Chapter 14 - Who am I?

Arthur POV

What a terrifying future lays before us. So many people will die. So many innocent lifes tacken just because of the greed of those self proclaimed gods. But when what Lucas just said is true than we can prevent the death of the most of them.

I know it is selfish of me to think like this but I just hope that the once I cherish will survive. My parents, my sister, Tess, Gramps and all my freinds. I don't know what would happen to me if I even lose one of them.

I was devastated and lost all my emotions when Cecilia and Nico died in my old world and just because of my stupid revenge. I can't allow myself to do the same mistake again.

I believe in Lucas and when we do as he had planed we can prevent this terrible future.

I looked at him and he gave me a sympathetic smile. He is the only one in this world who can truly understand what I'm going through right now. With him being a reincarnated aswell and having all this knowledge about the future since the first day he is in this world I would even say he has it worst then me.

"So, now what. We both, the reincarnations have to save the world? " I said more as a statment than as a question.

"Well, about that. Ther is actually one last thing I would have to tell you. But it should ease some of your troubles rather then couse new once." He said.

I looked at him terrified about what he would say. I don't want to know more. I don't need more information about the future. But I know aswell as he does that it would be better to get all there is at once then find out something important when it is to late.

I made myself ready for last bit of information he had to share with me. He said it would rather ease some of my troubles so it can't be something bad.

"Arthur, you aren't a reincarnation."

...

...

...

We sat in silence for some time. I had to process what he just said. When I was ready I started to speak.

"What do you mean. Thats not possible. I have all the memorys from my first life. I have all the experience. And you want to tell me that all of this isn't real. You said Agrona brought my soul into this world. When he didn't bring my soul to this world than what did he do? If I am not Grey as you claim, when I'm not a reincarnation than what am I?" I aksed frantically with a bit of anger in my voice.

I know my anger towards him isn't justified, but I was just told that everything I believed about myself is supposed to be fake.

"You are Arthur Leywin. Son of Alice and Renolds Leywin. And you always have bin Arthur. I said Agrona attempted to bring Grey's soul into this world but he faild. The reason for that is that he not only dosen't have high enough control over Aether but also lacks any control over another power which allows its user to even interact with souls. But what he was able to do is to transfer Grey's memorys into your mind which is why you have his memorys." He said in an attempt to calm me down.

"Listen Arthur, I know I can't understand what is going through your mind right now but I want you to know that I'm here for you. If you need someone to talke I'm there for you. If you need time and space I will give you that." He added.

"No pleas stay. I don't think it would be good for me to be alone right now. It is just hard to belive. Its not like I don't belive you, I know you wouldn't lie about something so serious. I mean it is just alot to take in. I just need some time." I told him.

"Sure, take all the time you need." He said as he gave me a smile.

I gave him a smile back. I would be lying if I said I ain't happy about what he said. It means I am not a fake. I didn't kill my parents unborn child. I really am Arthur Leywin. To tell the truth I'm rather happy. Sure I still need some time to deal with it but in the end it really does ease the biggest problem I had with myself.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you like this. I am just overwhelmed by all of this." I said apologetic.

"Its okay. It is understandable I would react the same way if someone would tell me something like this." He said.

We kept on talking about alot of thinks. Like his Aether abilitys which are just unbelievable. They seem like a cheat to me if I'm being honest. He told me that he will teach me Aether Arts after my training in Epheotus. When I aksed why he wants to wait so long he said Kezess would notice what I'm capable of and that he would keep a close eye on me.

At some point in our conversation something came to my mind.

"What about Nico?" I asked.

"What about him?" Lucas asked confused.

"You said he is actually Elijah Knight. Is he a reincarnated or is he like me?" I aksed.

"No, he is like you. Why do you ask?"

"Is it posibble to erase the memorys of Nico from Elijah's mind. If what you told me about him is true than that would safe thousands of lives." I said questioningly.

"True, that would safe many lives but he is needed as Nico for many important events. But I already thought about that. I will mess with his mind so that he wouldn't kill anyone later in the war. He only needs to inflict fear into the people not kill them and at some point, when he isn't needed as Nico anymore, all his memorys as Nico will disappear." He replyed.

"That makes sense." I simply said.

It got late so we made our way back to the inn. As we arrived at the entrance we meet Bairon and Jasmin. Jasmin seemed really happy and so did Bairon. The greeted us and Lucas daid something really intresting.

Lucas POV

"Well, how was your date?" I asked with a big grin on my face.

Both of them immediately turned Red as a tomato. Jasmin hid her face behind her hands and Bairon had a annoyed look on his face.

"W-we didn't have a date you little brat." Bairon said stuttering.

I started laughing uncontrollable. Arthur tried to suppress his giggling. All in all it was hilarious. As we went inside Jasmin immediately went into her room. Bairon informed us about our next dungeon raid and left for a for a meeting with the royal family.

Arthur and I went back to our room and went to bed.

At the next morning we rented a carriage and started our ride to the dungeon. It's called 'Frost Valley' it is a ice typ dungeon.

On our way to the dungeon we encountered several mana beasts. Not stronger then C-Rank so when hadn't any trouble with them.

"Alright everyone there we are." Bairon said as we arrived at the dungeon entrance.

"I can feel the cold even from outside the dungeon. That will be a troublesome raid for me." Jasmin said matter of factly.

And she is right. She is the only one in our group who can't use fire magic so she can't heat herself up in the dungeon.

"I actually got something for that. Here take this." Bairon said as he handed her a ring with a red mana crystal embedded. This crystal Was filled with fire mana to the brim.

Her face got slightly red as she took the ring. "Thanks."

"Oho Bairon, already at the point of exchanging rings. That was fast." I said with a giggle.

Suddenly a small bolt of lightnig struck me in the chest which caused me to fall to the ground.

"Worth it." I said with a the pain hearable in my voice.

"Come on I know that your fine. Lets built up our camp for the night. Arthur go collect some firewood. Lucas you will hunt some to eat and Jasmin and I will set up our tents." Bairon commanded.

As I came back from my hunt the tents were already set up and a campfire was put in the middle of them. We cooked the rabbit-like mana beasts and made some smalltalk as we at. Afterwards we went to bed in order to be at our best for tomorrows raid.

-1476 words

A/N hello everyone just a quick notice. I started a new FF called 'Leveling in a fantasy world'. If your interested gibe it a try. I would appreciate it alot. This would be all for today. Have a nice week and we see us next time.