ALWAYS || Katsuki Bakugo

By Azzo00

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。 ⊱ 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚋 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚊𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝙸... More

0- Pain
1- Complicated
1.5- Information
2- Do It Again
3-Lost
4- Fool
5- Ignore
5.5- 2 AM
6- Rabid Pomeranian
7- Existence
8- Cupid
9- Detention Buddy
10- Awake
11- Each Other
12- Thrilling
13- Mystery
14- Hell
15- Annoyingly Pissy Voice
16- Exhilarating
17- Supportive Friend
18- Fucking Weirdo
19- I Will Not Be Afraid
20- Memory
21- Lasting Friendship
22- Bestie Duties
23- Drown
24- Rubies
25- Seventeen
25.5
26- Victory
27- We Won
28- Relate
29- Scared
30- Confident
31- Above And Beyond
32- Weapon
33- Damn Solar Panel
34- Trust
35- This Girl
36- Warm and Fuzzy
37- Lean On Me
38- Feelings
39- One-sided
40- Given Names
41- Beside Him
42- Baked With Love
43- As Long As You Want
45- Ruin Our Friendship
46- Cuddly
47- My Princess
48- Hopelessly In Love
49- Disappointment
50- I'll Wait
51- Breaking Hearts
52- Here For You
53- Beef
54- Fucked Up
55- Forgive
56- Whisper
57- Glad We Met
58- Luckiest Guy
59- Pretty Little Brat
60- Lovesick Idiot
61- A Perfect Date Ruined
62- His Yoshiko
63- Catching Up
64- Fight
65-Rest Day
66- Always
66.5- Yoshiko's Bucket List
67- High
68- Blood Oath
69- Encounter
70- Alive
71- Good Night, Akimitsu Yoshiko
72- Search
73- A Taste of Death

44- Worth It

910 58 13
By Azzo00

Bakugo woke up extra early that morning since he had to get his gauntlets repaired and wanted them back by evening. He held one of his gauntlets under his arm, making his way to the support department to ask Power Loader to fix his gauntlets. Another reason why he came to school early was to study in peace. Tutoring his friends made him want to rip out his hair with how stupid they could be sometimes.

Unknown to him, a certain silver-eyed girl had the same plans. Sort of. Yoshiko sat on her usual seat in the empty classroom, math textbook and notebook opened in front of her. She arrived at class early to avoid running into Shinsou. She wasn't sure she wanted to bother looking at him just yet. And then there was Bakugo.

She couldn't get the way he gently held her out of her mind. Just thinking about it made her insides a mush again. She rarely cried in front of anyone. She refused to let her tears out. But when Bakugo suddenly pulled her into him, she couldn't hold back her tears anymore. He was so comforting.

She started daydreaming about his handsome face again, his maroon eyes, fluffy and spiky hair, and his delicate touch that wiped her eyes. Yoshiko grumbled to herself when she realised she'd begun daydreaming instead of focusing on the books in front of her, willing her heart to calm down.

He's so stupid. She aggressively jotted down formulas. Who does he think he is, making my heart race like that. Not that I'll let it happen again. He can't keep making me feel like that.

Yoshiko had moved on from thoughts of Bakugo and finally focused on her work, going along with the flow of the study session. That's until the boy she was daydreaming about a few seconds ago decided to show up. She felt the desk behind her shift and glanced back to see Bakugo. She gave him a blank look, expressions neutral.

"We havin' a staring challenge now?" Bakugo grimaced, annoyed when she simply stared and said nothing.

"Why are you here so early?"

"Had to get my gauntlet repaired." Bakugo huffed, taking out his math textbook from the bag.

"You're going to study math? I'm doing that too. Maybe we can study together." She said, getting up and turning her chair so it faced his desk.

"Nice try, I 'aint tutoring ya."

"I don't need tutoring." She scoffed, putting her notebook on his desk. Bakugo looked up from the pages he was flipping, taking a quick glance at her face. She looks pretty. She had her hair in two dutch braids, lazily sitting on her chest. He couldn't help but admire how the braid shifted from black to white. Then his eyes lingered on her clear-gloss-coated lips. Oh, God, that shine made him want to devour her lips.

"So, what chapter are you doing?" Yoshiko asked.

"Huh?"

"What chapter are you going to do? Or should I say it in English?" Bakugo rolled his eyes at her sassy attitude.

"Watch your mouth. I'm gonna do the third chapter." Bakugo skipped over to the topic exercise when an idea popped up in his head. "Oi. Let's do this exercise and see who gets the most answers right."

"And what does the winner get." She asked, clicking her pen.

"Free lunch from the loser, which, by the way, is you."

"Uno reverse, bitch. Bring it on."

"Heh."

They two fell into silence, solving the math exercise, doubling-checking every answer twice to make sure they got it right. Yoshiko liked the idea of studying with a challenge. It riled ber up. She also knew Bakugo was the only one with whom she could study like this. Because he, too, like her, had a love for challenges.

