This Means War

Oleh CynthiaRayneOfficial

Previously titled Checkmate on Wattpad... #1.5 in 'Playing for Keeps series' Love is a strange thing, even th... Lebih Banyak

1| Pack Your Shit Italy Awaits
2| Like Some Geltao With That Leather Jacket
3| The Italian God
4 | Paybacks A Bitch
Nathaniel & Nancy | Bitter Sweet Loneliness
Nathaniel & Nancy | Wild Animal In 602
Nathaniel & Nancy | Spaghetti Con La Bottarga
Nathaniel & Nancy | The Black Out
Nathaniel & Nancy | Amateur Mike Tyson And LaChapelle's exhibition
Nathaniel & Nancy | Wrap It Up Tom And Jerry
Nathaniel & Nancy | A Hidden Past
Nathaniel & Nancy | The Ugly Truth
Nathaniel & Nancy | Hotel From Hell
Nathaniel & Nancy | The Final Dance

Nathaniel & Nancy | Godzilla The Feminist And A Misogynist

30.4K 1K 164
Oleh CynthiaRayneOfficial

Nathaniel & Nancy | Godzilla, The Feminist And A Misogynist

***
Nathaniel had gone to receive Daniel and because I had been avoiding him like the plague I decided to prep for his arrival to the site. Just walking back into the old museum significantly lifted my mood, I admired it for an appropriate amount of time before setting off to work. Setting up a portable table I laid out the necessary files and blueprints. I knew it was better to begin finalising the designs immediately, making any adjustments would be more efficient as we worked through the ideas.

The last thing we needed was any confusion, plus this head start meant we had some slack if any future changes were to arise. My mind wondered through a series of topics, it was almost as though I had blacked out at some point. The sound of echoed voices was what finally brought me out of my deep contemplation. My eyes met Nathaniel's instantaneously, regardless of being behind the impressive builds of both Enrique and Daniel my gaze was instinctively drawn to him.

I expected to see anger in those greyish blue eyes of his, incidentally there was some but funnily enough I didn't feel it directed towards me. For the first time in five years I saw regret and anger towards someone other than me. "Nancy." Daniel greeted me, pulling me into a sideways hug he continued with his conversation with Enrique. Both Nathaniel and I fell behind, neither of us making an attempt to walk any faster. I glanced at him once before keeping my gaze fixed to the floor.

When the silence between us finally became unbearable I picked up the pace opting for distance. Before I could fall into line with Daniel, he caught my wrist and pulled me back with a soft tug. When Enrique and Daniel had moved out of hearing range Nathaniel finally looked at me. Twisting my hand in his grip I attempted to free my hand. "Let go..." I whispered. Releasing me he pushing his fingers through his hair roughly before sliding his hands down his face. I turned to leave when he caught my wrist again.

"Yesterday...I." He stopped and I clenched my jaw before shaking his grip off my wrist. "I was out of line...both times." He didn't elaborate, he simply moved around me and continued to the table I'd set up. The corner of my mouth twitched with a smile, did angry young man just attempt to apologise to me? My subconscious fell into an arm chair crossing her leg over the other, slumping back into the seat she dusted her shoulders. I had an urge to jump with joy, however I kept it together. I wasn't a complete loon after all and in all honesty he hadn't actually said the precise words - I'm sorry.'

You couldn't really class what he'd said as an apology at all, it was simply a statement. We both knew he was out of line, but apparently being so still hadn't been enough to warrant an apology. Having finally gathered my scattering thoughts I pushed the small line of communication out of mind. Making my way to the table I proceeded to ignore Nathaniel's presence all together.

"Charlie has a way of reading people, basically she took everything that inspires you and embedded it in the design." I smiled at how openly Daniel was praising Charlie, without doubt she deserved it. With a nod Enrique agreed, "She thought it'd be classier to keep the gold veined marble floors. That'll be slightly problematic with the kitchen installation, but ultimately it'll be more beneficial."

Daniel held his hand out for the floor plan and I handed him the file, it was hard to stay focused with Nathaniel's relentless stare setting my skin on fire. I couldn't understand how he'd expected me to react, not that he'd given you longer than a millisecond to do so. My subconscious pointed out. "What do you think Nancy?"

