Captain's Parrot (Oc x One Pi...

By dragonshardtales101

Let's follow back up to date! Faythe Marie, sixth member of the Strawhats and has the dream of finding the Lo... More

Free Me From This Pain//Prologue
Why is Everything So Long??//Chapter 1
The Foxy Pirates//Chapter 2
The Festival Shenanigans//Chapter 3
The First Game//Chapter 4
A Interesting Race//Chapter 5
A Fox's Parlor of Tricks//Chapter 6
A Unexpected Meet// Chapter 7
The Last Game//Chapter 8
Afro Luffy//Chapter 9
Traps on Deck!//Chapter 10
Thats Game!//Chapter 11
Freeze! It's A Admiral!// Chapter 12
Admiral Aokiji// Chapter 13
Chapter 14//What Is This Man On-!?
Bipolar MF-!!// Chapter 15
The Bad Ones//Chapter 16
Thats A Long Ass Boat!//Chapter 17
Homesick//Chapter 18
Water 7//Chapter 19
Yagara Bulls//Chapter 20
A Tour in Water 7//Chapter 21
Usopp's Lost Twin Brother-!?//Chapter 22
Cash Money//Chapter 23
Huh? Where'd Usopp go?//Chapter 24
Who did this to you!? //Chapter 25
It's Falling Apart.//Chapter 27
Iceberg Shot--!//Chapter 28
Solo Mission// Chapter 29
Catch A Train//Chapter 30
Infiltration//Chapter 31
Runaway Train//Chapter 32
Tag Team//Chapter 33
Pop Goes The Weasel!//Chapter 34
Crossed A Line//Chapter 35
Cuffed//Chapter 36
Tis' But A Scratch-!//Chapter 37
Interesting Plan. Gonna Do It? No.//Chapter 38
Enies Lobby Damage Control Incoming!//Chapter 39
Not As Weak As Other's Might Assume.//Chapter 40
BullKings Dozing-!!//Chapter 41
Gomorrah's Promise!//Chapter 42
Racing to the Top!//Chapter 43
I WANNA LIVE-!!!//Chapter 44
Valentines Day Special♥️✍️
Lets get this started!!//Chapter 45
Now Wait A Damn Minute.//Chapter 46
Quinn//Chapter 47
Time to be Just as Ruthless//Chapter 48
Desperate Hope//Chapter 49
Feather In The Wind//Chapter 50
Buster Call Commences!//Chapter 51
Ain't So Bad Afterall//Chapter 52
AN ACTUAL MERMAID-!?//Chapter 53
And Now We Endure.//Chapter 54
DOWN WITH CP9!!//Chapter 55
So Long Idiots-!!//Chapter 56
Going Merry's Last Voyage//Chapter 57
Twinnin-!!//Chapter 58
Chapter 59// Girl's Night
A New Ship Promised//Chapter 60
Hi, Luffy's Grandpa. Wait. Why are you a marine?//Chapter 61
A Question Unveiled//Chapter 62
Worry About That Later!//Chapter 63
Silly Lu// Luffy Birthday(Canon)
Well, about that.//Chapter 64
Wanted Poster Update!//Chapter 65

Can't Be Repaired...?//Chapter 26

511 53 8
By dragonshardtales101

When they all returned to the Merry, waiting for Usopp to wake, Faythe had been told of the news. The first thing she did was sit down at a desk and rest her forehead into the back of her clasped hands, "Usopp isn't gonna take lightly to this..."

"I know..." Nami patted her shoulder, taking a good look of the girl who was lathered in gunpowder and dried blood.

Wyper crossed his arms, "I wish I could've gone as well to beat those men into their graves, but someone had to stop me because they were too afraid to be left alone." He eyed the ginger with a frown.

Nami glared at him with hands on her hips, "Those five were all good enough on their own. Plus what's so wrong with extra strength in protecting the last 100 million...!?"

Wyper only huffed and looked back at Faythe, "I'm sure he'll love the new ship that Luffy will choose."

