Chapter 40 - Engagement Pt. 2

3P POV

An uncomfortable silence lingered in the air after Arthur and Tessia announced their relationship.

The lack of reactions of all their guests made this even more nerve wracking.

Virion and Lilia looked around the group of people, waiting for their reaction. Both of them wished that everything goes right and that Arthur and Tessia's relationship will be accepted without any issues. But if it should go wrong they were ready to defend them.

Rinia had a slight smirk on her face already knowing how this will turn out.

Just a few seconds, which felt like minutes, passed before the first reactions became visible.

Smiles of happiness graced everyones faces upon hearing this unexpected news.

Both Alice and Merial rushed to them and pulled them into a hug.

"I'm so happy to hear that you two." Merial said smiling brightly.

"I can only agree, although an engagement at your age is abit early for my tast, it is evidant how much you love each other and as long as your happy I'm happy." Alice said in agreement to Merial.

"What do you mean mom?" Arthur asked getting embarrasst.

"Please Arthur. I lived a few years longer then you, I can see when people love each other." Alice remarked teasingly.

"Since when?" Tess asked in shock.

"Sweety, ever since your first visit after you all started school." Alice replied.

Beet red they tryed to hide their faces earning laughter from everyone.

"Arthur!" Alduin called out sternly his stone cold expression hiding his thoughts. "I hope you are aware what this means for you."

"I am. We talked alot about this over the last few month. I love Tess and if being with her requires me to become the future king of Elenoir then I willing to take on this role." Arthur retorted with determination.

Alduin nerrowed his gaze and looked Arthur deep into his eyes. As expected Alduin couldn't see neither fear nor hesitancy.

He grabbed Arthur shoulder and gave him an approving smile.

"If thats the case then you ofcourse have my blessing."

"Thank you." Tess squealed as she pulled her father into a tight hug.

"Ofcourse you have our blessing aswell." Renolds chimed in smiling as he pulled his wife into side hug.

Rounds of Congratulations were givin and Vince called out that this requires a celebration.

He quickly ordered the maids to prepare food and beverages for everyone and to set up some tables in the backyard.

The servants worked fast and finished all preparations in less then an hour.

Vincent thanked them and told them to take the rest of the day off.

"Now, although this isn't an engagement party, I would once again like to congratulat you two and I wish you forever lasting  happiness." Vincent said holding his glass high. "Now please, don't hold back and enjoy yourselfs."

"Thank you uncle Vincent, we appreciate it alot." Arthur replied holding Tess's hand gently.

"Thank you Mr. Helstea. Its really nice of you to do this for us." Tess added cheerfuly.

"Please Tessia, Arthur is like a nephew to me, which makes us in a way family. So Vincent is just fine. And don't worry this is a given." He told her reassureingly at which she nodded with a smile.