Bakugo looked up from his notebook when he heard Yoshiko crack her knuckles, biting her lip, eyes focused on her notebook. He held his pen in his fist, almost crushing it. Why did she have to wear gloss? It was distracting him.

"Why the fuck do you wear that?"

"Wear what?" Yoshiko frowned.

"Gloss." He stated.

"Because I don't want crusty lips like you?" She mocked with a mischievous grin.

"My lips aren't crusty, fuck you."

"Dudeski, the gloss is on my lips, not yours. Why does it bother you?"

"That's exactly why it fucking bothers me. Because it's on your lips." Bakugo said, locking his eyes with hers.

"Uhuh? If you want lipgloss like mine, just say so. I'll buy you one." Yoshiko said, unsure where the conversation was going. Bakugo smirked, leaning forward. Yoshiko was taken aback by this sudden movement.

"Oh, no." He said his voice husky, his nose inches apart from hers. "That's not how I want your lipgloss on my lips."

Yoshiko stared into his eyes in confusion. If he did not want her to buy him the same gloss as she wore, how else was he expecting to get the gloss she used on his lips? Realisation dawned on Yoshiko, and her lips parted in surprise. Did he mean he wanted her gloss on his lips by kissing her?! Was she looking too deep into things, and he actually meant that Yoshiko did not have to buy him a new one and just lend him the one she had in her bag right now?!

Yoshiko's cheeks flushed seven colours of red, her heart soaring up in the skies, but she did not break eye contact. Just when she said she wouldn't let herself feel this way again, he had to go and pull something flirty. Since when did he get so flirtatious? He wasn't like that when we first met, it's so unfair! He wants to tease me? Fine.

Bakugo was going to ask her if the cat got her tongue when, to his surprise, she tilted her head and leaned towards him, their noses now touching. "If you want my gloss by kissing it off me, be my guest, Bakugo Katsuki."

WHAT?! Bakugo internally screamed.

With how close they were now, Yoshiko almost wanted him to kiss her. She felt like her senses were clouded just from being this close to Bakugo as if he were some sort of drug she hadn't tried yet. Flinging her desire to kiss him aside, she continued to fluster him.

"Awh, what's wrong, Katsuki. Scared?" She leaned further into him, their lips dangerously close now. One wrong move, and they'd practically be kissing.

Bakugo didn't bother responding. Not when she was this close. His eyes were half-lidded, ready to push his lips onto hers when he heard the door sliding open.

Yoshiko and Bakugo pulled back at the speed of light and grabbed a book, each covering their faces with it, pretending to study while both flared bright red.

"Oh, hey! Didn't think you two would arrive to class on time." Sero chirped, walking up to the two.

"Mm, yeah." Yoshiko gave out a small response.

"Yes." Bakugo responded.

"You two are acting weird..." Sero said, shocked by how calm the two were. He caught how Bakugo was staring at a blank page, and Yoshiko was holding her math book upside down. "So... are you guys studying?"

"Mhm."

"Yes."

Sero noticed how both of them had red cheeks. He bit the inside of his cheek and looked back and forth between the two, letting out a gasp. "Did I interrupt something?"

"No. Fuck off!" The two yelled in unison.

"So I did walk in on something!" Sero exclaimed, slinging an arm around Bakugo. "Is our Bakugo finally growing up?"

"I will choke you with your own tape." Bakugo threatened.

"Since Bakugo refuses to let me in, mind telling me, Akimitsu?"

"I will help Katsuki choke you with your own tape."

"Katsuki?!" Sero's jaw dropped. "Oh, my God. What am I missing here?!"

Yoshiko and Bakugo slowly stood up, their auras darkening, staring at Sero with murderous intentions. Sero sweat dropped and slowly stepped back as the two advanced towards him. Did he face the wrath of Team Explosion Murder? Yes, he did.

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

Yoshiko was glad hero work was cancelled for the time being because of exams. She wasn't sure she'd be able to walk straight after the brutal training All Might and Ectoplasm threw their way today. It was eleven thirty in the night. She got up from her desk where she was studying. She looked at Bear sleeping in his spot in the corner, kissing his head before tip-toeing out of her room.

She wanted to take a bath down in the girl's bath since it was bigger. Most of the lights were off because everyone had retired to their rooms. There were a few in the living room, studying. Yoshiko slipped into the baths and found someone had left the hot taps open. Was someone else going to bath as well?

She shrugged and took off her clothes. She washed her hair and body in the shower before walking to the vanity cabinet to throw some essential oils and bath bombs in the water. She sighed in relief when she felt the water sooth her arms. The overuse of her quirk not only drained her energy but also gave her a muscle ache. The former wasn't too troublesome for her to manage since storing energy or eating and sleeping again helped, but the muscle aches really annoyed her.