"No, you don't get it—!" Faythe looked up with a frown, "Usopp is set on repairing the Merry..! Oh my gawd...! Is he the last to find out!?" She stared up at the finger with wide eyes, and her face dropped at Nami's knowing expression, "Oh my gosh... He's gonna hate us..." She whined.

Nami frowned at the red head's posture, her shoulders dropping in exhaustion as she heard that she ran around the city trying to find him and then had to run around again, because she needed to find some medical aid, "I'm sure it won't be that bad... He'll come around, I'm sure."

Faythe looked back up with a hesitant glance, "I'm not to sure about that..."

"Hey! Usopp is awake!" Chopper hollered out from the main deck.

Nami and Faythe both looked at each other with solemn expressions.

Wyper sighed, "I'll leave first."

"Let's see how badly he'll react..." Nami squeezed Faythe's shoulder in comforting.

Faythe patted her hand with a soft nod, "Yeah..."

With that they both made it towards the main cabin, where everyone had settled down.

Usopp was hugging Zoro's leg, spilling apologies, until he saw Faythe and Nami walk in last, "Fae—!"

Faythe smiled and opened her arms as she caught the staggering man, "I'm glad your okay... You should sit down though.." She rubbed his back.

Usopp melted into her hug and blubbered out more apologies, "I'm sorry you had to see me like that... If only I was stronger...!"

Faythe closed her eyes at that last statement, her eyes opening to meet most of the Strawhats' gazes with worry, "Your plenty strong...!" She smiled weakly.

Usopp's grip on her tightened, "Apparently not strong enough..." His tone quiet and eyes fading of any light.

It scared her.

Faythe's face dropped. Her eyes flickering desperately to her other crew mates, "Usopp...?"

Sanji had grabbed Usopp's arm and hurried him over to a crate to sit on, "Why don't you sit down for a bit? Don't want those injuries reopening."

Faythe sent the chef a grateful smile.

/:/~***~/:/

Usopp hung his head, "So you didn't get the money back..."

Luffy laughed, "Well, until this Franky guy comes back, we won't know if we can. And even if we don't get it back, we still have 100 million! No worries!"

Wyper shook his head, "So blunt."

"Cripes, how could you be so rash!? At least you're still alive..." Sanji half scolded the sniper.

Nami leaned on a hip and gave a sharp look at her Captain, "It is a worry! It's our money!"

"I'm sorry..." Usopp apologized again. Faythe was getting slightly annoyed with how many times he was going to repeat those words, "But how about the ship? Will 100 million be enough to fix Merry?" Usopp looked up worriedly to the crew, "We came to this big shipbuilding center to get her repaired. We need them to make her strong enough to handle the upcoming voyages..."

Faythe sucked in a harsh breathe. Her eyes darting to find Nami's and Wyper's. Also side glancing to Zoro—who also met her glance for a moment.

"Well, Usopp..." Luffy smiled, "I've decided to switch ships. We owe a lot to the Going Merry, but this is as far as she'll sail."

Usopp blinked.

Faythe felt something small clutch her leg, glancing down, it was Chopper looking at Usopp in worry. She placed a hand on top of his hat, giving him a small form of comfort in this tense moment.

Luffy twisted around in his seat and pulled out a boat catalogue from the table, "So I've been looking some ships to replace her... If we have 100 million, we can get one that even bigger, though it'll have to be second hand."

Usopp raised his hands frantically, "Hold it, hold it. You can stop the joking around now..." He looked up with a wobbly smile, "So... We don't have enough money to repair her? All because I got the 200 million stolen!? There isn't enough, is that it!?"

Faythe stilled, "No wait, Usopp! That isn't—." But he only ignored her as his mind was going through a million excuses as possible.

"I guess top-notch shipwrights sheathe a lot more..." Usopp muttered, but Luffy raised his hands to stop him there.

"Look that's not it!"

Usopp abruptly sat up, "Then explain! Don't hold anything back!"

Luffy was starting to lose his patience, "I'm not holding back! Getting money stolen has nothing to do with this!!"

