Reborn as the worst

By K4iden_

Fighting all his life, trying to keep everyone save he cares about. Considered as a hero by the public but kn... More

Chapter 1 - The Offer
Chapter 2 - Early days
Chapter 3 - The Message
Chapter 4 - Let the training begin
Chapter 5 - Demon
Chapter 6 - The first step
Chapert 7 - Training
Chapter 8 - Arthur Leywin
Chapter 9 - Two Familys meet
Chapter 10 - Sparring
Chapter 11 - start of our adventur
Chapter 12 - Dungeon Raid
Chapter 13 - The Talk
Chapter 14 - Who am I?
Chapter 15 - Frost Valley
Chapter 16 - Frost Valley Pt. 2
Chapter 17 - Explanation
Chapter 18 - Dire Tombs Pt. 1
Chapter 19 - Dire Tombs Pt. 2
Chapter 20 - Dire Tombs Pt. 3
Chapter 21 - Time inbetween
Chapter 22 - First day of School
Chapter 23 - Life changing talks
Chapter 24 - Disciplinary Committee
Chapter 25 - Getting closer
Chapter 26 - Mock battle
Chapter 27 - What do they want?
Chapter 28 - Building trust
A/N
Chapter 29 - first day of training
Chapter 30 - Now he knows
Chapter 31 - A Warrior's Heart
Chapter 32 - New routes
Chapter 33 - One annoyance gone!
Side Story 1 - Our first Date
Side Story 2 - Love
Chapter 34 - Field trip Pt. 1
Chapter 35 - Field trip Pt. 2
Chapter 36 - Field trip Pt. 3
A/N
A/N
Chapter 37 - Field trip Pt. 4
Chapter 38 - Confrontation
Chapter 39 - Engagement Pt. 1
Chapter 40 - Engagement Pt. 2
Chapter 41 - Back to school

Chapter 42 - No idea how to name this chapter

125 5 1
By K4iden_

Arthur POV

Its been about four month since we have told our families about our relationship and a few things have happened.

My mom and Virion were quick to plan a perfect engagement ceremony, which honored both elven an human traditions. It didn't take them more then a week to agree on everything.

They presented their plans to Tess and me and what can I say. It was just perfect. The customs and rituals they chose from both cultures went hand in hand and worked really well together.

Although I would have been happy with something smaller and more humble I knew that it was necessary to be so ostentatious, with it being a royal event.

I mean it isn't everyday that the sole princess of a whole nation gets engaged, so it was understandable.

There was alot to prepare so Virion wasted no time and started immediately with the preparations.

Everything went fine untill we had to dicided which noble families we would invite for each race.

The race that was the easiest to dicided on were the elves, for obvious reasons. Virion said that he had an old friend that is an dwarven noble and that he is sure that said friend could suggest some good choices.

That left us with with the human nobles. I suggested to asked the Wykes, with them being the highest ranking noble family, only second to the royal family, they most definitely know who to to invite to such an event.

So we made our way to the Wykes estate. Ofcourse I just could have asked Lucas when I'm back in school but mom wanted to visit them in person.

As we arrived we were greeted by a maid that guided us to Mr. Wykes who upon seeing both Virion and Tess had a surprise and shocked look on his face.

He bowed respectfuly, which Virion dismissed immediately. Telling him that the family of the boy that saved not only his granddaughter but also disciple had no reason to be so formal with them.

Mr. Wykes brought us to the rest of his family. They all shared Mr. Wykes earlier expression except for Lucas ofcourse.

"Elder Virion." Bairon greeted, being the first to compose himself.

"Please Bairon, we aren't with the council, so be at ease." Virion replied.

"As you wish." Bairon nodded.

"Elder, princess it is an honor to meet you." Mrs. Wykes said joyfully.

"No, it is an honor to meet you. Your son helped my family greatly. Not only did he save my granddaughter but he also helped her in her training, which resulted in her reaching heights that I have only seen her reach in a few years." Virion retorted.

After a few more pleasantries we set down and Mr. Wykes asked for the reason for our visit.

"Although I'm happy to have you here, I belive there is a certain reson for you to visit us." He said getting abit more serious.

"There is. As you might already know Tessia and Arthur are about to be engaged and with this being a royal event it is required to invite a few noble families from each race, especially since the unification of the races." Virion begann, making it obvious what we are here for. "It was easy to chose wich elven nobles we invite and I have a friend in Darv that can help us in regards of the dwarven nobles. Same can't be said for you humans. Although I'm friends with Cynthia Goodsky, she herself dosen't know that much about the human nobles to give us good suggestions. Luckily Arthur's family are friends of yours, the most influential noble family in all of Sapin. Who is better suited to get suggestions from other then you. So if you would be so nice to help us out I would appreciat it." Virion explained.

Mr. and Mrs. Wykes agreed immediately and quickly gave us 5 families which they see suitable, with them being the fifth for obvious reasons.

They suggested the Bladeheart family, the Maxwell family, the Aurae family, the Harlod family. This name seemingly caught Lucas intrest and prompted him to asked if they really are a noble family.

This earned him a stern gaze from his mother and a scolding for not listening during his social etiquette.

Lucas flinched as he received his mother's wrath, what earned him laughter from all of us.

Anyways Virion thanked them and told them that an offical invitation would be deliver in a few days.

As we were about to leave they invited us to lunch and we graciously accepted the invite.

When we returned back home Gramps left for Zestier to prepare the ceremony. He said that he would inform us when everything was ready.

And unsurprisingly it didn't even take a week for him to contact us again.

All invites were delivered and all preparations completed. We only nedded to travel to Zestier and the ceremony could begin. So without further ado we did exactly that.

