Claxton

By GuardianOfTheSun1

| 10TH GRADE DRAFT| As the Octopus Man returns from the Bermuda Triangle, Makenna Angelia Delling teams up wi... More

Author's Note/Welcome to the World of Claxton!
Prologue: Island of Wonder
Chapter One: Four Years Later
Chapter Two: Three Years Later
Chapter Three: What Happened in Homeroom?
Chapter Four: Return of a Hero
Chapter Five: A Full-Fledged Metamorphic Fairy
Chapter Six: Competition of the Ninja
Chapter Seven: Merlin's Cave
Chapter Eight: Gina and Tracey
Chapter Nine: Where is Sensei Merlin?
Chapter Ten: Shadows of the Octopus Man
Chapter Eleven: Where the water meets your wings.
Chapter Twelve: Makenna's First Real Flight
Chapter Thirteen: A Shadow Looms
Chapter Fourteen: Bad Boys vs. Good Boys
Chapter Fifteen: Friends or Foes?
Chapter Sixteen: Delusional Truths
Chapter Seventeen: Hiding His Wings
Chapter Eighteen: A Fairy Bad Disaster
Chapter Nineteen: More Than a Magic Overload
Chapter Twenty: Fairy Nightsongs
Chapter Twenty-One: High School For Tracey
Chapter Twenty-Two: The Octopus Man Strikes
Chapter Twenty-Three: Soon to be a Crystal Metamorphic Fairy
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Wrecked Sailboat
Chapter Twenty-Five: Siren Attack
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Truth about Peter
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Flying Through Thunder and Lightning
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Broken Wings
Chapter Twenty-Nine: What is Confidence?
Chapter Thirty: Raeven the Megabat
Chapter Thirty-One: The Tunnel of Rambuka
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Pep Rally
Chapter Thirty-Three: Tracey to the Rescue
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Wounded Ninja
Chapter Thirty-Six: Darkness Unfolds
Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Final Rune
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Rescuing Tracey
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Life or Death
Chapter Forty: A Crystal Metamorphic Fairy

Chapter Thirty-Four: Who is the Octopus Man?

8 2 0
By GuardianOfTheSun1

        The Delling family Suburban was soon heading down the road toward Seabrook Island, and Makenna was sitting in the front seat talking to her mom about Tracey. The top of her window was rolled down, and Raeven was hovering with his head sticking out of it. He was letting his tongue flap in the wind like a dog. Tracey was sitting behind Makenna, buckled up, and he was propping his head up against the window frame. Gina was resting on his lap with her eyes closed, but she wasn't asleep. She was just resting. Tracey was asleep. He was fast asleep. It would be difficult to wake him up. Tracey was sleeping yes, but he was dreaming about the Octopus Man.

He found himself resting on a rock in the middle of the ocean, and gasping, he lifted his head and asked, "Where am I? Where am I?" It was dark. It was almost as if there wasn't a sun anymore. Merlin's apprentice searched the area. Suddenly, he heard a splash behind him, and he yelled, "Whoa!" Quickly, Tracey stood up and whirled around on the rock he was standing on. In front of him, covered in shadows, with glowing blue eyes, was the Octopus Man! He pointed his massive trident at the young, ninja-like fairy, and he quickly retreated back on his rock. "Who are you?" he yelled at the Octopus Man, "Why can't you just leave me alone?!" In his booming voice, the Octopus Man told him, "JUST WAIT, BOY! JUST WAIT! YOU WILL EVENTUTALLY BELONG TO ME, AND I'M NOT GOING TO LET THAT METAMORPHIC FAIRY SAVE YOU!!"
Tracey narrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms, "That doesn't answer my question about your identity."
"I AM THE RULER OF ALL THE SEVEN SEAS!!" boomed the Octopus Man, "I AM A FIGURE OF MYTHOLGOY, JUST LIKE YOU! I AM THE SUN, MOON, AND RAIN!"

