(18+) These Three Words | A D...

De JadaLove030

THIS IS BOOK 2! The first book is Come & Talk to Me: A DeVanté Swing Fanfiction, so READ IT FIRST to understa... Mai multe

Chapter 1: Lost and Found
Chapter 2: Somebody's Watching Me
Chapter 3: Speak To Me
Chapter 4: ALL My Love
Chapter 5: Those GOTDAMNED Peppermints!
Chapter 6: The Kitchen Counter
Chapter 7: Thee Candy Licker
Chapter 8: Shea Butter Baby
Chapter 9: A F🤬cking Problem!
Chapter 10: Parents Meet Parents
Chapter 11: Ex's & Oh's
Chapter 12: Not A Competition
Chapter 13: Bring Me Up
Chapter 14: The Cut Off
Chapter 15: Just My Luck
Chapter 16: Holiday Trip to...
Chapter 17: A Ghetto Man
Chapter 18: The Unexpected Company
Chapter 19: You Hit Me!
Chapter 20: Because I'm White
Chapter 21: A Chill Pill
Chapter 22: Doing YOU Favors
Chapter 23: It's Christmas Eve
Chapter 24: A Merry Christmas
Chapter 25: Not so Merry
Chapter 26: You Sound Stupid
Chapter 27: Without Your Permission
Chapter 28: Quick Get Away
Chapter 29: It's Not Funny
Chapter 30: Fine by Me
Chapter 31: Size is Everything
Chapter 32: Watch Your Back
Chapter 33: Didn't Do Enough
Chapter 34: Know Your Place
Chapter 35: Full of Paparazzi
Chapter 36: Say My Name
Chapter 37: Just a Hunch
Chapter 38: I'll Be Around
Chapter 39: Serial Killer Vibes
Chapter 40: Tonight's the Night
Chapter 41: A Reality Check
Chapter 42: A Ladies Lady
Chapter 43: Anger and Accusations
Chapter 44: What's Considered Cheating?
Chapter 45: Earn Your Title
Chapter 47: What You Mean?
Chapter 48: Hot and Bothered
Chapter 49: You Trust Me?

Chapter 46: Up and Left

139 8 9
De JadaLove030

Please excuse ANY errors.

January 10, 1999

~DeVanté's P.O.V~

"You keep me feenin', Californina dreamin', ever since I found out your name. And I-" I shut the record off because that's the part I needed her to redo. We're done.

"A'ight, Doc, I think that was a wrap. You killed that shit. That was hot," I nodded at her after we finished listening to her song together.

Kirby stood up, "so I can go now?" She asked me.

"Yeah," I nodded, standing up.

My problem has always been overworking people. I seem to forget that everyone doesn't operate the same as I do. When I'm in work mode, it's hard to get out of work mode. It's almost as if I'm hypnotized and need someone else to snap me out of it.

Kirby shook my hand, "thank GOD. This is early. I would usually be here all day and night."

"My bad- I'm sorry," I corrected myself. "Sometimes I forget. Look, just tell me when you're tired for the day. I don't want nobody's vocals coming out all choppy and shit because they tired and I ain't," I chuckled.

"Yeah, nigga... We be tired!" Mike said laughing. "We can't stay up all damn night and day."

"Like I said before, just tell me and I'll listen and ease up," I replied to him and everyone else. "Y'all can take y'all asses home and get some rest."

"Alight, BYE!" Kirby said excited and in a hurry to leave. She sure didn't waste more time because she practically ran out of the door.

"Hell must've frozen over. At least your ass won't be hot on the way down," Chris said laughing.

"I hate the fuckin' col- aye, that may be where YOU goin' in YOUR afterlife, but not De, nigga," I said cracking the hell up, no pun intended.

"Let me go before this nigga give us another task," Chris said dapping me up. "Bye, man."

"Bye," Mike dapped me up and the both of them left.

I plopped back down in my seat with a deep sigh. I'm staying because I got some song lyrics jotted down and a hell of a lot of beats saved on a tape. Most times I mentally hear a beat as I write, but with this particular song, I don't even know. I do have so many damn beats though. Once I find the beat, the tempo will just come to me. After doing that, tweaking some lyrics and beats with a few songs, I got up and headed to my office to grab my things. Sitting down in my chair, I leaned back and called my fiancée.

"Yes, Donald," Tia answered her cell phone.

"Why you answer the phone like that?" I asked her, chuckling.

"Elaborate for me, Donald."

"You spoke in a sultry voice like we in the bedroom or somethin'. What's up?"

"Nothin' much. Just... Out," Tia replied. "Out and about. I sound like myself, fiancé."

"Indeed you do, but you sound like you in the bedroom. Where are you?" I said biting the dead skin off my dry-ass lips.

"I'm on a date," Tia replied ever so softly.

"Where at?" I asked her.

"A restaurant, DUHHH," she said laughing.

"Need some company or you just sittin' there by your lonesome?" I asked her with a smile.