"Huh?" Looking down at the opened file I took a gamble and nodded. "I think it's...perfect?" I stated unsure, it seemed more like a question. Chucking nervously I cleared my throat, then decided to go with something noncommittal. Shrugging I tossed my head like a near rabid animal, Daniel's jaw dropped. I was almost too afraid to look at Nathaniel. I did regardless, I must truly be a gluten for punishment. Clenching his jaw he glared at me like I'd just blown the entire deal. Swallowing I dropped my head.

"Are you feeling alright signorina?" Enrique asked placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine..." I mumbled. I felt my body swivel, lifting my chin with his thumb and index finger he forced me to make eye contact.

"Sei sicuro? Are you sure bella? You did just say replacing the gating with stoned walls would be perfect... If I recall correctly you were quite taken by the gates, no?" Looking down at the file I noticed the other side had the plans for replacing the gates.

"Sorry, you're right. I was actually thinking about something else. "I admitted. When I continued to hold their attention I decided I needed to elaborate. "The artwork, where is it now?" I asked looking around at the empty museum.

"Most of it has been shifted to other museums, I kept several pieces that caught my attention."

"I thought maybe showcasing the art would offset the open plan kitchen. I mean looking at a magnificent piece of art as fine cuisine is being flamed, tossed and severed...the experience doesn't get much better."

"Nice." Daniel added, looking around at the empty space. "Looks like Charlie's rubbing off on you." Smiling I inwardly sighed. The more I thought about my lie the more I started to see the image come to life, it wasn't a terrible save...on the spot at that. Pull it together Nancy. You need to focus on your job. Work quickly absorbed us as we chopped and changed ideas, polishing the designs to perfection. It was easy once the ball got rolling, more comfortable too. It was probably Daniel's presence, he just made the atmosphere more playful.

Nathaniel was in the middle of explaining the timeline for construction when his phone buzzed against the table. Everyone watched him expectantly, he simply glared at the piece of technology like some offending object. "Uhm..." I cleared my throat before eyeing his phone, Charlie's name flashed across the screen with a.k.a The She-devil bracketed afterwards.

"You wanna get that Nathaniel." It was more an order, Daniel folded his arms as though he were about to scold a bratty toddler.

"Please." Enrique added gesturing to the phone, I smirked when his mouth moved furiously as he swiped the phone from the table. It was barely audible but I was certain that every word was a curse...lucky me. In that moment I wondered how karma worked, would I get my comeuppance immediately or in say...ten to fifteen years, because I could handle that. I'd rather the punishment be in my very distant future.

"I'm...I'm sorry Nancy." He grated the words out and Daniel's eyes widened, the second the phone unlocked Nathaniel answered it. "Calling to check I didn't jump off the plane? Or do you just fuck-" his voice disappeared completely when the sound of Daniel's hysterical laughter echoed off the marble and glass. Nathaniel looked flushed as he glanced between Enrique and Daniel.

Clutching his stomach Daniel began to laugh harder, I was genuinely afraid he'd stopped breathing when his face took on an unhealthy shade of red. Enrique watched in slight amusement but mostly confusion, chewing on the inside of my mouth I tried to keep a straight face. It was bloody hard I'll tell you that. Nathaniel almost growled at me, flipping he stalked towards the courtyard. Flicking the tears from his eyes Daniel straightened gasping for air. "I...I'm sorry-" before he could finish he burst into another fit of laughter. "What the hell was that, an apology? Jesus Christ Nathaniel Hughes just apologised?" His body shook violently as he made an attempt to compose himself.

"Um...let's just finish this..." I muttered a little too quickly, he watched me suspiciously before apologising to Enrique and continuing with the changes. I looked over my shoulder to Nathaniel, fuming with rage as he barked at Charlie. Well...I'm betting the anger has returned to you now. My subconscious slowly sank away, gulping I mentally braced myself for the approaching storm.

***

"So...um Nathaniel. Any particular reason why you keep...Christ...declining every call you get?" I narrowed my eyes at Daniel and he lifted his shoulders innocently. "Just curious Nance." He chuckled fighting the urge to erupt with laughter. Nathaniel's chest began to rise and fall with suppressed anger, his cheeks distinctively coloured to an embarrassing shade of pink.

