Chapter 21: A Chill Pill

Please excuse ANY grammatical errors.

December 23, 1998

~Dalvin's P.O.V~

Opening the door to De's room, I called out his name to wake him up. "Aye, De?"

He let out a loud ass, roaring snore when I called his name, before it turned back to normal, "De?" So I called his name again only to get the same reaction. "De?"

Exhaling, I laid down beside him on his bed. I began tossing the little toy basketball that Dj brought, hitting the ceiling. I won't do much because it's soft.

"Yo, DeVanté?" I called again, still tossing the basketball.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw DeVanté turn around, muttering in his sleep.

"Bae, it's cold as fuck." He said wrapping his arm around my stomach.

My eyes widened and my head turned. I heard him take a deep breath before I saw his eyebrows furrow and his crusty eyeballs pop open before he screamed and kneed me in my side with those pointy-ass knees of his. Wincing in pain, I still managed to speak.

"Good morning, BAE," I said in a girly voice with a smile, wanting so badly to laugh.

He sat up, wiping his eyes. "What the fuck you doin' in my room? In my fuckin' bed too?

"I was tryna wake yo heavy sleeping ass up. And nigga, do I look like yo BAE?"

"So you lay in my bed and let me wrap my arms around you? Nigga, I almost pulled you close!"

"Oooh, that would've really given it away. Next time I'll stuff my shirt and it won't give it away as quickly." I laughed. "And what you mean, LET you? That shit is used loosely. I ain't know you was finna do that shit. I was just goin' to do annoyin' shit until you woke up ass up."

"That cologne gave it away. Smell like you got the on Axe's brother, Baseball bat. Got that shit all on my sheets. My girl don't wear that stank shit." He said lifting his top lip to his nose, ignoring everything else I had said.

"Nigga, pops brought me this. Tell it to his face."

"Shit, I will. Fuck is that anyway? Smell like something he used to spray on us when we was kids." He lifted his shirt up o his nose. I sat up. "Nigga, rise the fuck up outta my bed!"

I stood up."We ain't ever wear no Calvin Klein as kids. It's called Obsession."

"That shit should be called Repulsive because that shit stank. Walmart ass cologne."

"Nigga, ion care or know where it came from. It's a gift."

"That smell like a nursin' home." He chuckled.

"Yeah... I know, but-"

He cut me off. "What you waking me up for?"

"Rude ass, bitch. I noticed how grouchy you was until you found out it was me." I began to make my voice crack. "You almost pulled me close, just to push me away? I'm your brother and it ain't like- it ain't like we never slept in the same bed before."