"Whoever said that I was alone, love?"

"Because I just know," I chuckled.

"And you're correct," she said with an evident smile in her voice.

"Should I go to my house or yours?" I asked her.

"Donald, that's solely up to you," Tia replied. "Whatever you decide is fine, Donald."

I smacked my lips at her, "where you goin' afterward?"

"Your house," she replied.

"Tia, stop playin' with me," I said cracking up. "Wherever I go ain't fine. What? You gon' be at my house while I'm at yours?" I asked her.

"We could switch lives for a night?" Tia suggested. "I pee standing up and you sit. You clean your nose with cleenex and I just dig in mine. You shower and I just splash a little water on my body and call it a night. What do you say?"

I squeezed my eyes shut, laughing. "So I just splash water on my body and call it a day and be diggin' for treasure?"

"Nobody said that," she said holding back her laughter.

"If that was true, that says a lot about you. You the one with a dirty ass nigga. Balls and underarms all musty and shit," I said laughing. "I wake up to you almost every night and day."

"True," she said laughing.

"Alright, I'll be waiting for you AT MY HOUSE," I emphasized because of what happened last time. "You know what happened the last time we didn't make things clear. You ended up at my house and vice versa. Both of us were too damn tired to get up again after we spoke over the phone and were already in bed."

Tia snickered, "THAT was something else."

"A misunderstanding on both ends," I shook my head. "Enjoy your time alone and I'll see you when you get to my house. I love you."

"I love you. Bye."

"Bye. Be safe," I replied.

"You do the same," Tia replied, then hung up the phone.

I spun in my chair, looking out at the view outside of my window, sitting back in my chair. My sitting there lasted for a good ten minutes before I locked up and headed out right along with my security and receptionist.

"I thought you been left. What you still doin' here?" I asked Lainey, my nighttime receptionist. She is fairly new.

"I didn't have anything else to do," Lainey replied.

"Oh, okay," I nodded at her. "You know, you look like somebody I know or knew. I've seen you before you've started workin' here. I just can't put a name with it right now," I told her.

"Really? I get that a lot!" Lainey replied.

I raised my eyebrows because she was too loud. It's okay to be excited, but it's too damn late for all that shit. There isn't anything to be loud about. "Good day," I ended our short conversation, then got into my car.

"Goodnight!" She yelled back.

I warmed my car up before pulling off and heading home. The moment I entered my house, I heard a noise in the distance, so I grabbed my gun on my hip, gesturing my dogs to come inside, then began closing and locking the door, then pulled my gloves off with my teeth. I eased my way to the direction for cautious purposes. It led me to the kitchen and my dogs just stood there wagging their tails, staring at the person. I put the gun away once I saw who it was. I motioned my dogs away.

"Why do you do this to me?" I asked Tia.

"It was supposed to be a surprise," she placed her hand on her hip.

"I thought you took yourself out?" I asked walking closer.

"I thought you'd probably stay at work a little later if I said I was out because I'm not done cooking," she replied.

I took my coat and hoodie off, placing it on the back of a chair. "This time you were wrong," I raised my eyebrows then gestured towards the food. "What's all this for?"

"Donald Earle DeGrate," Tia replied.

"For what? What'd I do?"

"I said we needed to celebrate your lack of depth and taking you out is out of the question because you refuse to let me pay," Tia fluttered her eyelashes.

"I was raised differently than your brother," I busted out laughing.

Tia chuckled, "I give you that one."

"Nah, that don't even feel right though. My woman reaching for the check and her card? Nahh," I shook my head, grabbing Tia's waist from behind.

"Nuh- uhn... Babe, I'm very moist and I don't think you want to touch me," she pushed me back. "Very."

"I just came home from work and ain't seen you since yesterday morning," I pulled her back against me, "you think I care?" I whispered into her ear and kissed her lips once she turned her head to the side again.

Tia turned around, getting more into the kiss, before briefly pulling away.

"A little moisture ain't ever hurt nobody," I replied. "Why did you pull away so quick?"

"Because you're distracting me from what I'm doing is why," she giggled. "Babe, I'm doing this. Wait, you didn't even see my car upon arrival?" Tia asked me.

"I wasn't paying attention. I'm tired as hell, but became alert when once I heard noises and shit I here."

"Oh okay," she nodded, continuing what she was doing.

"A'ight, I'll let you do your thing," I told her stepping back. "I'm going upstairs to take a shower."

"Wait, you didn't even see my car upon arrival?" Tia asked me.

"Good. By the time you're done, I should be too," Tia replied turning away from me, kneading the dough.

I grabbed my gun and tucked it back into my pants, my coat and hoodie. After hanging my coat and hoodie up, I went upstairs, stripped then took a long shower because it's going to take my lady a while. When I got out of the shower, I put lotion on, boxer briefs, and a white wife beater, then headed back down the stairs.

"Donald, you just showered and my skin is more moist than before. Not smelly, just moist," she said not turning to me.

