Lust - Dallas Winston

By eightiesoutsider

Lust: it feels like love, until it's time to make sacrifices. Dallas Winston fanfic Content warning: 18+ Bas... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51

32

2.1K 38 92
By eightiesoutsider

That following day, Darry made me go to school. 

I honestly forgot about school. 

It was just about the end of the school year anyway, I was passing all my classes with flying colors, so I don't even know why he was still making me go. 

I honestly didn't even know what day it was. 

But, going to school didn't bother me. 

What did bother me, was Dallas. 

Because something had changed since the night before. 

I'm not exactly sure what caused him to act like this, but he seemed back to his old ways. 

Rude, harsh, as if nothing ever happened between the two of us. 

Dallas hardly said two words to me all day. 

...

"Do you want to.... maybe do something later?" I asked Dallas sheepishly, as him, Johnny, Ponyboy and I all walked home from school. 

I really didn't care if we actually did something later or not, I was really only asking to test the waters. 

I just wanted to see what he would say, hoping it would give me some sort of hint on why he was acting this way. 

"No, why would I?" Dallas scuffed at my question, as he walked faster to walk ahead of me.  

On top of my bitching hangover I had, and my back still hurting, Dallas's attitude didn't help. 

"What's his deal?" Johnny leaned over and asked me. 

"I don't know, he's been like this all day. Did I do something wrong?" I asked Johnny.  

Johnny shrugged, and looked at the ground. 

"Don't know." He simply replied. 

Dallas's attitude only got worse once we got to the Curtis house.  

And it continued to grow worse as the night went on.  

...

I stood in the hallway, leaning against the wall. 

I watched TV from a distance, as the Curtis Brothers, Johnny, and Dallas all sat in the living room. 

I felt if I sat with them, it would only make Dallas worse.

After a while, Dallas got up from the couch. 

Dallas walked towards me down the hall. 

He bumped my shoulder, almost knocking me off of my feet as he passed. 

I stumbled back, catching myself on the wall, as Dallas continued to walk past me and into my room... without batting an eye. 

Dallas returned a few minutes later. 

"Hey, Dal?" I said, as he passed me. 

Dallas rolled his eyes, and turned around to face me.  

"What do you want?" Dallas spoke loudly, so everyone could hear he was clearly annoyed. 

"I- um... did I do something wrong?" I asked him quietly. 

"Everything you do is wrong.  Can you just leave me alone? You've been on my ass all day!" Dallas spat. 

His voice grew louder with every word. 

It grew louder and louder till he was just about yelling. 

It always scared me when Dallas yelled.

His voice was already loud and booming to begin with. 

"You're just acting... different." I mumbled out.  

Before Dallas could even speak again, Soda put his two cents in. 

"He's just embarrassed because he kissed you in front of everyone last night." Soda chuckled out. 

Huh?!

I don't remember that!

Jesus Christ, how much did I fucking drink?

Darry smacked Soda with the news paper he had in his hands. 

"Zip it." Darry scolded Soda. 

Darry then turned his head back to Dallas and I, "you two, quit it.   You're gonna wake the whole neighborhood."

Dallas turned to me and stared.

His face was bright pink, I couldn't tell if it was that color from anger or embarrassment. 

Nothing could have prepared me for what Dallas was about to say next. 

Before I could even open my mouth to defend myself, Dallas began to speak. 

"I should have just left you in that church!" Dallas yelled out at the top of his lungs. 

Oh.

Fuck

My whole body begin to tremble. 

How could he say that?

What could I have truly ever done, to make Dallas Winston be so cruel to me?

I thought he cared about me. 

Tears filled my eyes. 

The blood from Dallas's face seemed to drain.  

His angry expression dropped, as the 'oh shit' look appeared. 

"I didn't mean-" Dallas started to speak again. 

Johnny slammed his hands on the table in front of him so hard, I thought it was going to snap in half. 

Johnny stood up quickly, and marched over, as he stopped in front of me. 

I stepped back into the wall. 

I was truly terrified. 

Johnny had this look in his eyes that I had never seen before.  

His face was red, and his forehead was dripping from how hot he grew in a few seconds. 

Every muscle in Johnny's body seem to tense and bulge up.  

Johnny's eyes narrowed, as he stood between Dallas and I, facing Dallas head on. 

"Stop yelling! Can't you see you're scaring her?!" Johnny yelled. 

Johnny's whole body was taken over by a rage he kept bottled up inside of him.  

Everyone fell dead silent. 

We had never seen Johnny act like this before, let alone yell. 

I don't think anyone knew what to do. 

"NO BODY CARES THAT YOU KISSED HER! BUT DON'T YOU EVER WISH HER DEAD! YOU KNOW DAMN WELL YOU WOULD BE BAWLING ON THE FUCKING COUCH FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE IF SHE WAS!" Johnny screamed at the top of his lungs. 

Dallas seemed to jump a little bit, as Johnny continued to yell. 

Johnny seemed to step closer, and closer to Dallas with every word he said. 

I could feel everyone looking at us. 

The tension between Dallas and Johnny made my throat want to close up. 

I did what I knew best. 

I ran out of the house and down the street. 

I ran all the way across town until I couldn't run anymore. 

All I knew was I had to get out of there, I didn't want to see a fight break out between Johnny and Dallas.  

I sat down on the curb. 

I was so angry, upset, and embarrassed. 

I let my head drop into the palms of my hands, and I started bawling. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 28 9
Some short stories I write when I'm bored about my favourite ship of The Outsiders **THESE CHARACTERS WERE CREATED BY S.E HINTON, I DON'T TAKE ANY C...
1.2K 13 16
An Outsiders story✨️💛 "I can't love you. I just can't. Not after everything that's happened to me" After being caught up in a murder wrap completely...
180K 4.1K 18
- DALLAS WINSTON. âťť GIVE 'EM A RUN FOR THEIR MONEY, SWEETHEART. âťž [ THE OUTSIDERS ] [ GRAPHIC CONTENT ] [RIGHTS:] - THE ONLY CHARACTERS I OWN WILL...
45.3K 718 15
"i don't know, i guess i just... felt like it." "felt like what?" "i felt like holding your hand." - two teens, considered outcasts, find home in eac...