โ˜† . ยฐ TWILIGHT.โ€ข ยฐ:. *โ‚Š ยฐ . โ˜† โYour feelings and mine are all lonely And dawn comes, you're there lying with me And you reach out to touch ...