Reborn into Hakuouki!? (Hakuo...

By monyekyoyahibari

Ever since Akamine Jun fell down the stairs, everything has changed. Her world, her time and of course, her l... More

Play 0: Tragic and Tragedy
Play 1: The Picture of Dorian and Gray
Play 2: The Great Getaway
Play 3: Persuasion
Play 4: Gone With The Dream
Play 5: The Secret Gender
Play 6: Great Lies
Play 7: To Kill A Mocking Human
Play 8: The Moon's Tale
Play 9: The Comedy of Spiders
Play 10: The Great Depression
Play 12: The Valley Of Beans
Play 13: War And Food
Play 14: The Age Of Suspicion
Play 15: The Call Of The Demon
Play 16: Uncle Keimon's Store
Play 17: A Midsummer Night's Battle
Play 18: The Art Of Feelings
Play 19: In Hot Blood
Play 20: Cry, The Beloved Feelings
Play 21: Weird Twins
Play 22: Two Little Royalties
Play 23: Walls Fall Apart
Play 24: The Problem of Aching
Play 25: The Mysterious Liquid
Play 26: Sanan's Paradise
Play 27: The Death Of Sanan Keisuke
Play 28: The Old Curiosity Patrol
Play 29: Till They Have Faces
Play 30: The Trio
Play 31: Fear And Loathing On The Shinsengumi Grounds
Play 32: Memoirs Of A Succubus
Play 33: The Memories Of Wrath
Play 34: Bad News In The Afternoon
Play 35: Helpless Feelings
Play 36: Heart Of Jealousy
Play 37: Feelings In The Dust
Play 38: The Elements Of Fury
Play 39: Of Chicken And Kids
Play 40: Love's Pain's Lost
Play 41: The Story Of The Demons
Play 42: A Succubus Tragedy
Play 43: The Happy Princess
Play 44: A Lover's Ghost Kiss
Play 45: As You Complain It
Play 46: The Importance Of Realising Feelings
Play 47: An Ideal Answer
Play 48: As She Lays Dying
Play 49: Selected Faces
Play 50: Love's Hopes Lost
Play 51: In Search Of Lost Self
Play 52: Dangerous Words
Play 53: In The Court Of The Succubus
Play 54: The Way He Bleed
Play 55: Dead Affinities
Play End: The Fall Of The House Of The Past

Play 11: Little Worries

2.8K 107 1
By monyekyoyahibari

The orange light shone into my room, colouring the floor. Somehow the sight made me feel nostalgic--I could still remember that back in the present, since I'd always ate lunch alone most of the time (Daisuke would sometimes join me, depending on whether the girls in his class caught him). No one really dared to approach me, because of my 'aura' according to Daisuke. Whenever I asked him to explain he would just tell me to find out myself.

During those lonely lunches, I would go up to the rooftop and ate there myself. Students in my school got the message that the rooftop was my territory, so they rarely spent time up there too.

Things were slightly different in middle school though, or at least in seventh grade. I wasn't stress up about acting--I was having fun with it. It wasn't that I didn't enjoy it now; I do. However, I was not really thinking really complicated things like stepping out of my parents' shadows, although I had been thinking about it for a really long time. I didn't get serious until I managed to enrol in my current high school, which drama club had always been one of the top in the city. I became really determined when I entered high school--I started to take acting really seriously, so seriously that I had been neglecting my studies.

Regrets began flashing in my mind in the form of images. If I were back in the present, I would have spend more time practicing for my semi-finals or fighting with Satoshi. I shut my eyes so tight, trying to get rid of the sudden lump in my throat.

Wait a minute. My heart skipped a beat, and I suddenly felt anxious. Why hadn't I been thinking about Satoshi? Isn't he my crush? The person I like? I gripped my pants hard, trying to think of an excuse. "It's probably because I'm very busy these days." I nodded to myself. Not the fact that I was beginning to forget him.

Immediately, I turned my attention to the Yukimuras, and soon enough I began clutching my head in frustration. "Yukimura...Yukimura..." I tried to think of something--anything--that could help me (and the Shinsengumi) find the two missing persons, but nothing popped up. My eyes automatically filled with tears, and I wiped them away, feeling vexed with myself. "Why am I so useless? I can't help the Shinsengumi...or even myself..." It took almost everything to keep myself from bawling my eyes out. Somehow, I managed to hold back and instead concentrated on mumbling the Yukimura name under my breath until I heard someone sniffling their laughter behind the door.

"What are you doing, mumbling to yourself?" My heart jumped before sinking into my stomach. Okita Souji. Who else could it be--no one really laughs at how I acted in the Shinsengumi except the insane man.

I didn't hide my displeasure about it. "Why can't I have my own privacy, even if it's only just for a minute?" I growled, folding my arms to my chest.

"You can't really have your 'own privacy' here, though. You're being watched all day." He yawned as if he was bored. "Anyhow, it's my turn to keep watch. Haven't you notice me? I thought I wasn't being very quiet outside."

I froze at that, a sudden blush creeping up my cheeks. "Wait, do you mean...did you actually heard what I just..." As if in response, Souji smiled and blinked almost too innocently, and I knew--he had heard everything, hadn't he? I wanted so much to jump out of the window and run away, but I was stuck rooted to the ground, staring into that pair of emerald green eyes which always seemed to annoy me.

"I--" I was about to change the subject when someone appeared behind Souji.

"Have I interrupted something?" Saito looked at me, noticing the expression plastered on my face.

"Wait, Saito-san, you're here too? You didn't hear what I said, right?" I laughed, that last sentence supposedly to be a joke, when I met that serious gaze of him. I groaned loudly as my face flushed red. "You can't be serious, can you...?"

~~~~

I'll try and update this story every two to three days. I have the upcoming chapters all planned out, so all I have to do is to type in all out in Word or something.

As always, thanks for voting and commenting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.7K 4.4K 44
Carpediem / その日をつかむ/ 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚞𝚛𝚐𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚕𝚒�...
38.7K 1.2K 17
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
15K 539 16
(Shinpachi Nagakura x oc) Saotome Miyuki gets involved in an accident that has her battling for life. She ends up in a coma but her spirit form finds...
124K 4.7K 26
With the couple closer than ever before, Misaki and Usagi find themselves deciding to tell Takahiro of their relationship. With Usagi's reassurance...