The HalfBlood- FourthWing Fan...

By Quietdreamer52

Freya Sorrengail. The halfblood. Born different than her siblings she always stood out. Whether it was appea... More

characters
1- Conscription Day
2- The Parapet
3-The Crossing
4- Official Cadet
5-Fourth Wing
6- The Sparring
7- The Journal
8-The Woods
9- Admiring Your Work
10- The Kill
11-Traitors Side
12-Not Your Mother
14- The Burning Pile
15-Presentation Day
16- Presentation Day 2
17- The Gold Dragon
18-Threshing
19- The Drefected One
20-Bonded
21- A Rider
22- Protection
23- The Attempt
24- I Heard Him!
25- Body Guard
26- Severed
27- Liam Mairi
28- The Scroll
29-
30- The Feelings Through The Bond
31- The kiss
32- The Fight
33- Mistake
34- Authors Note/ Training
35- Preparation
36- The Flight
37- Squad Battle
38- Squad Challenges
39- The Final Task
40- The Task
41- After the Task
42- The Front Lines
43- Front Lines 2
44-
45- The Attack / Authors Note
46
47- The Confession
48- Getting to know you
49- Why'd you want to know me?
50- Reveal me/ Authors Note
51- Chaos
52- Reveal me pt.2
53- Revealed to me
54
55- Feelings
56- Love Triangle
57- 2 sides
58
59- The Party
60- 1 Love
61- Everything is yours
62- The Final
63- The Final pt. 2
64- The Betrayal
65- The Betrayers
66- Dead Anyways
67- Die a traitor
68- The Wyvern
69- The Battle of Althybene
70- The Battle of Athybene PT.2
71- To Bend Death
72- Is To Sacrifice Life
73- Finale pt.1
73- Finale pt.2
75- Finale pt.3
76- Life for a Life
77- The End
Book 2

13- The Gauntlet

1.4K 63 4
By Quietdreamer52

We all walk in a single filed line to the Gauntlet, we start training today, I read Brennan's notes several times, even relaying the information to Hetta. When everyone is gone or asleep that's when we go through it.

I look around at the whole course. " This thing is worse then I imagined." I mumbled to her. She nods looking up as well.

To my surprise a few in out wing looked purely and utterly excited, one being a strawberry blonde girl named Cresta. " This is what I've been waiting for since I got here!" She exclaims to one of the other girls in our squad named Tara.

If only I could have that excitement. It ascends in abrupt angles getting deadlier the higher it goes, how can you even get through that? But I swallow, I'll be fine.. I'll get through it.

" You look paler then usual Sorrengail, nervous?" Tynan, one of my squad mates says sneering at me. I roll my eyes, Jack Barlowe decided to put him in his little group after I kicked his ass last week during combat. Dain timed it.. 3 minutes was all it took to kick his leg out and pull a dagger on him. He yielded faster than I could ask. Ever since then he's been bitter and this way Jack can have a closer eye on me in a way.

" Get over it Tynan..." Ridoc mutters, " You act like your the first ass she's kicked."

I've noticed since I've been undefeated since Xaden..my squad has been a little nicer to me, so when they do get paired up I'm not as brutal..which I've tried not to be unless they piss me off.

" I think he's just bitter because not only did I kick his ass, he knows I'm going to beat his time as well." I mock. Tynan glares as he takes a step toward me, I was quick to pull a dagger as he presses into it. " Careful... don't want to be dead before you get up there." I muse adding a little grin.

" You guys all knock it off.." Sawyer, the repeat from the year before says. " Trust me, times don't matter. Ones that got the slower times last year bonded just fine, as long as you live that's all that matters."

" Still mad about that repeat?" Tynan asks.

" It'll be real funny Tynan when your the one repeating." I snap at him, " Leave him alone."

I'm sure he didn't need my help but it was a dick move on his part, I see Jack has rubbed off on him already.

Lark studies all of us, " Your squad has an hour to get to the top, we encourage you to train as much as possible for the next two weeks. Sawyer will go first to show you how it's done, then you will go one by one. Once the person infront of you reaches the obstacle there.."

He points at these log like beams jutting from the stone, " ..The next one can go. Are we clear?"

We all nod, he gives a nod. " Good." He goes off to who knows where, once he's out of hearing distance Tynan decides to speak up again. " I'm sure Aetos will want his girlfriend to be the second one.. all of us stand back for the princess here.."

There's that anger edging up again... I spin around, " Ok, what is your deal?! I beat you in a damn spar tough shit! Grow a pair and deal with it.."

He scoffs, " My DEAL is you seem to get in and out of little situations all the time, don't act like we haven't noticed Sorrengail... We all know that damned name is the reason but you sleeping with SQUAD LEADER makes it even more unbearable!"

I look at him dumbly.. " I'm not sleeping with him asshole! I've known him my entire life, if you did some research his dad is my mom's right hand dumbass!"

His eyes widen, " What?"

" Yea.." I snap. " We've grown up together so instead of assuming.. maybe look further into it."

" But Barlowe said-"

" That's your mistake." Sawyer chimes in, " Anyone with a brain knows that damned kid is near insane."

" Anything else you want to add, or are you going to take up how I'm being treated with Dain himself?" I ask, " I'm more then willing to tell him you have concerns."

He stammers, " No..I'm"

I roll my eyes, " Just shut the hell up."

" Are you all ready to watch?" Sawyer asks. " This is only a one time thing."

My glare tears away from Tynan and I nod, he looks everyone else over who nod, " Good. Watch and learn."

There was no mistep as he goes over the spinning logs, there were pillars with so many cracks and ridges that Brennan said were supposed to be like that, so you'd grab one and it could fall, you need to have good grip and footing.