"Then... Why'd you bring up the idiotic idea of changing ships!!" Usopp's face flickered from frustration to pure confusion, his brows furrowing.

Zoro watched with a frown, "Hey, you two—shouting at each other won't solve anything. Speak calmly!"

"Nothing will be solved if your both angry..!" Wyper agreed.

Usopp whipped a sharp look at Zoro, "How can I be calm when he says such stupid things!?"

Faythe and Sanji both looked at each other with growing concern for the two boys. Sanji moved first to make sure Luffy doesn't lunge at Usopp, while Faythe did so for the latter.

"Hey! This is important, so explain it one thing at a time." Sanji hurried over.

Chopper raced after Faythe to stop Usopp, "Usopp, you'll replaspe.. Don't get so excited!"

The crew all jumped when Luffy shouted.

"THE GOING MERRY... CAN'T BE REPAIRED ANY FURTHER!"

It was quiet for a moment, everyone seemed to be silent as Luffy took in deep breathes to calm down.

Faythe held Usopp's shoulder with wobbly tight lips, "Great..." She pressed her head against Usopp's back.

Luffy readjusted his hat for a second, "She just can't be fixed. I wouldn't be telling you this if there were any other way."

Usopp numbly glanced down at the planks of the flooring, his brows twisting in confusion as he tried to process. He then repeatedly slammed his hands down on the flooring, "But it's our ship... The ship we're on right now!"

Luffy nodded, "Yeah... This ship, which is about to sink!!"

Usopp stared in a daze for a moment, until his eyes took on a dangerous look.

One that Faythe recognized almost instantly.

A fake spark of hope that the mind made up.

Usopp glanced off to the side with a frown, "What're you saying... Luffy?"

Luffy looked at him with slight concern, "It's true. That's what they said at the shipbuilding center. They said she won't even make it to the next island!"

Usopp released a quiet chuckle, "Hoo... I see... She won't make it, huh...?" He pressed his palm against his face, "A bunch of guys you never met before convinced you of that, and you just came back here?"

Luffy clenched his fists, "What!?"

Usopp gritted his teeth, "A BUNCH OF SUPPOSEDLY FIRST-RATE SHIPWRIGHTS  TOLD YOU SHE'S HAD IT! THIS SHIP WE JOURNEYED ON TOGETHER... OVER EVERY WAVE! IN EVERY BATTLE! THIS VENERABLE MATE THAT ACCOMPANIED US THROUGH IT ALL!!" He yelled defiantly.

Faythe stood back, grabbing Chopper to hide behind her. Her eyes watched in terror as Usopp was slowly shifting into someone, she didn't even think she knew anymore.

"AND YOU'RE NOT GONNA LIFT A FINGER... YOU'RE JUST GOING TO ABANDON HER IN A PLACE LIKE THIS!?"

"Usopp... You need to calm down... Your injuries.." Faythe slowly approached him, her hand slowly dropping onto his bandages shoulder, resulting in the man to look back at her with a frustrated look.

"AND YOU—!" He pointed a finger straight at her, "DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THESE LIES—!? FEEDING ME FALSE HOPE WHEN YOU FOUND ME!?"

Faythe's face dropped at his accusation, "N-No—! I didn't have a clue—! I just..."

"—EXCUSES—! BULLSHIT—!" Usopp spat, "YOUR JUST LIKE THE REST OF THEM! How can I even trust you—!?"

"USOPP—!" Wyper stepped forward, "You don't mean that...!"

Nami rushed over and hugged her side, "Fae..! Don't listen to him...!"

Faythe felt her face pale as Usopp dropped her tie into her hand while shoving it off his shoulder. Her whole face looked like it broke at that one single moment.

Usopp turned back to Luffy, who in turn was giving the Sniper a hard look, "IS THAT ALL THIS SHIP MEANS TO YOU!? LUFFY!?" He then keeled over and let out a harsh coughing fit.

Chopper hurried over, "Usopp, You shouldn't yell like that!"

Nami looked on from Faythe's side, "Usopp..."