Tracey blinked.
"Poseidon?" he asked, "Are you...Poseidon?" Right after he asked that, the Octopus Man lifted all eight Kraken-like arms out of the water, and he waved his trident yelling, "YOU FOOL!! HOW COULD YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY FIGURED THAT OUT?!"
"I didn't know," calmly spoke Tracey, "You're Poseidon? What do you want with me?"
"ASK MY PET!" boomed the Octopus Man, "ATTACK!" He pointed his trident behind Tracey. There was another splash. SPLASH! This splash was massive. Hearing it, Tracey turned in the direction of it, and his entire face glowed green. Hovering in front of him was the shadow of an enormous, humanoid, Kraken, alien-like creature, and it roared in Tracey's face!
It then spoke in a loud, hissing voice, "MASSTER ONCE TOLD ME, FAIRIESSS TASSSTE JUSSST LIKE CAKE!" The creature crept toward Tracey and stretched its claws out toward him. He screamed at the sight of them.

Outside the dream world, he flinched and shuffled uncomfortably in his seat.
Sweat fountained down his face and soaked him. "What are you supposed to be?!" he yelled in his sleep. The mark of the Octopus Man flashed again on his arm but only temporarily. Before long, it vanished, and he shuffled one last time. Gina fell from his knees and landed on the floor of the car.
Makenna, who was explaining to her mother about Tracey's broken wings, turned to him and asked, "Tracey, are you all right?" From the floor, Gina said, "He's dreaming," in tern squawks, and she hopped back up onto Tracey's knees.
"Mom, we need to let him take it easy." Makenna said to Michelle, "He's really not as healthy as you think he is."
"I know." Michelle said. She nodded, "Don't worry, we're almost home."

Finally, the Suburban reached the Delling household on Jenkins Point and pulled into the garage. Tony was heard barking from the inside. "Oh, Tony," said Michelle. She turned off her car and unbuckled her seatbelt. Makenna did too. Raeven popped down from the window and landed on the car's dashboard.
Gina was resting on Tracey's knees again, and peering at Makenna, she told her through telepathy, "He's conked out, Makenna, and he's conked out good. I think he's having a nightmare." Tracey was shuffling again in his seat, and he moaned but didn't open his eyes. His foot was shaking. Both Makenna and Michelle Delling glanced at him.
Michelle soon said, "Let's just get him inside and get him something to eat. And you, Makenna my dear need to get ready for this so-called important dance."
Makenna nodded, "Right." She reached forward and took Tracey's shoulder. Starting to shake it, she told him, "Tracey, wake up," in a low voice, "We're here at my house, and we're going to get you inside." Tracey didn't wake up. He clenched his teeth and shuffled again.
Gina soon glanced at Makenna, and she said, "I think the pain medicines are starting to wear off. Ask your mom if she has any pain medicines here."
Makenna nodded and turned to her mom. "Mom?" she asked.
Mrs. Delling met her eyes, "Yes, Makenna?" and Makenna continued with,
"Do we by any chance have any pain medicines here such as Tylenol? Tracey's wings are starting to hurt him again. The pain medicines he was given before he came are wearing off."
"As a matter of fact, we do," answered Mrs. Delling. She nodded and opened her car door, "How about you get Tracey inside and get him comfortable, and I'll bring him some?"
"Sounds good." Makenna said. She opened her own door.
Raeven flew to her shoulder and landed on it. "Ooh, what's next in this exciting fairytale?" he asked Makenna.
"We're just getting Tracey inside." Makenna answered. She glanced at Raeven, "Hush please. Don't talk until I say you can." Hopping out of the car, she approached Tracey's door and opened it. Makenna unbuckled him and gently pulled him out of the car and into the garage. "I've got you, Tracey," she told him, and she wrapped his arm around her shoulders. Tracey was back in a loopy-like state. His head flopped back and forth, and he did not open his eyes.

Gina soon appeared next to him, and she nodded.
"Yep," she said, "The pain medicines are definitely starting to wear off. Argh, if only I brought extras! Stupid, stupid me!" She smacked herself on the head.
"It's okay, Gina." Makenna comfortably spoke, "Don't worry. We have some pain medicines here." She reached out to pet Gina, but she pulled away.
She still didn't totally trust Makenna. "Get those filthy human fingers away from me!" she snapped at her. Makenna opened her mouth to speak, but just before she could, she, Gina, and Raeven heard the sound of screeching tires. Mrs. Delling had already disappeared inside the house.

