Chapter 29 - first day of training

3P POV

"Alright, alright. Please be quite, it isn't healthy for an old man like me to raise his voice so much." The old professor said as he set down in his chair.

"Now, I know that your all are excited for this field trip but you should never forget that it still are the Beast Glades we will be visiting. Danger lurks in every corner. For the posibility that we will dive into a dungeon you all require proper training. In this class we will going over everything you should now in terms of theory. For the practic, with the permission of the director, you are allowed to participat in the team fighting mechanics class 1 until the end of the month. Fortunately professor Glory also intented to teach her class team fighting formations, so we aren't really interfering her class." Professor Hunt explained pulling a stack of paper out of his storage-ring.

One of the students, a girl with a small stature, rose her hand to asked a question.

"Yes, Lena." The professor said noticing her raised hand.

"Are we allowed to choose our groups alone or will they be decided by you professor." She asked in a polite tone.

"For now, you are allowed to choose your group on your own. I might adjust them a littel if needed at the end of the week. So if you want to stay in your chosen group better give it your all in practice." He answered. "Those papers I'm handing out now contain the most important information you will need for this trip. From general infos about the location we will be staying at to what you should bring with you. Ofcourse we will go over each point in more details in the following month." He explained as he walked through the class, giving each student a paper.

"But for today we will return to our last topic." He added as he wrote a few things on the blackboard.

For the rest of the class the students were taught more about dungeon's with elemantal affinities. Nothing Lucas had to foucus on, he instead talked with Fraener most of the time.

As the school bell rang everyone stood up an made their way to the exit but got interupted by the professor.

"Alright everyone, enjoy your lunch break and I will see you all afterwards on the training fields." He said dismissing his class.

"I'm so excited for this field trip. I have never been to the Beast Glades. Do you think we will go into a dungeon?" Caera asked Lucas as they walked together to the cafeteria, something that became common for them in their everyday life.

"I think that is possible. Professor Hunt is not only a strong mage, he is also a veteran adventurer with many years of wisdom in regards of the Beast Glades. It shouldn't be much of a problem for him to get the premission to enter a low level dungeon with us." Lucas replied greeting some of the students that walked passt them.

"That would be so awesome. I always wanted to dive into a dungeon but my mentor didn't allow me to become a adventurer. She always said that it would be to dangerous and that I easily could die. I get it that she cares about me but sometimes I just feel like that I'm not allowed to do anything and that I'm somewhat trapped in a cage." Caera said, getting a little frustrated at the end due to the strictness of her mentor.

"I can see were your mentor is comming from. People wish to keep what they care about as save as possible. The possibility to lose something or someone we love scares us, so we tend to attempt to prevent anything that could take them from us." He responded.

"Its easy for you to say that. You already are an adventurer and you spend three years in the Beast Glades." Caera retorted.

"If you belive that I was able to just decide to become an adventurer, then you are further from the truth then it is even possible. It took me a lot to convince my mother to allow me to go and only after my brother offered to accompany me did she finaly allowed it. But I had to follow strict rules otherwise she wouldn't let me go." Lucas explained. "Anyway, when we find our selfs in the position of the one being loved, the only thing we can do is to show the one loving us that we are capable enough to protect ourselfs. This trip could be such an opportunity for you to prove your strength to your mentor. And if she is hesitant to let you go then you can tell her that you will be in competent hands. Professor Hunt is an excellent adventurer, who truly knows what he dose and I also will be there. If needed I will protect you." He added giving her a big smile.