Chapter 12 - Dungeon Raid

Arthur POV

1 year later

"Fire hyenas incomming. Diamond formation!" Bairon yelled.

We moved at his command and took our positions with Bairon in the front middle, Jasmin to his right and I to his left. Lucas, being our main conjurer, stands in the background. Bairon is also a conjurer but with him being a silver core mage he can agument himself to the degree of a dark yellow stage augmenter.

We are currently on the 6 layer of a fire typ dungeon called 'Hellgrounds'. It is a A-Rank dungeon filled with alot of different fire typ mana beast.

It's been about a year since we started our adventur and what can I say. I had a lot of fun. We went to a lot of dungeons and fought alot of different mana beasts. We even took some quests from the adventur's guild like collecting herbs or specific parts of mana beasts.

Three month ago we participated in a raid of a slavetrader base. Ofcourse I didn't tould my parents about that for obvious reasons. Fighting mana beasts is one thing but if they would know that I fought humans and also killed them the would immediately forbade me to continue being a adventurer.

But because of this raid Lucas and I raised our rank to A and Jasmin got the permission to take the exam for the AA-Rank. She dicided to take some time befor she takes the exam to prepare herself. Bairon already has a AA-Rank and would have to do alot more quests and raids to be allowed to take the S-Rank exam.

During the last year I mainly focused on my swordsmanship inorder to not only improve it but also to get familiarto this childish body. That means except for the boss layer I only use basic augmentation without any elemetal affinities. That dosen't mean I didn't do anything for my magic. I still go through Bairon's hellish training every time we are not I a dungeon. Jasmin helped me with my wind magic aswell and thanks to her my control over it increased alot. Earth still gives me trouble but I got a bit better. I want to go on with this for atleast 6 more month.

Other than raiding dungeons, fulfilling quests and training we spend alot of time together just talking. It is mainly Bairon and Jasmin telling us about all the dungeon raids there participated in. Our bond with each other got alot deeper. Bairon and Jasmin are like older siblings for me and Lucas like a brother my age. It is a nice feeling. Its been a long time since I feeled like this. Not since the kings tournament. Since Cecilia's death and Nico's disappearance. The guilt of there fates which i caused still eats me from the inside. That is nothing I like to remember. This is also the reason why I don’t know if I deserve such bonds. But I shoulden think about that right know. I should foucus on the matter ad hand.

I moved forward slicing down every hyenas that is in my way. After about 20 minutes we killed every single one of them except for those which fled inorder to keep the ecosystem intact.

"Alright kets collect the beast cores. Afterwards we will take a break befor we advance to the next layer. The boss room should be there so rest and eat be for we go." Bairon commanded.

After collecting all the beast cores and replenishing our mana we sat down and ate our rations.

I am excited for the boss. I hope it is a strong beast.

Lucas POV

As we made our way to the boss room we encountered a variety of fire typ mana beasts like fire wolfs, salamands and hyenas.

"Lucas, shield!" Bairon yelled as four fire wolfs fired a mana beam into our direction.

As commanded I conjured a wall of fire around our group. After a couple of minutes I canceled the shield and shot a dozen water bullet towards the wolfs killing them instantly.