"I...I just remembered I have to make a call." I mumbled, taking my beer in hand I sped to the terrace door. The evening unwinding sesh was officially over for me, I could just see Nathaniel tossing me over the railings at any given second. Picking up the pace when I heard Daniel howl with laughter I hurried to an elevator and climbed in practically shuddering. He is so going to get you back, that's a given...now the question remains as to how? Throwing back what was left of my drink I disposed of the bottle upon entering my room.

I smiled in relief, "my sanctuary. Safe for another night." I chuckled at the memory of Nathaniel's public apology to me as I fell back into my mattress, welcoming sleep. Closing my eyes I let the comfortable sheets absorb me.

The most obnoxious sound of knocking thundered into my room. Burying my face into a pillow I groaned, I could have only been asleep not even ten minutes, this was inhumane! "Nancy! God Nancy open the damn door!" All sense of exhaustion vanished when Nathaniel's voice followed the rapid fire knocks. Bounding up I stood in the centre of the bed madly glancing around the dark room for something I could use to fight him off; a knife, a bat, a spork? Dear god anything! "Fucking hell Nancy we have to go stop Daniel before he kills someone!"

Wait what? I stilled absorbing his words. "W...what do you mean-"

"I don't have time to explain damn it! We need to stop him before we all get kicked out of Italy!" Kicked out of Italy? What the fuck had Daniel done? I glanced at the digital clock and winced, so I'd been asleep for closer to three hours than ten minutes. Jumping off the bed I rushed to the door, his fisted hand froze mid-air. I was thankful, I quite liked my nose and I was most definitely not keen on a permanent nose job.

"What? What happened?" Clasping my wrist he pulled me down the hall as he raced towards the staircase. "Nate! Nate what happened? The elevator would be quicker-"

"We'd have to wait for it, just hurry the fuck up!" He snapped, I resorted to internally freaking out as I struggled to meet his strides. He practically flew down twelve flights of stairs.

"Where are we going? At least tell me something! Is Daniel alright?" I was starting to worry that someone might be seriously injured, pushing through a door he dragged me towards the dining hall. Spinning me to stand in front of himself he pointed over my shoulder.

"In there. We're screwed Nancy, Charlie's going to kill us." Worrying my bottom lip I opened my mouth to ask him what had happened when he turned me. "Go! Stop him, I've tried everything." Shoving me forward he forced me through the swinging double doors, stumbling inside I struggled to get my footing as I took in the scene. Hundreds of faces turned to stare at me, all shocked and some...terrified? Several forks and other forms of cutlery fell from hands before silence consumed the entire room.

A man screamed with laughter from one of the furthest tables in the hall, laughing hysterically he toppled from his seat which started some sort of chain reaction. The entire room erupted with howls, whistles and crows of laughter. I shifted uncomfortably as people began to point and bang their palms down on the table. I cautiously looked over my shoulder to check if the object of such amusement was standing behind me...no one, just what I was afraid of. "Wh...what is that?" A little girl squealed, he face pink from loss of oxygen. Staggering back I rushed out of the room.

I could still hear the laughter until I'd cleared the floor and made it to the elevator just as it slid open to reveal Nathaniel. Smirking smugly as he leaned against the back wall of the cart. Marching towards him I slipped inside perching my hands up on my hips. "What the hell is going on Nathaniel? Where's Daniel? And what the bloody hell happened?"

"Karma's what happened Cece." I narrowed my eyes at him and took a step forward.

"And what exactly is that supposed to mean?" Pressing a finger over his mouth his body began to shake with laughter, it took me by surprise. Lifting his other hand he held a round, portable mirror in his hand. Rotating the handle in his grip he revealed the glass to me. "Ah!" I screamed at the sight of what looked like Shrek, Chucky and the grim reaper's spawn. Dropping my arms I took a step back blinking several times, this had to be a dream, a god awful dream... "What did you do to me?" I questioned, shakily lifting my hands to my face.

I didn't even know what chemicals and materials were attached to my face, I didn't even want to know how they were attached let alone with what. "What...oh go...?" I whimpered touching the rough substances covering my cheeks, believe it or not the hideous scales were the least terrifying features of the mask from hell.

"Karma." He stated harshly lowering the mirror, "you really did enjoy that beer, didn't you?" Narrowing his eyes into slits he smirked, "you may fix my phone anytime now." Pulling his phone from his back pocket he held it out to me, my jaw dropped and I could have sworn it weighed a tone...with all this shit on it, how could it not? My subconscious held her hands over her face as she inched away. It was then that I realised the real extent to what he'd done.