"It smells good," I said eyeing her. "You're sweating hard as hell, but it feels good as hell in here to me."

Tia turned to me, "of course, you would say that. If you went to hell, you would enjoy the weather, hot head," she sat the last of things on the table.

"The meaning of hot head isn't the real meaning of it," I said looking at the table. "Who finna eat all this? You must've invited the homie, JoJo?"

Tia's mouth dropped, "now you know that you're wrong."

"And K-Ci," I added. "That little nigga can eat and lucky for him, it's starting to show a little bit."

"No, in the words of Tony! Toni! Tone!, it's just me and you," Tia sang, snapping her fingers and gyrating her hips with this dumb look in her eyes.

"Yo... This woman is something else," I said looking up at the ceiling.

"Quit it," Tia finally stopped. "Donald, it's not that bad."

"Except it definitely is that bad, fiancée," I swooped her up and plopped down in the chair, breaking it, making us fall to the floor.

Little droplets of saliva flew out of our mouths and we both busted out laughing. Tia crawled off of me and then stood up.

"Are you okay?" She asked holding her hand out.

"I'm good, but that shit was funny. It's these cheap ass chairs you got. This is the cost of bein' cheap," I told her.

"Me?" Tia pulled her hand back. "This is YOUR house. I didn't pay for any furniture in YOUR house," Tia replied to me with raised eyebrows.

"Right..." I looked up at the ceiling, thinking about what I said.

"Who's the cheap ass now? That's right, YOU!" She pointed at me. "Keep talking all of that shit, Donald," she said laughing. "Now... GET. Your. CHEAP ASS. Up off of the floor."

I shook my head, standing up, "you sound quirky as hell cursing. Don't ever sound right. Proper ass," I began picking up the wood pieces.

"Hmph, whatever," she carefully sat down in the other chair. "I don't want this one to break either because that's what happens when people skimp on things such as furniture," she playfully rolled her eyes, looking at her nails.

"Alright, we get it." I said leaning the backrest part of the chair against the wall.

"Who's WE?" Tia gave me a look of concern, looking around the room. "Are you going stir-crazy?"

"Babe, you know what I mean," I said pointing a piece of wood at her, then sat it against the wall. "I'll take this out before heading to the studio tomorrow."

"Mm mm mm," Tia pursed her lips. "That was ridiculous," she started laughing again, "-and funny! Who told y-," she snicked more, "who told you to plop down?"

I shook my head, then looked down at the floor embarrassed. "That's embarrassing and we've seen a lot of shit from each other, but THIs is one of the top."

"Aww," Tia cooed. "It's not embarrassing, just hilarious. You still you and I'm still me. We're still here. Take a seat. You see everything is healthy too," she pointed to me.

I took a seat and Tia brought my plate to me, then took a seat on my lap. "Not all," I said, referring to the healthy food, "but you smell good," I told her.

"I should, I showered before heading here just for me to get back in in a little bit," she smiled. "How was work?"

"It was just a regular day," I said, wrapping my arms around her waist. "Yours?"

"Somebody is getting fired," she popped her lips. "I also need an assistant. I'm tired of doing everything by myself."

"Damn, who's gettin' fired?" I asked her.

"Okay, so... I finally got the chance to examine the cash flow and somebody is living fowl. Now, I check everything very often because I don't play about my money, but I especially do it because I'm doing my taxes. Unfortunately, I found out the later part of the day, but first thing tomorrow morning, shit is about to go down. With that being said, I have to take a little business trip, and I'm coming right back the same day. Not only that, but I'm filing a suit. I want my money back. It isn't like employees have low pay," Tia scooped some food up and fed me. "Is the food good, fiancé?" She asked whilst I chewed.

"It's good," I nodded, swallowing my food.

"Is it hot enough? With all the shenanigans it probably is cold, right?" Tia asked me.

"A little bit, b-"

She grabbed my plate, "I knew that I should've put it in the oven to keep warm," she said walking away.

"Babe, I don't care how hot it is right now. I'm hungry as hell. My stomach is touchin' my back," I told her and she sat the plate down in front of me. "Plus, I'm able-bodied, if I wanted it warmer, I could've easily stood up and done it myself." I grabbed a rib bone which fell right off, it's an end piece.

I moaned in delight at the flavor. Pointing to my food, I started to speak. "Thank you. I always loved when you made ribs, especially the sauce you put in it. You haven't made ribs in a while," I told her.

"I haven't?"

"No, so I'm savoring this shit because it'll be a while longer before you make this again. It's rare," I chuckled, then started to cough because my food got caught in my throat.

Grabbing my water, I began drinking it to calm it down.

"Hmph," she shrugged. "I made it on Juneteenth."

"Yeah, and that was probably the last time. I like your food, but your ribs are immaculate," I smiled. "You kill this shit."

She smiled at me. "Thank you."

I believe one of the best compliments that my fiancée enjoys is when it's directed toward the food she cooks. It's almost as if she waits in anticipation to even touch whatever it is that she's eating to watch the person's reaction. I'm glad that I don't ever have to lie to her like my brother does to his woman.

