The twilight curse

By SethDragon

The story is around a hundred years later after the calamity Ganon took over hyrule. Hyrule is in great dang... More

ch 1; the beginning
ch 2; the naked man
ch 3; time to leave
ch 4; Do you want me?
ch 5; not feeling well
ch 6; the zora king
ch 7; in the heat
ch 8; the letter
ch 9; the night of the blood moon
ch 10; wrong name
ch 11; repeat after me
ch 12; The leader of Kakariko
ch 13; the dog meeting the shark
ch 14; Let's heading back
ch 15; Vah Ruta
ch 16; Farewell, for now
ch 17; Rito village
ch 18; flight range, the test
ch 19; Vah Medoh
ch 20; the missing Rito
ch 21; Glitches part one
part two; the former yiga
ch 22; Kara kara bazaar
ch 23; Gerudo town
ch 24; unexpected news
ch 25; Vah Naboris
ch 26; YOU ARE BACK!!!
ch 27; the garden
ch 28; old and new memories
ch 29; The lost woods
ch 30; Run piggy, run
ch 31; The twilight mirror
ch 32; The battle at hyrule castle, pt. 1
The battle at hyrule castle, pt.2
The battle at hyrule castle, pt.3
ch 33; The birth of Demise
ch 34; Pure chaos
ch 35; One last chance
ch 36; Two kind of betrayals
ch 37; Assembled army
ch 38; Making a choice
ch 39; Encounters in the forest
ch 1; I refuse to marry him!
ch 2; It's unfair!
ch 3; Wetland stable

ch 40; The final battle

12 0 0
By SethDragon

'

It's both fascinating but, at the same time, terrifying... Like how many times, Demise gets stabbed without dying.
Dark blood is running down along dark skin. Smearing around as thick as oil and dropping down at the grassy ground as smooth as water.

The worst wounds are caused by the master sword. Since it seems as if those wounds won't heal and cause a lot of blood to keep coming out from them.

Demise is staring in the same hate at everyone, except for Link. It's like where is something painful behind those angry eyes. Like a heartbreak. If that's even possible...

Link doesn't even bother to look him in the eyes. Instead, he prepared himself to attack him again.
The hylian was about to move forward when Ganondorf used light magic from aside and caused the demon to burst out in a loud and painful cry.
Link relaxes the muscles and gets a weird feeling inside of him. Like, the current battle is now over.

The second when the magic attack is over, Demise slumps down with a blank expression on the face. Even the eyes look rather dull, as if he wasn't present. An empty shell without a soul inside.

Link shudders.
It kind of feels as if the demon king is dead... But, he can still feel a present from him. Although it might be very small.

Ganondorf looks over at Link with the gaze passing Demise.
" KILL HIM... LINK, DO THE FINAL ATTACK WITH THAT SWORD!" He shouts.

Link looks confused back at him.
" What?..." he says in a rather low voice.

Ganondorf inhales deeply to repeat the first part about killing Demise.
But, he doesn't get the chance to form the words again before something starts happening.
Demise's body starts dissolving its human form and creating his former creature form. Black mist is surrounding him and makes everyone gasp.

The ground starts shaking violently while the lightnings stop striking from above.
The violent quakes cause Sidon to lose footing and make him fall.

Link and Linkly stumbled around to prevent themselves from falling, while Ganondorf stood steadily on the ground.

A moment later, the frequent quakes stop, and the huge creature growls loudly.

Link blinks in confusion.
"... Eh? What happened with him?" He mumbles and didn't notice Ganondorf reached him and the others.

"... He has lost too much energy and needed to get back to this simple lifeform... If we don't stop him now, he will cause pure chaos ..." Ganondorf explains and doesn't bother to look at him. Instead, he stares up at the monster with pinecone looking scales.
They might only be able to hurt the monster on its toes and its forehead. So, attacking it somewhere else would be pointless. And if they did, where is a risk their weapons might break. Something they can't risk at a time like this.