Luffy felt a nasty scowl cross his face at the sight of Usopp's and Faythe's interaction, "Well then, you're the expert!?"

"Luffy!"

"This crew doesn't have a carpenter..." Luffy continued with a hard glare, "That's why we went to those guys to check the ship!"

"So forget it! Don't bother asking people like them! I'll fix 'er up like I always have! That's how we've done so far, right?" Usopp struggled in his movements, slow but moving nonetheless.

Sanji watched with a frown, "HOLD ON, USOPP!"

Usopp continued on though, in his delusional hope, "All right! Let's get to it! I'll need your help too, guys! Oh yeah, we don't have enough lumber. I'll have to buy more at the shipbuilding center. I'm gonna be busy!"

Luffy snapped his head around, having enough of this, "YOU'RE NO A SHIP'S CARPENTER! USOPP—!"

Nami gasped, "LUFFY!"

Usopp glared right back at his Captain, "Yeah that's true! So what!? Just remember this—they call themselves specialists, but to them, it's just someone else's ship..." He pressed his hand down on his knee to get back up on his unsteady feet, "They'll write it off without a second thought. Well, I just don't trust them! It's our ship and it's up to us to protect it! That's the lesson here!!"

Faythe glanced over at Nami, "This is getting out of hand...!" She murmured in panic.

"I WILL NEVER TURN MY BACK ON THIS SHIP! ARE YOU ALL CRAZY!? YOU GOT TAKEN IN BY A BUNCH OF BIG-TIME SHIPWRIGHTS JUST CUZ THEY TALK SMART!?" Usopp stumbled forward and grabbed Luffy by the collar of his vest, his fist weak, but firm, "THE LUFFY I KNOW WOULD SEE THROUGH THEIR SALES PITCH... AND HAVE FAITH IN THE GOING MERRY'S STRENGTH!"

Chopper stepped back from the arguing, his face burying into the side of Faythe's leg, "I don't like this..." He muttered softly, his eyes glossing over in fear.

Faythe kept her eyes on the two arguing men, "Me neither, Tony... Me neither, Tony..."

"—BUT INSTEAD, YOU'VE GOTTEN ALL OLD AND MADE AN IDIOTIC DECISION LIKE THAT!? HOW CAN YOU CALL YOURSELF THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN!?" Usopp leveled Luffy with a hard glare, "I MISJUDGED YOU, LUFFY!"

Faythe gasped, along with a few others in the room.

Nami raised a hand in desperation, "Hey, wait, Usopp! Luffy felt that way at first too...!"

But Luffy held up his arm to stop her, "BE QUIET, NAMI!" He then squared the Sniper firmly with a stern look, "I'VE MADE MY DECISION! NOTHING YOU SAY WILL CHANGE MY MIND!" He clenched his fists as he was practically shouting in Usopp's face, "WE'RE GONNA CHANGE SHIPS! WE WILL PART WITH THE GOING MERRY HERE—!"

"NOT LIKELY! I WONT ALLOW IT!"

Sanji stepped forward, "Hey guys, calm down! You won't get anywhere if you're both so upset!"

Usopp was rasping, "Now listen, Luffy! Not everyone is able to be optimistic like you and always look forward. I can't turn my back on an injured comrade and go back out to sea!!"

"SHUT UP! YOU CAN'T COMPARE A SHIP TO A HUMAN BEING!"

"THEY'RE THE SAME! MERRY HAS THE INNER STRENGTH TO KEEP ON LIVING!" Usopp shouted, "But knowing you, you're already excited about the next ship! YOU WERE JUST PRETENDING TO CARE ABOUT MERRY!"

Luffy had snapped.

The next second, Luffy had slapped a Usopp's hand off his collar and slammed the sniper's shoulder into the wooden floor, "CUT THE CRAP—!"

"LUFFY—!"

"DON'T THINK YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE TAKING THIS HARD! EVERYONE ON THIS SHIP FEELS THE SAME WAY!" Luffy yelled in his face, pinning him down.