Makenna and the two avians turned their bodies in the direction of the screeching tires, and they saw that Mr. Delling had pulled into the driveway. He screeched to a stop in front of Makenna's surfboard and turned off his car.
Soon, he appeared from the driver's side, and he pointed at the surfboard yelling, "Who on earth left this dawg gone surfboard lying right in the path?! Was it you, Makenna?!"
"Surfboard?" Makenna questioned. She, Gina, and Raeven exited the garage and stepped onto the driveway. Makenna still held Tracey's arm over her shoulders. Her eyes landed on her surfboard. "What in the name of?!" she gasped, and she loosened her grip on Tracey, "My surfboard! It's my surfboard! How though?! I thought I lost it forever! Unbelievable! It was as if it appeared by magic!"
Caleb soon hopped out from the passenger seat of Mr. Delling's car, with his book bag over his shoulder, and his own eyes landed on Makenna's surfboard. "Inconceivable!" he announced. He rubbed his chin, "This surfboard wasn't here this morning. It was as if it appeared by magic just like how your necklace did, Makenna!"
"How was your day, Caleb?" Makenna asked him, "Let's drop the topic about the mysterious appearance of the surfboard temporarily. I repeat. How was your day?"
"It was fine, thank you. Whoa wait!" Caleb's eyes and Mr. Delling's eyes had landed on Tracey who had woken up due to the noise. They immediately grinned. "Tracey!" Mr. Delling soon shouted. He slammed the driver's door shut, and the tail of his shirt got caught in it. Mr. Delling quickly grabbed it and pulled it out, however the shirt ripped in the process. He didn't care. He instead focused his attention on Tracey and yelled, "If it isn't our friend Tracey! He's back! Oh, ho, ho! I was getting worried! But you're back, Tracey!"
He hurried to Tracey and jerked him away from Makenna. "Dad, stop!" yelled his daughter. She held her hand out to her dad, "He's hurt! Bring it down!" Mr. Delling didn't listen.
He hugged Tracey as tightly as he could which his eyes popped, and he announced, "I knew you would return to us one of these days!" as he hugged him, "A fairy story isn't complete unless both fairies are involved! For a second, I was afraid I would never see you again!"

"OW!!" Tracey yelled. He tried to break free, but Mr. Delling held him tightly. "OW!!" repeated Merlin's apprentice. Caleb soon saw that he had broken wings, and he gasped.
He nodded at Makenna. Both he and she hurried to Tracey and dragged him away from Mr. Delling. "Stop!" Makenna yelled again, "He's hurt!" She and Caleb helped shaking Tracey onto the driveway, and Makenna took his hand. "Sorry, Tracey," she apologized. Mr. Delling tried to go to him again, but Gina and Raeven blocked his path and backed him up to his car. "Humans are not stealthy, unlike bats." Raeven told Makenna's dad, "So unfortunately, Mr. Delling, you aren't able to slip under one and sneak by us and come within reach of Tracey, like your Harry Potter in his Invisibility Cloak. You're cornered, man! Look me in the eyes! What do you see? You see a bat, right? Well beware! I don't want to have to use the Claw on you! Leave Tracey alone! We repeat, leave Tracey alone!" Makenna Delling met Caleb's eyes, and she nodded, saying, "Help me get him inside, Caleb. We've got to make sure Dad doesn't try to hug him again. I personally think he's taken this whole fairy thing to an unhealthy level."
"I agree." Caleb said, "All right. You get his left arm. I'll get his right. What about your surfboard?"
"Currently Tracey's more important than my surfboard," spoke Makenna, "I can always buy a new one if I lose that one. However, I can't buy another Tracey. There is only one of him, and I don't want to lose him to broken wings."
"How did it happen?" Caleb asked her. Both he and Makenna took Tracey by the arms and lugged him to his feet. As they dragged him toward their house, Makenna explained to Caleb the story about how Tracey broke his wings due to the Octopus Man.

Gina and Raeven kept Mr. Delling distracted. Raeven pointed his claw at Makenna's surfboard and ordered,
"Take her surfboard into the garage, dude and scrub it until it shines. And after you do that, bathe yourself because you smell!" Gina nodded with agreement. Mr. Delling half glared at the bat. "Chop, chop!" he added, "Gina and I are not going to let you harass Tracey all because he's a fairy."
"But it's remarkable!" argued Mr. Delling. He picked up Makenna's surfboard, "A fairy! He's a real fairy! Even better, he's a ninja-like fairy!"
"I know it's remarkable." Raeven told him, "However, he's hurt, man. He's also sick. If you were hurt and sick and wanted to sleep, would you want people to invade your personal space? Hm?" To give an example, he turned upside-down and leaned in close to Mr. Delling's face, "Hmm?"
"Quit staring at me like that." Andy Delling told the Megabat, "It's creepy."
"See what I mean?" asked Raeven. He backed away, "Personal space. Well, have you learned your lesson, sir?" Gina pecked Mr. Delling on the head. He shooed her away and glared at Raeven. He obviously didn't appreciate the fact that he was being bossed around by a bat. "Ah," chuckled Raeven when he saw his glare, "I'm taking that as a no. Well then, let's add to the fun, shall we? Wash your car after you scrub the surfboard, sir, and then you can bathe."

