Chapter 33: Didn't Do Enough

Please excuse ANY errors.

December 28, 1998

~Daryl's P.O.V~

I definitely went to the doctor, but I can't get any results. The only thing they were able to do is to stitch me up. Results take a long ass time, but I'm taking some more tests when we land back in the states. I can't even touch my wife. Luckily, I was able to communicate in the language so I could speak to the workers there. I requested someone who speaks English though. I went outside to see Ashari, Creed, and my grandkids across the street. I walked across the street to the McDonald's and took a seat across from Ashari.

"Masir, get your behind back over this way," I ordered and he followed directions. "Don't go back over there. You can play, but don't go past that pole."

"You wanted somethin' out of there?" Ashari asked me.

I frowned. "That greasy ass shit? Hell nah, I'm good. Got to watch my cholesterol. Thanks."

"So... Everything good?" Ashari raised her eyebrows.

"No clue. I can't find nothin' out for a couple of weeks." I shrugged.

"I think you're fine." Ashari shook her head. "But better safe than sorry. Also, I don't think it happens to where they can tell right away."

"I don't know how this shit work. I ain't ever have to get tested for no shit like this. This y'all generation bringin' on new shit." I told her.

"My generation?" She questioned. "How come all people of all ages are gettin' it then? Bullets ain't got no name, and neither do these diseases, mainly when protection or just carelessness happens. My point is some kids born in the 80s and up were born with it or contracted it in some kind of way. People in your generation were and still are havin' kids. Not to mention sharin' needles. And some people just have way too much trust in their partners." She raised an eyebrow.

"Okay... But it was introduced in your generation." I pointed out.

"I was born in the sixties, not eighties." She smiled. "Next!"

I shrugged. "Right. My mistake."

Ashari cleared her throat. "You know... I don't appreciate you mentionin' my name when you spoke on the phone. I told you that out of confidence and it's not her fault that he and that girl acted a fool. Just the fact that they were allowed to stay there."

"If they weren't allowed to stay there, none of this would have occurred," I stated.

"True, but... She knows how Yasir is, yet, she allowed him to stay. You said it yourself, DeVanté even asked her if she wanted to stay a couple of times and she still said yes. Yes, he invited him, but before everything occurred between him and you, then her and him." I replied. "I'm tired of givin' her excuses. She's a grown woman."

"Yeah, but your delivery was off. And if you wanna blame someone, blame your wife for tellin' him where we were even though Tia stated that she didn't want anything to do with him because he's so damn disrespectful." She shrugged.

I frowned. "You blame my wife? Why do you think it was her?"

"WHO ELSE speaks to Yasir? Nobody but her. She ALWAYS takes up for him no matter the situation. He could say he would kill Tia and I believe she STILL would take up for him and make excuses. HELL, even if he kills her." She emphasized some of her words, boldly. "She would definitely take the stand and state: Oh... It wasn't on purpose. Everybody makes mistakes, Your Honor. Let him be free! That's my SON!"