"Just make sure that around your birthday you clear your schedule or whatever," I spoke up.

"I definitely will. Even if I don't do anything on that day because rest will probably be the only thing on my itinerary. Speaking of next month, I will have to clear it anyways because I was nominated for three awards for The Temptations Mini Series," she cheesed. "I found out a few days ago but forgot to tell you. As I previously stated I've been looking into finances and doing my taxes."

"Congratulations!" Then tilted my head "Damn, and you over here just tellin' me? How you forget about being nominated." I raised my eyebrows. "Congratulations! For real! That's a major accomplishment. I have faith that you'll win because that shit was dope. You put out some good-ass movies."

"As I previously stated I've been looking into the finances of everything, especially for the stores, and doing my taxes."

"I still wouldn't forget something like that. That's a big deal! Especially with you bein' black. You know how they do us when it comes to these awards shows," I shook my head. "I'm proud of you though. What day is the awards show?"

"That's the thing..." She trailed off. "I know that this will be our first celebration together if this- well, it isn't a holiday, but celebration type day, I guess you could call it that."

"Baby, get to the point," I told her, then started laughing. "Drifting away and beating around the bush at the same damn time."

"I'm sorry. Okay? It's on the fourteenth of February," she told me.

"That's Valentine's Day," I thought aloud.

"Exactly, that's what I was getting around to," she responded. "Why would they do that?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know, but what I do know is that everybody auntie gon' have good ass time afterward if they walk out of there empty-handed."

"They could be cheered up," Tia curled her lips after her statement.

"Babe, the feeling of working hard at your craft, knowing you killed that shit, being nominated, and still losing to somebody whose work is probably trash is disappointing. Some want to give up and some try harder, but that shit always makes me upset. I went through it many times," I told her.

"I know because I've lost too, but it isn't the end of the world. Everyone or not many people may not like some of the work that you put out, but that's okay sometimes. I used the adverb, sometimes, because it's part of our income. Other times, yeah, we may need to work harder at our craft. We do have to pay attention to our analytics with our careers and not our feelings all of the time. I've put out some things that I'm not very proud of or look back on and think,"what the heck was I thinking?"" Tia smiled at me. "Ye know?"

"I understand that, but most of the shit I wrote went mainstream and we didn't get shit because mothafucka ain't like us," I told her. "People in charge."

"Your work was done very well, however, sometimes what you do and how you treat people in your personal lives, trickles down to your career, especially in the industry business. Not everyone suffers the consequences of their actions, while, others do. I also understand that black people do get snubbed at these award shows, but we also have to recognize that we're also being watched more for what we're doing outside of our craft and judged for that at a higher rate. Not only that, but this is America, anything a celebrity does or is rumored to be doing affects the fans because celebrities are looked up to, which, in turn, affects the votes. You lose gain fans and lose fans whether they're rumors or not," she explained to me, then drank some water. "Not to mention, there are so many fans who don't vote."

I squinted, just taking in everything she said to me. I nodded at her. "You know, that shit makes sense too. '94 was our biggest year when it came to our accolades, but that's when things started spiraling for most of the group in our personal lives, but especially in my life. Our shit was all out in the public with lies added, but in the public, nevertheless. You definitely gave me a different perspective on everything. It's on me too."

"How was work?" Tia asked me again.

"They were sick of my ass. I still have to constantly remind myself that people can't work all day, wearing out their vocals, or just tired in general. It's definitely a challenge. I tell them that we have to get shit done, but also enlighten me on how you're feeling too," I told my fiancée, going further into depth than before. "The same thing, basically..."

"Okay," she nodded and we sat and finished dinner in silence, with the music playing in the background.

My doorbell began to ring and I looked over at Tia we both had the same odd expression on our faces as all of the dogs barking.

"Who the fuck-" I had to pause as I stood up, "at my damn door this damn late at night?"

I put the towel down, and walked straight out of my kitchen, into the hallway, and into the living room to peek out of my window. I opened the door as JoJo walked in.

"Nigga, what the hell are you doin' at my crib this late? These booty call hours," I closed and locked my door. "Is everything good?"

"Do you know this nigga K-Ci up and left?" JoJo asked me.

"Umm, no... What the fuck has that got to do with me? Why couldn't you wait until the mornin' to tell me? K-Ci is always out somewhere," I told him. "What's different?"

"Nahh, man. I mean, this nigga moved out of nowhere. He moved to the West Coast. He didn't look for a house or nothin' there, but he just left everything behind talkin' about her tired and shit," JoJo told me.

"Today?" I asked him.

"He left yesterday, but I called him today so we could head to the studio and this nigga said he moved in the middle of the night. He staying in a hotel for the time being," JoJo told me.

As I started walking back into the kitchen to finish what I was doing which was drying the dishes, I had to reiterate the question. "This couldn't wait until the mornin'?"