The Gerudo man takes out the small stake Midna brought and looks askingly down at it. He would rather kill that thing than imprison it. 'Cause it's not a guarantee the seal will remain. And, he doesn't want to push this problem to the future. But... If they can't kill the creature, then he doesn't have another choice than imprison it.

Ganondorf looks up at the others.
"... I need you to bring that monster down on the ground... Then, I will imprison it with this stake if the master sword can't kill the thing..." he tells them and gives Link an asking look.
"... Are we clear with our goal?" He asks since he has noticed Link isn't himself.

Link and the others nod.
Ganondorf clears the throat and looks back up at the creature who has started walking. Each step causes a new quake.
" Good... Cause we don't have the luxury for any mistake..." he says.

A few trees break apart since the creature's body pushes them aside while passing them. The trees thud heavily down at the ground.

The sun starts slowly arising from the horizon. Reminding everyone a new day is about to begin. Also, how exhausted the warriors are.

***

Sidon hits the last toe, causing the weird and smelling liquid to burst out from the wound.
The creature shrieks loudly from the pain and falls down onto the stomach where it gets paralyzed for a moment.

The Zora looks proudly over to the others.
" Alright, dog, the beast is yours... Attack it on its forehead..." he grins.

Link rolls the eyes.
" Yeah... Yeah..." he mumbles and runs toward the monster's front.
The heart pounds in bad conscience when he stands in front of the monster's head.
He swallows hardly and starts climbing its scaled body. The scales are pretty slippery, and he needs to fully focus to prevent slipping.

A short while later, he stands on the right position and stands upright with the master sword arose in the air to do the final blow.
He inhales deeply and makes the strike where the master sword gets deep into the monster's forehead.
A lot of lighting appears around the wound and the sword, while the monster screams dreadfully in pure pain.

The sword starts shaking violently and makes it harder for Link to hold it down.
The muscles in the arms start feeling sore, and the hylian clenches the jaw while kneeling slightly down.
A little more... And the monster should -...
Suddenly, the sword brights up in a blinding light shortly before it breaks in the middle and causes Link to throw off of the monster's forehead.
He gasps and lets go of the sword in midair, where it thuds down at the grassy ground. A few meters away from where he lands.

The sight causes everyone to gasp, where Linkly runs toward Link and kneels down next to him.
" A-are you alright?!" He asks and gets a short 'Y-yeah' back.

Sidon walks toward the dropped master sword and picks it up with a surprised gasp from seeing its damage.
" Oh, no... This can't be good..." he mumbles silently.

Ganondorf stares horrified at the creature, where the remaining part of the master sword dissolves into nothing. And how the hurted monster starts slowly getting its mobility back.
The Gerudo man clicks the tongue and holds the stake tightly with the hand, where he starts taking a swift step forward toward the monster. But-... He halts the steps when the creature suddenly starts sliding along the ground and swiftly away from them.
Ganondorf grunts in confusion.

The rumbling sounds from the creature's movements get everyone's attention, where everyone stands upright.

Linkly blink.
"... What, now?"

Ganondorf grits the teeth and looks over at them.
" Hurry... We need to follow that thing before we lose sight of it..." he tells them before running to catch up with the monster.

Sidon and Linkly look at each other for a brief moment before they nod and start running to follow them.

Link inhales sharply and looks confused around the grassy area. The sword should be -....

Linkly looks over the shoulder while running with a low panting.
" Hurry, Link... We don't have the time to stay behind..."

Link jolts.
" B-but the sword..." he protests and doesn't get the chance to finish the sentence when Sidon interrupts him.

" DON'T WORRY, I HAVE THE SWORD... IT'S BROKEN, THOUGH..." he explains and waves with the broken master sword to show Link while running.

Link shakes the head.
" I-... M-mean..." he protests before he lets out a sigh of disappointment.
"... Never mind... I will get back later..." he mumbles and furrows the eyebrows while looking over the shoulder at the forest area before following the others by running.