Yoshiko rested her head on the edge, Shinsou crossing her mind for a few seconds. She successfully managed to avoid him for the whole day. When he walked into class, she turned her attention to the window to avoid looking at him. She managed to evade him during training and lunch break as well. She knew completely ignoring him like this would hurt him, too, because he had to step away from her because of Aoi. But ignoring him was the only way it wouldn't hurt too much.

Yoshiko's attention turned to the door when she heard the knob turn. Mina and Jirou entered, grinning at Yoshiko. "Oh, you're here too!" Mina exclaimed.

"Hey. Felt like a midnight bath?" Yoshiko grinned up at the two.

"Yup. I ran into Mina on the way. Thought we'd go in together." Jirou said. "We'll take a shower and join you in a few minutes."

Yoshiko hummed in response and looked away to let them shower. She watched the blue-coloured water, glad the two had come because she didn't want to think about her broken friendship with Shinsou any longer. Mina and Jirou stepped into the bath, each girl on different sides of the tub.

"Man, this feels so nice." Jirou sighed.

"Are you the one who left the taps on?" Yoshiko asked.

"Yeah, I wanted to take a bath after everyone went to sleep."

"Too bad I was awake." Mina teased.

"It's just us. I don't mind." Jirou said, twirling her earphone jack around her finger.

"Hey, have you and Kami kissed yet?!" Mina shifted closer to Jirou, eyes gleaming with curiosity. A pink blush bloomed on Jirou's cheeks.

"Well... yeah."

"What does it feel like?! I wanna know!" Mina whined.

"Huh? Go kiss someone to find out." Jirou deadpanned.

"Would describing it hurt you?!" She exclaimed, splashing Jirou with water. She then turned to Yoshiko. "You've dated before, right?! Maybe you can describe it."

"Eh..." Yoshiko sighed. She didn't feel like answering that question, but Mina's puppy eyes were too hard to let down. "Fine. I guess it feels nice."

"That's all?! I need a proper description."

Yoshiko ran a hand down her face. She hated the images of kissing Kenzo flashing through her mind. "It just feels nice to have someone else lips on yours. It's like your chest bursts with butterflies, and you feel giddy and happy... feels like cloud nine."

"Man... I wanna experience that. Wait, I never asked why you broke up with your ex." Mina said.

"Oh."

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to." Jirou reminded.

"Well... I wasn't his type anymore." Yoshiko grumbled, staring at her reflection in the coloured water.

"What? Then why did he get into a relationship with you?" Mina frowned.

Yoshiko sighed, looking up at the ceiling. "Two years after dating me, the girl he used to like declared she liked him too. I was just for time pass, I guess."

"What an ass." Jirou scoffed.

"Ugh, I hate guys like him," Mina said, her nose scrunching in disgust.

"He tried dumping it all on me by claiming I was too much of an 'angry' person for him to deal with and that he couldn't keep up with me forever. And then he tried to use the fact we hadn't been talking much after my brother died as a reason for us to break up."

"God, Yoshi. You deserve better than that. Why would you date his ass?!" Mina asked.

"I was like thirteen when I realised I liked him. I just had to go and confess... just an innocent thirteen-year-old, you know? I did not know how much it would hurt in two years time."

"Man, fuck him. At least you have Bakugo now." A sly grin made its way to Mina's face.

"Eh?" Yoshiko tore her eyes at Mina.

"Mina, did you notice how Bakugo couldn't get his eyes off her today?" Jirou joined in.

"Not you, too, Kyoka!" Yoshiko yelled. "It's not true! He was probably thinking of ways to beat me in training or shit."

"Nuh uh, girl. He's head over heels. I can smell love from a mile away." Mina said.

"You're delusional," Yoshiko grumbled, her face flushing when she thought of Bakugo almost kissing her before homeroom. She was lowkey glad Sero interrupted because she wasn't sure of her feelings for him even though he managed to occupy most of her mind these days.

"Okay, but what do you think of him?" Jirou asked.

"He's just a friend, alright!" Yoshiko exclaimed.

"Lies."

Yoshiko puffed out her cheeks, averting her eyes from Mina. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to be honest with her girls. "Maybe... I am starting to feel different around him. Ever since he got shot, it's like I've been seeing him in a different light, and it annoys me."

"When you almost lose something, it becomes more valuable," Jirou said. "Maybe that's the case."

"I can tell you can't get your feelings sorted out," Mina said. "Let's start with what you like about him."

"I like how we share so much in common," Yoshiko stated, playing with the ends of her hair. "Sometimes we don't need words to communicate when we're training because we just know what the other is thinking. Isn't that kind of... attractive?"

"Sure is," Mina said, stifling a laugh at how Yoshiko's cheeks were red while her face was flustered and grumpy at the same time. "What else?"