"Son of a bitch." I hissed clenching my jaw. Taking a mock bow he straightened with a wicked grin plastered to his beautiful lips. "You drugged me! You fucking immature nutter!"

"Takes one to know one." He retorted childishly. Shoving at his chest I flipped, as if on cue the doors slid open. Storming down the hall I made my way to the last room on our floor, banging like a...well, like a fucking immature nutter I did the only thing I could think to do...tattle on the prick. The door swung open with Daniel half naked and wiping sleep from his eyes.

"Fuck!" He screeched jumping back, his eyes widened taking me in and his hands shot up instantaneously, forming a cross with his index fingers he began to shoo me away. I rolled my eyes.

"Cut it out!" I squealed fuming and more embarrassed than I'd ever been. Lowering his hands he rubbed his eyes furiously.

"N...Nancy?" His voice rose to a girly pitch, pinching his forearm he winced before soothing the small injury. He took a step closer, lifting his hand again he poked the studs stuck to my forehead. "Is this what you look like without makeup?" Slapping his hand away I flipped to find Nathaniel strolling towards us triumphantly.

"That bloody incentive prick did this to me?" I pointed to him like a four year old would tattling on the playground bully. "And he tricked me into showing this monstrosity to a dining hall full of people!" I circled my face with my finger on the verge of tears. Daniel looked from me to Nathaniel wide eyed, "well?!" I snapped "aren't you going to do anything about it?" Jumping at my tone he nodded extremely seriously before walking back into his dark room.

Looking over my shoulder I smirked at Nathaniel as he straightened, his smug features morphed into slight concern. I didn't even care what my face looked like right now because the smart ass was going to get his! "I have no choice, I have to do this." I turned to face Daniel and was nearly blinded by a flash, I stumbled back blinking frantically. I was stunned into silence as Nathaniel collapsed onto the floor heaving for oxygen, the sound of his laughter was quickly becoming infuriating.

I looked at Daniel with the betrayal I felt and he placed a hand over his bare chest, his body shaking violently with suppressed laughter. "I'm...I'm sorry, it just...oh fuck-" he began to convulse with laughter, backing up Nathaniel's howls and soon it sounded like the most irritating chorus one could ever hear.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I clawed at the air for his camera, lifting his arm into the air he held it out of reach. Shaking his head he continued to cackle, tears seeping from the corner of his eyes. I'm sure I was turning a bright shade of red beneath the crap Nathaniel had given me a facial with...unfortunately he was so damn thorough that nobody would ever know that I currently resembled a tomato...

"Nance...oh Jesus fucking Christ! Charlie's going to piss herself when she see...sees oh god!" He couldn't even finish the sentence.

"Give me my fucking key card you asshole!" Shakily reaching into his back pocket Nathaniel remained in his hunched over position as he held the card out to me. Snatching it from his fingers I opened my moth to insult him in any way possible, however his incessant laughter prevented me from uttering a word. My chest began to expand and fall, I silently vowed that he'd pay. "Ugh!" I screamed, unable to stand the humiliation any longer I stormed down the hall way.

"L...look out! Godzilla's on the prowl!" Nathaniel called behind me in mock horror, still laughing might I add. I looked over my shoulder just as Daniel joined Nathaniel on the floor clutching his abdomen and gasping for air.

"You know what? Fuck you!" I barked shoving the key card into the slot and ploughing into the room like...well, like God-fricken-Zillah!

***
My face was so unbelievably puffy and red, no amount of concealer in the world could fix it. Sniffling I continued to remove what remained of I think craft glue from my eyebrows. "Stupid fucking Nathaniel...dumb ass Daniel...going to pay...wish you were dead, bloody bastards!" I mumbled to myself, cursing them both as I brought an ice pack to my swollen cheeks. I'd scrubbed my face for a solid two hours before getting most of the shit he'd plastered to my features off. On the bright side it had given me plenary of alone time to plot not one, but two murders, I was pretty confident as to how flawlessly I'd be able to execute my plans...nobody would suspect a five foot Brit as having hacked two six foot something assholes to pieces...I mean that's ridiculous.

A soft knocking echoed into the room and I whipped my head in the direction. "Knock one more time and I'll hand you your own balls!" The knocking ceased instantly and I smirked, "that's what I thought." I stated smugly, facing the mirror.

