Nathaniel & Nancy | Spaghetti Con La Bottarga

"Are you sure you want to risk sending the king of all misogynists to meet her? I mean don't get me wrong, their last encounter was entertaining beyond reason but...this could end badly." I smirked while I made my case, we'd been debating on the topic of both Nathaniel and I attending a lunch meeting with Gabrielle. She'd selected a cafe and the fact that it was owned by a young women hadn't escaped me.

Nathaniel was convinced he could do the meeting alone and Daniel wasn't prepared to watch world war three break loose in Italy. It was his theory that if a women I.e. Me, was to attend the meeting and do a majority of the speaking we'd come out on top. Nathaniel's mega sized ego obviously took a hit from this statement.

"You're both going and that's final, I need a freaking break from you two." He turned to leave, "cars waiting out front so get a move on." Cursing under his breath Nate stormed towards the elevator, it would have been more impactful if he didn't have to wait a solid thirty seconds before the cart arrived.

"I'm not a misogynist." He hissed jabbing the lobby button.

"Yeah, try telling our resident feminist that?" He glared at me, "hey I gave you an out." Putting my hands up defensively I smirked.

"Whatever, just don't fuck this up and if you pull any of your childish crap today you'll be paying for it for the next five months."

"Same goes for you." I snorted, we both narrowed our eyes.

"Oh for the love of- just fucking go already!" Throwing his hands into the air Daniel left us to complete the current staring competition we were participating in alone, well, alone apart from all the unfamiliar faces scanning us with amusement as they strode past. Rolling my eyes I turned towards the town car.

"Hah-I win." He smirked, pulling the car door open roughly I nodded towards the group of snickering teens.

"Might want to check what constitutes winning when you're a grown ass man." Biting back a laugh I slipped into the car. His face reddened, straightening his jacket he jumped into the car. Shaking my head I flipped open my laptop. I made a point of emailing myself all the important documents, I didn't want to leave any room for error. Alright so maybe I didn't want to give Nathaniel any more ammunition. The last thing I needed was something vital being deleted or tainted and not having a copy to present.

He was yet to strike back for the whole 'wild animal' ordeal and I wasn't about to leave my king wide open for a simple pawns take down.

***
"Wow, this cafe is beautiful. It's so charming." Gabrielle smiled, she shook Nathaniel's hand politely but remained formal towards him. She gestured for one of the waitresses and ordered for us, asking our preferences when needed.

"I see you decided to join us Mr Hughes. Worried Miss Williams wouldn't be able to handle the meeting alone?"

"Exactly-" he silenced himself immediately, shaking her head she muttered what I'm sure were a series or Italian curses. Chuckling she clasped her hands together over the table. "No, that came out wrong. Actually it came out right, you just misinterpreted me..." He trailed off when she raised an eyebrow.

"Are you insinuating that I lack the knowledge required to understand what you're saying?"

"Absolutely not." Sighing he shoved a hand through his hair. "Look, I can see how my attitude at our previous meeting may have come across misogynistic. The funny thing is I believe in gender equality to my very core, my problem with Nancy is personal; completely non work related. Professionally, she's just as if not better than me at her job...personally she's a pain in my ass."