Chapter 2 - Early days

Lucas POV

It’s been a few days since my reincarnation and I found out I was reborn in the world of The beginning after the end. Sadly I have to be Lucas Wykes one of the worst characters in the whole novle. So I swear on my honor as a warrior that I won’t make the same mistakes as the real Lucas and do everything to create a better future for Dicathen.

Aside with this thoughts. It seems some things are different then they should be. My mother, who should be a slave and not present in my life is currently holding me in her arms. She looks at me with so much motherly love in her eyes like I have only seen from my mother from my first life.

She looks exactly like I have ever imagined how elves look like. Greyish white hair, beautiful facail features and green eyes.

Sitting next to us is my father. Otis Wykes, a tall man with long blonde hair tied in a ponytail and green eyes. Unlike the original, he doesn’t have a beard. The biggest difference to his original self is his personality. In the last few days I witnessed how polite he acted not only to me and my mother but also to the maids and butlers. Not in a way that i would seem like there are the lords and ladies of this house but he treats them with kindniss.

Every time he sees me he smiles at me and I got this warm feeling inside me. The same feeling someone feels when they know there loved by someone. I never had a father in my first life because he died protecting my mother when she was pregnant with me. This leads me to hope he is going to be a good father for me every time I see him smiling like this.

My brother Bairon doesn’t visit me that often because he is at school most of the time. But when he does he always has a proud smile on his face. I hope his personality is also different like fathers. It would be nice if h-

„Otis isn’t it unusual for a baby not to cry?“ my mother asks iterrupting my thoughts.

„I already asked the doctor about it but he said that Lucas is completly healthy and we do not have to worry about him not crying“ father answers in a calm tone to ease my mothers worries.

„Nova was similar although she cried the first few month. But at some point she stopped crying entirely and she is still fine.“ He added.

Another difference to the original novle is my sister Nova. She is the second child of father and his late wife. Nova is a 11 year old energetic and bright girl. But she can also be scary. For example every time she sees me she has this look in her eyes similar to an predator looking at his prey. I know that she loves me and that she wouldn’t harm me. But it still terrifies me. I can not imagine how it would feel like if I would be an actual baby.

„I could hired some emitter to check if he us alright if you want Luana. „ father asks.

„No ist alright. The doctor is the best emitter in Sapin and I trust his words. I think it is just me being a mother that keeps me worry about him.“

It hurts me to see her like this but unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it. I tried to cry but for some reason I'm not able to do so.

I started to get tired and couldn't quit follow my parents conversation anymore.

My father realizing this said " I think someone wants to sleep."

They then put me in my cradle to sleep. Soon after darkness overcame me and I fell asleep.

6 month later

Nothing realy intresting happend in the last few month apart from me learning how to crawl. I can’t describe how good it feeled when I did it the first time. Arthur is right this is something to be proud of.

Sadly I get tired realy fast and I am still unable to control my excretions. It is so embarrassing when my mother chans my diapers and lets not talk about the breastfeeding.

My mother still looked at me with a worried look on her face from time to time. She got a lot better when I started to crawl. It seems like it was a sign for her that I am compeletly fine.

To erase all her worries I practiced speaking. I am now capable of say basic words like "mama, papa and sister" without any problems.

And today is the day I will call her 'mama' for the first time.

"Good morning sweety" mother said with a loving smile on her face as she picks me up and starts to walk towards the garden.

My mother takes me for a walk around the garden every morning. The garden doesn’t look like a normel one.

It resembles the Elshire Forest.

She explained to me the meaning and importance of nature for elves and told me storys about her time in Elenoir

She always tries to hide her sadness during our walks but fails to do so nearly every time. I know she will be able to visit her home in a couple of years but it still hurts to see her like this.

After a couple of minutes of walking we settle down on a small clearing. Mother takes out a few sandwiches and some baby food out of a basket. She prepared it in advance.

Why did she do it and not the maids? Because she doesn’t want other people to do things she is capable to d herself. That is something I admire her for.

We started eating or more like my mother fed me befor she ate herself.

Afterwards we just sat there watching the animals and listining to the sound of nature.

Looking at my mother I see her smiling into the distance most likely thinking about her home land.

Right in this moment I thought it was the right time.

"Mama"

"Yes swee-" she tried to say befor she realized what just happened. She looks at me shocked not believing that I just said my first word.

"Mama?" I said again letting it sound more like a question as if I am confused over her reaction.

Tears started streaming down her cheeks out if happiness. She picked me up and kissed me again and again.

"Your first word! You said your first word and it is mama. Your father is going to be so jealous." She said while loughting.

We spent a couple more minutes there befor we made our way back to the mansion.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. Father and Nova were realy shocked after mother tould them about my first word. So they tried to bring me to say 'father' and 'sister' but without success.

When it was nighttime mother puts me back to bed and she gave me a kiss on the forehead saying how much she loves me.

Ready to fall asleep I closed my eyes but befor darkness overcames me my head started to hurt.

At first I thought it is a headache but the pain got stronger and stronger until I heard a voice in my head.

"Hello Lucas. Its been some time."

-1253 Words