Chapter 37: Just a Hunch

Please excuse ANY errors

December 29, 1998

~Cedric (K-Ci's) P.O.V~

"Nigga, why you ain't tell him?" I asked K-Ci once we stepped out of the elevator where DeVanté remained.

"Tell who what?" JoJo asked me confused.

"Tell him that some of that shit that was being said by those damn reporters was already in the magazines back home a little after they left," I replied.

"Me? You saw that shit and told me. It wasn't the other way around," JoJo told me. "Plus, it seems like he got a lot of shit on his plate already with everything that already took place here."

"Well, that shit seems to be true, some of it anyway. We already knew about the whole reason we all are here, but that other shit- that crazy ass shit they was sayin' seems to be the truth. He been goin' through a lot, but," I shook my head chuckling. "That nigga will be mad regardless, but you closer to him than I am."

"I am, but his ass know now, so it ain't no big deal. I'm not gettin' in that shit. And mad at me for what? I'm sure her friends saw that shit too. If it was in our small ass hometowns stores, then it damn sure was in the big cities especially one as big as Atlanta," JoJo pointed out.

I nodded in agreement, "you got a point."

"I know," he said then walked off in the direction of his room.

Well, I'm surprised that shit didn't turn into an argument because we do a lot of that shit. When I made it to my room, I brushed my stank ass breath and a couple of shots because I need that shit. I love DeVanté, but that no-drinking and no-smoking diet just ain't for me. He expects us to be the same around him and there was a promise of not drinking in front of his ass, but that doesn't mean I won't show up a little tipsy.

I drink when I'm not on vacation, so when I'm not on vacation I drink more to get the full effect on vacation. I under why he doesn't want us like that because even without drinks, we can get out of hand and we know how bad it CAN get when we are. I'm not trying to ruin my boy's moment.

I took a little shower because I'm a little ripe under the arms. After doing what I need to do and taking a couple of shots- not enough to get me tipsy, but enough to get me mellow. I'm pissed because I lost a shit ton of money to DeVanté today. I headed upstairs via elevator to DeVanté and Tia's hotel suite where Courtney let us in. It took a while for her to even open the door.

"Hey, where are they at?" I asked Courtney and she shrugged her shoulders. "What took so long?"

"We didn't hear the door," she smiled, then JoJo came inside.

"I hear him! No meat curtains before the wedding, DeVanté!" I heard Elijah say to DeVanté.

"Eej, away from the door!" Tia replied to Elijah.

We both walked in and JoJo closed the door behind him. "What the hell is goin' on?" I asked them.

"Between the sheets in my home," JoJo sang and I looked at him like the idiot he just so happen to be.

"Children need to stay in the children's place." Elijah scoffed at me. "Damn, I was goin' to let your ass wait out there just a little while longer," Elijah gave me a sassy look.