"THEN THERE'S NO WAY YOU'D ABANDON HER—!" Usopp slung his head back to hold back a pained scream.

"Alright then! IF TOU DON'T LIKE MY WAY OF DOING THINGS...! YOU CAN JUST TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO—" But before he could make a move to finish that sentence, a foot connected with his face. Sending him crashing into the table.

"DON'T YOU DARE FINISH THAT THOUGHT—!"

A few screams and gasps rang out in the room.

Sanji gapped at the redhead, "Faythe-Chan...??"

Faythe stood in the middle of the room with clenched fists. Her face hardened into a scornful look as she glared down at Luffy's bruised face, "Don't you dare say something you don't wanna promise—!" She seethed.

Luffy slowly leaned up on his elbows, a hand gradually touching the sore bruise on his cheek, "F-Fae...?" His voice coming out quiet for a moment before realizing what exactly he was about to say, "Uh... Oh. Sorry.. I didn't mean..." He was dazed as he realized that this was the first time that Faythe had hit him.

And he wasn't the only one to realize as Faythe gritted her teeth, while glancing back at Usopp's broken form.

Luffy felt something twist in his gut at the sight of her siding with Usopp. And not him. The aching throb on his cheek became even more sore as his wobbly eyes made eye contact with Faythe's glare. He had never expected to be on the other side of such fiery blue.

"No, it's alright, Luffy..." Usopp stayed in his position to collect his breathing, "That's probably how you really feel."

"What!?" Luffy jumped up and gave the Sniper a stern look.

Usopp leaned up, "Just get rid of useless shipmates one after another!" He released a tired sigh, "If you're gonna abandon this ship... Why not do the same with me!?"

Faythe whipped around with wide eyes, "Usopp! You can't be serious!" She walked closer, "Your just tired...! You can't mean..."

But Usopp held up his palm to her, stopping her instantly, "I'm serious...! I've been thinking about this for a long time now...! Frankly, I can't keep up with the monstrous powers you guys possess!"

Everyone went silent.

"Like today... I couldn't even guard the money... And I know I'll just be a burden on you guys. You don't need weak shipmates, right!?" Usopp made it back up to his feet, "Luffy, you're gonna become the Pirate King, right? I don't have any such high ambitions for myself!" He let out a weak laugh, "Looking back on when I first went out to sea.. You guys just invited me on the ship. That's our only connection—!" He then turned towards the cabin door, "There's no sense in traveling together when we have completely different goals—!"

He walked out.

"HEY, USOPP, WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?"

Faythe's throat felt tight as she rushed out of the cabin, watching him jump off the ladder, "WAIT—! USOPP!"

"It's my own business where I go." Usopp walked away, standing in the open space.

"I'm.... I'm quitting this crew."

Nami gasped and clung to the rails, "BUT... YOU CANT! WAIT!"

Sanji stood next to Wyper, "HEY, COME BACK!"

Wyper furrowed his brows, "I didn't know you could do that."

Chopper was clinging to Faythe's arm, "HUH?? HUH?? DONT GO! USOPP!!" Tears threatened to fall from his wobbling eyes.

Luffy watched from the top railings, teeth clenching.

"I can't follow you anymore.. Sorry to have been such a burden." Usopp crossed his arms, "You're the Captain, and this ship belongs to you... So fight me for her!! If I win, I'm taking Merry!" Usopp seemed to have made up his mind, "Monkey D. Luffy..."

And no one was going to change that.

"FIGHT ME—!"

/:/~***~/:/

Here we go...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 518 16
The Straw Hat Pirates, after defeating Doflamingo, depart from their new found friends and make their way back into the New World. They end up on a s...
706 32 13
Book 1: No Regrets, Right? Book 2: Gomen... Captain Book 3: By Your Side --- This is the 4th book in my LuffyxReader series, if you haven't read the...
25.4K 732 46
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ "Who knew someone can change the course of the winds......" Y/n L/n is a young man with the kindest...
22.3K 288 24
alright here the basics you dont join the crew until dressrosa everything before is your adventure with the crew your the eldest out of sabo ace and...