"M...madam." A small voice squeaked from outside my door, I winced when I realised it wasn't Nathaniel or Daniel. Standing I moved to the door before opening it. "S...spiacente, sorry to disturb you signorina." The man from the lobby gulped taking a step back, I watched his hands covertly shift to cover his crotch.

"I...thought you were someone else." I looked down the hall and found it empty. "What can I do for you?" He cautiously handed me a note, flipping it open I clenched my jaw.

'Not trying to rattle the cage or anything but we have a meeting with the construction company hired for this project...also...ensure you arrive as Nancy Williams and not Godzilla. Much obliged, Daniel Quinn; a.k.a. Your boss.'

"Seriously?" I hissed before glaring at the man, he visibly tensed. "Ever heard the term shooting the messenger?" I grated out suggestively, shaking his head furiously he eyed the elevator.

"S...spiacente signorina, Signore Quinn requested I deliver this." I took a step forward, my fingers flexing at my side. "Mi scusi..." He mumbled rapidly before darting off towards the elevator and his escape.

"Ugh!" I screamed ripping the note to shreds and storming into the bathroom.

***
I decided fashionably late was the way to go, in no world did Nancy Williams turn up anywhere with a balloon for a face. I had given both Daniel, Nathaniel and at least a few hundred perfect strangers enough entertainment for one night. I was a laughing stock and there wasn't a chance I'd be handing anybody an encore. Picking out a khaki and black Vesper 2 in 1 cross front dress with gold buttons on the hip I got dressed, my aim was to look both professional and hot. Pairing it off with some black Sensatory 2 barely there heeled sandals with a thin ankle strap.

Tossing my hair, I applied some light makeup and opted for a nude shade of brown lipstick. Keeping it earthy, profession and just a little naughty. The shade of lipstick a women wears gives a lot away about her intention, mine were currently to walk into this meeting with my head held high to charm anyone and everyone present. After what Nathaniel's makeover made me feel like,  I needed to feel pretty, maybe then we can get some sleep without dreaming of every horror film ever made. My subconscious commented dryly, as per usual adding her unsolicited ten cents.

Making my way to the lobby I saw Nathaniel and Daniel sitting on the white leather lounges, spotting me they both looked at each other and chuckled. Sucking in a deep breath I walked towards them, straightening they both stood fixing their shirts and jackets without reason. I could see them both struggling to contain their laughter and I momentarily pictured them both falling off a cliff. Reigning in my anger I smiled brightly, digging into my bag I extended the construction file to Daniel. He eyed it sceptically for a few moments and I inwardly smiled, they were scared...and boy should they be.

***
Holding my arm out I prevented both Daniel and Nathaniel from moving forward, Turing I eyed them seriously. They looked at each other and I smiled. "Because we're keeping the gating as a feature it means their payout has decreased significantly. You get to give them that good news Mr Quinn...a.k.a. My boss." Smiling I handed him the blue finances file.

"Uh...don't you think it'd be better coming from you? I don't exactly have any of the raw materials to smooth the news over...not for this crowd anyway." He gestured to my outfit and I inwardly smirked. Nathaniel scoffed before snatching the file from Daniel.

"Please, they're business man. I'll give them the news, it's still a huge contract not to mention the free and ongoing advertisement they'll get representing Enrique Prince Amorosi. I'll tell them and they'll probably thank me, less work for them." He stated smugly, I didn't miss the slight mockery when he said Enrique's name. Smiling I nodded.

"Be my guest." I extended a hand for him to enter the office first. Lifting his head he walked in, the second we entered the conference room Nathaniel and Daniel began to greet and shake the hands of every man present...I on the other hand had done my research, to the point where it was borderline stalking. Smiling politely I moved past Nathaniel and Daniel completely ignoring the other men, Daniel gave me a sideways look and Nathaniel just shook his head. "Signora Gabrielle Antonelli, Nancy Williams." Shaking the tall women's hand firmly I offered her a respectful smile.

Both Nathaniel and Daniel froze before registering what had happened, rushing to my side they greeted her. She chuckled giving me a knowing smile before winking, the women was stunning. Tall and lean, it was hard to picture her with a jackhammer but based on what my research had unearthed she could and does operate that and more on a daily basis. That too with two young boys to raise. She'd built this company from the ground up, I know Charlie had selected her for this purpose. An independent women who made her own success, her work was brilliant and she ran a tight ship which meant we could guarantee an accurate timeline for Enrique.