JoJo followed me, "no, because we workin' on music. How the hell are we supposed to finish this shit efficiently with his ass so far away? Who the fuck wants to travel so far?"

"I don't know, but you know sometimes we have to do what we have to do as adults. Some spaces aren't for everybody. Shit, Atlanta isn't bad, but I'm over it. I feel like Atlanta is for the single and corporate people. Shit, I'm gon' move too. Not now, but soon," I told him, although, he already knew that.

"But you don't just up and leave in the middle of a project or night. Who does that?" JoJo walked in my direction and sat on the stool on the island.

"That's true, but people have their reasons. He said he was tired. Tired of what? I have no idea," I chuckled, drying the dishes.

"Pshh, man... Then here you go talkin' about Atlanta is for single and corporate people when you're moving to Hollywood. Hollywood is for wealthy people and swingers. Them mothafucka's married, but live like they're single or swingin' with their partners. Shit, I, myself, am sometimes a willing participant in that shit."

I turned to him, "to swing, you need to also be in a relationship. You ain't been in one- a real one in a long ass time."

"Well, I was gifted with fuckin' people's wives or the wives just come to me. I don't know what you call that shit," he told me, laughing and I shook my head. "I ruined plenty of relationships."

"Including your own," I said laughing.

"Nigga, you act like you ain't ruined hella relationships."

"Oh, I'm not denying that shit. Indeed I did, but I ain't doin' that shit now, Jojo," I said, putting the dishes away. "We all had our fair share in so much shit. I will say that karma is a dirty bitch because that shit comes back tenfold. My past relationships or so-called relationships ended terribly," I shook my head.

"With you as the person who ruined it sometimes, so karma definitely came for you. Hopefully, this time your ass don't experience karma," JoJo said looking around. "So where is karma?" He looked back at me, and then started laughing.

"Tia and I were both literally in this kitchen before I went to open the door, but I guess she went upstairs," I shrugged. "We just finished eating dinner and whatnot."

"What's the whatnot about? You did mention booty call hours and shit," JoJo looked at me with a smirk.

"Nah, nigga," I shook my head. "You know what we be on. We don't be doin' shit."

"So you say. Why y'all eatin' dinner so damn late?" JoJo's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"The same reason you decide to come over so damn late. Convenience, nigga," I told him while laughing. "Shit, my stomach is starting to hurt."

"Here I am laying in the hospital, bandaged from feet to head, in a state of shock, just that much from being dead. I didn't think my woman could do something like this to me, I didn't think the girl had the nerve. Here I am
I guess action speaks louder than words," he sang.

"Here your ass go." I laughed through my nose. "My lady ain't like that."

"People will fool the fuck out of you. Man, I'm tellin' you!" He said joking.

"The way your ass trying to get back with Tiny after ALL the shit you done did to her? That's gon' be you one day," I pointed at him, "watch."

"Tiny knows I ain't mean none of that shit," JoJo told me.

"Shit... The way you constantly do shit is proving what you really mean," I told him. "I understand you need to have some type of relationship with her for the kids, but keep it platonic. Y'all toxic as hell and those kids don't deserve that shit."

"Tiny is the one," JoJo told me.

"Treat her like such a then," I told him. "I mean, it could be too late, but if that's what you want then..." I trailed off shrugging. "I can't wait to move out of here though."

"You literally could move with your fiancée. Y'all engaged and shit, but still livin' apart," he told me.

"Tia and I are well aware of what we're doing. It's a moral thing. Besides, that nigga still lives there and I can't walk around free Willy around no niggas," I told him.

"Swing low sweet chariots, but you can't do that shit much longer, because your shit gon' be saggy as hell," he laughed.

"Hey, as we get older, everything starts to defy gravity eventually."

"Other shit can be helped, but my nuts can't," he told me. "Once they deteriorate, that's just it."

"That's true," I closed the cabinets and sat at the island, with a deep sigh. "Well..." I trailed off. "I would love to continue speaking to you, but, it's late, I gotta shit, and I'm tired as hell, so bye," I stood back on my feet.

JoJo stood up, "well, let me be on my way then." He began to walk out of the kitchen, then he turned around. "Wait, y'all got any leftovers?"

"Nigga," I tilted my head. "Didn't you just sing that Thin Line Between Love and Hate song to me? You must want to die too?"

"Shit, I'd die a fulfilled man whose stomach is full," he told me.

"A'ight, I'll give you some food, so you can die happy," I stood up. "You haven't eaten anything?"

"Nigga, look at me, I for sure ate some food. I'm still hungry. I smell bleach, but I also still smell food," he told me. "That girl can cook. You look well-fed. Lookin' less and less like my brother."

"Nigga, I was never K-Ci size," I told him. "I was crackhead strong and K-Ci was just built like a pure crack addict."

"That's fucked up!" JoJo said cracking the hell up.

"She and I keep me well-fed," I told him.

"I can tell," he told me as I sat the food on the island.