Makenna Delling spent the rest of the afternoon, until Peter came and picked her up, getting ready for the dance and taking care of Tracey. She knew he told he he'd go to the dance with her, but the thing was, she didn't know if he should. Once the pain medicines wore off, Tracey was miserable all over again. He really wasn't doing that well; he still had a fever, and Makenna was worried. However, she too was running out of time. She too wasn't doing all that well. Makenna Delling was growing paler and paler by the second, and she was rapidly losing strength. Her powers were being drained and handed off to, believe it or not, Caleb. Since she had not yet given her act of true metamorphosis, she wasn't proving to Selene that she deserved to be a Metamorphic Fairy, so therefore, Caleb was becoming a fairy instead of her. She was a dying fairy, and Caleb was a growing fairy. Makenna tried her best though to show that she didn't care if he became a fairy instead of her although she did. She thought about the dance to distract herself. Before getting ready though, she spent about an hour helping Tracey.

She and Caleb didn't take him back up to the guest room, they were afraid he would fall if they tried to get him up the stairs, so they just took him back into the living room and lied him back down on the couch. Caleb then went into the kitchen and helped his mom fix Tracey something to eat. Makenna stayed in the living room with him as well as Gina, Raeven, and Tony. Tracey was not able to sleep though. Mr. Delling was in the kitchen with Caleb and Mrs. Delling cooking dinner, and he had turned on the radio. He was dancing to the music. Mr. Delling liked to listen to the radio whenever he made dinner. However, the screaming of the radio did not help Tracey sleep. It kept him up. He groaned and placed his hands to his ears.
Makenna glared in the direction of her father and yelled, "Dad, turn off the music! He's trying to sleep!" Mr. Delling didn't hear her; he was too involved in the music. Caleb finally just stumbled over to the radio and shut it off.
Immediately after he did, Mr. Delling stopped dancing. "What happened to the music?" he asked in a slightly annoyed voice.
Mrs. Delling glared at him and snapped, "Show Tracey some respect! If you're going to be nothing but annoying, Andy then would you mind stepping outside?"
"You're kicking me out?" Mrs. Delling nodded,
"We are unless you think you can shut up and show that poor fairy a little respect! He's hurt, Andy, and he's hurt pretty badly too!" Raeven decided to help Mrs. Delling out. He soared into the kitchen, glaring, and he threatened Mr. Delling with his claws.
He forced Makenna's father outside and told him, "Take a walk to the end of the street, sir, and don't come back until you learn your lesson!" Caleb soon joined him.
He slammed the front door shut on his father's face and said, "Goodbye!" Caleb sighed and pressed his back up against the door, "That's better."
"Thank you, Raeven and Caleb," spoke Mrs. Delling, "Thank you."

It was finally quiet in the Delling household. Finally. Mrs. Delling, Makenna, Caleb, and their avian friends were finally able to take care of Tracey without anyone annoying them. Michelle fixed him a bowl of chicken noodle soup, and she, Makenna, and Caleb tried to give him some, but he of course refused. He refused everything. The only thing he didn't refuse was water. Makenna Delling was totally freaking out. She knew Tracey was hungry; he just refused to fix that problem. She also knew it wasn't his magic that was killing him; it was his broken wings.
Makenna placed her hand on his forehead and chokingly spoke, "We've got to get him to the hospital."
"You should've taken him immediately after the accident happened," admitted Caleb, "Since you didn't, his wings are only getting worse. Why on earth did he come back again? What's his reasoning? Why can't he just sit still?"
"I came back because I wanted to help your sister, Caleb." Tracey weakly spoke. He half opened his eyes and peered into Caleb's face, "I came back because my fairy instincts told me to. Besides, I had to return her surfboard."
"Surfboard?" Makenna gasped, "Hold on, Tracey, were you the one who returned it?"
"Yes. It washed up on Merlin's Island. Gina and I found it, and we decided to return it to you."
"Thank you, Tracey." Makenna said, "Thank you. I thought I lost my surfboard forever. On the other hand, though, I did lose my necklace forever." She sighed as an image of the horse head-shaped necklace flashed in her brain.
"Don't say that, Makenna." Caleb comfortably told his sister, "You'll find it. I promise you'll find your necklace again. It's not gone forever." Makenna again sighed. There was silence.