When Charlie had spoken to her she'd assured us that her men and I quote; 'either fall into line of fall off the face of the earth.' I liked this women already. "I see you've already met my consultants, head of specific departments." Daniel gave me a pleading look when he read the undertone to what Gabrielle had said, I just widened my eyes innocently.

"We apologise for the miss understanding Miss Antonelli, this profession and women don't generally mix; our mistake."

"Mrs." She corrected before taking her seat at the end of the table, facing the monitor and screen. I bit back a smile, a silenced Nathaniel Hughes was a rare sight indeed. Before Nathaniel took his seat I clasped him above the elbow and pulled up to his ear.

"You sure you got this? Feminists can be quite difficult to work with..." He swallowed but smirked anyway, running a hand through his hair he gave me an over confident smile. Releasing him I mouth the word ok and took my seat beside Daniel. "You should have just delivered the news yourself..." I scanned his body slowly and winked, "I'd say you have all the raw materials for this crowd."

"Ha...so not funny." He whispered loosening his tie and watching Nathaniel cautiously. I smirked, of course I'd be nervous too if I'd just sent the most hot-headed, egotistical asshole to deliver some pretty bad news for a construction contract. Especially one with a feminist head, who he'd only moments earlier insulted.

"Before we go over the finer details I unfortunately have some bad news. In all honesty it's not terrible news, I mean it means less work for you." Gabrielle kept a straight face as she listened to Nathaniel and his slightly condescending tone. "Because our client Mr Amorosi has decided on keeping the gates as a feature we no longer need the stoning walls, they won't be replacing the gates. This has decreased your payout, not significantly. It's still a very impressive sum. The days allocated to the build are no longer necessary, cutting down the construction too. This is the sum we propose."

Placing the file in front of her he smirked at me, I couldn't understand why he was gloating...he was literally digging himself a grave with that bloody big mouth of his. "You are being contracted for an Amorosi after all. The publicity alone would be beneficial to your company." My eyes widened and I fought the urge to face palm, Daniel tensed beside me. Pulling my phone onto my lap I texted Charlie. 'Now Charlie, I so owe you.' Seconds after I'd sent it Nathaniel's phone rang.

Pulling it from his back pocket he declined the call before placing it on the table beside Gabrielle. I was just about to text again informing Charlie that he'd declined the call when it rang much louder against the thick glassed table. Gabrielle eyed the phone and I winced inwardly, she'd no doubt seen Nathaniel's little nickname for Charlie. Of course Gabrielle didn't know that Charlie was a close friend, to her Nathaniel was shaping up to be the epitome of misogyny. Closing the folder a little too delicately she waited for Nathaniel to take the call.

Pressing his lips into a thin line he glared at me over his shoulder before declining it again. The irony was that Nathaniel was anything but sexist, the exact opposite in fact. His anger and bitterness made everything that came out of his mouth sound arrogant and well...right now, misogynistic. "It seems important Mr Hughes." She stated, I didn't miss how her jaw clenched.

"It's not, trust me."

"And how exactly would you know that if you persistently decline every call?"

"Because it's Charlie...Mrs Quinn." Leaning back in her seat she clasped her hands together and pressed her index fingers to her lips. I could have sworn that I just witnessed her green eyes turn to a red array of fire.

"She's your boss, no?" He nodded once. "If it were, say...Mr Quinn calling you, would you have done the same?" He furrowed his brow and I inwardly groaned, how could the idiot not have already worked it out?

"Of course not, Mr Quinn's temper is one not to be reckoned with." The phone rang once more and before Nathaniel could decline the call she pressed answer and held it up to him.

"Answer it Mr Hughes. I don't like to be disturbed, or kept waiting." The finality in her order left no room for argument and I could almost see Nathaniel squirming. "I..." Clearing his throat he continued. "I'm sorry Nancy." Taking the phone from Gabrielle he brought it to his ear, his jaw clenched impossibly tight. "Excuse me." The words sounded strained, granting him permission with a nod Gabrielle brought her attention to me.

When I realised that I'd been grinning my eyes widened and I straightened in my seat. "Mr Quinn, I'd suggest you make Mr Hughes the silent party in this deal. Male chauvinistic pigs do not last long around here. Do I make myself clear?" She looked at her consultants and they nodded in agreement...some visibly tensed. 