My family, the Helstea's and the Twin Horns arrived about two days before the actual event, so that we could settle in abit, because we would stay here for about two weeks in total as per elven culture.

Apparently it is custom for both families to spent at least a few weeks together to get familiar with each other.

The Twin Horns and Helstea's were reluctant at first, not wanting to interfere in auch a meaningful custom between my and Tess's family, but we reassured them that they deserve to be there, because for me they are family, no matter what anyone else says.

Lilia and Tess also had some issues with that, due to their positions as president and vice president of the Student Council. They didn't want to let to much work getting piled up or that the other three members would have to do their jobs.

Their worries were eased when Lucas and Caera offered to help out for those weekes.

The ceremony was really wonderful and even better then I had imagined.

The huge garden that Tess used to bring me to when we were younger was transformed to look more like a human wedding hall. The only difference being potted plants instead of flower petals and bouquet as decoration, to honor the elves love for natur.

There were alot of guests from all three races. The other royal families didn't attend but they send representatives. Bairon for the humans and Mica for the dwarves and I have to say I was really happy to see that she was chosen. Just the thought of having that traitor attend my engagement ceremony made me angry.

Director Goodsky was also present wich made Tess really happy. She sees her as a grandmother so her happiness was understandable.

From my friends only Lucas, Claire, Theodore and Elijah could come. With almost all of my friends being member of the Disciplinary Committee, not all of them could attend.

I decided to invite Elijah, because to be honest I have gotten really close to him ever since we started school. I know that I should be cautious around him but as of now he is a nice guy, who's company I enjoy alot.

Lucas said that the Elijah we see right now is most likly the real Elijah, how he would have been hadn't Agrona inserted Nico's memories in him.

And thanks to Lucas this Elijah will not be lost after the attack on the academy.

As the ceremony began I was extremly nervous. Tess and I stood at altar with Gramps, who acted as the officiater, due to him being the oldest of both families.

We exchanged engagement bracelet with each other and oathed to only love the other for the rest of our lives.

Tess's bracelet has a gunmetal silver color. Several little green gems are embedded in it, representing her plant magic.

Mine looks similar, it has a golden color and several multicolored gems are embedded in it, representing my affinity to all four basic elements.

We shared a long lasting and loving kiss officiating our engagement.

We celebrated the whole night. People drank, ate, talked and danced with each other.

It was really delightful.

The following two weeks were filled with training, shopping and overall spending time together. Those weeks were probably the best weeks of my life so far.

At the end of the second week we made our way back to Xyrus.

Other then that just a few minor things occurred during the last few month.

Dad is about one third through the assimilation process and Tess is near its end. If I had to guess she should fully assimilat in the next month or so.

I attempted to teach Ellie [Mana Rotation]. I feared that she was already to old to learn it, but through hard training she did manage to lern it, although she can't use it as efficient as I can.

Another thing that we lerned during our training sessions, her mana pool is way bigger then one of a black core should be. I estimated hers to be around the level of an solid red core, which is unheared of.

This also meant that we could train alot more then earlier anticipated.

Due to that I asked Cynthia if it would be possible to allow Ellie entrance to the academy at a set schedule and she allowed it much to Ellie's delight.

In regards to the racial group, just a few minor attacks happened. Kai and Draneeve only recruited more noble brats and professors but didn't hand out any elixirs.

Charles tried a few more times to recruit Clive but allways fell on deaf ears.

We suspect that due to the lack of a rather strong student, which would have been used as a decoy for the Alacryans to escap, that they will either us a professor instead or way more corrupted mana beast's during the attack. Either way we will be prepared for this.

Currently Lucas and I are in my private trainings room. He is helping me with my mana usage without relying on my core in hopes I unlock more elements. So far I hadn't have much luck.

"This should be enough for now. Lets rest a little." He said as he approched me.

"Alright." I exclaimed exhausted.

Collapseing on the ground I panted like crazy as I layed down on my back.

"This *pant* is way *pant* to hard." I said.

"Don't worry you are doing really well." Lucas said in an attempt to console me.

"Yeah, yeah." I said dismissively.

Lucas pulled out the same crystal that he fidgets with alot lately. He closed his eyes and fell into a meditative state.

I would be lying if I said that I'm not at least a little hurt that he isn't telling me what its true purpose is, but I know that it is for the best.

With the awkwardness in the room growing with the second I dicided to meditate myself.

I pulled a beast core from my ring and started to absorb the mana inside.

It flowed through my mana veins and chanel untill it reaches my core. I could see how the foreign mana slowly purified my core, bringing me closer to the silver stage.

After about an hour the last bit of mana left the beast core and traveled to my core. As it reach its destination a warm feeling spread throughout my body. A bright light blinded my inner eyes.

It took a few minutes for my body to calm down and when I once more looked into myself I was met with a silver glowing orb.

"Congratulations you finaly reached the silver stage." Lucas voice pulled me back to reality.

"Thank you." I said with a satisfied smile on my face.

"You got the artifact with you?" Lucas asked.

"I do." I replied and pulled the chain he gave me a few weeks ago.

This artefact can hide the core stage of the one wearing it and let it appear as what ever the holder desired. It also gets invisible as soon as it is activaded.

I put the chain around my neck and channeled some mana into it. Soon my core changed from a silver light to a yellow one, signaling that it did what it was supposed to do.

-2067 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 4.7K 114
So by the title you are a boy who died in his 20s you are then given a chance to live again and you get to choose your ability's (I choose) and you a...
130K 4.3K 46
After the war no more than a handful of survivors remain in a destroyed world. After going back in time to where it began, can they prevent another t...
1.8K 47 9
Arthur is leaving Sylivia's cave with sadness and a newfound feeling like he never had before. could he keep everyone safe? (based on my YouTube seri...