Chapter 3 - The Message

Lucas POV

„Hello Lucas. Ist been some time.“ I heared a voice in my head say. It took my a few seconds bevor I realized who it is. It is Grey’s voice.

„When this message reaches you your soul completly assimilated with your new body. Which means you already took the first step to safe the world. It’s just a small one but it is still something.“ He said not really enthusiasticly.

„Now on to the main reason for this message. Like you already realized you are in the world of The beginning after the end but with a couple changes to the original Story. Thats because you are in an alternative timeline. The main plot poins will be the same there will be just small differences. Your task will be, like I already said when we talked in person, to assist Arthur and keep him alive. You are not allowed to stop certain events to occur but you can change there outcomes. If you do otherwise you could create a far more horrible future then this world would face without your intervention. Sadly you can not safe everyone so try to safe as many as possible by making the right decisions. Now regarding your powers. Your body is currently to weak to hold them so you still have to wait a couple of years to obtain them. I advise you to start to train your mind as soon as possible and start body training when your able to. If you do so you should gain access to them when you turn 4 or 5. This will also be the first time you would meet the demon I put into you. There is an additionally power that I haven't tould you about. Every soul that I send into another world possess this power. It gives you a tremendous power boust in exchange for... . So use it only when there is no other option.“ Grey said cheerfuly like he believes I can do as he thinks.

„That would be all for now. You will hear from me again when necessary. Until then train well and live a good and happy life with your family.“

And with that the message ends and my headache disappears. Like it is was never there to begin with.

I now understand why things are different here than there should be. But I am happy about it. To be able to grow up withe a loving family is all I could wish for.

So I have to train to obtain my powers huh. I probably have to meditate to strengthen my mind.

And so I started to meditate. I sat down in a lotus position. Fortunately everyone else is already asleep otherwise they would probably think I look weird sitting like this.

I spent about a hour in this position not really achieving anything. I decided to rest for now because I feel tired. So I laid down and fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to the rising sun. Realizing that I am the only one awake at the time I decided to meditate a little bit more.

After a couple of minutes I heared sonds coming from my parents bed. When I looked over I saw my father just woke up.

In an attempt to get his attention I decided to call out to him.

„Papa“ I said in a childish voice.

He looked at me with a bright smile and I swear I saw a single tear in his eye.

„Good morning Lucas.“ He said while picking me up.

We left the bedroom and walked towards his office. The walls of the long hallways are decorated with a lot of paintings. There are several paintings of the beast glades and of the Wykes family. One of the family paintings shows father with his late wife, a younger Bairon and a baby Nova.

I have to admit she was a real beauty. Long beautyful platinum blonde hair. Emerald green eyes and gorgeous facial features. She looked like a true noble.

Entering the office I was strucked by an awe-inspiring view. Fathers office is stunning. The interior can only be described as magnificent. Every piece of furniture is crested with elegant engravings of the finest craftsmanship.

His desk is on the left side from the entrance, directly infront of the window. On the right side are two bookshelves filled with books of different topics. Next to them is an armchair with a little table. Ideal for reading.

We entered the room and walked towards his desk. He opend a book about the the founding history of the three kingdoms. Nothing I didn't already knew about.

We spent about a hour in his office before a maid informed us about Bairons arrival.

We left the office to greet him. When we arrived at the mansion entrance mother and Nova were already there to greet him. Upon our arrival we greeted each other and mother gave me a kiss on the forehead. Bairon took me in his arms and started to tell me about his week.

Sometimes I'm wondering if people even realized that babys normaly can't understand them.

We walked towards the dining room and ate our breakfast. It consisted of  loaf of bread, eggs and bacon. But not for me. I got a bowle of mush. It didn't look edible but it tasted really good.

Afterwards we went to the training ground because Bairon wanted to show us a new spell he created.

He conjured a cage made out of lightnings which would trap his opponent. They would be strucked by small lightnings from time to time.

Father and mother are proud of his achievement. Nova is jealous that she isn't able to do this but Bairon promised her to teach her when she unlocks the lightning deviant. This calmed her down a little bit.

We spent the rest of of the day together as a family. Just talking and playing together.

At noon mother took me to our usual walk in the garden and Nova accompanied us. Father had some work to do and Bairon wanted to train abit.

Like we do everytime we ate some sandwiches and enjoyed the view.

Nova used her wind magic, which she inherited from her mother, to let the leaves float around us.

The rest of the day wasn't really that intresting. We just talked some more. Ate diner together and went to bed at night.

I decided to meditate some more. But just like yesterday nothing happend. Abit disappointed I stoped meditating and went to sleep.

I thought about the last couple of month and how much fun I had.

'I wish this would hold on forever but sadly all this would end when the war starts. I just hope I am able to keep everyone that is important to me safe.' And with this thoughts I fell asleep. Curious about what the future holds for me.

-1162 words