***

It feels as if the hunt would never reach an end. They keep running and running, but the creature seems to never slow down.
The minutes keep ticking second by second, and the sun starts shining warmly at them. The sweat starts covering their bodies, and it feels like an endless circle.

At some point, they lost the sight of the creature. Luckily them, the ground is roughly dug up where the monster slid through. So, they can still follow the creature by its tracks.

At last... They reach outside of a temple between two cliffs. The shadows between those cliffs are soothing on their warm and sweaty skins, while the sky seems to change colors once again and starts preparing for the dusk.

The creature walks around on the feet, and the toes have regrown again.

Sidon pants loudly with a hissing sound while looking around with a bit dizzy head.
" Wh... Where A-are we?" He pants while running the back of the trembling hand along the cheek and the chin.

Ganondorf gives him a short look over the shoulder.
"... Temple of time... Or, what's left of it..." he explains.
"... Sadly, it has been forgotten over time... And, no one remembered the great things that occurred here..." he adds before inhaling deeply.
"... And now.... I want you to get the creature back down at the ground... There, I will imprison it and hopefully keep the thing away from our world..." Ganondorf says to swiftly change the subject before losing too much time.

***

It feels as if the battle is over before it even got started. And the creature falls heavily down at the naked ground.
The Gerudo man doesn't hesitate to make the stake larger and bigger with magic before he impaled the monster's forehead with it. The same spot, where the master sword impaled earlier.

The attack makes the creature to howl loudly in pain and flinch with the head and feet.

Ganondorf starts chanting a magical spell to imprison the monster to the ground and a circle with runes starts forming around the ground underneath the thing.
And when the circle is fully formed, it starts lightning up in a bright light and trapping the creature within. The creature growls one last time before it fully dissolves, where its remaining particles get trapped underneath the stake.

The four men stare at the stake and hold their breath. Is the battle finally over?

Ganondorf is the first to break the silence.
"... It's finally over..." he mumbles and lets out a sigh of relief.
Demise is gone, and he will never be worried about turning evil again. That battle is now over and he can take a break in life.

After a short celebration, which almost only includes Sidon, the group decide to head back home.
Well, almost everyone...

Link tells them he needs to head out on a journey alone to find back to himself again, and he doesn't want anyone to wait for his arrival. So, he parts with everyone, where his first goal is to find the sword Zant got turned into.

Linkly and Sidon get back to Zoras domain, where Sidon gets crowned as its king. And they are raising Dark together as their son.

Ganondorf returns to his castle, where he starts taking care of the aftermath of the awful war. There, he tries helping villagers to rebuild their homes and get back on the feet.

The master sword gets left behind in temple of time to recover. In case they might need the sword one day. But also giving Midna the chance to heal within the sword.

It seems as if Hyrule and Calatia have finally found peace... Sadly, it seems as if their people could only relax around seventeen years before the next event... A nightmare no one could even dream about...
There, a few of our beloved heroes might reach the end of their life...

A/N; Thanks for reading. The book "The twilight curse" is now over. But, I will write a few chapters about Dark and his life in Zoras domain, including a short journey, where he meets an interesting Rito.
These chapters will be included in this book... So, stay if you want to read them ~☆

,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.9K 2.7K 50
You are the Hylian champion, chosen to be so a century ago. Waking up in the Shrine of Resurrection is a shock, but having no memories to go along wi...
79.4K 1.7K 20
Zelink AU Modern Fanfiction Link lives a miserable life. Every day it seems that the same exact events repeat themselves, like he's living in a loop...
22.8K 709 33
(SIDON X LINK) (Finished) This is a story about Link who has to take over Zelda's duty to get force married with prince Sidon. zelda got a letter fr...
43.3K 1.5K 62
When Zelda is forced to marry a tyrant that would bring her country to ruin, she lashes out at her new husband. The new King plots against her so he...