Finally, Mrs. Delling cleared her throat and said,
"Well, Makenna." She checked her wristwatch, "You should probably go ahead and get ready for the dance. Peter's going to be here to pick you up in forty-five minutes. Don't worry, Caleb and I will look over Tracey."
"When are we leaving?" sleepily asked Merlin's apprentice. He met Mrs. Delling's eyes, "When are we leaving for the dance?"
"In forty-five minutes," explained Mrs. Delling, "but I don't think I'm going to let you go, Tracey."
"What?!" Tracey asked shocked, "Why, Mrs. Delling? I have to go." Gina landed on his pillow and got down. She closed her eyes. Mrs. Delling faced Tracey and asked him, "Why? Why do you have to go?"
"Peter Nelson." Tracey mumbled, "Peter Nelson."
"Don't worry about me, Tracey," said Makenna, "Please? I'll be all right." She retook his hand, "I promise that after tonight, I won't hang out with Peter Nelson anymore. I'm going to break up with him tonight."
"That's right." Mrs. Delling explained to Tracey, "Tomorrow morning, when all this Spirit Week stuff is over with, I'm going to let her take you back to Merlin's Island, and if she wants to spend Saturday and Sunday with you, she can." Mrs. Delling smiled at Makenna.
She smiled back. "Really, Mom?" she asked.
Mrs. Delling nodded. "Thank you, Mom." Makenna added, "All right, Tracey." She continued to rub his hand, "I think I'm going to spend the weekend with you, just like last weekend. Wow, I can't believe it's already been almost a week since I first met you. Wow. Don't worry, I swear I'll take you back. I just need to get the dance out of the way. I believe it may just be best if you stay here and rest."
"But, Makenna."
"No buts," said Makenna, "Shh. Rest, Tracey. You need to rest. Okay, Mom." She focused her attention on her mother, "I'm going to go ahead and change." She stood up and let Tracey's hand go. Then, turning on her heel, she headed toward the staircase, with Raeven following her, and disappeared upstairs. Mrs. Delling heard her door slamming shut.
She focused her attention back down on semiconscious Tracey and tried to give him some painkillers she had brought, but he again refused. "Can I go home now and fight a dragon?" he questioned.

Up in her bedroom, Makenna kicked off her shoes and flopped down on her bed, hugging her backpack to her chest. She was exhausted. It had been a very busy day.
Raeven landed next to her and said, "Whew! It's been quite a day today! The pep rally went ballistic, I saw an amazing spell brawl between you and Tracey, and now we have a dance to go to! Ah." He crawled onto Makenna's tummy, "This just gets better and better. So, what should we do when we get to the dance?"
"We?" Makenna tiredly asked, "What do you mean 'we,' Raeven? Who said you're going? Who said I was going? I personally don't really want to go to the dance, not when Tracey's in such terrible shape."
"But you've got to!" Raeven told her, "It may be the only way how you're going to become a Crystal Metamorphic Fairy! Please let me come, Makenna. I can help you. Remember I promised I would help you earn this third transformation?"
Makenna sighed, "You did, Raeven, and we also made a deal."
"Which I refuse to break. You've got to let me come along, Makenna. You yourself have to go. I know you're worried about Tracey, but as soon as you become a Crystal Metamorphic Fairy, you'll be able to take him back to Merlin's Island and get him to the hospital."
Makenna moaned. "I don't know, Raeven," she mumbled. She closed her eyes and tilted back her head, "The thing is, Peter Nelson is starting to make me a little uncomfortable. What if Tracey is right? What if he is planning on hurting me tonight?"
"I'll make sure he doesn't!" Raeven promised her, "I swear to it, Makenna! I'm not going to let some smart aleck seventeen-year-old hurt a fourteen-year-old fairy! I'll protect you. Trust me. However, we do have to go that dance, no exceptions."
Makenna sighed, "Very well, Raeven," she softly said, "I'll go, but you better watch my back!"
"I will. I promise. It's all the duty of the Megabat! That's why we're called Megabats! We're mega, mega awesome, and we don't let anybody hurt our mega, mega awesome friends! Now get up!" Raeven hopped off of Makenna's tummy and started to hover in front of her, "Get changed! Brush your teeth! Lift weights! We are on our way to the Spirit Week Dance!"
"Whoopee." Makenna unexcitedly said. Raeven twirled excitedly in midair.