"Hello, JoJo," Tia walked into the kitchen, walking past the both of us to the fridge. She's wearing her robe and I hope she has something underneath it. I don't think she knew it was JoJo that was knocking.

"Speak of the devil," JoJo smiled. "What's up?"

"Nothing," Tia closed the fridge. "How's it going?"

"Me? I'm fine. K-Ci on the other hand fled to the other side of the us," JoJo shook his head.

"Okay..." Tia trailed off.

"Same thing that your nigga said. When I say he left, I mean this nigga up and moved up out of Georgia. He left damn near everything behind," he told her.

"Everybody has their reasons for everything," Tia shrugged and I bursted out with laughter.

"Same thing that this nigga said!" JoJo pointed to me.

"Oh," she said pouring water from the pitcher into her half-gallon stainless steel bottle.

"What have you done to my boy? Root work?" JoJo asked Tia.

Tia turned to me with a smile, "I put a spell on you, 'cause you're mine," she sang Nina Simone.

"Was it the food?" JoJo asked Tia.

Tia glanced at me with a smirk, "sure, JoJo," she nodded, looking at him.

"His ass still gon' eat that shit," I chuckled. "Why you ain't fixin' yourself a plate? I took everything out for you."

"I thought you wanted to do it?" JoJo asked me.

"Nigga, do I look like Geoffrey from Fresh Prince?" I asked him. "Hell no. You can go ahead and do it."

"I got it," Tia's eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh, I definitely could've done it," JoJo told her.

"No, that's okay. I'll do it," Tia smiled at him.

"Thanks," he replied.

Tia began making his food. "So, how'd you find out that he left?"

"I went over to his house after he failed to show up to the studio," JoJo responded to Tia. "Although me and K-Ci are not close, we both have keys to each other's house. I went over and I saw all his shit there, but not him. I called his cell phone and he answered. That's just crazy to me that he did this shit out of nowhere," JoJo shook his head. "I don't know what's wrong with that nigga, but he said I could have all of that shit, so I'll be doing that and sell some shit. Hella family pictures are still hung on the wall too. He says he doesn't want anything."

"Damn, you ain't tell me all of that shit," I spoke up.

"Yeah, but you ain't ask me that question and we ran off-topic," JoJo looked over to me.

"Has he been acting strange?" Tia asked JoJo.

"K-Ci is K-Ci. He's hyper, loud, argumentative, and irritable at times," JoJo shrugged. "Typical behavior."

"Oh, well maybe this is the beginning of some type of change in K-Ci. He probably just wants better for himself and thought it'll be better where he is currently," Tia shrugged.

"That nigga is in L.A. If anything, L.A. is just as fast or faster than ATL," JoJo told Tia.

"No, L.A. is way faster than Atlanta and more expensive. However, being that K-Ci is the way he is, it seems that maybe L.A. is probably more fitting for his personality. In a way, that's bad because the atmosphere feeds people's bad habits even more, but that's his business," Tia told him.

"Yeah, can you add a little bit more?" JoJo asked my fiancée and she nodded, doing just that.

"That's the downside of moving to California, specifically Los Angeles. People are able create bad habits and do them freely without being chastised by others because they're doing the same things," I spoke up. "There are consequences for sure, but they're mostly personal ones that you notice while alone," I finished. "It's easier for people to slip back into their old lifestyle."

"Yeah, which is why we're considering other places too," Tia said speaking to the both of us.

"Other places? Other places like what?" JoJo asked us.

"Quieter and chill places maybe. Our lives and careers are already hectic and balance is key. We like peace," I told him. "In L.A. there's paparazzi everywhere and they'll stand outside of your property all night and day and you can't do much because they aren't on your property. You can file a DTP claim, but that won't do much."

"I think we could find something though. L.A. is wide ranged and everywhere isn't the same. Some neighborhoods won't tolerate certain things," Tia told me.

"That's true. They want to attract people who have similar wants, like us. Maybe not our color, but everything else," I chuckled.

"California is very diverse. I don't think they care like that," JoJo told me.

"Yes, they do," Tia and I almost spoke in sync.

"That diverse shit don't matter, they still look at PURE black folks differently," I told him. "But that ain't gon' stop us from doin' what we need to do."

"Exactly. We don't care, but it's something we notice," Tia agreed.

"You think other races still don't look at us like the others?" I asked him. "They'll be around you, but that's because black people bring in most businesses because black folks think they're more inclusive or some shit and buy their products. Shit, even black folks treat each other worse in diverse places"

"Is this enough?" She directed her question towards JoJo, referring to the food.

"A little more," he told her.

"Aye nigga, this is all you get. You ain't finna come here and eat up all our shit. These are tomorrow's leftovers and with you wantin' my fiancée to keep adding to your container, there won't be any leftovers," I grabbed the top, closing the container.

Tomorrow there won't be any cooking or going out for dinner because Tia is going to be gone for a while. She has to catch a flight to her destination and back home, then go back to work. She's going to be exhausted and so will I. There's no point in me making anything because she probably won't like it and we have these leftovers. I just need to make sure we have some food left over. Don't get me wrong because she did make enough, because she usually gives a plate to her security and mine, but mostly Jax and Redd.

