Nathaniel & Nancy | Godzilla The Feminist And A Misogynist

Nathaniel & Nancy | Godzilla, The Feminist And A Misogynist

***
Nathaniel had gone to receive Daniel and because I had been avoiding him like the plague I decided to prep for his arrival to the site. Just walking back into the old museum significantly lifted my mood, I admired it for an appropriate amount of time before setting off to work. Setting up a portable table I laid out the necessary files and blueprints. I knew it was better to begin finalising the designs immediately, making any adjustments would be more efficient as we worked through the ideas.

The last thing we needed was any confusion, plus this head start meant we had some slack if any future changes were to arise. My mind wondered through a series of topics, it was almost as though I had blacked out at some point. The sound of echoed voices was what finally brought me out of my deep contemplation. My eyes met Nathaniel's instantaneously, regardless of being behind the impressive builds of both Enrique and Daniel my gaze was instinctively drawn to him.

I expected to see anger in those greyish blue eyes of his, incidentally there was some but funnily enough I didn't feel it directed towards me. For the first time in five years I saw regret and anger towards someone other than me. "Nancy." Daniel greeted me, pulling me into a sideways hug he continued with his conversation with Enrique. Both Nathaniel and I fell behind, neither of us making an attempt to walk any faster. I glanced at him once before keeping my gaze fixed to the floor.

When the silence between us finally became unbearable I picked up the pace opting for distance. Before I could fall into line with Daniel, he caught my wrist and pulled me back with a soft tug. When Enrique and Daniel had moved out of hearing range Nathaniel finally looked at me. Twisting my hand in his grip I attempted to free my hand. "Let go..." I whispered. Releasing me he pushing his fingers through his hair roughly before sliding his hands down his face. I turned to leave when he caught my wrist again.

"Yesterday...I." He stopped and I clenched my jaw before shaking his grip off my wrist. "I was out of line...both times." He didn't elaborate, he simply moved around me and continued to the table I'd set up. The corner of my mouth twitched with a smile, did angry young man just attempt to apologise to me? My subconscious fell into an arm chair crossing her leg over the other, slumping back into the seat she dusted her shoulders. I had an urge to jump with joy, however I kept it together. I wasn't a complete loon after all and in all honesty he hadn't actually said the precise words - I'm sorry.'

You couldn't really class what he'd said as an apology at all, it was simply a statement. We both knew he was out of line, but apparently being so still hadn't been enough to warrant an apology. Having finally gathered my scattering thoughts I pushed the small line of communication out of mind. Making my way to the table I proceeded to ignore Nathaniel's presence all together.

"Charlie has a way of reading people, basically she took everything that inspires you and embedded it in the design." I smiled at how openly Daniel was praising Charlie, without doubt she deserved it. With a nod Enrique agreed, "She thought it'd be classier to keep the gold veined marble floors. That'll be slightly problematic with the kitchen installation, but ultimately it'll be more beneficial."

Daniel held his hand out for the floor plan and I handed him the file, it was hard to stay focused with Nathaniel's relentless stare setting my skin on fire. I couldn't understand how he'd expected me to react, not that he'd given you longer than a millisecond to do so. My subconscious pointed out. "What do you think Nancy?"

"Huh?" Looking down at the opened file I took a gamble and nodded. "I think it's...perfect?" I stated unsure, it seemed more like a question. Chucking nervously I cleared my throat, then decided to go with something noncommittal. Shrugging I tossed my head like a near rabid animal, Daniel's jaw dropped. I was almost too afraid to look at Nathaniel. I did regardless, I must truly be a gluten for punishment. Clenching his jaw he glared at me like I'd just blown the entire deal. Swallowing I dropped my head.