This was the time I wished I had those gloves Xaden threw over the edge on the mountain, I'm still salty at that.

Then he goes to the jutting rotating logs the made distanced steps spinning every which way, he climbs those with ease as well, then there's a chimey like formation, you couldn't see what he did there but it took 30 seconds for him to ascend to the top where a ramp like structure was.

He took a couple steps back and bolted upwards..running up it to grip onto the side pulling himself the rest of the way up.

" So.. who's going first?" Ridoc asks having a little humor in his voice. Cresta volenteers and off she went with a preppiness in her step, she moved gracefully, once she got half way the next one could start. " If she can do it, I'll go next." Tynan declares.

I set my lips in a tight line as I watch him jog to the first log, he looked so leisurely before the log switched directions and the nearly tripped almost falling over. He catches himself muttering as h moves to the pillars.

He's a bulkier guy, that obviously never climbed much, I see he struggles, grabbing each deep rivot he could reach. " He's going to fall.." Hetta says as she moves foot to foot anxiously. I nod watching him.

I could hear him grunting from here, his body swinging slowly seeming to go no where. I cross my arms now he's not so tough. He grabs a loose ridge and he goes tumbling, he grabs the rope just in time dangling to it.. I hear him say ' Nope' multiple times as he climbs down.

He's quit...already.

" Come on Tynan I expected more then that." Ridoc ridicules.

I decide to go next, sprinting over the log it just changed it's rotation when I propelled myself off. Ok.. first one down.. Next was the loose pillars Tynan just failed. I take a second to examine them before I jump gripping on a ridge I pull myself, using my feet as well to stand in the sturdy ones as I ascend.

It worked well, leaving me not as tired but man... I'm already panting.. and I'm only half way. I stand there for a minute trying to catch my breath, sweat dropping down my skin, some even got in my eye which burned.

Just my luck.

I huff, now trying to see with my watery eyes I grab for another ridge, which gives out as soon as i put more weight on it. It goes tumbling and I almost go down with it my body swinging almost off, I hiss gripping to the ledge I was on pulling myself back taking a couple now shakey breaths..

I'm ok, I'm still alive. I go a little slower, remembering Brennan's advice..I'm doing ok.. I pull att each and every ridge before I fully put weight on again finally making it to the top. Next it was the Chimney looking thing.

I look inside the hollow architecture trying to figure out how Sawyer got up here, there was a rope, but it was tied to a bell signalling if you use it..so you can't use that the ridges were were shallow to grip into. He'd have to..

I grin, makes sense.

I jump up using my feet to dig into both side of the wall, them my hands as I need to lift my feet to get higher... I know I'm in shape, but this made me gasp for air as I now use shakey arms to pull myself out.

I lay on the platform to 10 seconds- I counted - gaping for air. It burned, as I stood looking down I saw another girl start, her name was Lilac she was wicked fast she sprinted already advancing on the second obstacle.

I look at the logs jutting, the ropes were further away then the others, I see this is where they want you to die... slip and fall down the mountain into the misty abyss below.

I swallow, I need to keep moving for this one, I get into a running stance allowing just a couple more seconds of rest before I propel myself again..quick feet..quick feet.. THere were 5 it felt like i was barely touching them as my breathing increases with a new found rush.. I made it...

I hear the distant hooting from below, I take one more deep breath looking at the 90 degree ramp. My heart hammers from exhaustion, " Screw this damn course." I mutter to myself as I eye it.

" Come on Freya!" Sawyer and Cresta yell from above peering down.

Also in Brennan's notes he made the tip to run, and just before gravity takes your foot pulling it down again, lurch yourself to the top and pull. Easy..not..

My body was screaming at me at this point, I take a couple more breaths..let's just get this over with. I take a couple steps back running pushing myself with every step I go up.

Run run run!

I felt that slip and that's when I jumped, my hands latch on the lip as I pull myself wincing.. come on..come on...

I was almost there... with the last bit of energy I hoist the dead weight of my knee on the ledge rolling on the platform. I did it...

" Nice!" Cresta says pulling me forward a little bit.

" Kicks your ass doesn't it?" Sawyer grins.

I chuckle standing up, that when I heard the screech...

We all turn see Lilac trip on the rotating logs, she hits her head on the next one, rolling off. "Lilac!" Hetta screeches just as she reached the platform she just fell off of.

She hits the moutain at different angles all I could see was how her body seemed to be broken as she falls lower and lower. " Oh Malek.." Cresta gasps needing to look away, Sawyer stares in shock as well.

Hetta watches looking horrified.

" Run Hetta!" I yell, " Focus on running, don't stop!"

Her fearful eyes look at me " I..I-"

" You can! Your right there! I'm right here!" I reassure, now hearing my heart pounding in my ears, " I believe in you!"

Please let her be able to do this...

We all yelled encouragement as she finally nods, and with light speed she makes it. I scream in victory, she even had stamina left to climb up the ramp making me look like a total novice.

She seems to also me a good 20 pounds lighter then me and 5 inches shorter. Then again I'm just tall for a girl.She lifts herself on the platform and I engulfed her in a hug. " Thank goodness.." She seems almost surprised but hugs me back.

Well, we didn't die..so that's good..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 423 17
Alexandra Melgren is the only child of General Melgren and she hates her father. She joins the Rider Quadrant to get out of his control with her frie...
45.3K 1.7K 35
Wren's life seemed forever changed when she joined the Riders Quadrant....Until she went and fell in love with Liam Mairi. His death ruined her, the...
1.8K 47 10
A dragon without its rider is a tragedy. A rider without their dragon is dead. - Article 1, Section 1, The Dragon's Rider's Codex What if Violet knew...
3.5K 178 17
· · ─────── · 𓆰♕𓆪 · ─────── · · The desire to be in the air or flying Or ...