"He's also really handsome. Sometimes, I can't get my eyes off him. Also, it's like he finds a way to drill himself into my mind when he's not around. It's so fucking annoying when I'm trying to focus. And you should see him flirting! It's like he's challenging me to flirt back and then run away after getting intimidated by him or shit! So irritating." She finished with a huff, not realising she just rambled.

Jirou and Mina suddenly laughed, ticking off Yoshiko. She splashed the two with water, pouting.

"Bakugo flirts? Damn, thats the first time I'm hearing that." Jirou said.

"Just to piss me off. I know it."

"You know, Yoshi, he doesn't even bat an eye at the girls that fall his way. If he actually teases you and flirts with you, it means you have his attention."

"Hmph. So what? It's because we're partners and spend a lot of time training, studying and sparing together."

"Okay, let's put what Bakugo thinks aside for a moment and focus on what you feel about him," Jirou said. "Sometimes talking it out loud with people you trust can help you clear your mind."

"I..." Yoshiko cupped her cheeks, feeling the warmth from her face radiate to her hands. She thought about how he let her lean on his shoulder when they were interning with Hawks. How he held her close to her yesterday. It was so easy to open up to him. She thought about how he riled her up to do her best to beat him. Then there was the fact that thinking about him made her feel giddy and nervous. She bit her lip and looked up at her friends. "I do like him..."

"YES!" Mina yelled.

"Shush, Mina." Jirou scolded.

"Kyoka, Yoshiko likes Bakugo!" Mina squealed. She knew Bakugo liked Yoshiko too because she lost the bet to Kirishima. But she wasn't going to tell anyone.

"Honestly, Mina. Tell anyone, and I'm yeeting you off a cliff." Yoshiko glared at her oink friend, who was now dramatically shaking a poker-faced Jirou by the shoulders.

"Okay, I won't! But when are you confessing."

"I'm not confessing!" Yoshiko said. "I don't want to risk going through another heartbreak."

"You're comparing your feelings to the past," Jirou said.

"So what? I don't want to make the same mistakes again."

"I don't think dating Bakugo would be a mistake," Mina said.

"Most guys like me only until they realise I'm not the easiest to deal with," Yoshiko grumbled.

"Bakugo isn't most guys." Mina pointed out. "That dude is always up for a challenge."

"I like how you just assume he likes me." Yoshiko snickered.

"Trust me, I'm sure he's in love," Mina smirked.

"Very funny."

"Anyways, I'm not getting into a relationship again. Kenzo was my last mistake."

"I think it's a bit cruel to compare Bakugo to your ex," Jirou expressed. "Sure, Bakugo can be a little unpredictable, but he's nothing like what you described Kenzo. He's bold and straightforward. If he doesn't like someone or something, he says it to their face instead of going in circles and playing mind games."

"I side with Jirou on this one." Mina raised a hand.

Yoshiko looked down at the water, feeling guilty. She did compare Bakugo and Kenzo. Not once or twice but many times. Jirou was right. The two were nothing alike, and comparing them wasn't a good thing.

"I guess you're right." She mumbled.

Jirou smiled at Yoshiko. "I know the whole 'sorting feelings out' thing can be complicated. But I think you two were made for each other."

Yoshiko shyly looked up at her friends. After talking her mind out with them, she wasn't going to ignore her feelings for him now. Because Bakugo was worth it.

"I do feel a little clear-minded now." Yoshiko sighed. "Thank you guys."

"Anytime, bestie!" Mina chirped.

"If he truly makes you happy, it's worth the shot. If he rejects you, we're here to beat him up if you want." Jirou smiled.

"I can do that myself." Yoshiko chuckled.

"Ah, it was nice talking about love. I can swear I see pink steam coming off Yoshi." Mina grinned, making Yoshiko roll her eyes.

"Let's get out of the bath now before we get wrinkly," Jirou said.

"Oh yeah, we've been here for a long time," Mina said, standing up.

"Yeah, let's go," Yoshiko said, getting out of the bath, this time with newfound feelings for Bakugo.

。⋆。˚ ʚïɞ ˚。⋆。

If you want to read an angsty Dabi fic

GO 👹READ👹 MY 👹NEW 👹DABI 👹FIC 👹NOW 👹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 593 22
DISCLAIMER! THIS IS THE OLD VERSION! CHECK OUT MY PROFILE FOR THE REWRITE THANK YOU :) _______________________________________________ She started ou...
529K 17.3K 53
STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN UNDER THE TITLE OF 'it began with you'. ---- 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰. Y/n was born int...
139K 6.9K 75
𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐀 U.A. High is the birthplace of legendary pro-heroes and a bountiful source of memories. Memories are meant to be cherished! Memories are...
121K 2.9K 46
katsuki bakugo has been desperately in love with his best friend y/n Aizawa since the young age of four but is too terrified to tell her in fear of r...