Chapter 22 - First day of School

3P POV

Its early in the morning, around 5:30am. Everyone of the Wykes family is still asleep. Everyone accepted for Lucas. Sitting in the beautyful forest-like garden, listening to the melodic chirping of the bireds.

He woke up early so he could have some peace of mind, even if it is only for a couple of houres. The constant training for years, may it be day or night, planing and preparing for the war took a huge toll on him. His consciousness may be on the age of 37 but nevertheless he is exhausted.

"Why are you up so early in the morning?" Nova asked as she set down next to her brother.

"I could asked you the same." Lucas retorted as he shifted his gaze towards his sister.

"You got me there. I went to bed early yesterday so its only natural that I would wake up early." She replied. "Now why are you up so early?" She added.

"I wanted to have some peace and quite before I have to go to school." He answered.

"You want me to go then?" Nova asked concerned. Not wishing to bother her brother.

"No, its alright. I enjoy your company." He said as he gave her a smile.

Hearing that made her happy. Nova cares for her family alot, especially for her little brother. She feels conected to him, differently then to the rest of her family. She can't describe it herself, its just that he seemingly understands her more than anyone else. And due to Lucas time in the Beast Glades, she fells like she has missed out on alot of him growing up. So she enjoys every time she can spend with him.

"What are you doing today? Spending some time with your girlfriend?" Lucas asked teasingly.

Seemingly embarrasst by that she punched him on his shoulder. Her face red as a tomato. "No, she dosen't have that much time due to her work as a Lance. I will help mom and dad today. They have a meeting with Vincent Helstea, to discuss the distribution of some goods."

"That sounds boring." Lucas said as he depictures himself in such meetings, not listening to anything that would be said.

"Maybe it sounds like this for you, but not for me. I actually enjoy those meetings alot." She replied.

"Its good to know that atleast one of you is intrested in the family business." Luana said as she walked up to the children.

"Good morning mom." They both said in union.

Giving them a smile she took a seat next to them. "You both are up pretty early. Didn't you sleep well." She asked concerned.

"No, I slept really good, I just went to bed really early yesterday." Nova replied.

"And wanted to enjoy some peace and quite before I have to go to school." Lucas added.

"I see. Then I will not bother you any further." Luana said as she stood up.

"You could never bother us mom." Lucas said at wich Nova nodded in agreement.

"Haha. I know, I know. But I have something to prepare for todays meeting anyway, so I will take my leave. Breakfast will start at 7, so be back in the house on time." She said giggling to herself.

Her children smiled at her and had given her a nod as she left.

Both Nova and Lucas enjoy the view of the garden for about a hour before they went inside. There they ate breakfast with the rest of the family.

When it was time for Lucas to leave everyone went with him to the front door to say thier goodbyes. His parents reminded him to not couse trouble otherwise he would be punished. He promised that nothing will happen and that he would behave as good as possible.