"Absolutely Mrs Antonelli. Mr Hughes isn't generally so..."

"Narcissistic? Insensitive? Egotistical? Misogynistic?" Daniel nodded.

"His personality is off putting but his work, is pure brilliance. His talent frankly leaves nothing to be desired. As you know the beauty and brains behind this entire operation is Charlie Quinn, I suggest that Nancy continue on behalf of her. She knows her closely and I find their work to hold a similar intensity. Also she's easier on the eyes than Mr Hughes."

When Gabrielle chuckled it took the room by surprise, I realised than that it wasn't something she did often. "I will look over these, I think it's going to be interesting doing business with you." She states playfully taking the room by an even bigger surprise, if I wasn't mistaken they were nervous. Seeing us out she extended her hand to me first and then Daniel. When Nathaniel extended his hand she paused. "Do you know what company was contracted for the build of the museum Signore Amorosi will be building his restaurant in?"

He looked at me and Daniel, I just shrugged full well knowing where this is going. "Maybe you should do your research Mr Hughes, the way I see it Signore Amorosi is getting the attention he is in part due to that magnificent piece of architecture." Extending her hand she shook Nathaniel's firmly and it may have been a hallucination but I think Nate winced. Offering us all a polite smile she said farewell, "oh and Miss Williams, it was a good call with the gating." Smiling brightly I left with a new found confidence.

Gabrielle Antonelli was without doubt the most intimidating women I'd ever met but holy fuck was she awesome! It was like meeting Superwoman, Florence Nightingale and Joan of Arc all rolled into one. I never thought in my wildest dreams that I could walk out of a meeting feeling empowered, the energy I felt made me want to lift a car. I decided against it when Nathaniel shoulder barged past me and I winced, rubbing my shoulder furiously I slipped into the town car.

"Christ Nathaniel, you almost blew the deal man." Daniel accused, I leaned back in my seat completely unaffected by Nathaniel's glare.

"It was her! She freaking planned this the conniving little-"

"Of course she planned this you fool! Are we forgetting the facial you gave her yesterday? You knew it was coming, why'd you play right into her hands? I thought Gabrielle was going to staple your dick to your ass, she hates you man." I burst into a fit of laughter and Nathaniel flushed.

"Laugh it up princess. You better sleep with one eye open-"

"Same to you buddy, Gabrielle doesn't play around. Guys go missing all the time around her, especially misogynistic ones." I burst into another fit of laughter and Daniel joined in. I saw the driver's body shake with suppressed laughter and it made my eyes tear. "H...how's Charlie-" I couldn't even finish, laughing demanded my complete devotion as I began to gasp for air.

"Are you going to let this stand Mr Quinn?" Nathaniel mocked, emphasising that Daniel was a Quinn and our boss. "She could have blown this for us."

"Excuse you, I offered to deliver the news. Your egotistical smug ass accomplished that all on its lonesome."

"She's right man. What on god's green earth made you think you could take on a feminist?" Nathaniel tuned red cursing under his breath. Williams 4, Hughes 2, but who's keeping count right. "My eight pack hurts!" Daniel whined lifting his shirt to reveal his impressive abdomen as he wailed with laughter. Looking at Nathaniel I read the challenge in his eyes.

Game on bitch!

__________________________

Hey lovelies,

Ill be posting the next chapter of New Orleans on Wattpad for free when the crew hits 1000 subscribers on my YouTube Channel (Cynthia Rayne Official) and Facebook Page (@OfficialCynthiaRayne) ;) what are you waiting for, head over and check it out...

https://youtu.be/eAtjS_i1TCw
Let's get the crew to 1000 subscribers <3

To top it off I will be reposting You Are My Addiction in full to celebrate hitting the thousands on YouTube...free copy of the final instalment is only one click away ;)

Don't forget to put in requests for what kind of content you all would like to see.

Cheers
Cynthia

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

892 205 32
[COMPLETED] -------------------- "Devlin, i am someone's fiancee and soon to be married. I appreciate your feelings, i really do, but i love my man...
2.5K 53 40
An FBI agent who gets an opportunity to move to Italy to be an agent there. Of course she takes it right away. The job she loves in the country she l...
303K 5.9K 80
*editing* "𝐁𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞...
4.4K 103 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...