Chapter 42 - No idea how to name this chapter

Arthur POV

Its been about four month since we have told our families about our relationship and a few things have happened.

My mom and Virion were quick to plan a perfect engagement ceremony, which honored both elven an human traditions. It didn't take them more then a week to agree on everything.

They presented their plans to Tess and me and what can I say. It was just perfect. The customs and rituals they chose from both cultures went hand in hand and worked really well together.

Although I would have been happy with something smaller and more humble I knew that it was necessary to be so ostentatious, with it being a royal event.

I mean it isn't everyday that the sole princess of a whole nation gets engaged, so it was understandable.

There was alot to prepare so Virion wasted no time and started immediately with the preparations.

Everything went fine untill we had to dicided which noble families we would invite for each race.

The race that was the easiest to dicided on were the elves, for obvious reasons. Virion said that he had an old friend that is an dwarven noble and that he is sure that said friend could suggest some good choices.

That left us with with the human nobles. I suggested to asked the Wykes, with them being the highest ranking noble family, only second to the royal family, they most definitely know who to to invite to such an event.

So we made our way to the Wykes estate. Ofcourse I just could have asked Lucas when I'm back in school but mom wanted to visit them in person.

As we arrived we were greeted by a maid that guided us to Mr. Wykes who upon seeing both Virion and Tess had a surprise and shocked look on his face.

He bowed respectfuly, which Virion dismissed immediately. Telling him that the family of the boy that saved not only his granddaughter but also disciple had no reason to be so formal with them.

Mr. Wykes brought us to the rest of his family. They all shared Mr. Wykes earlier expression except for Lucas ofcourse.

"Elder Virion." Bairon greeted, being the first to compose himself.

"Please Bairon, we aren't with the council, so be at ease." Virion replied.

"As you wish." Bairon nodded.

"Elder, princess it is an honor to meet you." Mrs. Wykes said joyfully.

"No, it is an honor to meet you. Your son helped my family greatly. Not only did he save my granddaughter but he also helped her in her training, which resulted in her reaching heights that I have only seen her reach in a few years." Virion retorted.

After a few more pleasantries we set down and Mr. Wykes asked for the reason for our visit.

"Although I'm happy to have you here, I belive there is a certain reson for you to visit us." He said getting abit more serious.

"There is. As you might already know Tessia and Arthur are about to be engaged and with this being a royal event it is required to invite a few noble families from each race, especially since the unification of the races." Virion begann, making it obvious what we are here for. "It was easy to chose wich elven nobles we invite and I have a friend in Darv that can help us in regards of the dwarven nobles. Same can't be said for you humans. Although I'm friends with Cynthia Goodsky, she herself dosen't know that much about the human nobles to give us good suggestions. Luckily Arthur's family are friends of yours, the most influential noble family in all of Sapin. Who is better suited to get suggestions from other then you. So if you would be so nice to help us out I would appreciat it." Virion explained.