"Damn, okay. Calm your ass down," JoJo chuckled.

"And JoJo, please don't come over my house this damn late unannounced like this again or I'm just gon' let you ring the bell all damn day. You can't even tell whether I'm here or not because my car stays in the garage throughout the night," I told him.

"Dang, babe," Tia looked at me, laughing.

"What? I don't play about my safety. A lot of the bad shit that happens to people, happens at night or early in the day. I don't play about my safety," I told them.

"Thanks for the hospitality," JoJo looked at me, "or lack thereof," he laughed aloud.

"Lack thereof would've been me leaving you outside and you seein' my lights turn off one by one from outside," I pointed at him with my thumb.

"Damn, you would do some shit like that again?" JoJo asked me. "You did that shit before. That was disrespectful as fuck too."

Tia's mouth dropped, "you didn't?" She gasped at me in surprise.

"It's shocking to you how rude your man is because he ain't like that with you. I want special treatment. Treat me like a lady, nigga!" He hit my back.

"I ain't gon' lie. That's some gay ass shit to say to any man," I told him, laughing.

"You know what I meant though, right?" He asked me. "Wait, treat me like one that- like her, but still ya boy. You know what I'm sayin'?"

Tia scratched her head, "I don't know about, JoJo..." She trailed off and we bursted out laughing.

"Get your ass on!" I told JoJo.

"A'ight, and this food better be good or I'm showin' up to your job in the mornin'," he told her.

"Good luck with that," she chuckled.

JoJo made his way out of the kitchen and I followed from a distance. When he made it to the door, I tapped him up.

"A'ight, man. I'll see you some other time," I told him.

"A'ight, nigga. See you," he walked and I made sure he got into his car before closing the door.

When I made it back into the kitchen, Tia took one look at me and started laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"You really let this man stand outside as he knocked on the door and rang the doorbell while he watched you turn out all of the lights?" Tia asked me.

"Babe, listen. That was so long ago... Matter fact, it's so long ago that I don't even know how old I was," I told her.

"Not too old for you to have a house, so that's been the past four years maybe?" She questioned. "That's crazy. I can't believe you would do something like that."

"The past is the past," I shrugged. "We still boys."

"Anywho," she held up her finger to yawn, "I'm all showered up, and I'm about to go to bed," she pointed towards the exit of the kitchen.

"I thought that this was a celebration? You don't want to do anything else?" I asked my fiancée. "You had the candles, the rare ass meal, and the non-alcoholic wine. Then that nigga shows up."

"I did want to do something else, but JoJo showed up and stayed here for a couple of hours. Me filling up my bottle is an indicator that I ain't coming back down those stairs. We'll have to continue this another day because I do have to catch a flight in the morning. With that being said, another one will take place soon where we actually spend some time together," Tia told me. "So we'll just call this another night."

"Okay, 'cause I'm tired as hell too," I laughed. "I ain't got shit left in me."

"Those eyes are as low as there were when you smoked weed. Go ahead and get yourself some sleep," she told me.

"I will, but why'd you look at me when I said he could fix his own damn food?" I asked her as we walked up the stairs.

"Because JoJo just left from God knows where and his hands are dirty. I'm sure that he didn't get here and wash his hands. Yes, I could've told him to wash his hands first, but I watch people wash their hands sometimes and they don't do that mess right," she shrugged. "I have to eat those sides too and kiss the mouth of the man who also eats them."

"Who? JoJo?" I asked her and she looked over at me who was smiling.

She then looked ahead, "as I was saying, I'm so sleepy."

I laughed at her ignoring what I said and the rolling of her eyes.

"You knew he was here?" I asked her as we entered my bedroom.

"Yeah, then I went straight upstairs to shower because I knew he'd be here for a while," she spoke, taking off her robe.

"Yeah, because when I was walking to answer the door, you were following close behind me, then suddenly you were gone," I chuckled, sliding my pants down, the taking off my shirt.

"What always confused me about you is that you sleep so bare, but know you're cold," Tia cocked her head to the side as I rubbed my stomach.

"Well, I got body heat from your hot ass and the blanket to cover me, so I'm cool," I told her as she pulled the blanket back, getting into the bed. "I guess I spoke JoJo into existence when I spoke his name before he came."

"I guess so." Tia then took off my shirt, "aren't you coming?" Tia laid down, getting comfortable.

"First, imma head to the bathroom, I gotta take a shit," I told her, walking away.

"Just don't use your hands to wipe. There's toilet tissue, remember?" Tia shouted from the bedroom.

"Got jokes!" I went into the bathroom then the toilet room and turned on the fan. As soon as I entered, I plopped on the toilet and everything flowed out easily because I had been holding it long enough.

I made it to the toilet just in time. I heard a knock the the bathroom door.

"Wh- what?" I said through mid-push.