Fourteen-year-old Makenna soon jumped to her feet, and she shuffled over to the dress box Tracey had given her to put her dress in. She picked it up and stared down on it sighing. Raeven landed on her shoulder. Makenna pulled the lid of the box off, and she reached inside grabbing her beautiful, blue dress that Tracey had also made for her.
She changed into it, and Raeven commented, "You look beautiful in that dress, Makenna," when he saw her. The fairy feebly smiled. She turned on some music from her boom box and plopped down in a rolling chair. She rolled it to her mirror and went straight to work. She took her hair out of the high ponytail, grabbed her curling iron, and turned it on. With it, Makenna started to curl her hair. She only burned herself once. While she curled it, Raeven went through her lipstick tubes and tried to find the perfect color for her. He did. He found a light pink. The Megabat pushed it to Makenna and nudged her with his claw. She peered down on him and the tube, and Raeven nodded. Makenna soon finished curling her hair; she had curled it beautifully, and she next picked up the lipstick tube Raeven wanted her to use and put on some lipstick. She puckered her lips after putting on the lipstick and admired herself in the mirror. Next, she picked up some base and covered her pale complexion with it. Then, to complete the ensemble, she put on a little blush. She thought about also adding some mascara, but then she thought that would be too much. Makenna had already made herself look beautiful; she didn't need any mascara.
When finally, she finished changing, she stood up from her makeup table and twirled in front of Raeven, asking, "Well, Raeven, how do I look?"
"You look beautiful." Raeven admitted, "Absolutely beautiful. I love the curls."
"Thank you." Makenna feebly said. With one hand, she reached for her curls, and with the other, she placed it to her bare neck. Sighing, she added, "If only I had my necklace."
Raeven flew into her arms and told her, "Don't worry, Makenna, you'll get your necklace back. I promise. Right now, let's focus on going to the dance and getting your third transformation."
Makenna gulped and admitted, "I'm a little nervous, Raeven."
"Don't be. I'm right here." Raeven crawled up onto her shoulder and pecked her cheek.
Makenna reached for it and said, "Thank you, Raeven. Well, let's go ahead and head back downstairs." She shuffled over to her closet and opened it. Makenna reached inside and started to dig around. She pulled out a purse and slipped it over her head. Opening it, she nodded at Raeven, and he nodded back. Flapping his wings, he hopped off of Makenna's shoulder and flew into the purse. "Are you going to be okay in there, Raeven?" Makenna asked him.
"I will be, Makenna," he said back, "Don't worry."
"Let's head back downstairs now."
"Right." Makenna Delling shuffled over to her door and opened it. She stepped back into the hallway.

Downstairs, Tracey was trying to stand up, but Mrs. Delling was pushing on him and forcing him to stay seated. Caleb was upstairs in his room working on a science project, and Makenna was coming down the stairs.
Tracey, who was fighting with Mrs. Delling, begged, "Let me go, Mrs. Delling, please!"
"I can't, Tracey. You've got to sit still."
Tracey fought harder, "I don't want to sit still! I want to live my life!" Makenna made it to the bottom of the stairs, and she cleared her throat. Hearing her, Tracey and Mrs. Delling stopped fighting and turned their heads. Their eyes landed on Makenna.
Tracey's eyes widened at the sight of her. "Makenna," Mrs. Delling stammered, "you look absolutely beautiful. Where did you get that dress? It's gorgeous."
"Tracey made it for me." Makenna answered, "He made it with a magic paintbrush."
"A magic paintbrush?" Mrs. Delling unconvincingly asked, "Sure." Tracey was staring at beautiful Makenna. He was immobilized by her. He couldn't even speak.
However, in his head, he was asking himself, Wait, I made that?
"You did, Tracey." Gina told him. She landed on his head, "You really don't remember?" Tracey shook his head no.

Makenna soon approached his side and said,
"Thank you, Tracey. Thank you so much for the dress. It's beautiful. Well?" She acted out a twirl, "How do I look?"
"Beautiful." Tracey finally replied, "So, I made you that dress?"
Makenna stopped twirling, "Yeah." She met Tracey's eyes, "Don't you remember? You made it in Merlin's Cave with a magic paintbrush."
"I did?" Tracey looked very confused.
Still resting on his head, Gina leaned down and peered into his face asking, "Hello, Tracey? Are you in there?" She dug her claws into his mass of black hair. Tracey was staring into outer space.
Makenna leaned toward him and asked, "You really don't remember making this dress for me?"
"Remember?" questioned Merlin's apprentice, "I remember an enormous wave and storm, but was everything after that merely a dream?" Both Makenna and Mrs. Delling were staring at him. Why was Tracey acting so weird? Gina peered into his face again. Raeven soon poked out from Makenna's purse, and he asked, "What's going on? What's wrong with Tracey?"
Gina was peering into Tracey's eyes, and through telepathy, she told Makenna, "His pupils are dilated. I think he's dizzy."
"It's his wings." Makenna mumbled, "His wings are really hurting him now. Tracey." She took his shoulders, "I'm going to lie you back down."
"No," he protested, "I have to go to that dance with you, Makenna. Let me up."
Gina hopped off his head and landed on the back of the couch. "No!" Makenna snapped at Tracey, "You are not going, Trace! Forget it. You are way too sick. Don't worry, Raeven will look after me."
She lied Tracey down, and he closed his eyes. "Raeven?" Mrs. Delling soon asked, and she glanced at Makenna, "You're taking that bat with you? Why?"
"He just wants to come along, Mom." Makenna said in a slightly heated voice, "I don't see anything wrong with that." Patting Raeven's head, she continued, "All right. I'm going to go ahead and head outside. Peter will be here soon."
"Very well," spoke Mrs. Delling. She faced her daughter and took her shoulders, "Have fun, Makenna. Wait here for a moment. I want to give you something."

"Give me something?" Makenna questioned, "Give me what?" However, Mrs. Delling didn't answer. She just removed her hands from her daughter's shoulders and slipped away. Makenna and Raeven patiently waited for her to return. Soon, she did, and in her hand, she held Makenna's phone.
She offered it to her, "Here's your phone, Makenna just in case you need to call either me or your dad."
Makenna took the phone and said, "Thank you, Mom."
"No problem. Use it wisely. Again, Makenna, have a good time at the dance. I'll take care of Tracey and make sure your dad doesn't distract him again."
"No." Tracey protested again, "No, I'm going."
Makenna peered down on him and said, "No, you're not, Tracey. Forget it. Mom." She and Mrs. Delling met eyes. Makenna continued, "Ask Caleb for help if you need it. Remember, he's the fairy expert."
Smiling feebly, Michelle nodded and said, "Will do. See you later, Makenna."
"See you later, Mom." One last time, Makenna glanced down on Tracey and took his shoulder, "I'll be back, Tracey. You just concentrate on resting. Are you ready, Raeven?"
"Ready," he answered. Makenna slipped her phone into her purse and turned on her heel. She marched toward the front door, and Mrs. Delling listened as it opened and slammed back shut.

Soon after Makenna vanished outside, she glanced at the staircase and called,
"Caleb! Caleb!"
Caleb soon appeared at the top of the staircase. "You called, Mom?" he asked. He peered down into the living room.
Below, Michelle nodded, "Yes, dear. Do you think you can help me with this fairy?" She pointed at Tracey, "Makenna says you're the fairy expert."
"Sure." Caleb waved, "I'll be right down."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

653 81 12
Our female lead Norah had a horrible life, she was abused and abandoned at a young age. She was never loved by those who was to be her family (except...
328 47 34
Alysa is about to turn 19, she will have to step into the Enchanted University of Magemenos, where she will have to face the parallel world. General...
67.7K 2.4K 20
Matty has seen faeries since she was eight because of scars on the right side of her face that disfigure her. She's learn to deal with giants walking...
5.3K 1.9K 56
After a traumatic incident, Erina was never the same. She wasn't always an outcast. The Fae in New Mere just never looked at her the same since. The...