"Babe, I got a question. What has DeVanté's left cheek been saying to his right cheek tonight?"

"Ain't shit gon' get between them but a log of shi- shit," I pushed again, hearing it drop in the toilet.

"No, we don't hold this ish together," she told me laughing.

"Damn, can I shit in peace?" I asked her, flushing the toilet, still sitting because I ain't trying to stop this toilet up.

"Mm, see what I mean? I feel the same way when you're directly in the bathroom. Ewww, it's disgusting," she told me.

"Bye!" I told her, laughing. "Plus, I ain't ever been in the bathroom while you take hot shits."

"Who says they aren't cold?" She asked sounding far.

"Like piss on drugs, you must be on that. Is that scientifically possible?" I asked her.

"No, I've never heard of it," she said close to the door again.

"You must be stickin' liquor nitrogen up your ass or somethin'," I said laughing, hearing noises on the other side of the door. "What are you doin' in the bathroom?"

"Uh, nothing at all," she chuckled.

"Okay," I replied.

I flushed again, then wiped with tissue, butt wipes, then tissue again between flushes to avoid stopping up my damn toilet. I need a bidet. Tia has that shit in her bathroom at her crib because that shit was built while mine was already built. After I finally was fresh and clean, I opened the toilet room door and immediately heard pops that scared the fuck out of me, making me jolt back.

"You know that you play too much, right?" I asked my fiancée, as I looked down at the large crockpot with firecrackers inside.

She cackled so loud from the bedroom, "I know!"

When the noise stopped, she walked back into the bathroom. Tia picked up the pot and another firecracker popped delayed, scaring her, making her drop the pot, and I fell over laughing.

"Hey, close the door!" She covered her nose.

"You might as well get used to it. Face it, we gon' be livin' together in no time," I laughed harder. "Plus, it doesn't smell that bad," I smiled cooley.

"The heck, it doesn't?" She raised her eyebrows. "Smell it over the firecracker smell."

"That's your fault. You wouldn't have smelled a damn thing if you ain't do this or was near the door," I shrugged. "Payback?"

"Yeah, you got me. Now close the frickin' door!" She picked up the pot, placed it in the shower, and turned on the water.

"My chest is still pounding. Makin' all this damn noise in the middle of the night. The neighbors probably heard it too," I said stepping out of the toilet room and into the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

"Heck, they've heard a lot coming from this address," she turned off the water. "That was funny!"

"Do you want me to open the door again?" I asked her, laughing with a nod. Tia raised her eyebrows at me. "Why would you do that?" I said as the smoke started to dissipate.

"Because I knew it'd be funny."

"But you hate fireworks."

"Donald, I hate the loud boom ones because I feel that mess in my chest, and reminds me of gunshots."

"Damn, what type of neighborhood your ass lived in? The boom ones remind you of gunshots like you in Vietnam?" I started washing my hands at the sink.

"The noise wasn't that loud, Donald. The booms make my body vibrate and like I said, I feel that mess deep in my chest, giving me pain," she told me.

"Oh, okay," I nodded. "You think you have heart problems or somethin'?" I asked her. "That doesn't sound normal."

"It is. Extremely loud booms send vibrations through my chest. Everyone doesn't react the same to different frequencies."

I took my toothbrush out and started brushing my teeth. "I guess."

Tia left the bathroom with the pot, leaving me alone to finish getting ready for bed. I took a shower before dinner and wiped my ass good after taking a nice shit, so I don't need to hop back in the shower. After finishing, I finally got the chance to lie down in my bed. Tia eventually came back and laid down.

"What took you so long?" I asked her.

"I had to dispose of the wet fireworks, soak the pot in bleach, and use the bathroom my dang self. You know that I wasn't going in that bathroom you just blew up," she pulled the covers over her body, facing me. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight," I replied, then she pulled the covers over her head.

I turned away from her and she scooted closer to me, wrapping her arm around me and draping her leg over mine. Good, because I'm colder than a motherfucker.

Word Count: 7,750

Please feel free to like and comment. Feedback is important to me, it keeps me motivated to write. I will try my best to reply back to you.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read another chapter! I really do appreciate it!😘❤😘❤😘❤😘❤😘❤😘❤😘❤

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

88.3K 3.9K 52
E.X.I.T 22, a very successful multi-platinum 4 member girl group gets dropped from their label Interscope Records due to constant fighting , and alte...
1M 30.1K 49
Book #1 of "His & Hers" book trilogy Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #6 in Mafia 2022 #1 in Italianamerican 2022 #4 in Slowburn 2022 #1 in Hook-ups 20...
58.4K 2.2K 101
📢📢📢If you're under the age of 18, this book ain't for you! 📢📢📢 Tia is on the rise of becoming a successful black woman, and a native of a poor...
40.5K 2.4K 27
{Book Two} It's been two years since DeVanté's incident and Morgan has moved to California. Expect MORE drama. Enjoy! ✨ -status: slowly being edited...